As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

These [chat] really got ahold of me

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Galahad wrote: »
    Arkham Horror. (Lots of fun. I dunno if it tends to be more competitive elsewhere, but everyone cooperates in my group. I wish the Other Worlds dimension hopping aspect was more robust, 'cause that is the part I like.)

I can't imagine anyone ever betraying you in Arkham Horror, it's a strictly cooperative game.

Look, some of us like Yog Sothoth's style.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    God damn California you stupid fuckers.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0623-happy-meals-20100623,0,4821950.story?track=rss

CHILDREN CANNOT BUY HAPPY MEALS. PARENTS BUY HAPPY MEALS. CHILDREN DO NOT MAKE THEMSELVES FAT SHITTY PARENTS DO.

Based on my work, which is admittedly a small sample size, parents cave pathetically easily to children's whining.

Not that I'm saying that lawsuit against McDonalds has any legs to stand on. Just an observation related to the topic at hand.
    I agree, but that means the parents are bad, not the toy in the happy meal. Without the toy it's just a "meal" and you have to live through a lifetime of those.

Crayons at restaurants make kids want to eat there

we can't have our children drawing now can we?
    The arts are everything that is wrong with this country. Take away art classes and you get rid of those annoying free thinkers.

I am not paying taxes so kids could learn how to draw fuck that shit.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Are people celebrating football-type things?

No, not yet... :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    I feel like I should be drinking to celebrate but it's like 9:30 in the Ae Ems here sooooo.

Sooooo... of course?!

Well I don't have to work today......

DOT DOT DOT

So why the hell aren't you already plastered?!

Haven't finished mah coffee and don't have any whisky to put in it. I'm an underperforming drunk.

Jesus, man. Come on!

OK FINE. I'll make a rum and orange juice. You are the worst support group.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    should I go buy croissants y/n

N BUY AMERICAN BREAD YOU FAGGOT

o_O

this actually really hurt and I don't know why :cry:

that's the feeling of failing your country, Elliedrendil

I've failed England?

Or have I failed Brazil?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    People that don't understand why NFL players wear pads boggle my fucking mind.

Because two 300 pound men colliding head-on at full speed would kill each other?

Who the hell has a problem understanding that?

Some people are so used to watching soccer/wrestling where all injuries are faked that they assume athletes can't really be injured.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    God damn California you stupid fuckers.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0623-happy-meals-20100623,0,4821950.story?track=rss

CHILDREN CANNOT BUY HAPPY MEALS. PARENTS BUY HAPPY MEALS. CHILDREN DO NOT MAKE THEMSELVES FAT SHITTY PARENTS DO.

Based on my work, which is admittedly a small sample size, parents cave pathetically easily to children's whining.

Not that I'm saying that lawsuit against McDonalds has any legs to stand on. Just an observation related to the topic at hand.
    I agree, but that means the parents are bad, not the toy in the happy meal. Without the toy it's just a "meal" and you have to live through a lifetime of those.

Crayons at restaurants make kids want to eat there

we can't have our children drawing now can we?
    The arts are everything that is wrong with this country. Take away art classes and you get rid of those annoying free thinkers.

I am not paying taxes so kids could learn how to draw fuck that shit.

God, fuck childhoods. Those freeloaders need to get jobs and stop living off the government teat.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Because two 300 pound men colliding head-on at full speed would kill each other?

Some people are so used to watching soccer where all injuries are faked that they assume athletes can't really be injured.

No.

Some people are used to watching rugby where burly guys can tackle eachother without maiming eachother.

Tav on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Arkham Horror. (Lots of fun. I dunno if it tends to be more competitive elsewhere, but everyone cooperates in my group. I wish the Other Worlds dimension hopping aspect was more robust, 'cause that is the part I like.)

I can't imagine anyone ever betraying you in Arkham Horror, it's a strictly cooperative game.

I know I do

Arch on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Some people are so used to watching soccer where all injuries are faked that they assume athletes can't really be injured.
    soccer-injury-oupa-ngulube-breaks-leg-in-half1.jpg
    (Spoilered for large)

Faking it! Pussies!

