As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-phalla] Cyberpunk - The Posthuman Order wins!

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    What could have been

Given that almost the entire stock was deleted at that point though, you wouldn't have been able to do anything of note with it :P

Hey, every augment in the game is nothing to sneeze at.

Capfalcon on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What could have been

Try being the only thief

Try being the only non-mafia thief.

(Also you apparently haven't read the second batch of role PMs if you didn't know I was a thief too, in case you passed them by and would like to read them).

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Burnage wrote: »
    Capfalcon died to the vote. If he hadn't, he would have used Last Drive, Sky Lasered Adventfalls, popped adrenaline, and shot Homing Vlads at Wildcat, Ringo, and The Cow King.
    What could have been

R_K, you have no idea how much I agree with that statement

Capfalcon on
    edited June 2010
    So, Burnage. Would the Infidel AI have won if it had killed everyone, even if all of us were dead?

Capfalcon on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Okay so, proboards are actually unlocked this time:

ZenonAuto and Anti Infidel Group are both here: http://fullyauto.proboards.com/index.cgi

The Posthuman Order, if anyone missed it, is here: http://beyondhumanityphalla.proboards.com/index.cgi

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What could have been

Try being the only thief

Try being the only non-mafia thief.

(Also you apparently haven't read the second batch of role PMs if you didn't know I was a thief too, in case you passed them by and would like to read them).

Oooooooooooooh.

Sorry I thought you were only a hacker.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited June 2010
    I never even plugged myself into the aethernet.

Finally to indulge my curiosity further

hackers who made it into A9 later in the game would have also been infidel AI converted, right?

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited June 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Burnage, would you mind posting what happened on the final day? :)

Capfalcon died to the vote. If he hadn't, he would have used Last Drive, Sky Lasered Adventfalls, popped adrenaline, and shot Homing Vlads at Wildcat, Ringo, and The Cow King.
    The Cow King shot a Homing Vlad at Adventfalls.
    simonwolf used a GEP Gun on jdarksun and Ringo.
    Adventfalls shot The Cow King with a Seburo.
    Wildcat used adrenaline, healed Ringo twice, and the Cow King once.
    Ringo used adrenaline and then shot jdarksun, simonwolf and Adventfalls with a Colt.
    jdarksun shot Ringo with a GEP Gun.

The best thing about this is how we all completely ignored Sir Fabulous.

I warned you about letting him be the last man standing, jdark!

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    well done team. im amazed we kept the vote where we wanted it for four days. day 1 we wiped out fiaryn and anon so that kay could snipe freely. then 2 days in a row he was a vote target and managed to move it.

then the next day its ringo on the block.

somehow we pulled through and managed to stay hidden until the infidel came on. question: who vladded me? was it capfalcon spilling to my 'teammate' rysk that i had a secret second action all game?

psolms on
    edited June 2010
    ...Maybe...

Capfalcon on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So, Burnage. Would the Infidel AI have won if it had killed everyone, even if all of us were dead?

Nope, that would have been a draw.
    hackers who made it into A9 later in the game would have also been infidel AI converted, right?

Nope, they would have found an empty server.

Burnage on
    edited June 2010
    and you knew how much regen i had, and that my actions were on heals so i was an open target.

thats what i figured when ringo said you were possessed.

psolms on
    edited June 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »

Nope, that would have been a draw.

But it would have been a glorious draw.

Capfalcon on
    edited June 2010
    CapFalcon, I just want you to know...

...of all three of the people I was "masoned" with on day 2....

....you were the most obvious :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited June 2010
    CapFalcon, I just want you to know...

...of all three of the people I was "masoned" with on day 2....

....you were the most obvious :P

Yeah, wildcat told me.

Which is why you died :)

And both of the wintermute spies thought you were an infiltrator based upon information that a hacker had acquired, so they were just fine with me voting you out.

Capfalcon on
    edited June 2010
    So my thoughts: This game was won or lost on the original builds. The only problem - you didn't actually know who you'd end up being masoned with. The fact that the mafia ended up with Two Double Snipers, Two Double Medics, a Double Hacker, and a Thief was a godsend. I was originally pissed when my ZenonAuto teammates neglected to follow my Double AoE build (seriously guys, NINE 140 DAMAGE ATTACKS ON DAY ONE) because it forced me to go the Double Sniper route in order to maximize my chances of staying alive. Boy was I lucky this happened. If I had been the only AoE build in the entire game, everybody would know who my targets were due to narration, and the mafia would've been much more likely to face exposure.

