As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need help Picking a Motherboard

SajattackSajattack Registered User regular
My search for a motherboard with i7 support/usb 3.0/sata 6gbps/eSata/triple channel ddr3-2000 led me to the ASRock X58 Extreme 3. It looks great as far as I can tell. I'm not too familiar with ASRock though. Has anyone had problems with their products? Is there a better board with similar features and price on the market? Also, newegg doesn't mention a manufacturer warranty on it. What's that all about?

Sajattack on

• Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ASrock is an Asus spin off company. Their higher end boards are good but I'm not a fan of their low end stuff.

stigweard on
  • Options
    SajattackSajattack Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I found some vague warranty info on their website. It says talk to the retailer etc.
    ASRock provide 1 year warranty service to Authorized Distributor, users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy.
    Does this mean newegg can RMA it for a year?

Sajattack on
  • Options
    DarkwyndreDarkwyndre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131642&cm_re=asus_rampage_3-_-13-131-642-_-Product

This would be my recommendation honestly. Just put a rig together with this board and it does everything you want and then some.

Darkwyndre on
    Playstation Network ID : EasySleeze
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Asus makes amazing stuff and have great support. The best place I've found for reviews on these boards, by the way, is www.anandtech.com. Way better than Tom's Hardware.

You can also check out http://usa.asus.com to check their most current line-up.

Mugsley on
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sajattack wrote: »
    I found some vague warranty info on their website. It says talk to the retailer etc.
    ASRock provide 1 year warranty service to Authorized Distributor, users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy.
    Does this mean newegg can RMA it for a year?

I believe newegg does a three month warranty on certain items, you would have to check with them. Up until that point they will replace it. After that you need to speak with Asus.

Past experience, if there is a board problem, they might take the board under RMA but send it back as "refurbished" and kill off your warranty. (My problem was with a fancy new Abit board that had noise in the onboard sound due to their design. They took the board back, sent me a patched one and made my warranty 90 days long instead of the 11 months I should have had left.)

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy