As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows 7 and the .Net Framework

BucketmanBucketman Call meSkraggRegistered User regular
So I'm having some trouble getting programs that run with the .Net 3.5sp1 Framework to work right. According to some sources I find online theres a chance that the version that comes with Windows 7 is messed up and a simple reinstall solves the trouble 9 out of 10 times.

Thats great but the 3.5.1 framework is part of Windows 7. Theres no way to uninstall it, just disable it. And Windows won't let me run the installer of it, it just says its already there and crashes. Anyone know how I can uninstall/reinstall it? Thanks in advance

Bucketman on

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    windows key -> type "windows features" -> press enter

.net framework 3.5.1 can be toggled on/off there, you might need your install disc on hand for this.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just grab the 3.5 redistributable from Microsoft and install it. it should repair any corruption.

stigweard on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    stigweard wrote: »
    Just grab the 3.5 redistributable from Microsoft and install it. it should repair any corruption.

that stright up doesn't work. It gets about half way "installed" then it stops and an error message pops up that just tells you that you can enable/disable the 3.5.1 framework in the Windows Feature.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I had this problem, where I was trying to get the new version of the Curse Client to install.

It finally took a re-install of Windows 7.

That being said, a member of the MSDN developed a tool that the .NET development team uses.

You can find it here.

Pirusu on