As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME OVER - Camarilla Victory] Vampire: TPM, Final Night: The Curtain's Descent

1757677787981»

• Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Aw man, that means you guys didn't have the Toreador PM. If I had lived night 4 I was going to PM all the remaining Toreadors with the first half and challenge them to finish it.

I think I had a mild heart attack with about 4-5 days left when people started talking about matching PMs.

Serpent on
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Aw man, that means you guys didn't have the Toreador PM. If I had lived night 4 I was going to PM all the remaining Toreadors with the first half and challenge them to finish it.

That's bordering on meta-gaming and I do not approve.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    telcus wrote: »

That's bordering on meta-gaming and I do not approve.

me2

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It is pretty funny that Jdarksun and DA were accused based on the Malkavian death messages. They did seem really appropriate. Maybe the supposedly random visions were Freudian slips, CJ? ;)

I think Serpent played a really good Sabbat; he seemed to be "taking initiative" at various points during the game, which is a very risky (but potentially rewarding) strategy for a monster.

Another impressive Sabbat, despite his early death, was Drez. At some point during the time I was defending Drez, I went "wait, what if he is Sabbat" - it'd mean I'm fucked! But he just had me fooled so thoroughly that I didn't think about it very much. I was convinced that no real monster would ever engage in such blatant confusion-mongering.

I was also really happy when the network collapsed. When the insta-network formed and I got the "OMG TELL ME YOUR CLAN" message from Grundl, I very nearly stopped playing. I just couldn't see any way in which the game could be interesting or rewarding to me anymore. But the Giovanni changed it all.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man, what a great game. The fact that we (the Assamites) managed to get it down to more or less a fifty-fifty shot to win is something of which I'm proud.

Why did you tell them to kill me, Ardor? What was the tip-off? If that hadn't happened, we'd have won walking away.

Just for the record, I didn't feel like I was breaking our deal when I offed PK. He was acting so randomly that I wasn't at all certain that he was in the network. Plutonium said that he probably was, but didn't have time to explain before he got murdered.

Anyway, good times all 'round. Hope we kept it interesting for everyone right until the end.

Thanks a lot, CJ. Epic.

P.S. I'm really, really glad that the 'share the PMs' plan got quietly dropped. Really glad. I hate that crap.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Man, what a great game. The fact that we (the Assamites) managed to get it down to more or less a fifty-fifty shot to win is something of which I'm proud.

Why did you tell them to kill me, Ardor? What was the tip-off? If that hadn't happened, we'd have won walking away.

Just for the record, I didn't feel like I was breaking our deal when I offed PK. He was acting so randomly that I wasn't at all certain that he was in the network. Plutonium said that he probably was, but didn't have time to explain before he got murdered.

Anyway, good times all 'round. Hope we kept it interesting for everyone right until the end.

Thanks a lot, CJ. Epic.

P.S. I'm really, really glad that the 'share the PMs' plan got quietly dropped. Really glad. I hate that crap.

I was in contact with Plutonium when PK showed up and I just told him to have fun when he asked what he could do. Well, he had fun. Anyways, I told Plutonium that he was indeed a family member and a network member, I thought he'd pass that on to you.

I think around Day 4, I matched you up with your posting records with plutonium getting back to me with what kills you guys were gonna take each day. I asked him, out of mere curiosity if you were it and he said yes, but don't tell anyone. You can ask him how many people I guessed were his partner, it would be better if it came from him anyways.

I wouldn't have told anyone, but then you went and attacked PK, so when I thought I was going to die, I let tux, tofu and unearthly know. I think I told hylianbunny and pk as well.

We risked a lot on that guess, it not only helped us figure out that all the sabbat were in the brujah list, but we also staked alot on plutonium not trying to pull a fast one. Plutonium and I were laughing all of today, staking who would win and why. Honestly, I didn't think the BOM plan, which was to give you the chance to kill a sabbat, would've taken such a turn and nearly cost us the game. I still think you guys deserved the win, it was a great game you played, especially as the faction most people thought had the least chance of winning.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

There's a reason in many games that the moderators have decided against this. In the early games, unless you were really clever, you couldn't really fake a pm as a special or something, so they were used to verify people and then they would mow down the monsters. Same thing here, it makes sense if it's like EBM's game or most others where everyone gets a generic pm, then you get a seperate one about your role if you are anything more than a normal villager of sorts.

I apologize for using the pm thing with the caitiff, the numbers made sense, but I guess it also didn't hurt to check those two out. I honestly never thought of doing that to everyone until I was dead and gone. Even so, that would've been a real good way to muscle our way to victory, but it would've felt pretty hollow.

