As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Vote Manipulation Phalla - Look Out it's Sabs and TheLawinator survive.

12345679»

• MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Guess I should've gone for the triple-fake out and kept my +3 on Sabs. Ah well, didn't know TheLawinator could reduce votes.

Megatin on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man when you guys were hunting for circles yesterday I thought I was screwed since I thought it was obvious me and aegis were working together this whole phalla.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited June 2010
    I had my tally+3 on you, guess it wasn't enough.

edit: yesterday, that is.

Megatin on
    edited June 2010
    Megatin wrote: »
    I had my tally+3 on you, guess it wasn't enough.

edit: yesterday, that is.

Hmm Aegis had a +3 boost too so I think he helped ensure Daius stayed in second

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Day 8 Eliminations (in alphabetical order)
    Delphinidaes
    Megatin

Eliminated Features (sorted in each dimension)
    Two, Three
    Blue, Green
    Square, Square

Look Out it's Sabs! and TheLawinator earn victory as the final survivors, sharing the common Number Feature, "One".

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    damn jesus toting bastards pulled me away from my computer. So my vote which would have been on sabs did not get entered.

However....we shall see how things played out.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited June 2010
    ah well

At least I took down megatin ;)

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited June 2010
    Sorry Delph, I figured you and TheLaw were planning last-second shenanigans against me.

Megatin on
    edited June 2010
    would my missing vote on Sabs have swayed the end?

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited June 2010
    Roles and Abilities
    VoteManipPhalla-Roles.gif

simonwolf - One Red Triangle - <tally x2>
    TheLawinator - One Red Square - <value -3>
    jdarksun - One Red Circle - <value +2; tally +3>
    Rend - Two Red Triangle - <tally +2>
    Ebfan - Two Red Square - <value x2; mod 7>
    JaysonFour - Two Red Circle - <value lifo>
    LoserForHireX - Three Red Triangle - <value +(raw votes)>
    Daius - Three Red Square - <tally -3>
    FunkyWaltDogg - Three Red Circle - <vote swap>
    Alegis - One Blue Triangle - <value +3; mod 7>
    Orange Soda - One Blue Square - <value +2>
    Look Out it's Sabs! - One Blue Circle - <tally +(targets)>
    Ringo - Two Blue Triangle - <target swap>
    Delphinidaes - Two Blue Square - <tally +(vote value)>
    Infidel - Two Blue Circle - <value x-1>
    Robos A Go Go - Three Blue Triangle - <tally lifo>
    Sir Fabulous - Three Blue Square - <value =2>
    Phyphor - Three Blue Circle - <tally -2; x2>
    Burnage - One Green Triangle - <tally x2; -3>
    Teucrian - One Green Square - <value-tally swap>
    Dunadan019 - One Green Circle - <tally -2>
    Zandracon - Two Green Triangle - <value x2; tally x2>
    Capfalcon - Two Green Square - <tally /2>
    Aegis - Two Green Circle - <value +3>
    The Anonymous - Three Green Triangle - <value -2>
    SlickShughes - Three Green Square - <tally +3>
    samurai6966 - Three Green Circle - <value x2>

Role Text
    Your card is <one/two/three> <red/blue/green> <triangle/square/circle>!
    <image here>

You have a daily ability: [/b]<ability here>[/b]

See the first post for win conditions and other rules.

<value +2> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote is increased by 2. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value +3> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote is increased by 3. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value -2> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote is decreased by 2. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value -3> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote is decreased by 3. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value =2> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote becomes equal to 2. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value x(-1)> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote is multiplied by -1. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value x2> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote is multiplied by 2. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value +(raw votes)> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote is increased by the raw number of votes that player has in the thread. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value +3; mod 7> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote is increased by 3, then taken modulo 7 (value is divided by 7 and the remainder becomes that player's vote value). You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value x2; mod 7> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote is multiplied by 2, then taken modulo 7 (value is divided by 7 and the remainder becomes that player's vote value). You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<tally +2> You may target one player each day. That player's vote tally is increased by 2. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<tally +3> You may target one player each day. That player's vote tally is increased by 3. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<tally -2> You may target one player each day. That player's vote tally is decreased by 2. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<tally -3> You may target one player each day. That player's vote tally is decreased by 3. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<tally /2> You may target one player each day. That player's vote tally is divided by 2. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<tally x2> You may target one player each day. That player's vote tally is multiplied by 2. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<tally +(targets)> You may target one player each day. That player's vote tally is increased by the number of players targeting that player (including yourself). You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<tally +(vote value)> You may target one player each day. That player's vote tally is increased by his vote's value. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<tally -2; x2> You may target one player each day. That player's vote tally is decreased by 2, then multiplied by 2. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<tally x2; -3> You may target one player each day. That player's vote tally is multiplied by 2, then decreased by 3. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value +2; tally +3> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote is increased by 2 and that player's vote tally is increased by 3. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value x2; tally x2> You may target one player each day. The value of that player's vote is multiplied by 2 and that player's vote tally is multiplied by 2. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<target swap> You may target two players each day. The target or targets of those players' abilities are switched. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which players you wish to target.