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Soccer is the professional wrestling of the legitimate sports world.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tav wrote: »

rugby fans

Rugby players do not hit each other the way football players do, and they also get seriously injured all the fucking time.

Season and career ending injuries in rugby happen every God damned season. It happens in football too, but as the technology behind the football protective equipment increased so did the recklessness and violence of the sport.

If modern football players played like old school leather-helmet football players we'd see very few serious injuries, and the ones we did see would be joint and twist type injuries, not concussions and internal ones.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    rum and orange juice.

WHAT?

.....don't even bother, you should definitly quit.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    (Spoilered for large)

Faking it! Pussies!
    Oh you would bring up old "Rubber Legs" Johnson, wouldn't you.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I got a strong urge to troll the lawn mowing thread.

But I want to get out of jail.

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    oh god chanus nooooo

also man i skate without pads come on football players

yeah you may hit other dudes but i hit MOTHER EARTH HERSELF

and i dont wear no pads come on

Arch on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010

No.

Some people are used to watching rugby where burly guys can tackle eachother without maiming eachother.

Rugby players aren't nearly as burly as NFL players. Not even close.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Sumo fans might, because that is two 300 pound men ramming into each other at full speed.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

No.

Rugby hits are completely different than football hits. Because they aren't wearing any pads.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    rum and orange juice.

WHAT?

.....don't even bother, you should definitly quit.

Dude I was skeptical too. But Sailor Jerry's and OJ is pretty fucking boss. Way better then a screwdriver.

I'd rather make a dark and stormy but no ginger beer and too lazy to go out for it.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

rugby fans

Rugby players do not hit each other the way football players do, and they also get seriously injured all the fucking time.

Season and career ending injuries in rugby happen every God damned season. It happens in football too, but as the technology behind the football protective equipment increased so did the recklessness and violence of the sport.

If modern football players played like old school leather-helmet football players we'd see very few serious injuries, and the ones we did see would be joint and twist type injuries, not concussions and internal ones.
    Yeah. Football has evolved to be more about the hit than the tackle. The end result is still the same, the technique is just different.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

It's so they can hit each other harder!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm no fan of football but boring office man keeps whining about football. How he doesn't like it and how he shouldn't have to put up with it. He is the sole cause of the football related talk in my office (outside of Intern Lad who just watches live sports feeds all day and makes empathic noises).

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited June 2010

No.

Rugby players aren't nearly as burly as NFL players. Not even close.

They also have a pretty crappy injury record.

Claiming that they do this and don't get hurt is hackneyed bullshit.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

yeah, football players never actually collide

they both fall down and roll for about fifty meters when they get closer to each than five meters

ten for italians

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

(Spoilered for large)

Faking it! Pussies!
    Aaron Ramsey dived.

Tav on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmm...I'm not sure if I look ok in these new jeans (the one problem with Next Clearance - no fitting rooms). Hopefully japan will be bale to try and have an opinion about something when he gets home.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    1257149242297692.jpeg

Tav on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    1257149242297692.jpeg

That is child abuse. Hilarious child abuse.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    oh hey tav found a picture of me

Arch on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That reminds me of the babe.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ahahaha tiny bowie

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That child can pull of Bowie.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    so this free XP glitch in RDR

how do I do it

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nice picture of Arch

edit: beaten by the man himself :(

microbowerie

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010

(Spoilered for large)

Faking it! Pussies!
    Aaron Ramsey dived.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJwVVPkQEJs

How can you people watch this shit and call it a sport?

We don't kill our football players when they fuck up, but if they started doing this we'd descend onto the field and rend them apart, if their coaches didn't do it first.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

Its been a while since I've done Arkham, so I guess I might be confusing it w/ Touch of Evil which has everyone trying to take down the same bad guy, but there are competitive rules that allow for one person to get the bragging rights for "winning" and mechanics that let you ruin other players day if you want to be a dick.

One of the problems with Arkham that I was noticing when I played it in the past is that there really does seem to be a "one best right way" to win it, and once everyone is on board with that plan the game DOES become very easy.

Galahad on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was only ever good at two things in soccer: stopping a ball now and then as a keeper, and sliding tackles

mostly because few, if anyone, other than me attempted sliding tackles on asphalt

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nice, Elldren.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.