As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hawkings does a backflip for the first time!

MeizMeiz Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Social Entropy++
Article:
http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070427/NEWS02/704270347
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"I believe that life on Earth is at an ever-increasing risk of being wiped out by a disaster such as sudden global warming, nuclear war, a genetically-engineered virus or other dangers," Hawking said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"I think the human race has no future if it doesn't go into space. I therefore want to encourage public interest in space."[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT]

Well from the image there, he looks like he's having a lot of fun.

He's also making an interesting prediction. Normally it wouldn't worry me although, in the recent years it has. Even more so now that this incredibly intelligent person is giving affirmation to the fact that we might fuck things up to the point where we can't fix it.

Just passing it along the only way I know how.

Meiz on

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You know, it's pretty bad that I put "zombie apocalypse" in front of "global warming" or "oil shortage" on list of potential earth threatening crises.

Javen on
  • Options
    rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm already sick of that pic. It's been posted in a couple different threads this last week.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So when can the human race start exploiting and annihilating primitive alien species? I cannot wait.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Solid_Snake-aSolid_Snake-a Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    party at Neptune's

Solid_Snake-a on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    So when can the human race start exploiting and annihilating primitive alien species? I cannot wait.

It would be kind of funny if Humanity was the Zerg of the universe. Rapidly expanding our domain by consuming and destroying everything in our path.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hunter wrote: »

It would be kind of funny if Humanity was the Zerg of the universe. Rapidly expanding our domain by consuming and destroying everything in our path.

Our collective consciousness utterly controlled by a singular Overmind.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Javen wrote: »

It's getting close to that now, just give us a few generations and exposure to Vespene gas.

Hunter on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Javen wrote: »

It's getting close to that now, just give us a few generations and exposure to Vespene gas.

That reminds me. Gotta go hit the mines.

Furu on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

You should write a novel about that so they then make it into a movie.

You make the audience hate them, then at the end go "haha, it's actually you guys, assholes".

Meiz on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    *BLUNG*

YOU REQUIRE MORE VESPENE GAS

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dude, we don't require more Vespene gas.
    we need to SPAWN MOAR OVERLORDS!

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Goddamn Russians.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Tell president Bush to start spawning more lurkers. We will need them to fend off the zealot attack.

• Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I love Hawking, and it's great that we finally got him to experience atleast a little bit of the space environment that he has been so dedicated to solving mathematically.

In other news, humans act like viruses...

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    If you think about it, how cool would it be if humans were the most warlike and brutish beings in the universe. Like our planet is the harshest environment out there that supports life and we are these raging bezerkers with super dense bone structure, strength, and speed. Everything else is slow, weak, and tiny.

We invade a planet were the inhabitants are as big and strong as first graders. I don't know about you, but I could beat the shit out of like 20 little kids bare handed. I'd look like a terrifying demon to those people. It would be a power trip.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    If you think about it, how cool would it be if humans were the most warlike and brutish beings in the universe. Like our planet is the harshest environment out there that supports life and we are these raging bezerkers with super dense bone structure, strength, and speed. Everything else is slow, weak, and tiny.

We invade a planet were the inhabitants are as big and strong as first graders. I don't know about you, but I could beat the shit out of like 20 little kids bare handed. I'd look like a terrifying demon to those people. It would be a power trip.

That would actually be totally awesome.

Javen on
  • Options
    rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

I like the way you think.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    and then elephants and whales come along and all the aliens' heads explode

Raneados on
  • Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

But they'd likely be so super-intelligent that they'd be telekinetic and be able to reduce us to whimpers and suicide simply by speaking to us for a few moments using extremely vicious psychology, like Hannibal Lecter.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    misbehavin wrote: »

But they'd likely be so super-intelligent that they'd be telekinetic and be able to reduce us to whimpers and suicide simply by speaking to us for a few moments using extremely vicious psychology, like Hannibal Lecter.

That is what the tinfoil hats are for!

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yessss, humanity as superbadass invaders. Yeah, I can definitely see that as a possibility, like what if every other planet that could start and support life was this great utopia with very little temperature change and one huge landmass for the people, meaning its inhabitants were all peace-lovin hippies that got along great. Meanwhile, humanity was forced to adapt to the harsh landscape and geological upheavals of the ice age and volcanoes and stuff like that found in Earth. Life on Earth as one giant accident that doesn't know when to stop.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    that's pretty much the time we nuke the planet from orbit

Raneados on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

newsletter

subscription

yesyes

Weaver on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Or the other planet they never discovered oil or gunpowder so they are all trebuchetes and bows & arrows & shit

Weaver on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This has been posted like, a hundred times.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    And it's Hawking god damnit.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
This discussion has been closed.