As for that, yeah we were overpowered in that we knew who you all were, and you didn't know we existed. If the Mafia had ended up with five "friends of the manager" builds, things might have been different though. I am pretty proud of us for not allowing the bandwagon to claim any of us. That was some hard work convincing you to kill yourselves. (the grudge line starts behind jdark and shushnik, guys)

Uhhh... what else? What was the Infidel win condition? Also, I really enjoyed the setting and the mechanics. I'd love to play this mini again, with the addition of the "corporate merger" function. That would have basically been a callback to Redemption, as it would've been up to the village to unite in the face of the hidden aggressor instead of killing each other.

There was some other stuff I thought I was going to say, but that was hours ago and I forgot it. I had a lot of fun, even just on Day Zero. Like I said at signups: I don't want to stop playing!

Thanks Burnage!

Philby+Angleton=Forever We did it!

PS: The Last Drive/Homing Vlad 'Game Ends in a Draw' reveal: Was I merely entertaining myself, or did anyone else get a kick out of that?

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Did Vigint infiltrators ever contact Aegis?

Did Aegis do anything with them?

o_O Weren't you in Vigint? Were you reading my posts on the proboards? I was in contact with them from Day 1 and had figured out the pattern to the thralls around Day 2 once one of our two moles died.

However, I couldn't do anything publicly since I was still trying to weed out the 2nd and last mole in our corp (namely, Kay).

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited June 2010
    Wait wait CapFalcon AND Wildcat were posthuman order?

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Wintermute was screwed from the start.

We did have one less infiltrator but fffff.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited June 2010
    Oh hey Aegis: Grudge info time?

Did you somehow come to the conclusion that I'm the one who doubletapped you?

Because I did!

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Re: Ringo's questioning of my grudging him.

I was receiving information about your targets through my informants about you and your plans on the day I was killed. Given how I died I was completely convinced you just utterly outplayed me and passed along false information (you kept target switching so much) and instead killed me.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited June 2010
    Bwahaha, see.

I knew it.

I just knew it too late :(

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited June 2010
    H^5 Aegis. When I saw that in the main I was all "HOW DID HE KNOW?!"

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think if there's ever a follow up to this mini it needs serious mechanical reworking. Perk value imbalances were vast.

Ultimately, Speed Freak was the game decider.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited June 2010
    I will also say, I was completely wrong about Vigint's second mole. Psolms had me convinced something shifty was going on, but I had no proof. And delving into our networks only confirmed REG_Rysk. So I took the 50/50 gamble and contacted Kay.

I hate the dice :(

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited June 2010
    Ringo wrote: »
    H^5 Aegis. When I saw that in the main I was all "HOW DID HE KNOW?!"

You picked the absolute best time to kill me. If you had waited one more day I'd have been able to survive your double-tap.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited June 2010
    Psolms and Kay were both Posthuman Aegis.

You were screwed from the getgo

t Fiaryn, Yup. Speedfreak was the game, and I marveled at how many people failed to realize this. Though I will say, looking at the build you have constructed on the Macro board - that was a sweet ass idea.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    wait what the hell happened in this game

the factions I was spying in and spying for weren't even real villager factions save for like 1-2 persons?

Alegis on
    edited June 2010
    Wait, they were evil to start?

I thought that only happened later in the game?

Well goddamnit.

Also, I have never been a network contact-man before. It was intimidating as all hell, though having absolutely no chance to succeed kind of deflates me.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited June 2010
    I think the real game was getting quick draw and then buying the quick draw aug to get speed freak for 500 credits.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited June 2010
    Psolms and Kay were both Posthuman Aegis.

You were screwed from the getgo

t Fiaryn, Yup. Speedfreak was the game, and I marveled at how many people failed to realize this. Though I will say, looking at the build you have constructed on the Macro board - that was a sweet ass idea.

If I'd known how incredibly limited items were going to be (shit ran out fast) I would have built myself drastically differently.