<vote swap> You may target two players each day. Those players' in-thread votes are switched. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which players you wish to target.

<value-tally swap> You may target one player each day. Abilities affecting that player's vote value affect his tally instead, and abilities that affect that player's vote tally afect his vote value instead. You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<value lifo> You may target one player each day. Abilities affecting that player's vote value are resolved in reverse order (i.e. last in, first out). You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

<tally lifo> You may target one player each day. Abilities affecting that player's vote tally are resolved in reverse order (i.e. last in, first out). You may not target yourself. Send me a message via PM each day regarding which player you wish to target.

Action Record
    Day 1
    Miscellaneous Manipulation

(02) Robos A Go Go uses <tally lifo> on The Anonymous.
    (08) Teucrian uses <value-tally swap> on Look Out it's Sabs!
    (17) JaysonFour uses <value lifo> on simonwolf.
    (20) FunkyWaltDogg uses <vote swap> on Delphinidaes and The Anonymous.

Burnage, jdarksun, and Ringo did not use their abilities.

Value Manipulation

(25) LoserForHireX uses <value +(raw votes)> on simonwolf, increasing his vote value to 1+2 = 3.

(04) Alegis uses <value +3; mod 7> on Robos A Go Go, increasing his vote value to 1+3 = 4.
    (05) Sir Fabulous uses <value =2> on TheLawinator, setting his vote value to 2.
    (06) Ebfan uses <value x2; mod 7> on Robos A Go Go, decreasing his vote value to (4*2) mod 7 = 1.
    (07) Orange Soda uses <value +2> on Teucrian, increasing his vote value by to 1+2 = 3.
    (11) Zandracon uses <value x2; tally x2> on Ringo, doubling his vote value to 1*2 = 2.
    (14) Aegis uses <value +3> on samurai6966, increasing his vote value to 1+3 = 4.
    (19) TheLawinator uses <value -3> on Burnage, decreasing his vote value to 1-3 = -2.
    (21) The Anonymous uses <value -2> on Zandracon, decreasing his vote value to 1-2 = -1.
    (23) Infidel uses <value x(-1)> on Teucrian, reversing his vote value to 3*(-1) = -3.
    (24) Teucrian uses <value x2> on The Anonymous, doubling his vote value to 1*2 = 2.

Intermediate Tally

Robos A Go Go: 7
    Orange Soda: 4
    The Anonymous: 4
    LoserForHireX: 2
    simonwolf: 2
    Teucrian: 2
    Daius: 1
    Dunadan019: 1
    FunkyWaltDogg: 1
    Infidel: 1
    jdarksun: 1
    Sir Fabulous: 1
    SlickShughes: 1
    Aegis: 0
    Alegis: 0
    Burnage: 0
    Capfalcon: 0
    Ebfan: 0
    JaysonFour: 0
    Look Out it's Sabs!: 0
    Phyphor: 0
    Rend: 0
    Ringo: 0
    samurai6966: 0
    TheLawinator: 0
    Zandracon: 0
    Delphinidaes: -2

Tally Manipulation

(10) Delphinidaes uses <tally +(vote value)> on The Anonymous, increasing his tally to 4+2 = 6.
    (01) CapFalcon uses <tally /2> on The Anonymous, halving his tally to 6/2 = 3.

(03) simonwolf uses <tally x2> on Dunadan019, doubling his tally to 2.
    (09) Phyphor uses <tally -2; x2> on TheLawinator, decreasing his tally to (0-2)*2 = -4.
    (11) Zandracon uses <value x2; tally x2> on Ringo, doubling his tally to 0*0 = 0.
    (12) Dunadan019 uses <tally -2> on Robos A Go Go, decreasing his tally to 7-2 = 5.
    (13) Rend uses <tally +2> on Dunadan019, increasing his tally to 2+2 = 4.
    (15) Daius uses <tally -3> on Burnage, decreasing his tally to 0-3 = -3.
    (18) Look Out it's Sabs! uses <tally +(targets)> on Dunadan019, increasing his tally to 4+3 = 7.
    (22) SlickShughes uses <tally +3> on LoserForHireX, increasing his tally to 2+3 = 5.

