As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Billy [Chat]

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    so who wants to be up next on the [strike]chopping block[/strike] adventure? So far Corbius has the best record. He even murdered Prof M's ghost.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arch wrote: »

well that, but really it means i have an idea for another champions character

I do too, he's called "Arch" and he'll have ever starting power set in the game.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

well that, but really it means i have an idea for another champions character

I do too, he's called "Arch" and he'll have ever starting power set in the game.

hahahaha every tier zero power

what end builder?

oh wait duh

guns of course

Arch on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I don't trust the homeless because of those guys that panhandle and make like 80 grand a year tax free.

Sorry buddy yeah right you're hungry wheres your jaguar you lying liar

But they have to pay for their own health insurance Lud, and that's like fuckballs expensive.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hancock was like the worst case of blue balls ever ever

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    what adventure

I'm playing a dungeon crawl and naming the characters after [chat]ters because after like death 75 I ran out of names.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    what adventure

Not eligible.
    3226929769_daacf48a8f.jpg

Ludious on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think I'm gonna play Stone Soup.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    what adventure

Not eligible.

stone cold

Arch on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    homeless people are great

one time Sabs and I were heading to Union station and Sabs thought this one guy was going to stab him because Sabs wouldn't pay for the guy to get home on the GO Train

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just finished the memorial - now to the cemetery for the internment.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    I don't trust the homeless because of those guys that panhandle and make like 80 grand a year tax free.

Sorry buddy yeah right you're hungry wheres your jaguar you lying liar

But they have to pay for their own health insurance Lud, and that's like fuckballs expensive.

pfft they probably panhandle for that too
    all changing their cardboard sign to "need prostate exam, please help"

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    I don't know why I've been posting in H/A so much today. I guess I needed to get it out of my system for a while.

Seriously though, there have been some dumb questions in H/A today.

i dont see you getting your bootstrap on in the homeless thread

I'm staying out of that one. I know cars, and criminal law, and common law, and laptops, and a few other things, but I don't know homeless.

I was going to comment in the day care thread, but apparently if you don't have a kid you're not allowed to give advice. Go figure

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I don't know if the mail in rebate thing is permitted in the UK.

I've never seen a UK retailer attempt it.

I am happy about this, it sounds like pure evil.

There are fits of apoplexy across the financial services sector at the moment because the FSA recently ruled that companies are not allowed to use "I have read and understood the terms and conditions" checkboxes as an excuse to reject complaints about unfair contracts.

All the companies at the slightly shady end of the spectrum are going nuts and lodging protests left, right and centre.

D: holy crap.

It's more nuanced than it sounds.
    "Declarations that the consumer has read and/or understood the agreement give rise to special concerns. The Regulations implement an EU Directive saying that terms must be clear and intelligible and that consumers must have a proper opportunity to read all of them," said the guidance. "Including a declaration of this kind effectively requires consumers to say these conditions have been met, whether they have or not. This tends to defeat the purpose of the Directive, and as such is open to serious objection.
    "In practice consumers often do not read, and rarely understand fully, any but the shortest and simplest contracts. It might be better if they tried to do so, but that does not justify requiring them to say they have done so whether they have or not. The purpose of declarations of this kind is clearly to bind consumers to wording regardless of whether they have any real awareness of it. Such statements are thus open to the same objections as provisions binding consumers to terms they have not seen at all."
    "A consumer may, for example, complain about a particular contract term, claiming that it is unfair. The firm should then investigate the consumer’s complaint and decide whether or not the term is unfair, and if so take appropriate action to deal with any detriment suffered by the consumer.

It basically means that companies don't get to use "well, you agreed to it" as an absolute defence, because a contract can still be unfair and thus breach regulations. It also removes the defence that contract terms cannot be considered unfair because the customer said they'd read it, understood it, and agreed to it. Part of it is that consumers are not necessarily in a position to judge their own understanding.

japan on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just finished the memorial - now to the cemetery for the internment.

One step at a time. <3

Passerbye on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    o_O

I actually loathe the name Steve. How did you know I hate the name Steve?

You know I accurately guessed a womans middle name earlier. Maybe I'm the worst psychic ever.

just don't use your powers for evil

just sleeping with fancy ladies and earning lots of money gambling

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Gooey wrote: »

Yeah, I didn't mind Smith as Hancock the movie just was kind of meh. An interesting concept, that being a super hero that people actually don't want. It would be more interesting if he was fighting super villains and not just Jason Bateman's careers refusal to fucking die! SCREW YOUR SISTER LEAVE US ALONE BATEMAN!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    what adventure

Not eligible.

stone cold

stone-cold-steve-austin.jpg

What?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Doc wrote: »
    I moved to another country for a job. It turns out, the job (while suitably high-paying) doesn't really advance my career at all, and my work visa is tied to it. If I quit, I lose my visa. Suffice to say, I don't like my job at all. I have lots of job prospects in my old city, though.

