As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Screenshots 9: Needs More Spiky Bits

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Last I played, you had to force AA and AF on your graphics card in WAR for it to look good. Without those, it looked jagged and ugly as hell

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How does one do this? NVIDIA card.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Though the nVidia control panel:
    3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings -> Add WAR's startup executable (not the patcher) and in the list below turn Antialiasing Mode to Override, then pick one of them in the lower option. I think I ran mine at 4, as a compromise between speed and pretty.

Glal on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    wowscrnshot062510024100.png

facemeltah chillin' in Ironforge~

Xehalus on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Time for champions online screenshots!
    This is Doctor Awesome
    doctorawesomebackup.jpg

He surfs the skies on a hoverdisk...
    DoctorAwesome.jpg

...and fights crime with his awesome inventions, like gloves that can shoot lightning...
    doctorawesomelightning.jpg

...a laser sword...
    doctoawesomesword.jpg

..and he even built a portable energy shield for himself!
    awesomeshield.jpg

He is pretty awesome

Arch on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Some how I'm not shocked you made a white doctor with a big afro and goofy goggles.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Why did you make your doctor look like Dustin Diamond?

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I didn't even realize the similarities until just now josh

and the answer?

why the fuck NOT?

Arch on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How the hell did you get that coat? I was looking for something like that and could only find a trench coat with a bad split down the middle on the back.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    How the hell did you get that coat? I was looking for something like that and could only find a trench coat with a bad split down the middle on the back.

It's a Veteran Reward for 200 days subscribed.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Damn :( Only 100 to go I suppose.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    300+ days awww yeah

lifetime represent

8-)

Arch on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A picture a friend of mine did of my character way back in the day, during the PvP grind. Not really a screenshot, I know. But I like it.

The_High_Shaman_by_micer.jpg

milk ducks on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Everytime I look at this awesome screeen shot as well as the others I took on the PTS, a year ago, it makes me want to punch the people at Mythic in the throat for what seems to be the half-assing WAR. The entire world that is Warhammer at their finger tips and it's just... wel...l nowhere near the soruce material. LotD is cool. PvP is still kickass. But the rest... I am dissapoint. H-scroll rape ahead.
    Candica_001.jpg

I still can't get screen shots to look like this in the regular servers. It's been reduced in size by photobucket.

Makes me miss my Magus. I wonder if they ever made it a worthwhile class again. After they took away rift pulling no one wanted me anymore.

The real problem was the Order Engineer was better in every way. Also Mythic refused to give the Magus the range-enhancing talent essentially making the midrange tree utterly useless.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    300+ days awww yeah

lifetime represent

8-)

Lifetime woot woot!

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. Asymmetrical designs are always cool. :D

MiyukiComic.jpg

Kind of wish I could get rid of the aura effect from my Martial Arts' Form though. At least I set its hue to match the costume, but I'd have preferred less particle effects in battle.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Everytime I look at this awesome screeen shot as well as the others I took on the PTS, a year ago, it makes me want to punch the people at Mythic in the throat for what seems to be the half-assing WAR. The entire world that is Warhammer at their finger tips and it's just... wel...l nowhere near the soruce material. LotD is cool. PvP is still kickass. But the rest... I am dissapoint. H-scroll rape ahead.
    Candica_001.jpg

I still can't get screen shots to look like this in the regular servers. It's been reduced in size by photobucket.

Makes me miss my Magus. I wonder if they ever made it a worthwhile class again. After they took away rift pulling no one wanted me anymore.

The real problem was the Order Engineer was better in every way. Also Mythic refused to give the Magus the range-enhancing talent essentially making the midrange tree utterly useless.

There were some Magus changes mentoined in the thread for the next patch, 1.3.6. Some of them were:
    The Pink Horror's "Daemonic Fire" ability will now also reduce the victim's Elemental Resistance (similar to the Engineer's Gun Turret reducing the victim's Armor).
    Perils of the Warp has been redesigned. It will now damage the target and Disarm them, similar to the Engineer's Crack Shot.
    Aegis of Orange Fire will now trigger from any attack, not just melee attacks, with a 25% chance. Its damage is increased, and the effectiveness of its Wounds buff has been doubled.
    Indigo Fire of Change will no longer summon a daemon. Instead, if the victim dies while Indigo Fire of Change is affecting them, the Magus will regain Indigo Fire's full Action Point cost over 6 seconds.
    Strengthen Thrall's effectiveness has been greatly increased.
    In addition to its current effects, Chaotic Attunement will now also make Resummon no longer cost any Action Points.

