As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[INTERNET DATING] Adventure Time!

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    After three dates, you've got to know if you want to kiss someone or not.

but kissing is gross

just get some cootie shots first

you'll be fine

Joolander on
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    o o . .

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I usually consider the date to not have gone as well as i had hoped if i don't seal it with a kiss.

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, you'll all be happy to know we had our first kiss.

And I didn't cry.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Richy wrote: »
    Well, you'll all be happy to know we had our first kiss.

And I didn't cry.

You sucked it in and bit your lip like a man, ehh?

Good job, boy-oh

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    retrovm wrote: »
    After three dates, you've got to know if you want to kiss someone or not.

thisssssss

MALKOR'S GUIDE TO THE AWKWARD FIRST KISS:

A) Beforehand place a semi-important object on the table next to the sofa.

1 - Look into her eyes.

2- Move in for the kiss.

If she pulls away-
    2a) Reach for semi-important object then say, "mumble mumble mumble"
    *Don't CRY*
    If she kisses you-
    2b) Step 3!

3) SUCCESS. *Don't CRY*

4) go in for kiss #2.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • FeatherBladeFeatherBlade Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Spacemilk wrote: »
    ROBMAN'S GUIDE TO FIRST KISSES (as interpreted by Spacemilk)

(1) Walk her to her door
    (2) Look deep into her eyes
    (2a) Take her hand while you're at it
    (3) Lean in
    (3a) Slower
    (3b) Like you mean it
    (4) PLANT THAT SUCKER RIGHT ON HER KISSER
    (5) Pull back slowly
    (6) Look even deeper into her eyes
    (7) Open your mouth
    (7b) LET ANYTHING COME OUT!

:D :winky:

btw Malkor, yours is HILARIOUS

well, see you guys after the lock!

Call me crazy, but couldn't you just... I dunno... ask? Or does that give the girl too much of a chance to say "no"?

FeatherBlade on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Awwwwkward

Improvolone on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Awwwwkward

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • PerpetualPerpetual Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Don't ever ask a girl if you can kiss them.

Or if you can put it in.

Perpetual on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Spacemilk wrote: »
    ROBMAN'S GUIDE TO FIRST KISSES (as interpreted by Spacemilk)

(1) Walk her to her door
    (2) Look deep into her eyes
    (2a) Take her hand while you're at it
    (3) Lean in
    (3a) Slower
    (3b) Like you mean it
    (4) PLANT THAT SUCKER RIGHT ON HER KISSER
    (5) Pull back slowly
    (6) Look even deeper into her eyes
    (7) Open your mouth
    (7b) LET ANYTHING COME OUT!

:D :winky:

btw Malkor, yours is HILARIOUS

well, see you guys after the lock!

Call me crazy, but couldn't you just... I dunno... ask? Or does that give the girl too much of a chance to say "no"?

Asking is about as romantic as bureaucracy.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You definitely do not ask a girl if you can kiss her. People do like some excitement in their lives. If she's not into it, you just stop.

As punishment, you have to go watch the kiss between Han and Leia in Empire Strikes Back 10 times.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Raslin wrote: »
    Awwwwkward

"I would like to kiss you, on the lips. With my lips. If that's what you're into?"

Mercutio87 on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "No I won't kiss you. Even though you need kissing, and often. And by someone who knows how."

Jars on
    edited June 2010
    My friend has been with an OKC guy for a month+ now. He just dropped a bomb on her last night.
    He has herpes.
    Both kinds.

Improvolone on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mercutio87 wrote: »
    Awwwwkward

"I would like to kiss you, on the lips. With my lips. If that's what you're into?"
    Bret:
    If you want me to
    I could hang round with you
    If I only knew
    Thats what you're into

Jemaine:
    You and him
    Him and you
    If thats what you're into
    Him hangin round, around you
    You're hanging round, ya you're there too

Bret:
    And if you want me to
    I will take off all my clothes for you
    I'll take off all my clothes for you

Jemaine:
    How 'bout him in the nude
    In the nude in front of you
    Is that what you'd wanna view

Bret:
    If it's cool with you
    I'll let you get naked too
    It could be a dream come true
    providing that's what you are into

Jemaine:
    Is that what you're into
    him and you in the nude
    That's what he's prepared to do
    Is that the kinda thing that you think you might be into

Bret:
    And then maybe later
    we'll get hot by the refridgerator
    In the kitchen next to the pantry
    You think that might be what you fancy

Jemaine:
    In the buff being rude
    Doin stuff with the food
    Getting lewd with his food
    We heard that's what you are into

Bret:
    And then on our next date
    Well you could bring your roommate
    I dont know if Stu is keen too
    But if you want we could double team you

Jemaine:
    How bout you and two dudes
    Him, you and Stu in the nude
    Bein' lewd with two dudes with food
    Well thats if Stu's into it too

Bret:
    All the things I'd Do
    Things I'd do for you
    If I only knew thats what your into.

