As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Let's Play] Mass Effect 2 - Set 32 (7th Nov) Suicide Mission

• KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Adus wrote: »
    I'd be willing to do ME1 again for an LP but I own it on Xbox and I have no capture card. Unless someone wants to buy me the PC version!

If you happen to live in England, I have a PC copy that I can't use. It was purchased in anticipation of a PC upgrade that didn't happen. If it'll provide me with an entertaining Mass Effect LP - and if I can figure out the arcane laws governing the posting of packages through Royal Mail - I'd be happy to donate it.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Have you changed that ini setting yet eh

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have played through ME2 a couple times already and I am enjoying the crap out of this due to the sheer amount of british.

MoosehatIV on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    I'd be willing to do ME1 again for an LP but I own it on Xbox and I have no capture card. Unless someone wants to buy me the PC version!

If you happen to live in England, I have a PC copy that I can't use. It was purchased in anticipation of a PC upgrade that didn't happen. If it'll provide me with an entertaining Mass Effect LP - and if I can figure out the arcane laws governing the posting of packages through Royal Mail - I'd be happy to donate it.

Appreciate the offer, but nope, I am a filthy Americinian.

I'm not really convinced I could make it entertaining anyway.

Adus on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    New set uploaded.

TIM has poured near-infinite resources into resurrecting Shepard. But he can't be bothered to spend 1000 fuelling us up?

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kitsuna wrote: »

Appreciate the offer, but nope, I am a filthy Americinian.

I'm not really convinced I could make it entertaining anyway.

Ah, I feared as much. A pity that.

Oh well, I suppose I'd better get out of this thread. As much as I'd like follow this LP, I've finally succumbed to temptation and have just purchased an Xbox. Not surprisingly, the Mass Effect games are at the top of my 'To Play' list and I don't want to get spoiled on what's coming.

I promise I'll come back once I've played through them, though.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fun set! Looking forward to the next one.

Also going through the old Mirror's Edge LPs. Didn't seem like a good idea to resurrect that thread, so I'll just say it here; I really like them, and they make it so I don't ever have to play that game, which is ideal!

Didgeridoo on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MoosehatIV wrote: »
    I have played through ME2 a couple times already and I am enjoying the crap out of this due to the sheer amount of british.

What British?

Dhalphir on
    edited May 2010
    YouTube has finally relinquished its vile control on my My Videos page, so here's Set 4!

Bethryn on
  • XyyzXyyz Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Huh. I only just started watching from part one, and already this is proving to be an informative experience.

I had no idea you got Liara in the introduction if you romanced her, I had assumed it was always whoever you saved on Virmire.

Xyyz on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Didn't he say he didn't romance Liara and in fact hated her?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited May 2010
    That's Tali.

Bethryn on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    thank god i wasn't the only one who thought of zapp brannigan throughout that mission

waves after waves

Nuzak on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bethryn wrote: »
    That's Tali.

Man, all blue people look alike.

edit: So you're basically complaining about a snap-to cover system? Sometimes the opposite is not good either.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited May 2010
    Kind of ME2 ending spoilers
    I wonder how many people are going to get killed in his run

Why do I get the feeling it will be a bloodbath? I'm expecting a dead Tali at the very least!

Didgeridoo on
    edited May 2010
    edit: So you're basically complaining about a snap-to cover system? Sometimes the opposite is not good either.
    What kind of problems are you thinking of?

Take Modern Warfare's controls for example; I cannot think of anything wrong with them, and I believe they would function better than Mass Effect 2's in any given situation.

Bethryn on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Kind of ME2 ending spoilers
    I wonder how many people are going to get killed in his run

Why do I get the feeling it will be a bloodbath? I'm expecting a dead Tali at the very least!

We can only hope.
    That's Tali.

Man, all blue people look alike.

Tali's purple. And isn't jailbait. But is bitchy. And slightly less attractive with webbed feet.

I also kind of agree with his critique of the cover system. In some instances it can be easier to just run then click into cover, but frequently I find myself in a position where I want to strafe around cover crouched or at least while being more loosely connected to the cover without having to click, and finding myself slowed down and shot by whatever's coming at me, especially charging krogans or multiple YMIR mechs. They could have done a more fluid cover system more in line with modern FPS games.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited May 2010
    Only two weeks late (hey, it could've been a lot later, don't test me), here's Set 5.

Set 6 should be on its way soon.

Bethryn on
    edited May 2010
    Yay! :D Oooh, Kasumi mission, this should be fun

Didgeridoo on
    edited May 2010
    Yay combat!

Oh god too much combat!

Set 6.

Bethryn on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My favorite part about those volatile tanks on the wall is that I was playing an infiltrator my first time through. It said it'd need heavy weapons to damage it, so I pulled out the Widow...booooom.

Second time through, different class, tried all my weapons to no avail (think I was using arc projector as heavy), and then noticed for the first time that there was a cannon on hand.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited June 2010
    And we're back. Having defeated the attempts of my evil editing software to not start, I can now get back to fruitful xenocide and mercenaricide.

