As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME OVER!] Phallanoia! [WE WIN!]

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nine pages late, and I still have the opportunity, so it must be fate.

!zap precisionk.

I'll hold off on the accusation for now.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just incase, I !accuse Drez of being a commie.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hey guys, you know that big surprise at the end of night one? I bet they're gonna take away our guns for shooting up the meeting room, better use em while you got em.

I !retract Drez, hes going to be holier than swiss cheese. I !accuse infidel because hes an infidel, really what more reason do I need?

Last Son on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    wenchkilla wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    You were cool in Voyage to phalla, but damnit, your bullshit is bullshit.

!accuse Drez of being a dirty commie

Save your accusations for someone who is going to otherwise live past the first day. Drez has so many zaps targeted at him, if he survives it all he will have to be crowned King of the RNG. (With Munkus only being Queen.)

There is no evidence to base anything on at this point though, and I doubt anything will come out until Day 2. Voting for this bandwagon doesn't really hurt anyone, it's not suspicious, and it keeps me at my low profile from which I can observe without seeming like I'm trying to be silent, same with why I'm posting this in the first place.

Of course I'm a noob, so I may be wrong :P
    well for future reference, you probably don't want to be telling everyone you're trying to keep a low profile. It defeats the purpose of keeping a low profile and everyone starts to wonder why you're trying to hide.
    Also, everything everyone does is suspicious, even voting on the bandwagon. This is doubly true here in phallanoia.

Yeah, what the heck is that? Keeping a low profile, are you? Trying to not be suspicious, are you? Thinking on day one, are you?

There's a time to think, and there's a time to act. This, gentlemen, is no time to think!

!Zap Wenchkilla.

Oh. And I !accuse Smasher of being a filthy commie. The only thing he's trying to Smash is Friend Computer's system of enlightened government.

Now. Where's that paperwork?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    Damnit, I'm a special this game and I am going to be useful even if its only going to be a two day game. I better end up as King Louis in the French Phalla.

I am a member of the Ultraviolet Circle (of three) and each day we get to decide on one person to 'clear' (doublecheck security clearance.) This allows us to find communists, but not mutants apparently. We have also been made aware of an enforcer somewhere. I would like the enforcer to please protect me tonight, and that way force the communists to zap me if they want to kill me. Then we simply kill the people that zap me, if they have the guts, if not, we can begin the two days of actual seering we will get done. I have to figure out who is not liable to die, before beginning seering, but I will take suggestions.

Hes lying! Our glorious brothers of the ultraviolet have authorization to perform nuclear strikes, they do not do background checks!

Maybe if you had picked a more reasonable security clearance to impersonate you wouldn't have been caught so fast, Mutant Scum.

Last Son on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hmm... RNG or wildly accuse someone of something petty?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    *communist manifesto snipped*

I...see.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    !zap Ardor
    Plutonium wrote: »
    !Zap Ardor

Edit: Dammit Drez, he's mine!

TWO first page zaps?

:cry:

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Hmm... RNG or wildly accuse someone of something pretty?

You could accuse me of being "pretty" if you want.

Drez on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Partially because he made it to page five without getting zapped... partially because I want to make sure he's dead... and partially because Drez seems to be taken care of.. I !zap shamus. So, this is fun.. but I doubt day 1 is going to tell us much of anything about who's who, since everyone (except Drez) is just zapping people who they feel they need to get some kind of revenge on... which is just about everyone on everybody (out of the regulars).

Edited for post below

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007
    Actually I don't feel I need revenge on Ardor. I just wanted the first Phallanoiager post and I wanted to kill Ardor. Totally innocently. Like a bluebird singing sweetly into the blue morning sky while others pass by underfoot oblivious.

Drez on
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Don't have much time so...
    !Vote BitterOldMan

Typhus733 on
    edited May 2007
    This may be the first game I've participated in that it wouldn't be out of reach to kill off most of the inactives... imagine that, a Phalla with no inactive people or people with very little activity. :P

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007
    I do urge the voting of mutant BOM.

Drez on
  • Abraham F. HawkAbraham F. Hawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Um, so, we're just zapping away now, are we? Sounds like fun, however, since I'm not a crazy person, I'll just !vote for Drez, like everybody else is doing.

Abraham F. Hawk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    Um, so, we're just zapping away now, are we? Sounds like fun, however, since I'm not a crazy person, I'll just !vote for Drez, like everybody else is doing.

That is so communist! I !accuse Abraham F. Hawk of being communist scum!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    People who will die (don’t vote for them)
    Ardor
    Drez
    Jdarksun
    Plutoium
    Cantide
    Funkeywaltdogg.
    Senorfish
    Gnasty
    Smasher
    Shamus
    Unearthly stew
    Munkus beaver
    Hylianbunny
    Squasha
    Wenchkilla
    Mtvcdm
    DiggerDude
    SnakesonaPlane
    Lost Son

Digger Dude on
    edited May 2007
    There's almost no way I'm living past tonight. It seems odd that people are throwing their votes away by targeting me with them.

