As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Deader than the Tomb Kings.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    While I was playing I often wished Phoenix were bugged.
    Hated it so much.

Glal on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Some of the scenarios were simply designed to punish the people who actually played them.

At least that's what it felt like.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There ARE Tier 4 dungeons you can run to get equipment that's somewhat equal to the higher RR stuff. So there are some options for variety.

Order Badlands had a community driven event last night in T3, we took just about everything and went to T4 Thunder Mountain to take a keep, destro hit up the keep we had there so we veered over to defend that one and wiped out 1-2 destro wb's from behind with just T3 dudes, and maybe some 40's sprinkled in. I heard there was only about a party of 40's defending. After we got the defense tic there we rode over to the other keep and took that which was reporting as a medium defense from destro and claimed and ranked up to 4. Destro even tried to come around the side of the inner keep and kill us from behind be luckily we saw them in time and stonewalled them on their own chockepoint in the door while the rank 40 group killed the king up top. Then we died/flew back to Talabecland and locked that zone. The ride from Altdorf to Thunder Mountain was pretty spectacular though, gotta say. LOTS of gryphons and dudes riding hard.

Somewhat curious, I'm Destro on Badlands but wondering if I should switch before I get too high. Tier 1 tends to vary, at times we crush Order and other times we're pushed to our war camp even with equal numbers. Not sure how it is in higher tiers.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    While I was playing I often wished Phoenix were bugged.
    Hated it so much.

I definitely don't like it in T1 due to how hard those turret things hit you.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • VideotapeVideotape Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I'm on Badlands for destro, but what's a good server for order? What are most people playing order on?

Videotape on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oats wrote: »
    I am finding playing a tank to be immensely more satisfying than MDPS.

Even when I'm not at the top end of a tier I can contribute and harass things meaningfully.

Plus I love the feeling you get when you just know the person on the other side of your monitor actually hates you and will charge at you mindlessly out of rage.

I loved pissing off people so much they charged me right at the start. It showed I'd pissed them off enough times that they'd stopped thinking. I can imagine someone on the other side going "Please guys, for gods sake, stop charging the chosen!"

And them all going "STFU NOOB KILL MOKU!"

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I love doing that on my blork. Hey guys this blork has killed our healer 3 times! Get him! Then they beat on me while I get healed and my dps takes them out. I laugh at their corpses, they do it again. Its like a never ending door of awesome.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Videotape wrote: »
    So I'm on Badlands for destro, but what's a good server for order? What are most people playing order on?

Badlands. :mrgreen:

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    welp i signed up for my ten days but i can't find my war cd. downloading 9gb is gonna take a while.

if anyone sees "Mokushiroku" or the rather shorter name "Mokudok" sometime (probably tomorrow unless this download hurry's the hell up) that's me. On Iron Rock.

Mokudok is still only 36, please don't hurt him too much.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    welp i signed up for my ten days but i can't find my war cd. downloading 9gb is gonna take a while.

if anyone sees "Mokushiroku" or the rather shorter name "Mokudok" sometime (probably tomorrow unless this download hurry's the hell up) that's me. On Iron Rock.

Mokudok is still only 36, please kill him forever.

Will do.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • VideotapeVideotape Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    PMAvers wrote: »

I just deleted my 18 SH and started him over on Volkmar, I hadn't played in so long I was lost. :P

I guess I'll roll a IB on Badlands next.

Videotape on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Man, to hell with trying to do a Green spec. At least for now?

It feels like I trade healing for meh damage and more risk of being killed. All that and I have to juggle two targets (something to heal and something to leech health from). Harder to play, riskier and no real reward.

Are DoKs/WPs viable or is their gameplay still comprised of sitting in the back and alternating between group heal and move-that-recovers-your-resource-needed-to-spam-more-group-heal?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited June 2010
    Dac wrote: »

Will do.

excellent

Morninglord on
    edited June 2010
    PMAvers wrote: »

I just deleted my 18 SH and started him over on Volkmar, I hadn't played in so long I was lost. :P

I guess I'll roll a IB on Badlands next.

