As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-phalla] Cyberpunk - The Posthuman Order wins!

• Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hm. Post Human victory... This calls for....

You know you want it

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Blagh. I have to admit I didn't have fun. As an infiltrator who had two people he was able to get really talk to and plan with (Anonymous and Kay), one died day one and the other was secret mafia using me the entire freaking game. I couldn't talk with PostDyne too much because I knew we had Infiltrators, Arivia was barely even paying attention, and jdarksuns work schedule meant he was out for 90% of the time I was around.

Just an awful, unfun situation to be in. Maybe my luck will be less atrocious next time :?

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited June 2010
    I never trusted Ringo, but Teucrian vouched for him and he was the leader who knew who our contacts were.

I'm not so sure I'd say we got played by the mafia. We were inherently divided as a village and the mafia was not only better connected, they were individually more powerful and more numerous. Good game, but I think it would have been great without the mafia, or at least a scaled back mafia.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Were they more powerful? I have no idea what their abilities (if any) were.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mafia members got an extra perk and a free augmentation. So yeah, they were more powerful.

Having five Corporations with six members each might have helped balance (in addition to removing either the extra perk or aug), but the village as a whole really did get played. On most days there were bandwagons on mafia members that got derailed, and a mafia member only died when the Infidel AI faction came into play.

Burnage on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    haha, i was the worst

i just kept sleeping through order sendins

and then waking up at like midnight oh five brits time

sorry burn

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    An extra perk and a free aug is pretty huge, yes. Did they also get corporate bonuses?

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    An extra perk and a free aug is pretty huge, yes. Did they also get corporate bonuses?

They did.

Burnage on
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, if a mafia member had died in the crossfire early on it would have changed the equation entirely. But they were in a good situation to prevent that, since they had infiltrated most every network, including the super secret spy ones.

Phyphor, Duna, and I were in a situation where we were masoned without mafia. If any of us had attacking abilities we might have been able to take care of Kay (who was a target of ours anyway) without Ringo knowing about it. But that wasn't the way the perks came down.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Have to say I'm not a big fan of "informed minority that can trust each other implicitly" + power bonuses over a group of paranoid people who have to kill each other.

Egos on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just didn't realize counterattacks happened preemptively and also prevented the initial attack. Or did someone stun-prod me first? ...They must have, because 120 shouldn't have taken me down.

Some sort of shenanigans occurred.

Anyway, I played badly? I guess the mafia was stronger, infinitely better-organized, and knew they existed, which were three distinct advantages. A secret mafia that large in a faction game is unbalanced. It balances better when they become less-secret, but they never did.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    An extra perk, a free aug, and corp bonuses is pretty huge. The power builds I could make with that...

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The initial build was locked after the player was informed they were a member of the mafia, so they couldn't develop their entire build based around having four perks and an augmentation to play with.

One mechanic that I nearly included - and might have helped - was Corporate mergers. Two village factions would have been able to permanently ally themselves with each other. The only reason I didn't include it was because I couldn't quite figure out who should make the decision (one "leader" in each Corp? democratic vote?).

Burnage on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Indeed, I would argue that while this is Burnage Phalla, the village REALLY got it in the shorts.

Never mind the fact that the village factions were already compromised (which would have made for an interesting faction game), two anti-village groups popped up, essentially killing any and all assistance from your corp members due to the fact that 2/5 of them were probably going to want to kill you, not to mention the spies within the corps.

It was a cool idea, and while the mafia gets props for playing well, I just think the cards were too stacked against the village.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I managed to res 3 people before finally hitting the grave. I would of done better if I didn't talk about resing people so much though.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The thing is, there was ultimately no "village." There were no factions, either. Everyone wanted you dead. Some people wanted you twice as dead, secretly. Some people wanted you three times as dead, and were given the power to do so.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Burnage, would you mind posting what happened on the final day? :)

Capfalcon died to the vote. If he hadn't, he would have used Last Drive, Sky Lasered Adventfalls, popped adrenaline, and shot Homing Vlads at Wildcat, Ringo, and The Cow King.
    The Cow King shot a Homing Vlad at Adventfalls.
    simonwolf used a GEP Gun on jdarksun and Ringo.
    Adventfalls shot The Cow King with a Seburo.
    Wildcat used adrenaline, healed Ringo twice, and the Cow King once.
    Ringo used adrenaline and then shot jdarksun, simonwolf and Adventfalls with a Colt.
    jdarksun shot Ringo with a GEP Gun.

Burnage on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    http://beyondhumanityphalla.proboards.com/index.cgi

Mafia boards.

Twas fun except the part were I ran my mouth a bunch around day 1 or 2. Whoops

Oh Burnage, did I destroy Fiaryn's and Teurcians items? That would have been cool :p.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh Burnage, did I destroy Fiaryn's and Teurcians items? That would have been cool :p.