Jragghen on
    edited June 2010
    My friend has been with an OKC guy for a month+ now. He just dropped a bomb on her last night.
    He has herpes.
    Both kinds.

Did... did they kiss? Or have sex?

Perpetual on
    edited June 2010
    Perpetual wrote: »
    He has herpes.
    Both kinds.

They've been having sex quite regularly. He has had it for years and only tells women when he is getting serious about the relationship. That's why he always uses protection. But that's okay, he hasn't had an outbreak in over a year!

What an asshole.

Improvolone on
    edited June 2010
    You guys are very kind for not calling me crazy.

I realize that it's not "romantic", but... people are raised with different expectations and notions of proper behavior, and you can never be sure what expectations they were raised with unless you a) were raised with them, or b) ask.

And if you do something that is within the norm in which you were raised, but is outside the norm for them, it seems like that might cause problems. Like, no-future-in-the-relationship-type problems.

No one else thinks that maybe asking, rather than just moving in for the kill, shows respect for the other person?

FeatherBlade on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    He has herpes.
    Both kinds.

They've been having sex quite regularly. He has had it for years and only tells women when he is getting serious about the relationship. That's why he always uses protection. But that's okay, he hasn't had an outbreak in over a year!

What an asshole.

Err... aren't condoms pretty useless against herpes? And does he use protection in the mouth too? lol

Stuff like this should be grounds for a lawsuit.

Perpetual on
    edited June 2010

I realize that it's not "romantic", but... people are raised with different expectations and notions of proper behavior, and you can never be sure what expectations they were raised with unless you a) were raised with them, or b) ask.

And if you do something that is within the norm in which you were raised, but is outside the norm for them, it seems like that might cause problems. Like, no-future-in-the-relationship-type problems.

No one else thinks that maybe asking, rather than just moving in for the kill, shows respect for the other person?

I'd be seriously weirded out by it thinking the other person has no confidence and worse yet, that I'm someone they need to ask permission of (as if I'm better than they are).
    I like dating equals.

Improvolone on
    edited June 2010

Women often make it quite obvious that they want to be kissed. You need to learn to read the signs, and stop being so scared of being turned down when you go in for a kiss. Yeah, it happens, and sometimes it can be a mood-killer, but nowhere as much as asking if it is okay to kiss them.

Perpetual on
    edited June 2010

I'd be seriously weirded out by it thinking the other person has no confidence and worse yet, that I'm someone they need to ask permission of (as if I'm better than they are).
    I like dating equals.

Besides, if you really need to ASK, theres no way in hell she was going to kiss you anyways.

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    He has herpes.
    Both kinds.

What an asshole.

Err... aren't condoms pretty useless against herpes? And does he use protection in the mouth too? lol

Stuff like this should be grounds for a lawsuit.

Pretty much, yeah. Which is why Improvolone rightfully called him an asshole.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2010
    Apolloh wrote: »

I like dating equals.

Besides, if you really need to ASK, theres no way in hell she was going to kiss you anyways.

*snerk* Sorry, I'm asking because I'm female, and the last guy I dated asked, which I thought was rather sweet. I just wanted to know how common that behavior was.

FeatherBlade on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Would you be offended if he didn't ask?

Improvolone on
    edited June 2010

I like dating equals.

*snerk* Sorry, I'm asking because I'm female, and the last guy I dated asked, which I thought was rather sweet. I just wanted to know how common that behavior was.

Gender roles. Females are the gatekeepers of sex, therefore men should ask for permission.

Perpetual on
    edited June 2010
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo

Improvolone on
    edited June 2010

's a good question. I think I might be a bit irritated. *shrugs*

Gender roles. Females are the gatekeepers of sex, therefore men should ask for permission.

Isn't that what the rabid feminists are always telling us? That a women owns all right to her own body? :lol:

FeatherBlade on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010

How is a guy supposed to know that ahead of time? Your preference is, in my experience and understanding, not common.

Improvolone on
    edited June 2010

I like dating equals.

Noooooot common at all really.

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
    edited June 2010

How is a guy supposed to know that ahead of time? Your preference is, in my experience and understanding, not common.

Umm... I think he's supposed to know by asking. QED :lol:

Yay! I'm weird!