Live and learn.

Ardor on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »

There's a reason in many games that the moderators have decided against this. In the early games, unless you were really clever, you couldn't really fake a pm as a special or something, so they were used to verify people and then they would mow down the monsters. Same thing here, it makes sense if it's like EBM's game or most others where everyone gets a generic pm, then you get a seperate one about your role if you are anything more than a normal villager of sorts.

I apologize for using the pm thing with the caitiff, the numbers made sense, but I guess it also didn't hurt to check those two out. I honestly never thought of doing that to everyone until I was dead and gone. Even so, that would've been a real good way to muscle our way to victory, but it would've felt pretty hollow.

Live and learn.

Yeah, sorry, I kinda pushed that onto Ardor. I thought it was a decent idea to do after I heard Last Son mention it, and tofu was hellbent on staking me. I won't do it in future games now that I know it's frowned upon.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I wouldn't have told anyone, but then you went and attacked PK, so when I thought I was going to die, I let tux, tofu and unearthly know. I think I told hylianbunny and pk as well.

Balls. Should have offed you first, eh? I held just enough to our deal to cost us the game. I really thought that Plutonium's death & PK's general nuttiness he was more or less exempt from the deal -- if it still existed at all.

Ah well. Live and learn.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The lesson is next time to let the network be destroyed

Edit: Ardor, I am a bit cheesed off that you gave away that tidbit of information. You gave your word that nobody would know it, regardless of the situation. I gave it to you because you guessed it up front, and I decided that narrowing down Sabbat was more important. You then lied to me and told me it was a guess on their part, when you slipped it to them. I'm disappointed.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    hey, thanks for the compliments Bliss. I figure the best way to be evil is to play like you are good... be ACTUALLY helpful (or at least, try to be. how helpful I am is debateable) -- don't fake it and be 'looking' helpful while not actually being helpful (Drez day2, Oboro all game).

Now of course, I need to play one or two of these and go balls out crazy.

Serpent on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I would like to thank myself for bringing the victory to the Camarilla!

As your former Baron of the Anarchs, I would like to thank everyone for the funtimes.

I feel quite special I was killed by not one but two groups at the same time.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    precisionk wrote: »

As your former Baron of the Anarchs, I would like to thank everyone for the funtimes.

Speaking of.

Grimmy, what the hell were you thinking?

Serpent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Serpent wrote: »

Speaking of.

You were so going to die Serpent, I knew you were a sabbat bastard, solely, because you were claiming I was this massive liar about my role and really pushing for people to not like me.

I think you were just angry because I convinced most to at least question what my role was, if not completely convince them.

I am a beautiful beast.

precisionk on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think you were just angry because I convinced most to at least question what my role was, if not completely convince them.

You think that? Really?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Speaking of.

You were so going to die Serpent, I knew you were a sabbat bastard, solely, because you were claiming I was this massive liar about my role and really pushing for people to not like me.

I am a beautiful beast.

I wasn't angry at all. And you were a massive liar. and I didn't push for people to not like you ;)

I let it drop after a day or so because I found it kinda funny that people were actually going along with it.

edit: It was beautiful. and awesome.

Serpent on
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It was obvious your role was bogus when you posted your successor stuff in the thread rather than saying you pm'ed the GM. Not that it was all that convincing beforehand.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »

You think that? Really?

All signs point to yes.

Or at least the eight ball says so.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Speaking of.

I am a beautiful beast.

What can I say? He made my trigger finger itch, I knew he was a smart player who was dangerous in any role, and I didn't think that Ardor would object to his death (and consequently sell me out).

Mostly though I just wanted him to shut up. :P

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The dead thread was funny at that point. What the hell are they thinking up there?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Speaking of.

I am a beautiful beast.

What can I say? He made my trigger finger itch, I knew he was a smart player who was dangerous in any role, and I didn't think that Ardor would object to his death (and consequently sell me out).

I would have expected this type of tone from DevoutlyApathetic, not you my good friend!

But alas, I cannot blaime you.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Speaking of.

I am a beautiful beast.

I would have expected this type of tone from DevoutlyApathetic, not you my good friend!

Heh. No offense meant, obviously. You were entertaining, but way too dangerous (and dangerously erratic) to leave alive. So...

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Speaking of.

I am a beautiful beast.

Heh. No offense meant, obviously. You were entertaining, but way too dangerous (and dangerously erratic) to leave alive. So...