Nope.

The Infidel AI faction came into existence when someone reached the A9 server. The first night someone reached it, all players who reached it that night got converted - in this case, that was REG Rysk, TheLawinator, and Capfalcon.

They gained the following abilities:
    Infinite Money
    Unblockable Kill
    Destroy all a Player's Items

And a new win condition.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    GEE, I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF THE VILLAGE VOTED OUT KAY ON DAY 2 OR 3.....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Burnage wrote: »

Nope.

The Infidel AI faction came into existence when someone reached the A9 server. The first night someone reached it, all players who reached it that night got converted - in this case, that was REG Rysk, TheLawinator, and Capfalcon.

They gained the following abilities:
    Infinite Money
    Unblockable Kill
    Destroy all a Player's Items

And a new win condition.

how exactly did you imagine a 'village' 'faction' winning again?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Guys do you know how much shit I had when you did that? I had three cyberdecks for starters, cause I was buying them for Phyphor and Duna except they had to die all the time. Those backups sure were useful. A sweet ass droid, and a ridiculous number of weapons. I myself have only vague notions of how much shit it was, particularly since I could buy so much stuff for free at that point. I honestly figured it was possible Burnage was just destroying my stuff because it was obnoxious.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited June 2010
    Teucrian wrote: »
    Guys do you know how much shit I had when you did that? I had three cyberdecks for starters, cause I was buying them for Phyphor and Duna except they had to die all the time. Those backups sure were useful. A sweet ass droid, and a ridiculous number of weapons. I myself have only vague notions of how much shit it was, particularly since I could buy so much stuff for free at that point. I honestly figured it was possible Burnage was just destroying my stuff because it was obnoxious.

The worst was that sweet ass droid I bankrolled. That thing was a huge investment to be zapped, just harsh as hell.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Damn it, guys, I just wanted to destroy everyone, starting with the Posthuman order.

But yeah, Burnage Phalla is kinda crazy fun.

Good game and thanks for running it. I enjoyed myself, but I helped the mafia far, far too much to try and turn it around at the last second...

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Damn it, guys, I just wanted to destroy everyone, starting with the Posthuman order.

But yeah, Burnage Phalla is kinda crazy fun.

Good game and thanks for running it. I enjoyed myself, but I helped the mafia far, far too much to try and turn it around at the last second...

mmmmmmmmm homing vlads

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    fullyauto.proboards.com should be open now

Both the resistance and ZA boards

I'll comment on the game when I get home!

We did it Mr Philby!!!!

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    also, the mechanics were excellent and beautiful and the game was really fun.

Thanks for hosting, Burnage!

Lucedes on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The only thing I did of note this game is fed my teammates (well 2/3 were infiltrators) credits and robbed Gumpy while buying stuff from him.

A poor game on my part.

I suppose I can't blame myself for the fact that after day 1 EVERYONE I knew was a traitor of some sort.

But man did I rob Gumpy.

http://dangofamily.proboards.com

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Actually... I did know that you had a large amount of junk. Which is why I did it :)

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Actually... I did know that you had a large amount of junk. Which is why I did it :)

If my stuff hadn't been destroyed and the super weapons hadn't appeared I would have totally given like everyone in the game a railgun or a coil sniper. Arm the people!

Teucrian on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    And yeah, we bought everything every time.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

If my stuff hadn't been destroyed and the super weapons hadn't appeared I would have totally given like everyone in the game a railgun or a coil sniper. Arm the people!

Well, I gave everyone that I wanted armed a Homing Vlad.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Well yes but I didn't know anything about wacky secret mafias and hackers with infinite credits. I was still playing the other game. The one where coil snipers and railguns might be worth something. It was only after all my items were gone that I knew the game wasn't what I thought and that ZA was totally boned. I'm a bit slow.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The key question I still need answered is

If the Infidel AI had infinite credits, what happened if a player stole from them?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The key question I still need answered is

If the Infidel AI had infinite credits, what happened if a player stole from them?

The thief would have received a lot of money.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What could have been

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Well yes but I didn't know anything about wacky secret mafias and hackers with infinite credits. I was still playing the other game. The one where coil snipers and railguns might be worth something. It was only after all my items were gone that I knew the game wasn't what I thought and that ZA was totally boned. I'm a bit slow.

A railgun with the x2 damage perk would have killed me dead. And yall got the free superweapons.

But, I think the biggest thing is that the Posthuman order had the village wrapped around their little finger.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What could have been

Try being the only thief

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What could have been

Given that almost the entire stock was deleted at that point though, you wouldn't have been able to do anything of note with it :P

Fiaryn on