Drez on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    !zap Mtvcdm
    !accuse Eldercat

Shoot the person on my left, point the person on my right...

Waking up to the first page is win.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Abraham F. HawkAbraham F. Hawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

That is so communist! I !accuse Abraham F. Hawk of being communist scum!

Damn it, I walked right in to that one, didn't I?

Since I just now learned to use my brain, I won't vote for Drez. So, !sorry for calling you a communist, Drez. You will die, of course, 'cause you're being zapped and all. Sorry.

Instead, I would like to !vote for Grundlterror, 'cause he's a bigg meanie. Like a communist.

Abraham F. Hawk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    !Accuse Mtvcdm
    !Zap FunkyWaltDogg. Don't respond to my PM will you!

Is it too much to ask what the heck you're talking about?

Also, !zap DiggerDude !accuse Malkor.

Also also, !elect Munkus king
    ...of my heart <3

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well the zaps were crazy at the beginning, but it looks like things have calmed down now. I will wait until more information is available before using my zap (if I do), rather than getting revenge.

As for votes I am !accusing Rygar, because his move would be a good one if he were a bad guy. This is just to show suspicion, if anybody else votes rygar I will retract if I am online.
    People who will die (don’t vote for them)
    Ardor
    Drez
    Jdarksun
    Plutoium
    Cantide
    Funkeywaltdogg.
    Senorfish
    Gnasty
    Smasher
    Shamus
    Unearthly stew
    Munkus beaver.
    Hylianbunny
    Squasha
    Wenchkilla
    Mtvcdm

Those people aren't neccesarily dead, we don't know the percentage chance of misfire of the guns.

frandelgearslip on
    edited May 2007
    I !Zap Athan...Elendil.....Athendil?

Might as well try to do something useful since I've got a decent chance of spontaneously combusting tonight.

I think the MVP award goes to Munkus though.

CJ Iwakura is totally a communist

I mean, who else lets PK off his leash in their game? You're supposed to put up an electrical fence, put the collar on him and turn up the voltage so high that the lights dim when he tries to pass the invisible line.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    !Accuse Mtvcdm
    !Zap FunkyWaltDogg. Don't respond to my PM will you!

Is it too much to ask what the heck you're talking about?

Also, !zap DiggerDude !accuse Malkor.

Also also, !elect Munkus king
    ...of my heart <3

Man you screwed up, I'm a seer.
    I'm not

Digger Dude on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I zap Shamus because he was the cause of my death as a Gangrel.

I accuse Locus because a RNG told me to.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Holy crap, lots of posts.

This seems as good a Phalla as any to take out personal grudges, plus I'll likely be making an ally or two, so I will !allow Squashua to get that tingly feeling all over and !pull a McCarthy's suitcase out for Shamus.

Because really, they just deserve it.

edit: bold

Shit.

I'll come out right now. I am a Registered Mutant with an Energy Field ability that works like a Force Field.

I can protect myself from attacks if I use my power; there is a % chance it will not work and a smaller chance that my head will explode, but with such a useless ability as an otherwise plain Troubleshooter, I'm willing to take that chance.

I am going to use my power for as many nights as it takes to get this Network set-up.

Tonight:
    Seers (I'm assuming there are 2 or more) - seer me.
    Guardians (also assuming multiple) - if one of you has a "Guard against Mutants" guard, please Guard me (my power is supposedly proof against Commie attacks (if it works), but not Mutant). If you want to make sure I'm safe... guard me anyway, but I'll risk going naked.
    Please don't !Zap me (anymore). Hopefully I can withstand this.

I'm not sure how to confirm someone on the next day, but I guess the seers can PM me with what you find tomorrow and I'll figure out how to get you to seer each other or someone else and we'll go from there.

I cannot share my PM and I have no additional contacts.

I !zap SnacksonaPlane for not thinking it through.

Squashua on
    edited May 2007
    I zap Last Son because I can

Digger Dude on
    edited May 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

Dammit, I really wish I had saved my zap for ten more minutes because I would totally have zapped you for this comment, regardless of your role.

Un!accuse Malkor !accuse Squashua.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Holy crap, lots of posts.

This seems as good a Phalla as any to take out personal grudges, plus I'll likely be making an ally or two, so I will !allow Squashua to get that tingly feeling all over and !pull a McCarthy's suitcase out for Shamus.

Because really, they just deserve it.

edit: bold

Shit.

I'll come out right now. I am a Registered Mutant with an Energy Field ability that works like a Force Field.

I can protect myself from attacks if I use my power; there is a % chance it will not work and a smaller chance that my head will explode, but with such a useless ability as an otherwise plain Troubleshooter, I'm willing to take that chance.

I am going to use my power for as many nights as it takes to get this Network set-up.