And hating on the ability design. Yeah, there's a lot of that in this set!

Set 7 - Died of a broken nose

Bethryn on
  • TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wanna watch this, really I do.......

But I wanna watch a Mass Effect 1 LP first...

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    TKane wrote: »

I... I just can't play it again. Aside from having playing it several times before, I just can't handle the way it plays compared to ME2.

As much as some of the ability design in ME2 bores me, I like the system as a whole better than that in ME1.

Bethryn on
    edited June 2010

I... I just can't play it again. Aside from having playing it several times before, I just can't handle the way it plays compared to ME2.

As much as some of the ability design in ME2 bores me, I like the system as a whole better than that in ME1.

I'm not blaming you. Just wishing someone else had done a ME1 LP already. Adus said he'd do it, but Steam doesn't seem to have Mass Effect anymore, and I don't know if I can gift a game through Direct2Drive.com.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    Steam doesn't seem to have Mass Effect anymore

Eh?

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited June 2010
    Steam doesn't seem to have Mass Effect anymore

Eh?

OH, BLOODY. I did a search for Mass Effect and it said no results. I even did a search for "Mass" and it still came back with nothing. Well, thanks. Now I feel like a 'tard. 'Cuse me while I put on my helmet and drool catcher, least I drown in my own saliva.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    Helmets are good for everyone, it's a dangerous world. :D

If you plan on gifting it, you might want to wait a bit. Steam is rolling right into another ridiculous salestravaganza, and it miiighht show up as a daily at some point. Probably not, because it was just on sale last week for $5, but you never know.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited June 2010
    Helmets are good for everyone, it's a dangerous world. :D

If you plan on gifting it, you might want to wait a bit. Steam is rolling right into another ridiculous salestravaganza, and it miiighht show up as a daily at some point. Probably not, because it was just on sale last week for $5, but you never know.

Nah. I'm gonna wait a bit. I'm already watching his set and he's caught me up on what's happened in ME1.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Goldhawk00Goldhawk00 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Awesome, another Let's Play to squander my time watching, thank you.

I'm not blaming you. Just wishing someone else had done a ME1 LP already. Adus said he'd do it, but Steam doesn't seem to have Mass Effect anymore, and I don't know if I can gift a game through Direct2Drive.com.

Well, there's this from Twenty Sided. It is like a LP but with extra commentators. I haven't watched the whole thing, but what I saw was decent if a little rough a first.

Goldhawk00 on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Whoops, I missed ME1 on sale or else I definitely would have picked it up for 5 dollars. Oh well. I honestly don't know how interesting I could make it anyway.

Adus on
    edited June 2010
    nice set! an increase in cliff-punting by about 400% by my estimates. makes the shooting go by better when you can hit a dude with a biotic golf-club

you need to get mordin next, we all know he's the best character in the game. even in gameplay terms he's awesome, he can get a 4 second cool-down on his cryo attack, which is brilliant

and the whole biotics not working on shields is kind of necessary given how stupid-powerful they are. it's basically abuse of the physics system to stun the fuck out of people and occasionally, drop them to their deaths or throw them into walls

i mean you yourself sent out like 3 throws on one guy, before he even got back up. if you could do that to any enemy in the game, regardless of shielding etc., it would be monstrously broken

the mass effect 1 solution was to not let you cast that fast, and instead just let you use a power every 60 seconds, which was less exciting. the mass effect 2 solution is to not let you use it on mooks until you have worn them down a bit. admittedly it places more stress on slightly shittier engineering powers, but it makes combat 50 times faster and more fluid. to me, the most efficient use of biotics is not to wear them all down and throw/shoot them all when they are undefended, but to wear one guy down, pull him over the rest, and warp detonate him, blasting all the others

still, how about a compromise as a solution? people with defenses take only half the damage to their health and get half as affected by biotic attacks like throw and pull.

Nuzak on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just edit the ini so biotics affect people all ze time 8D

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited June 2010
    surr, editing the ini is only for important business

not for cradling you like a baby to the teat of easy-mode

Nuzak on
    edited June 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    surr, editing the ini is only for important business

God damn. That is CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPY.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Goldhawk00Goldhawk00 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh good grief, more fuel for nightmares. Thank you.

Goldhawk00 on
    edited June 2010

slurp

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited June 2010
    Hm, missed this when it first updated! Fun set- and I'm with ya on the sniper team mates. Makes the game much easier, if that's what you're going for.

I echo Nuzak... Mordin woud be a fun set to do, and you have a full set of alien team mates to subject to the contamination zone!

Didgeridoo on
    edited June 2010
    Hm, missed this when it first updated! Fun set- and I'm with ya on the sniper team mates. Makes the game much easier, if that's what you're going for.

I echo Nuzak... Mordin woud be a fun set to do, and you have a full set of alien team mates to subject to the contamination zone!

So the plague is non-human only?

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010

So the plague is non-human only?

yeah, which is why everyone thinks humans caused it to kill batarians. which to be honest i would totally do, but somebody beat us too it, and mordin wouldn't come with unless we got rid of it.

Nuzak on