FeatherBlade on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Holy fuck

Someone else make a new OP, I'm tired and sore and oh god I close my eyes and see reaction pathways fuck you in the fucking asshole MCATs

On the plus side hung out with some cool cat of a girl I definitely want to be friends with, hopefully she's cool with that idea. Also getting so fucking tired of women messaging me asking me about my master's topic. Like fuck it's impressive and all but I don't jerk off to the idea of stopping pregnancy-related heart failure, do you want me to message you asking you about your favorite excel macro? Goddamn.

That cool cat also agreed and got a huge laugh out of the "he's so nice/she's so fun" thing. Sometimes I meet someone who can keep up, and doesn't mind my seizing on details. I really wish two pints dulled me a bit instead of just making me more talkative.

Robman on
    edited June 2010

Yay! I'm weird!

Asking if he is supposed to ask if he can kiss you is pure silly. Weird is one thing, this is asinine. You are setting men up for failure if you expect that and then you will be mad at something that is very much not his fault. Why don't you tell men, "hey, ask me before you kiss me"?

Improvolone on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Don't ask for a kiss, come on. Go for it, and if she dodges then no big deal. Plenty of other women out there.

I mean yes you should be yourself etc. but men are just the instigators of the first kiss. It's you expressing a keen interest in her, and she'll let you know if it's returned*

*unless she later texts you saying she's not falling in love with you, in which case you get to celebrate dodging another bullet

Robman on
    edited June 2010

Yay! I'm weird!

Asking if he is supposed to ask if he can kiss you is pure silly. Weird is one thing, this is asinine. You are setting men up for failure if you expect that and then you will be mad at something that is very much not his fault. Why don't you tell men, "hey, ask me before you kiss me"?

Che... I'm not that unreasonable. And if he kissed me without asking, yeah, I would say exactly that to him.

Fuuu.... see, I don't understand the rules by which dating works, therefore I think it better to ask about things. I'm not going to assume that he knows how I was raised, and I'm not going to get all pissy at him for not knowing. Blaming men for stuff they can't possibly know is asinine and I don't do that.

Sheesh.

Whatever. I'll just sit here and be a statistical outlier.

FeatherBlade on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    So after the first kiss is when you tell him he needs to ask you if he can kiss you? After how many kisses does he get to stop doing that?

...how old are you?

Improvolone on
  • Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Mercutio87 wrote: »
    Awwwwkward

Bret:
    If you want me to
    I could hang round with you
    If I only knew
    Thats what you're into

Jemaine:
    You and him
    Him and you
    Him hangin round, around you
    You're hanging round, ya you're there too

Bret:
    And if you want me to
    I will take off all my clothes for you
    I'll take off all my clothes for you

Jemaine:
    How 'bout him in the nude
    In the nude in front of you
    Is that what you'd wanna view

Bret:
    If it's cool with you
    I'll let you get naked too
    It could be a dream come true
    providing that's what you are into

Jemaine:
    Is that what you're into
    him and you in the nude
    That's what he's prepared to do
    Is that the kinda thing that you think you might be into

Bret:
    And then maybe later
    we'll get hot by the refridgerator
    In the kitchen next to the pantry
    You think that might be what you fancy

Jemaine:
    In the buff being rude
    Doin stuff with the food
    Getting lewd with his food
    We heard that's what you are into

Bret:
    And then on our next date
    Well you could bring your roommate
    I dont know if Stu is keen too
    But if you want we could double team you

Jemaine:
    How bout you and two dudes
    Him, you and Stu in the nude
    Bein' lewd with two dudes with food
    Well thats if Stu's into it too

Bret:
    All the things I'd Do
    Things I'd do for you
    If I only knew thats what your into.

Entire thread's collective nightmare:
    00000150.gif

And by nightmare I mean this is almost a perfect flashback of my first crush/puppy love/middle school "date"

Mercutio87 on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    FeatherBlade and I apparently are opposite sides of the same coin. My last girlfriend I asked if I could kiss her. Granted this was on our first date. Granted she invited me over to watch a movie. Guess I should have picked up on what was going on.

I picked up pretty quickly after that.

Yay introversion!

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I asked my wife before I initiated my lame hug and she thought it was sweet (and gay), and she thought it was sweet that we talked about it briefly before we did more on the next date.

But I married her so I don't know how other females would respond in my particular case. I'd like to think that I'd be able to talk to a girl about physical activities before we actually partake in physical activities, because I like being able to communicate with someone verbally prior to doing so physically. In other words, I'd find it much more of a turn-on to talk about sex with a girl during a date than simply assume we're going to get naked later on without saying anything about it.

I mean if a hot girl wanted to have surprise sex with [single] me I wouldn't necessarily complain, but I liked the idea of creating a relationship with a person rather than just dating someone casually. It was more interesting to me :D

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast