As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best Fight Stick?

Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punkhedge witchRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Games and Technology
Fight Sticks are apparently awesome.

I've been getting into Blazblue pretty heavily recently and I'm looking to up the ante by maybe investing money in a good one. I've heard wonderful things about both Hori and MadCatz' offerings, and I need a durable and precise PS3 fightstick. under $50 would be nice. If anyone cant point me in the way on this one it'd be much appreciated.

Also, this can be a general discussion thread about fight sticks once that question is answered.

Mortal Sky on

• Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You should have posted this earlier, Amazon had the TE Fightsticks on sale for $100 yesterday.

Also, forget about hori and the standard fighstick. Save up and get a TE.

Squirrel Rancher on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The best arcade stick is the one you build yourself. There's a thread in Moe's on this subject, I'll see if I can dig up the link.

edit: link: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=81347

feel free to bump the old thread if you're interested.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Check out LizardLick and pick up pretty much everything you need for a custom stick. To get uber fancy, check out this guy's custom cases from the SRK forums.

This is his website.

Basically, I plan on gutting out my SE, since I already replaced everything with Sanwa, and tossing the guts into one of these cases.

art2.jpg

If you plan on really going the distance, you might want to mod your stick for both 360 and PS3 usage. Here's the tutorial I used to mod mine.

Also, this would be a good time to start a thread about sticks. The subject is only lightly touched on in the SSF4 and BB threads.

I miss Guilty Gear...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You should have posted this earlier, Amazon had the TE Fightsticks on sale for $100 yesterday.

More like forget the TE and go for the Hori.

Besides, you can get a HRAP3 for $85 with free shipping instead of paying for $100 if you get it from this site.

http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/hori-pro-arcade-sticks-/list1.htm

If you want something under $50 though, the hori Fighting stick 3 is decent.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »

More like forget the TE and go for the Hori.

Besides, you can get a HRAP3 for $85 with free shipping instead of paying for $100 if you get it from this site.

Last I checked the HRAP3 still uses knockoff buttons, only the stick itself is Sanwa. If you're looking for a Hori stick with all Sanwa parts you have to buy one of the SA versions.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yep, or get the ones with seimitsu parts if they prefer seimitsu.

But for someone like the OP who's just getting into sticks, there's a high end version that's $15 cheaper. The buttons are still pretty good. If he wants to mod it later on it's pretty easy.

Oh yeah, just to amend what I said, if you still want a stick under $50, don't get the hori FS3, Get the madcatz SE if you plan to do any modding. The FS3 is doable but you need to know soldering.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I do know someone who spent about four years modding fight sticks for his sole source of income, so yeah. I'm thinking I might mod up a Hori with better parts and maybe dual system functionality, but I can see about other cases later wehn I have more time for research. Thanks for the input, guys.

Mortal Sky on