As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HELLO WORLD OF PAX!

Snazzle1088Snazzle1088 Registered User new member
edited June 2010 in PAX Archive
First of all, I just want to extend a massive thanks to a large number of people here for many things they have assisted me with in the past few months. And second, I just wanted to extend that same massive thanks to everyone here for the following reason: (this may be lengthy, but please don't be inclined to turn away for that reason)

I went to PAX East in Boston this year, the first time I have ever been to PAX. I knew no one, and only met one or two people while there. Suffice it to say, I was way to shy. But it was perhaps one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

When I was younger, I would was picked on a lot, I mean, A LOT. Video games became something that lit up my life. As my life progressed, I only enjoyed them more and more, and people around me enjoyed them less and less (well, those that did). Finally, I arrived at a point where no one else I knew played them, including friends (the few I had.) So, I resorted to enjoying them myself. Every year I saw two things that I had always wanted to attend out of pure curiosity: E3 and PAX. I had never had the finances, nor the courage to travel such a distance myself. In March of this year (and I will be attending Prime as well =] ) I went to PAX for the first time at twenty-one.

But it was a much more rewarding experience than I had anticipated. For the first time, I felt welcomed, I felt like I belonged, I felt as if I had walked into a massive building of brothers and sisters I never knew I had, but felt more connected and in tune with than any other person in my life. It was the culmination of many many years or waiting, wishing, and hoping for the desire to attend such an event, except it was filled with so much more than I had thought it ever could be. Every single one of us there shared a joy and a true passion for something that allowed and continues to allow us to make barriers such as race, belief, likes and dislikes, and so much more transparent and childish things to be left out in the world that can never understand what we feel and share. So, after this, I simply want to tell everyone here, THANK YOU, and I look forward to seeing all of you at Prime!

Snazzle1088 on

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    Hi, and welcome the PAX forum. Please feel free to poke around and read the rules and stickies, and any other threads that interest you and maybe become involved in some community events. Unfortunately, we do not allow introduction threads on this forum, as such, I will have to lock your thread.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.