Even outside of work, I don't like it here very much. I left behind my friends and family behind when I moved, and while I've made some friends here, I don't have anyone really close.

Basically, I see no positives in my life right now that couldn't be improved upon by moving back, and no negatives that couldn't be solved in the same way.

Fuck. This. Shit. I'm not one to run away from my problems, but why the fuck not?

/livejournal

I don't think it counts as running away to try something, decide you don't like it, and try something else

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    PASSER

why did i surprise you?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    what adventure

Not eligible.

stone cold

stone-cold-steve-austin.jpg

What?

hhhhwwwhhhaattt
    lil-jon.jpg

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Yeah, I didn't mind Smith as Hancock the movie just was kind of meh. An interesting concept, that being a super hero that people actually don't want. It would be more interesting if he was fighting super villains and not just Jason Bateman's careers refusal to fucking die! SCREW YOUR SISTER LEAVE US ALONE BATEMAN!

yeah the movie had a great buildup but when it was like OH MAN MAI WAIFU JUST HAPPENS TO ALSO BE A SUPER HERO i got bored

Arch on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    o_O

I actually loathe the name Steve. How did you know I hate the name Steve?

You know I accurately guessed a womans middle name earlier. Maybe I'm the worst psychic ever.

just don't use your powers for evil

just sleeping with fancy ladies and earning lots of money gambling

My powers are useless though, I'm like the chris walken skit from SNL.

"Dave you're going to spill your coffee later."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna play Stone Soup.

I always hit a wall around the Orc Mines

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    btw Arch the Sludge Elf Wizard just showed up in the dungeon because short jokes are not cool :(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    PASSER

why did i surprise you?

I wasn't expecting anyone of the [chat] crowd to comment on the hadith I posted.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

yeah the movie had a great buildup but when it was like OH MAN MAI WAIFU JUST HAPPENS TO ALSO BE A SUPER HERO i got bored

Basically, it was one of those. Right thats like really dumb because she would know he's in town and would have avoided him anyway...

Plus no way that Jason Bateman could have premium Tail like Charlize Theron.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    btw Arch the Sludge Elf Wizard just showed up in the dungeon because short jokes are not cool :(

wait so short jokes are not okay but calling me a dirty hippy is?

Arch on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think I want to bike across America.

Kagera on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't know if the mail in rebate thing is permitted in the UK.

I've never seen a UK retailer attempt it.

I am happy about this, it sounds like pure evil.

There are fits of apoplexy across the financial services sector at the moment because the FSA recently ruled that companies are not allowed to use "I have read and understood the terms and conditions" checkboxes as an excuse to reject complaints about unfair contracts.

All the companies at the slightly shady end of the spectrum are going nuts and lodging protests left, right and centre.

D: holy crap.

It's more nuanced than it sounds.
    "Declarations that the consumer has read and/or understood the agreement give rise to special concerns. The Regulations implement an EU Directive saying that terms must be clear and intelligible and that consumers must have a proper opportunity to read all of them," said the guidance. "Including a declaration of this kind effectively requires consumers to say these conditions have been met, whether they have or not. This tends to defeat the purpose of the Directive, and as such is open to serious objection.
    "In practice consumers often do not read, and rarely understand fully, any but the shortest and simplest contracts. It might be better if they tried to do so, but that does not justify requiring them to say they have done so whether they have or not. The purpose of declarations of this kind is clearly to bind consumers to wording regardless of whether they have any real awareness of it. Such statements are thus open to the same objections as provisions binding consumers to terms they have not seen at all."
    "A consumer may, for example, complain about a particular contract term, claiming that it is unfair. The firm should then investigate the consumer’s complaint and decide whether or not the term is unfair, and if so take appropriate action to deal with any detriment suffered by the consumer.

It basically means that companies don't get to use "well, you agreed to it" as an absolute defence, because a contract can still be unfair and thus breach regulations. It also removes the defence that contract terms cannot be considered unfair because the customer said they'd read it, understood it, and agreed to it. Part of it is that consumers are not necessarily in a position to judge their own understanding.

I know in the UK you're not actually expected to read stupidly long contracts or EULAs or any of those internet contracts so if a company starts bitching about some detail in them and say you signed it so you agreed to it you can quite easily contest it and they get owned.

It's been fun having a law student flatmate for the past year.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Great another homeless person.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2010

i think theres needs to be a distinction made between homeless, and hobo/transient
    for all you know that boxcar may be his home

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010

All showing up in your town, stinking up your diners.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    PASSER

why did i surprise you?

I wasn't expecting anyone of the [chat] crowd to comment on the hadith I posted.

oh. yeah.

some part of me is a good person that likes good people who say/do good things.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Just copy Mark Beaumont's equipment list and set off.

japan on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hobos live on trains they aren't homelss!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Vuvuzela: The Gathering

pic746995_md.jpg

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Passerbye on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My powers are useless though, I'm like the chris walken skit from SNL.

"Dave you're going to spill your coffee later."

Leitner on
This discussion has been closed.