NOOOOOOO

D:

I had hoped I'd have a Badlands Destro buddy...

Arthil on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dac wrote: »

Will do.

Transporter on
    edited June 2010
    Also hit 40 on my White Lion yesterday, and I hit a year play time a week ago. So, lets see, on Iron Rock...

Level 8 Engineer.
    Level 10 Slayer.
    Level 10 Archmage.
    Level 14 Bright Wizard.
    Level 19 Swordsmaster.
    Level 22 Shadow Warrior.
    Level 31 Witch Hunter.
    Level 32 Warrior Priest.
    Level 40 White Lion.
    Level 40 Knight of the Blazing Sun.

And that's not counting my six destro toons.

A whore for this game I am.

Also, Morninglord, Iron Rock is going through an Order phase, so there might be a couple of shits being pushed in. Although thanks to last night it looks like destro might be waking up finally. Well, at least the badass guilds are. We were one zone away from IC and got repelled when our "beloved" zerg leader decided to freenown in a zone that didn't matter instead of fight.

So if you see Aystages around(you will) feel free to punt him in the face.

Transporter on
    edited June 2010
    Have they made Fetch worthwhile yet? Or replaced it with another "congrats, you're 40!" power that's not complete pants?

Glal on
  • HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If anyone on gorfang sees any characters named Ogdren, Ogrimn, or Ogrind - Be sure to say hi if you're on a destruction toon, it's me.

If you're an order player, send a sword my way i guess?

Hullabaloo on
    Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Made 3 alt accounts just to get my main the griffon.

Made Slayer/Engineer/Bright Wizard alts. Not sure if im going to keep the slayer/engineer though.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hullabaloo wrote: »
    If anyone on gorfang sees any characters named Ogdren, Ogrimn, or Ogrind - Be sure to say hi if you're on a destruction toon, it's me.

If you're an order player, send a sword my way i guess?

I play Order on Gorfang so I'll be sure to swing my hammer your way should I run into you. (I'm only in T3 though, but I gained like 3 Ranks in Gunbad last night. Place is awesome.)

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited June 2010
    Also hit 40 on my White Lion yesterday, and I hit a year play time a week ago. So, lets see, on Iron Rock...

Level 8 Engineer.
    Level 10 Slayer.
    Level 10 Archmage.
    Level 14 Bright Wizard.
    Level 19 Swordsmaster.
    Level 22 Shadow Warrior.
    Level 31 Witch Hunter.
    Level 32 Warrior Priest.
    Level 40 White Lion.
    Level 40 Knight of the Blazing Sun.

And that's not counting my six destro toons.

A whore for this game I am.

Also, Morninglord, Iron Rock is going through an Order phase, so there might be a couple of shits being pushed in. Although thanks to last night it looks like destro might be waking up finally. Well, at least the badass guilds are. We were one zone away from IC and got repelled when our "beloved" zerg leader decided to freenown in a zone that didn't matter instead of fight.

So if you see Aystages around(you will) feel free to punt him in the face.

class?

Mokushiroku (moku to his friends) is the chosen and Mokudok is the well I'll let you guess that one given that it's not very hard.

I left my patcher running all fucking night, it's been nearly 19 hours and it's still on 77%. Mind you I'm dl the whole thing because I lost my WAr cd but still jesus. For some reason it wouldn't let me stream.

Morninglord on
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Got R40 on my KotBS today. Now the long march to RR80 <.<

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My 10 days ran out. Now I am sad.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is there a difference between the friend-invite and the endless trial? I assume with an invite you can go beyond lvl 10 and all?

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    10 is like the full game, get as far as you can in those 10 days after that you need to sub up. The unlimited trial only ever lets you get to lvl 10.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited June 2010
    And if anyone wants to return/give the game a try feel free to give me your email and I'll toss you a good trial.

Arthil on
    edited June 2010
    I managed to get on and jump into battle with schism on my dok. Took me a while to remember what, you know, all those rpg numbers and shit mean. Stupid numbers all getting in the way of smashing mans.