Fiaryn on
    edited June 2010
    I think the real game was getting quick draw and then buying the quick draw aug to get speed freak for 500 credits.

Pretty much this. The most powerful build by far would be, I think...

Quick Draw, Sharpshooter, Tough Guy, <Upgraded Tough Guy>.

Get Vision Augmentation and Memetic Reactions (easily done as Mafia), congratulations you now have 200 HP and two attacks per round at triple damage. Get yourself a Coil Sniper and annihilate the entire fucking game.

Fiaryn on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I had a migraine that day and went to sleep early. Copy pasted the first medic build I saw on the boards.

then apparently I was an infiltrator. I cursed. Why do I pick support roles in burnage phallas

edit: supporting mafia factions

Alegis on
    edited June 2010

Pretty much this. The most powerful build by far would be, I think...

Quick Draw, Sharpshooter, Tough Guy, <Upgraded Tough Guy>.

Get Vision Augmentation and Memetic Reactions (easily done as Mafia), congratulations you now have 200 HP and two attacks per round at triple damage. Get yourself a Coil Sniper and annihilate the entire fucking game.

Yeah, we didn't know about the extra stuff (or even being Posthuman) until after finalizing our original builds. I dreamed about having 200 health that first night.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited June 2010
    You know...

I asked Burnage a clarification on Day 1 about "nested thralls". He denied the request.

I'm a freaking clairvoyant apparently.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited June 2010
    Did everyone see the Ben Affleck clarification in the Posthuman Proboards?

I knew this was coming

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited June 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    wait what the hell happened in this game

the factions I was spying in and spying for weren't even real villager factions save for like 1-2 persons?

At least you weren't one of the six unfortunate souls who didn't have any handlers and thus thought that the 4 people listed faction were largely on your side.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited June 2010
    aegis: this game would have ended quicker (and prossibly infidel would not have been released) had you given out the names of vigint's infiltrators. because we spent the entire second day trying to find out who would raise fiaryn and preventing that from happening. we thought it was going to be vag winds.

out of curiosity, who did raise fiaryn? and more importantly, why?

psolms on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm sorry, Fiaryn.

I'm sorry, Rawkking.

I think I shall take a phalla break until this blows over. Nudging the bandwagons away from me on two days, then starting a counter-bandwagon to save a mafia member will really rebound on me next game, I think. Grudges are silly.

This game was an absolute rush. Thanks, Burnage. I think it was tipped a little in the Posthuman faction's favour, though!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    edited June 2010
    psolms wrote: »
    aegis: this game would have ended quicker (and prossibly infidel would not have been released) had you given out the names of vigint's infiltrators. because we spent the entire second day trying to find out who would raise fiaryn and preventing that from happening. we thought it was going to be vag winds.

out of curiosity, who did raise fiaryn? and more importantly, why?

Hooray, I was useful even if the eventual evil win still succeeded!

No idea who raised Fiaryn. vag_winds was tasked by Ringo to bring back Phyphor on that day. Fiaryn coming back I had absolutely no information about since he was outside my sphere of information.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    We did it Mr Philby!!!!

Here's to our success, Mr Angleton!
    Philby+Angleton=Forever We did it!

Ah, so you ended up with the pretty bow, eh?
    Wait wait CapFalcon AND Wildcat were posthuman order?

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Wintermute was screwed from the start.

We did have one less infiltrator but fffff.
    Yeah, sorry about that Rawkking. If it helps any, I did actually heal you when I said I did. I just healed my secret mafia buddies with my secret extra action at the same time. :P I felt bad about misleading you and also shalmelo, so sorry to the two of you.
    Edit: Also how did Wildcat survive my attack? I'm curious.

Tough Guy plus being healed.

Ah. I didn't realize healing and damage were accounted for simultaneously.
    Thankfully! Also Determination's damage reduction, possibly. I'd been in fear of you and Gumpy for a lot of the game, since I'd heard you were both looking into killing me.

By the way, I think the VigInt proboards might still be locked.

Fun fact: I only got a gun on the last day, and did not actually deal any damage to any player other than via the vote.

Edit: and an even more fitting Deus Ex clip:

Post-Human Monstrosities Unite!

Wildcat on