Final Tally

Dunadan019: 7
    Robos A Go Go: 5
    LoserForHireX: 5
    Orange Soda: 4
    The Anonymous: 3
    simonwolf: 2
    Teucrian: 2
    Daius: 1
    Infidel: 1
    jdarksun: 1
    SlickShughes: 1
    Ringo: 0
    samurai6966: 0
    Zandracon: 0
    Delphinidaes: -2
    Burnage: -3

Dunadan019, LoserForHireX, Orange Soda, and Robos A Go Go are eliminated.

Day 2

(01) Ringo uses <target swap> on Infidel and FunkyWaltDogg.
    (02) FunkyWaltDogg uses <vote swap> on The Anonymous. (target switched with Infidel)
    (03) Teucrian uses <value-tally swap> on SlickShughes.

Capfalcon, Delphinidaes, JaysonFour, Rend, and Zandracon did not use their abilities.

Value Manipulation

(04) Alegis uses <value +3; mod 7> on FunkyWaltDogg, increasing his vote value to (1+3) mod 7 = 4.
    (06) Ebfan uses <value x2; mod 7> on samurai6966, increasing his vote value to (1*2) mod 7 = 2.
    (09) Sif Fabulous uses <value = 2> on The Anonymous, setting his vote value to 2.
    (10) jdarksun uses <value +2; tally x2> on Capfalcon, increasing his vote value to 1+2 = 3.
    (12) The Anonymous uses <value -2> on Alegis, decreasing his vote value to 1-2 = -1.
    (13) samurai6966 uses <value x2> on Aegis, doubling his vote value to 1*2 = 2.
    (17) Infidel uses <value x(-1)> on Delphinidaes, reversing his vote value to 1*(-1) = -1. (target swiched with FunkyWaltDogg)
    (17) Infidel uses <value x(-1)> on The Anonymous, reversing his vote value to 2*(-1) = -2. (target swiched with FunkyWaltDogg)
    (18) TheLawinator uses <value -3> on The Anonymous, decreasing his vote value to (-2)-3 = -5.

Intermediate Tally

Burnage: 7
    Zandracon: 2
    Ebfan: 1
    Ringo: 1
    samurai6966: 1
    Daius: 0
    Delphinidaes: 0
    Infidel: 0
    jdarksun: 0
    simonwolf: 0
    SlickShughes: 0
    Teucrian: 0

Tally Manipulation
    (05) simonwolf uses <tally x2> on samurai6966, doubling his tally to 1*2 = 2.
    (07) Look Out it's Sabs! uses <tally +(targets)> on Rend, increasing his tally to 0+1 = 1.
    (08) Burnage uses <tally x2; -3> on samurai6966, decreasing his tally to (2*2)-3 = 1.
    (10) jdarksun uses <value +2; tally +3> on CapFalcon, increasing his tally to 0+3 = 3.
    (11) Phyphor uses <tally -2; x2> on TheLawinator, decreasing his tally to (0-2)*2 = -4.
    (14) SlickShuches uses <tally +3> on FunkyWaltDogg, increasing his tally to 1+3 = 4.
    (15) Aegis uses <value +3> on SlickShughes, increasing his tally to 0+3 = 3. (effect switched by Teucrian)
    (16) Daius uses <tally -3> on Burnage, decreasing his tally to 7-3 = 4.

Final Tally

Burnage: 4
    FunkyWaltDogg: 4
    Capfalcon: 3
    SlickShughes: 3
    Zandracon: 2
    Ebfan: 1
    Rend: 1
    Ringo: 1
    samurai6966: 1
    Infidel: 0
    simonwolf: 0
    TheLawinator: -4

Tiebreaker between Capfalcon and SlickShughes: no raw votes against either -> CapFalcon's tally reached 3 first.

Burnage, Capfalcon, FunkyWaltDogg, and The Anonymous are eliminated.

Day 3

(01) Ringo uses <target swap> on Infidel and simonwolf.
    (07) Teucrian uses <value-tally swap> on Delphinidaes.
    (12) JaysonFour uses <value lifo> on Alegis.

