As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Formatting the size of a Word document

StudioZELStudioZEL ConnecticutRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
A question for you advanced Microsoft Word users.

I'm currently in the process of writing a short novel. I'm currently about 110 pages into the text, but this is counting on pages that are 7.5X10. I was wondering if there was a way to create a word document whose pages are 5X7.5 to see how many pages the text would take up in it's approximate printed size?

Thanks for any help.

StudioZEL on

• Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Set your margins to 5x7.5 inches. Should be under formatting.

This will kill your page breaks though, leaving you with a bunch of short pages and bad breaks. But it will still give you a general idea.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Negative! Don't simply change the margins. Go into File/Page Setup and change the paper size 5" X 7.5" (probably under the paper tab; I don't remember if this differs depending the version of Word). Then set the margins to the desired size. If you only set the margins to 5x7.5, it would fill an entire 5x7.5 page without leaving margins realistically, so you would not have an accurate feel for the actual size and layout.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    StudioZELStudioZEL ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thanks. File/Page Setup gave me exactly what I was looking for! ^_^ Thanks again!

StudioZEL on