As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[INTERNET DATING] Adventure Time!

1596061626365»

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, here at least, not disclosing you have HIV can get you charged with aggravated assault.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Long discussion is long....

Anyways, knew I came in here for a question. So the nice alternatively minded lady I'm seeing is encouraging me to find other folks to see. As in poly/open relationship wise. She herself actually is currently seeing two other gents besides myself, one of whom I previously knew. In theory, I am perfectly okay with the idea of both of us seeing multiple people. In practice, I've never done poly and am completely running into a mental block with it, after always doing things "one date at a time", the idea of both being in a relationship and at the same time looking for additional relationships is just...weird. Like possibly can't bring myself to do it due to my own moral compass weird. Don't suppose I'm the only one here working with alternative relationships?

Mercutio87 on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Corvus wrote: »
    Yeah, here at least, not disclosing you have HIV can get you charged with aggravated assault.

I thought it was aggravated sexual assualt, but that may just be in SK, or I may misremember. A high-profile case recently in the province was when a Rider got charged a couple years ago.

LaOs on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Now you have AIDS too! You have to stay with me, who else would have you, you'd just give them AIDS!"

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I got a question about what may/may not be wrong with a girl who keeps talking to me. She has a quirk. But I'll ask in the new thread... ...

Or in both: She asks at the end of every message what made me smile that day. It was okay at first, she said the 2nd time she asked 'it should be something different every day' but now it's just an annoying and not endearing thing to ask. Like she's not interesting to actually have a real conversation (which I am very capable of) so she just falls back on that.

Should this not annoy me? Keep in mind, she has asked me maybe 10 times now over the past few months.............. we've hung out once to play nerdy board games at our local game store but it didn't really go anywhere after that, we'll probably hang out again soon if I can not get super annoyed by this.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I got a question about what may/may not be wrong with a girl who keeps talking to me. She has a quirk. But I'll ask in the new thread... ...

Or in both: She asks at the end of every message what made me smile that day. It was okay at first, she said the 2nd time she asked 'it should be something different every day' but now it's just an annoying and not endearing thing to ask. Like she's not interesting to actually have a real conversation (which I am very capable of) so she just falls back on that.

Should this not annoy me? Keep in mind, she has asked me maybe 10 times now over the past few months.............. we've hung out once to play nerdy board games at our local game store but it didn't really go anywhere after that, we'll probably hang out again soon if I can not get super annoyed by this.

Does she include any actually conversation context in her message other than that question? If so, you could start ignoring that question... if not, well, then maybe you're right and she can't really think of other conversation pieces, and that clearly bugs you... so you may just have to move on.

LaOs on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If it annoys you it annoys you. You may want to ASK her about it before you make up your mind about it.

I tend to ask for smiling pictures of my closest (but separated by states and oceans) friends, romantic or otherwise, though not every single time we speak, out of a genuine interest in making sure they know someone wants to know that they are happy. She could just honestly want to encourage happiness.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    PerpetualPerpetual Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

"The way your nose wiggles when you laugh"

She will never ask that question to you again. :)

Perpetual on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

I'd find it annoying.

You could always answer next time with "nothing, someone just ran over my puppy"
    Don't do this. :P

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Seeing you ask the same tired question

again."

LaOs on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010