As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Left 4 Dead - Zombie Gabe demands headshots - IHateMountains campaign,survivor nerfs

1565758596062»

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anyone who wants to try out the new mutation should get into Armadeaddon. I'm trying to get a team together.

Professor Phobos on
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I heartily approve of the new mutation. However, there's a little bug where occasionally a decapitated zombie will get up again and keep attacking people. It's unnerving.

BloodySloth on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I heartily approve of the new mutation. However, there's a little bug where occasionally a decapitated zombie will get up again and keep attacking people. It's unnerving.
    I just came here to post this. It is a pretty fun mod and we had a few decapitated zombies still attacking, too.

We also devised a scheme to push one zombie from the start of a map to the end using body shots. We got like 3/4 of the way through the outdoors map of Dead Centre before we lost our dude in a horde and killed him accidentally. :(

edit: turning every graphic setting down to the minimum seems to have stopped my problems, even though the recommended settings for me are everything on max; weird. It turns out I barely notice the difference in the graphics anyway so I'm just going to keep it like this.

815165 on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Headshot is pretty awesome. Especially when you decapitate a fucker with the shotgun and he still comes running for you :lol: Feels like you're in Evil Dead 2.

Panda4You on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Best fucking mutation EVER!

They should make it permanent and add in leg removal.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i want it to be put up on 360, but it's realism vs on there right now for some reason

Local H Jay on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Realism vs is permanent. There should be an extra mutation option in there.

Alegis on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    I just came here to post this. It is a pretty fun mod and we had a few decapitated zombies still attacking, too.

We also devised a scheme to push one zombie from the start of a map to the end using body shots. We got like 3/4 of the way through the outdoors map of Dead Centre before we lost our dude in a horde and killed him accidentally. :(

edit: turning every graphic setting down to the minimum seems to have stopped my problems, even though the recommended settings for me are everything on max; weird. It turns out I barely notice the difference in the graphics anyway so I'm just going to keep it like this.

You'll notice some things though. I forget which setting it is but it turns certain objects invisible. Like the vent ontop of the finale of Hard Rain. You'll definately want to tweak some things a bit just so stuff like that doesn't impact your experience.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    LaCabra wrote: »
    Started working on my campaign again, decided I wasn't happy leaving it at two maps without a finale after all.
    4712081602_06c038aa8e_b.jpg
    4712081606_c9c75ac67a_b.jpg
    4712112084_5632845092_b.jpg
    Ya'll can read about what I'm doing on my blog if you want. I will most likely do an L4D2 version of this too

Consider me excited.
    consider me posting another screenshot
    4714545370_f59f9a3198_b.jpg

LaCabra on
    edited June 2010
    Had to cheese that shit with a buddy but after 4-5 pugged so-closes and too many tries, where you didn't even get a proper chance, to mention... Fuck it.
    vrvbl2.jpg
    Are people even signing up for Team VS anymore? :/

Panda4You on
    edited June 2010
    Hmm managed to get a team vs once. Which didn't finish.

Alegis on
    edited June 2010
    On closer thought, a team Scavenge works as well for that one iirc; Best-of-3 Scavenge is infinitesmally more likelly to be finished than a Versus, and more fun too imo.

Panda4You on
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Panda4You wrote: »
    On closer thought, a team Scavenge works as well for that one iirc; Best-of-3 Scavenge is infinitesmally more likelly to be finished than a Versus, and more fun too imo.

Yeah, Team Scavenge is the best for that one: one team wins the first best-of-3 and gets the achievement, both teams vote to rematch, then the other team wins the rematch and they get the achievement.

gtrmp on
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Started working on my campaign again, decided I wasn't happy leaving it at two maps without a finale after all.
    Ya'll can read about what I'm doing on my blog if you want. I will most likely do an L4D2 version of this too

Consider me excited.

Nice.
    You still have the info for your folder? I'm fairly sure everything is still the same if you want to keep using it.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Had to cheese that shit with a buddy but after 4-5 pugged so-closes and too many tries, where you didn't even get a proper chance, to mention... Fuck it.
    poop
    Are people even signing up for Team VS anymore? :/

nice! of the 3 i need to do, that one is driving me nuts. it's a very specific one. i also need still something to prove and 'play 6 mutations' one.
    sooon, i will complete this thing (on 360 btw)

Local H Jay on
    edited June 2010

Consider me excited.

Nice.
    You still have the info for your folder? I'm fairly sure everything is still the same if you want to keep using it.

I'm pretty sure I have the info, yeah. Thanks duder, I might.

LaCabra on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What is this pug everyone's talking about?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    edited June 2010
    pug.jpg?

LaCabra on
    edited June 2010
    pick
    up
    game

= pug

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, I Hate Mountains is being ported for L4D2, yeah? That shit is gonna be hard with spitters, chargers and jockeys to worry about. Going down the train tracks? ZOMBIE MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN SAYS NO.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
    edited June 2010
    My campaign probably will be too. Three maps of delicious.

LaCabra on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    pick
    up
    game

= pug

LaCabra's definition is cuter.

Just so you know.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited June 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    pick
    up
    game

= pug

LaCabra's definition is cuter.

Just so you know.

He's using the abridged version of my dictionary.

Nappuccino on

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    finally bought The Passing for 360 tonight

tomorrow, shenanigenry will be had.

T4CT on
  • mogdemonmogdemon Kansas, USRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Skeith wrote: »
    So, I Hate Mountains is being ported for L4D2, yeah? That shit is gonna be hard with spitters, chargers and jockeys to worry about. Going down the train tracks? ZOMBIE MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN SAYS NO.

I am very, very sad that I had to leave before it was over. That was the most fun I've had playing L4D1, ever. There's nothing like playing through an unfamiliar map with 3 other people who are just as green as you are. That was just gravy though--I'm no campaign connoisseur but what I played of I Hate Mountains was just fantastic. I don't even know if I'd want to play it in L4D2, everything about it just fit so damn well with the first game. I would go as far as to say that I Hate Mountains is totally worth reinstalling L4D1 for. If you can get 3 other people who are interested that haven't played it yet, absolutely go for it.

mogdemon on
    apotheos wrote:
    You ever wonder exactly how many magic mushrooms the average japanese game studio design team consumes in a year?
    just got a 3ds! 3454-0598-2000
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The finalé is probably the least fun bit because it's a bit too easy, but I love IHM.

815165 on
    edited June 2010
    I might just install L4D1 for that tomorrow.

Alegis on
    edited June 2010
  • PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sorry Local H Jay, I had to ignore one of your invites over the weekend as I was playing Ninja Blade for some reason.

If anyone wants some hot Versus action this weekend, I should be back on - I'm on the 360 metatag as BensNotWriting.

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
  • Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mogdemon wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »

I am very, very sad that I had to leave before it was over. That was the most fun I've had playing L4D1, ever. There's nothing like playing through an unfamiliar map with 3 other people who are just as green as you are. That was just gravy though--I'm no campaign connoisseur but what I played of I Hate Mountains was just fantastic. I don't even know if I'd want to play it in L4D2, everything about it just fit so damn well with the first game. I would go as far as to say that I Hate Mountains is totally worth reinstalling L4D1 for. If you can get 3 other people who are interested that haven't played it yet, absolutely go for it.

You missed some laughs.

All around, IHM is fantastic and everyone should play it.

Mustachio Jones on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    edited June 2010
    new thread time?

new thread time!

Alegis on
This discussion has been closed.