Daius, samurai6966, simonwolf, and Zandracon did not use their abilities.

Value Manipulation

(04) Ebfan uses <value x2; mod 7> on Infidel, increasing his vote value to (1*2) mod 7 = 2.
    (05) Alegis uses <value +3; mod 7> on samurai6966, increasing his vote value to (1+3) mod 7 = 4.
    (08) jdarksun uses <value +2; tally +3> on Rend, increasing his vote value to 1+2 = 3.
    (09) Aegis uses <value +3> on Look Out it's Sabs!, increasing his vote value to 1+3 = 4.
    (10) TheLawinator uses <value -3> on Ringo, decreasing his vote value to 1-3 = -2.
    (11) SirFabulous uses <value =2> on Ringo, setting his vote value to 2.

Intermediate Tally

Alegis: 5
    Infidel: 4
    Zandracon: 4
    Phyphor: 3
    Ringo: 3
    samurai6966: 3
    simonwolf: 3
    Rend: 2

Tally Manipulation

(02) Delphinidaes uses <tally +(vote value)> on Phyphor, increasing his tally to 3+1 = 4.
    (03) Rend uses <tally +2> on simonwolf, increasing his tally to 3+2 = 5.
    (06) Phyphor uses <tally -2; x2> on Ringo, decreasing his tally to (3-2)*2 = 2.
    (08) jdarksun uses <value +2; tally +3> on Rend, increasing his tally to 2+3 = 5.
    (11) Look Out it's Sabs! uses <tally +(targets)> on Aegis, increasing his tally to 0+1 = 1.
    (15) SlickShughes uses <tally +3> on Ringo, increasing his tally to 2+3 = 5.
    (xx) simonwolf uses <tally x2> on Phyphor, doubling his tally to 4*2 = 8. (target swapped with Infidel)

Final Tally

Alegis: 5
    Rend: 5
    Ringo: 5
    simonwolf: 5
    Phyphor: 4
    Zandracon: 4
    Aegis: 1

Alegis, Rend, Ringo, and simonwolf are eliminated.

Day 4

(04) Teycruab uses <value-tally swap> on Aegis.
    (11) JaysonFour uses <value lifo> on Infidel.

Extermatott, Infidel, SlickShughes, and TheLawinator did not use their abilities.

Value Manipulation

(02) Ebfan uses <value x2; mod 7> on jdarksun, increasing his vote value to (1*2) mod 7 = 2.
    (03) samurai6966 uses <value x2> on Ebfan, increasing his vote value to 1*2 = 2.
    (06) Aegis uses <value +3> on Look Out it's Sabs!, increasing his vote value to 1+3 = 4.
    (07) Delphinidaes uses <tally +(vote value)> on Aegis, increasing his vote value to 1+1 = 2.
    (08) Look Out it's Sabs! uses <tally +(targets)> on Aegis, increasing his vote value to 2+2 = 4.
    (10) jdarksun uses <value +2; tally +3> on samurai6966, increasing his vote value to 1+2 = 3.
    (12) Sir Fabulous uses <value =2> on Extermatott, setting his vote value to 2.

Intermediate Tally

Teucrian: 9
    jdarksun: 6
    Extermatott Zandracon: 0
    Sir Fabulous: 0

Tally Manipulation

(05) Daius uses <tally -3> on Infidel, reducing his tally to 4-3 = 1.
    (06) Phyphor uses <tally -2; x2> on Infidel, reducing his tally to (1-2)*2 = -2.
    (10) jdarksun uses <value +2; tally +3> on samurai6966, increasing his tally to 3+3 = 6.

Final Tally

Teucrian: 9
    jdarksun: 6
    samurai6966: 6
    Extermatott Zandracon: 0
    Infidel: -2

jdarksun, samurai6966, and Teucrian are eliminated.

Day 5

(05) JaysonFour uses <value lifo> on Phyphor.

Daius, Infidel, Phyphor, and SlickShughes did not use their abilities.

Value Manipulation

(01) Ebfan uses <value x2; mod 7> on Phyphor, increasing his vote value to (1*2) mod 7 = 2.

(03) Extermatott uses <value x2; tally x2> on Ebfan, doubling his vote value to 1*2 = 2.
    (04) Aegis uses <value +3> on Look Out it's Sabs!, increasing his vote value to 1+3 = 4.
    (06) Sir Fabulous uses <value =2> on Daius, setting his vote value to 2.
    (09) TheLawinator uses <value -3> on Aegis, decreasing his vote value to 1-3 = -2.