None taken. I would have probably killed me in your place as well.

precisionk on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I was severely disappointed when I didn't get my powers, Pk.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    xanathosxanathos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This was an enjoyable game, however I was unable to really participate for either the sabbat or the camarilla. It wouldn't have mattered which side I was on. This was due to various personal reasons, coupled with a ramp up of major work for school.... just didn't have the time.

xanathos on
    "Our will requires an aim; it would sooner have the void for its purpose than be void of purpose" - Friedrich Nietzsche from The Genealogy of Morals, 1887.

"All memory of your existence will be wiped from reality. You will die, and no one will mourn." - Memnarch
  • Options
    BitterOldManBitterOldMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Live and learn.

Yeah, sorry, I kinda pushed that onto Ardor. I thought it was a decent idea to do after I heard Last Son mention it, and tofu was hellbent on staking me. I won't do it in future games now that I know it's frowned upon.

FYI - I didn't know it was frowned on as well :/

BitterOldMan on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Speaking of.

I am a beautiful beast.

Just colour me surprised when you took precision out instead of going after another brujah, or ardor (and letting the sabat take the council)

Serpent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Speaking of.

I am a beautiful beast.

Just colour me surprised when you took precision out instead of going after another brujah, or ardor (and letting the sabat take the council)

Yeah, I was operating on the assumption that the deal with Ardor was still on -- so he was off-limits -- but that Precision was a special case and I could feel free to murder him. Regardless of how wacky he was acting, PK was too smart to leave standing if I had the opportunity.

And at that point I was mainly just concerned with getting the most dangerous people horizontal ASAP.

No offense to the survivors, of course. You guys proved to be plenty dangerous anyways. :)

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bliss: Thanks for the compliment.

Serpent: I guess you didn't enjoy my play style, but I'm pretty confident that if I hadn't gotten seered, the village had pretty much forgotten about me and I could have just coasted for the rest of the game. Of course, you could argue that my play style is what GOT me seered, but I guess we'll never know. Ah well. :P

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Speaking of.

I am a beautiful beast.

Yeah, I was operating on the assumption that the deal with Ardor was still on -- so he was off-limits -- but that Precision was a special case and I could feel free to murder him. Regardless of how wacky he was acting, PK was too smart to leave standing if I had the opportunity.

And at that point I was mainly just concerned with getting the most dangerous people horizontal ASAP.

No offense to the survivors, of course. You guys proved to be plenty dangerous anyways. :)

I had zero plans to go after you until the sabbat were all dead or it was the final day and we thought we could win with only the vote and execution. Several people were unhappy with me that I wouldn't go after you at all and simply told them I'm pretty sure he's in the toreador lists, so that's off limits.

I simply gave up the silence part of the deal the day after PK died, plus, we did give you some body armor (BOM) to help you survive a bit.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Speaking of.

I am a beautiful beast.

I had zero plans to go after you until the sabbat were all dead or it was the final day and we thought we could win with only the vote and execution. Several people were unhappy with me that I wouldn't go after you at all and simply told them I'm pretty sure he's in the toreador lists, so that's off limits.

I simply gave up the silence part of the deal the day after PK died, plus, we did give you some body armor (BOM) to help you survive a bit.

Oh no worries. I thought you played entirely fair. We almost got away with it, and you can't really ask for more than that in these games. Anything more is just greedy.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    OtakuDood and I were talking and we were both laughing at the fact that by trying to keep you alive with BOM, we thought we gave you the game by doing that. BOM wanted to play the part, and we wanted you to kill 1 sabbat.

I was so tempted the whole time to simply send you a pm to work with you. I gave plutonium a message to give to you, the very same offer we had going on, if he were to die. Was a fun game, I'm glad I put the agreement out there and I'm very glad you guys took me up on it. It was tons of fun.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Drez wrote: »

Serpent: I guess you didn't enjoy my play style, but I'm pretty confident that if I hadn't gotten seered, the village had pretty much forgotten about me and I could have just coasted for the rest of the game. Of course, you could argue that my play style is what GOT me seered, but I guess we'll never know. Ah well. :P

I thought your playstyle was awesome and ballsy.

Serpent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Oh, okay. I misread, then. :P

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Oh, okay. I misread, then. :P

Yah -- I said you were 'acting stupid', as in on day2 your plans to help the village were not very good and brought you under 'suspicion'.

I think this is an awesome and ballsy playstyle for a bad guy which can often divert suspicion (and it did).

Serpent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ahh, gotcha.

Drez on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm a bit disappointed that Bliss 101 didn't turn out to be a badguy because that would have been the ultimate turn around. Bliss got so helpful and I'm sitting there reading from the dead thread convinced he's up to shenanigans.

Squashua on