No clue if any of that helps.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    nervenerve Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Xehalus wrote: »
    wowscrnshot062510024100.png

facemeltah chillin' in Ironforge~

This makes me want to play my shadow priest again. Too bad I don't know anyone that plays anymore D:

nerve on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The resummon and elemental resistance change are really nice, but really my dots always seem way to weak at times. I figure we really need the dots to tick faster or just more damage overall. But in a way that doesn't unbalance the class. Maybe not aoe ones, because a good pandemonium or two can really tax a castle defense if they only have a few healers. But I am still in tier 3 so that probably does change in tier 4.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    @ Aunsoph, nice :^:

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    aunsoph where the fuck did you find that demon holding a glowy orb piece on your foot?

Arch on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    aunsoph where the fuck did you find that demon holding a glowy orb piece on your foot?

It's part of the Dark Fantasy Armor costume set, from the C-Store.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    aunsoph wrote: »

It's part of the Dark Fantasy Armor costume set, from the C-Store.

ohhhh

i wasn't planning on picking that up...but now...

Arch on
  • Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm a big fan of this thread.

This is all I do in WoW. When I'm not roleplaying as an enthused champion of Azeroth, Outland, and Northrend to confused LFD or BG members, I am in Dalaran or Orgrimmar as the dark and grim Porkkeeper.
    rv963m.gif

14b2mi9.gif

2coq4qx.gif

I love the Scythe and since I don't have the worst of gear I can still wear the Hallowed Helm and the weapon for amusement.

EDIT: Really unhappy my other alts have not seen it though.

McAllen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That scythe is so cool it should be illegal

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Time for more champions online screenshots!

Doctor Awesome chilling with the two other greatest scientific minds of Millenium City: Doctor Silverback and Juryrig
    scientificminds.jpg

SCIENCE!!! (and also my new background)
    SCIENCE.jpg

I liked this dude's costume when I teamed with him, so I took a screenshot.
    coolguy.jpg

Arch on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My APB criminal:

ScreenShot00061_cr.png

And my APB criminal having had better days:

ScreenShot00027_cr.png

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That is a sexy criminal.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You gunna get raped.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's like a a character from Rumble Roses. :^:

Mutilate on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shes only getting fined for public indecency.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    She's decent... I mean she has belts on

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    She was only caught because she thought the cop was much further away. No depth perception, you see.

jackal on
  • Options
    [Michael][Michael] Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was just going through some old screenshots from my brother's computer and found some good ones:

turtle.jpg

whirlaxis.jpg
    I'm one of the hunters not in the air. :(

doublesulfuron.jpg
    That's two Sulfurons, and 8 healers. It was a sad day. (we couldn't kill them)

WoWScrnShot_091206_012043.jpg
    Aaand the last raid I ever did. It was fun while it lasted.

[Michael] on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Those screenies bring back good memories of my experiences with MC and AQ. Good times.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I still remember the first time I saw Ragnaros rise out of the lava. It was a good "oh, holy shit" moment for me.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have a video somewhere of the first time we got C'Thun past phase one...the eye dies, he rises up, there's tentacles everywhere and then I got eaten and then there were more tentacles and acid and a trampoline and I died and it was awesome

We had no idea what was gonna happen after phase one

[Michael] on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I remember when the guild I was in downed Ragnaros and Onyxia for the first time, both in the same night. also I got T2 pieces from each. or T3. or whichever the hell they dropped

that was an awesome night

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    T2; Ony dropped helms, Rag dropped legs.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Found the video! (from my brother's perspective though, not mine) I found a bunch of funny videos and some boss kill videos, but no one wants to hear a bunch of nerds cheering and yelling so loud your ears bleed :P

This one's good though...we had just killed Gothik the Harvester for the first time and most the raid left (it was late), but the 10 or so of us left really wanted to see the 4 Horsemen, and here's our attempt to get to them:

[Michael] on
This discussion has been closed.