Being bolstered to 40 is fantastic. I went heal spec on the dok, but one of the better doks on the server is in our guild and told me that keeping some dps gear around and just going with that while still being heal spec is fine for when you don't have a group to heal. You'll definitely be able to hold your own. Which is basically what I thought you'd be able to do in the first place, so it's nice that my theory was right in practise.

Working on getting my rr up atm, not too bothered by exp, it'll happen as we kill mans.

Game is great fun.

Morninglord on
    edited June 2010
    Not sure if it was bullshit or not, but I'd heard they were allowing you to make both Order and Destruction characters on the same server eventually.

Arthil on
    edited June 2010
    This is true and planned for 1.3.6.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited June 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    This is true and planned for 1.3.6.

It was planned, however, due to extreme bitching on both sides, it's been put on the back burner.

Mourninglord: Astyges is a Knight of the Blazing Sun, with his armor dyed enchanted blue.

So he's pretty easy to spot :3.

Also I happend upon my sister's old account and LO AND BEHOLD, she has some destro character's on Iron rock. So, I might pop in to say hi every once in awhile :3.

Transporter on
    edited June 2010
    I got a bit of playing in last night. Got my magus up to 24, first doing 22-23 with a couple of guys doing pqs and made about 3 gold and the second half of 23-24 doing quest for some more gold. I need to catch up my rr now since it is 21 almost 22 and I want it up to 24 so I can start wearing my new shiny set armor. I also respec my magus from the long range to the medium range stuff mostly because perils sucks and seed of corruption clone is very useful plus I live of pandemonium in keep sieges for damage on groups and it reticking 50% of the time is really nice. I do kind of want to try the close range stuff but I am waiting till pretty much I get vortex.

Also just sat and ground out my last 15% on my blork killing lizards and getting crafting supplies which gave me about 4 more gold. He was maxed in rr anyways. Just need to get him up rr13 now.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • PhosPhos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    WAR Europe Announcement
    Today we announce that GOA will cease publishing, operating and subscription services for Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® (WAR) in Europe and transition the operation of the game to Mythic Entertainment.

We have enjoyed a lot of great times with you. Over the past couple of years we have fostered a fantastically vibrant and active community; we saw the world’s first Tchar’Zanek and Karl Franz kills pre 1.3.5 and hosted undeniably some of the most professional guilds to ever play WAR.

Over the next few weeks we will be working very closely with the Mythic Team to ensure you all get settled as smoothly as possible. We wish to assure you that all characters, guilds and account information will be migrated to Mythic servers and will be available to present and past players.

We will share more information on next steps, together with a FAQ, in the coming days.

Guess there will be a influx of players... kind of curious to see how this all plays out.

Phos on
    edited June 2010
    More meat for the killing?

Arthil on
    edited June 2010
    I see this as a really good thing. Both boosts the population of the servers and some of the best people I have ever met in Mythic games were from Europe.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited June 2010
    I've heard nothing but bad things about GOA, so this has to be a good thing.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited June 2010
    Damn straight, come my Euro brothers and sisters! Kick ass with us!

Arthil on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thank fuck for no more GOA, they're terrible.

815165 on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wait, does this mean the US and EU servers will be merged?

Hell yea!

GOAs service has always been... so-so. They helped me out with an issue in DAoC once and seemed rather competent about it but I've heard from many people that they are incompetent fools.

Though they have nothing on Sony when it comes to customer service. Indian techies replying in broken English, oh hell. D:

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    Thank fuck for no more GOA, they're terrible.

Panda4You on
    edited June 2010
    "Hey guys, I helped storm a Fort and won a bag, but because you had the chest disappear after what feels like 5 seconds and because my respawn timed out and I was jogging back I couldn't get my stuff. Could you recover it for me please?"
    "We no longer do that. Can't be bothered. Please turn 50 more Forts until you get lucky again."
    "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"

Glal on