Tonight:
    Seers (I'm assuming there are 2 or more) - seer me.
    Guardians (also assuming multiple) - if one of you has a "Guard against Mutants" guard, please Guard me (my power is supposedly proof against Commie attacks (if it works), but not Mutant). If you want to make sure I'm safe... guard me anyway, but I'll risk going naked.
    Please don't !Zap me (anymore). Hopefully I can withstand this.

I'm not sure how to confirm someone on the next day, but I guess the seers can PM me with what you find tomorrow and I'll figure out how to get you to seer each other or someone else and we'll go from there.

I cannot share my PM and I have no additional contacts.

NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No more frickin instant networks. All they frickin do is get all the good specials killed in the first couple of days.

frandelgearslip on
    edited May 2007
    NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No more frickin instant networks. All they frickin do is get all the good specials killed in the first couple of days.

Especially since the number and types of specials are up in the air. A communist could easily make up a power and sneak right into Squashua's network.

Think it through, people.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited May 2007
    So let's see, how did this work again?
    Win Conditions
    Troubleshooters - win if all Traitors (Commie/Mutant) are dead.
    Commies - win if all the Troubleshooters and Mutants are dead.
    Mutant - wins if all other Players are dead.

Hmm.

!Retract CJ Iwakura. He's an ok communist
    !Squashua. Mutants are bad. Fallout games taught me this.

Anyone need a soda? I think Squashua left a 12 pack in the fridge and I have a feeling he won't need them anymore.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007

Dammit, I really wish I had saved my zap for ten more minutes because I would totally have zapped you for this comment, regardless of your role.

Snacks did a kneejerk zap. A network doesn't need cowboys.

Plus, Funky, you are ALWAYS on my case about crap. Notorious for it.

I just found Rygar's post in the mess that is these 300-ish posts. :(
    Well, that's 2 specials "outed".

Squashua on
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »

Registered Mutants are GOOD. We wear big yellow stripes so you know us.

Gonna go find a FAQ on this...
    Mutations

Even though modern cloning techniques are perfect (The Computer says so), occasionally a mutation has been known to creep into the genetic material. Although mutations are treasonous, The Computer has been known to overlook mutations if they are reported quickly. From time to time you may see a citizen with a yellow stripe on their uniform. This means they are a Registered Mutant and they have already confessed their mutation to The Computer.

Details of specific mutations are not available at your security clearance. Should you discover that you have a mutation, or you know of an unregistered mutant, you should report it immediately to The Computer.

If you should hear rumours that mutations are commonplace, you should report the citizen spreading the rumour immediately. Rumours are treason.

If you know your Paranoia lore, you'd know this.

Squashua on
    edited May 2007

What do you call the other twenty zaps that have gone off this morning?

And there is a reason I am always on your case.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited May 2007

What do you call the other twenty zaps that have gone off this morning?

And there is a reason I am always on your case.

Is that 'cause you're a dirty commie?

I !accuse FunkyWaltDogg especially b/c he ain't getting too many Zap votes that I can see in this mess. I have registered mutant SHIELDING powers, not registered mutant vote-finding powers.

Squashua on
    edited May 2007

Registered Mutants are GOOD. We wear big yellow stripes so you know us.

Gonna go find a FAQ on this...
    Mutations

Even though modern cloning techniques are perfect (The Computer says so), occasionally a mutation has been known to creep into the genetic material. Although mutations are treasonous, The Computer has been known to overlook mutations if they are reported quickly. From time to time you may see a citizen with a yellow stripe on their uniform. This means they are a Registered Mutant and they have already confessed their mutation to The Computer.

Details of specific mutations are not available at your security clearance. Should you discover that you have a mutation, or you know of an unregistered mutant, you should report it immediately to The Computer.

If you should hear rumours that mutations are commonplace, you should report the citizen spreading the rumour immediately. Rumours are treason.

If you know your Paranoia lore, you'd know this.

Thanks, I didn't know that to be honest. Truth be told, I felt like not planning anything for the first day other than to sit back and shoot someone without even thinking much. I'll consider your words later. I didn't plan on doing anything unless I somehow live through the night. If I decided to plan something, I would've honestly held my shot as we don't know what happens if you shoot a troubleshooter right now.

Thanks for the soda btw.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    Thanks for the soda btw.

Drink Bouncy Bubble Beverage, it's the Mandatory Thing!
    b3labelks0.gif

Squashua on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »
    I zap Shamus because he was the cause of my death as a Gangrel.

I accuse Locus because a RNG told me to.
    Next time, don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

I !zap Zerinan.

!J'accuse Shamus for getting to Senor Fish before me.

Locus on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    b3labelks0.gif

It's clearly some sort of communist poison cola. I do not approve.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited May 2007
    Shamus wrote: »
    !zap Senor Fish

Hooha, gotcha' first!

Go Ardor! First to be zapped!

This is like a game show and I'm gonna win a prize right?

Come on! Big money big money, no whammies no whammies, Stop! (Zapped)

Ardor on