Intermediate Tally

Ebfan: 4
    Phyphor: 3
    Delphinidaes: 2
    Extermatott Zandracon: 1

Tally Manipulation

(02) Delphinidaes uses <tally +(vote value)> on Phyphor, increasing his tally to 3+2 = 5.
    (03) Extermatott uses <value x2; tally x2> on Ebfan, doubling his tally to 4*2 = 8.
    (07) Look Out it's Sabs! uses <tally +(targets)> on Aegis, increasing his tally to 2.

Final Tally

Ebfan: 8
    Phyphor: 5
    Aegis: 2
    Delphinidaes: 2
    Extermatott Zandracon: 1

Ebfan, Infidel, and Phyphor are eliminated.

Day 6

(01) JaysonFour uses <value lifo> on Megatin.

Value Manipulation

(05) Extermatott uses <value x2; tally x2> on JaysonFour, doubling his vote value to 1*2 = 2.
    (09) Aegis uses <value +3> on JaysonFour, increasing his vote value to 2+3 = 5.
    (11) TheLawinator uses <value -3> on Extermatott, decreasing his vote value to 1-3 = -2.
    (12) Sir Fabulous uses <value =2> on Extermatott, setting his vote value to 2.

Intermediate Tally

Extermatott: 6
    JaysonFour: 6
    Sir Fabulous: 2
    Megatin: 0

Tally Manipulation

(02) Delphinidaes uses <tally +(vote value)> on Sir Fabulous, increasing his tally to 2+1 = 3.
    (05) Extermatott uses <value x2; tally x2> on JaysonFour, doubling his tally to 6*2 = 12.
    (06) Megatin uses <tally +3> on Extermatott, increasing his tally to 6+3 = 9.
    (07) Daius uses <tally -3> on Aegis, decreasing his tally to 0-3 = -3.
    (08) Look Out it's Sabs! uses <tally +(targets)> on Aegis, increasing his tally to (-3)+2 = -1.

Final Tally

JaysonFour: 12
    Extermatott: 9
    Sir Fabulous: 3
    Megatin: 0
    Aegis: -1

Extermatott, JaysonFour, and SirFabulous are eliminated.

Day 7
    TheLawinator did not use his ability.

Value Manipulation

(04) Aegis uses <value +3> on Look Out it's Sabs!, increasing his vote value to 1+3 = 4.

Intermediate Tally

Daius: 4
    Aegis: 3
    Megatin: 2

Tally Manipulation

(01) Look Out it's Sabs! uses <tally +(targets)> on Aegis, increasing his tally to 3+1 = 4.
    (02) Delphinidaes uses <tally +(vote value) on Daius, increasing his tally to 4+1 = 5.
    (03) Megatin uses <tally +3> on Look Out it's Sabs!, increasing his tally to 0+3 = 3.
    (05) Daius uses <tally -3> on Delphinidaes, decreasing his tally to 0-3 = -3.

Final Tally

Daius: 5
    Aegis: 4
    Look Out it's Sabs!: 3
    Delphinidaes: -3

Aegis and Daius are eliminated.

Day 8
    Vote Manipulation

(05) TheLawinator uses <value -3> on Megatin, reducing his vote value to 1-3 = -2.

Intermediate Tally

Delphinidaes: 1
    Megatin: 1
    TheLawinator: -2

Tally Manipulation

(02) Delphinidaes uses <tally +(vote value)> on Megatin, decreasing his tally to 1-2 = -1.
    (03) Look Out it's Sabs! uses <tally +(targets)> on Megatin, incresing his tally to (-1)+3 = 2.
    (04) Megatin uses <tally +3> on Delphinidaes, increasing his tally to 1+3 = 4.

Final Tally

Delphinidaes: 4
    TheLawinator: -2

Delphinidaes and Megatin are eliminated.

Look Out it's Sabs! and TheLawinator are victorious, sharing the common Number Feature, "One".

Game Spreadsheet

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It was a blast working with you, Sabs.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited June 2010
    It depends on when you did it. If you cast it before TheLawinator voted for me, I think Sabs would've died and I would've won. You were gone either way I think.

Megatin on
    edited June 2010
    Ah it wouldn't have mattered anyways. Good to know!

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited June 2010
    It was a blast working with you, Sabs.

Hehehe

all went as planned

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited June 2010
    Well, unless it was much earlier, in which case I would've stayed with the kill Sabs plan, so you and TheLawinator would've won.

Megatin on
    edited June 2010
    Overall lots of fun! I did alot more networking this time around then I did in previous games. Even had Sabs listed as "Lying about shape" on my impromptu spreadsheet ;)

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Interesting. Slickshughes really wanted me dead!

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited June 2010
    Aye good times!

I really am bad at this game! :)

Megatin on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmm... if Law had saved Daius night 7 (vote -3 on someone voting for Daius), squares would have won that day, yes?

Darian on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I never had a positive number of votes this entire game.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited June 2010
    Alright, post 341 has been updated with all sorts of game information. If you need to know any more details, I'm happy to answer. If I made any mistakes, know that they are only accidental and accept my advance apologies. Thanks to all for participating in this experiment. Now to consider whether or not to make a trilogy out of this...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've been following this one.

Sabs, you are one slick phalla player.

Lucedes on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I did more networking and plotting this game than any I had been in. I am somewhat proud me and Sabs managed to decapitate Infidel that one night, though in retrospect he did have his computer die on him.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited June 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    I did more networking and plotting this game than any I had been in. I am somewhat proud me and Sabs managed to decapitate Infidel that one night, though in retrospect he did have his computer die on him.

I felt so dirty this game doing backstabs and vote shenanigans.

So dirty but it also felt so good

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ringo wrote: »

I was voting blindly, and figured boosting the vote total on the same random person was as good as anything else.

SlickShughes on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ringo wrote: »

I was voting blindly, and figured boosting the vote total on the same random person was as good as anything else.
    I should've just saved my Rend vote for just before close. But I was trying to prove to my little group that I would go out of my way to save them.

What I realized after the fact was that my little group was just too darn little

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Grudged forever Sabs

And maybe for a few days Law

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This game confused the fuck out of me.

Also dying with only 1 person casting a vote for you on day 1 was lameeeee.

To me the mechanics seemed way too random to plan for. It seemed to mostly come down to blind luck on who won and who didn't. I didn't follow the final days closely though, so I don't know how that changed as the pool got smaller.

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    Yep, luck did play a big part if you didn't know what was going on. But if you made connections with other players, you could certainly use the information to plan ahead. This game was all about contacting other people and gathering information... making sure that you survived while others were eliminated.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I mean I definitely saw that, and maybe not soft networking with everyone in the game like I did with Eri's number phalla was my downfall, but I figured there was no way to know all the vote manip abilities in play until after Day 1, so what was the point of setting yourself up in an early alliance before you could see which way the game was headed?

I absolutely love games like this where you need to pm a lot of people, but to me it seemed like "more random" than "reward for lots of pms"

What was your perspective as host? Were you happy with the results? Did you feel that the game needed a better boost early game? More info available at the beginning of the game? Or did you feel like it came together exactly how you imagined it?

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    Certainly you're not going to know everything that goes on in a game, and you're not going to be able to have complete control. There are going to be random elements that surprise you and change how the game flows. Still, you'll want to do what you can to put the cards in your favor, right? I didn't see as much surprising stuff as I was expecting - based on the actions people took, the networking was either not as large as I thought it was going to be, or just more subtle in nature. I did expect the game to be rather slow in-thread, what with the lack of a theme and the heavy emphasis on private planning. But as an experimental game, it went about as well as I expected.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited June 2010
    Cool, good to hear. Thanks for trying out some new mechanics that can be drawn upon in the future.

Did you have a program to automatically tabulate all the vote manipulation?

Orange Soda on
    edited June 2010
    Nope. All orders were resolved by hand; the stuff you see in post 341 was typed up as I was doing resolution to try and keep track of everything. I might have made a mistake because of it, but it wasn't too bad overall.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited June 2010
    First thing I thought of was that you made a giant excel document before the game that would automatically tabulate everything. That is what I always do with vote manipulation, but I don't usually have more than 1 or 2 elements doing it. (talking about the crazy newbie phalla, but I am a fan of vote manipulation in general)

Orange Soda on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Yep, luck did play a big part if you didn't know what was going on. But if you made connections with other players, you could certainly use the information to plan ahead. This game was all about contacting other people and gathering information... making sure that you survived while others were eliminated.

Yeah but especially at the start any 1 or two players could vote kill someone else. Which ensured the early planners were wiped out.

Odd game, nice voting mechanics. Thanks for hosting. Though I'm not really a fan of the insane lethality requiring a mere 1-2 votes :)

Alegis on