As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational [chat]

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Google Chrome is ridiculously fast.

I am amazed.

Can you use Ctrl-B for Bold and Ctrl-I for Italics and such yet?

Because not being able to do that was fucking annoying.
    No you cannot.

I'm still using Chrome despite how much I hate that, though, because that is a small price to pay to avoid the "Firefox crashes randomly" problem I was having.

Also it's just way faster.

It's become a matter of principle for me.

Sure, I could just hand-type my BB Code, but come on! This is basic stuff!
    Well okay then, but I hope you don't mind me saying that I think your principle is silly. :P

Most principles are :P

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    EU is gonna collapse.

Why do you say this?

He was dropped several times as a child.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/jeffrandall/7746806/Whatever-Germany-does-the-euro-as-we-know-it-is-dead.html

That article explains it pretty well: if the Euro dies (and it is close to dying), the EU dies with it, because the strongest link that is keeping it together right now is the common currency.

Also

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-05-14/euro-breakup-talk-increases-as-germany-sees-greece-becoming-currency-proxy.html

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    huh maybe i should not have posted in that fetish thread

the sheer popularity of fetishism on this forum is frankly puzzling to me. like, what is it about video game nerds interested in debate that maps over to sex kinks?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Okay this PC can't handle oblivion anymore

it never handled it great but now I get superslow slowdowns every half minute or so

but it's still so fun

thinking about buying the GOTY version for the xbox

does it come with plugins or just KOTN and Shivering?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    Google Chrome is ridiculously fast.

I am amazed.

Can you use Ctrl-B for Bold and Ctrl-I for Italics and such yet?

Because not being able to do that was fucking annoying.
    No you cannot.

I'm still using Chrome despite how much I hate that, though, because that is a small price to pay to avoid the "Firefox crashes randomly" problem I was having.

Also it's just way faster.

It's become a matter of principle for me.

Sure, I could just hand-type my BB Code, but come on! This is basic stuff!
    Well okay then, but I hope you don't mind me saying that I think your principle is silly. :P

i use IE7 at work and safari at home. i guess they do what i need them to

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    To anyone who was following my job hunt:
    I got the mo'fucking job!

what job is it again?

Computer Tech for a local networking company. I get an allowance towards a smart phone & data plan, and after 90 days it's 2 weeks paid vacation and 5 personal days.

nice!

what phone are you going to pick up?

Good question! I've only ever had second-hand Blackberries and they failed in short order. What's a good, rugged smartphone that comes kinda cheap?

TL DR on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

the sheer popularity of fetishism on this forum is frankly puzzling to me. like, what is it about video game nerds interested in debate that maps over to sex kinks?

I think the combination of *internet* and the generally laid back and slightly less judgemental than the rest of the internet atmosphere around here probably facilitates that kind of discussion.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Ghostbusters rocks.

Hey Will, I don't think you answered me yesterday, but do you work for Raytheon directly?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Hahahahah. Why would you even...

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    for the good of the economy, I have decided to subsidize any beautiful greek women ages 18-24 that wish to come live with me in new jersey.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

I think the combination of *internet* and the generally laid back and slightly less judgemental than the rest of the internet atmosphere around here probably facilitates that kind of discussion.

if anything, i think we're more judgemental on this forum than in the broad internet

i guess not so much with respect to sex kinks though

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    EU is gonna collapse.
    Woo back to getting real stamps when you cross the border!

Seriously that pissed me off.

"Americans?" *waves us through customs*

I demanded stamps.

In retrospect, it was probably stupid of me... but my passport should reflect how awesome my life has been.
    My passport is a memento. I got France, Switzerland, England and Germany before they all EU'd, then France after EU-ing because Nickie wanted a stamp, since it was her first time out of the country. Italy... Italy didn't even have customs agents. We landed in Italy and just walked out of the airport, we thought we had missed a line and were going to get arrested or something.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ghostbusters rocks.

Hey Will, I don't think you answered me yesterday, but do you work for Raytheon directly?

must have missed that. i do work for Raytheon directly. I'm at the woburn facility now, but previously worked in bedford, andover, and sudbury,

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Good question! I've only ever had second-hand Blackberries and they failed in short order. What's a good, rugged smartphone that comes kinda cheap?

I have no idea

I have only ever owned an iphone

I've had a 1G and a 3GS and enjoyed both, but the only real work I do on them is email/web stuff

so I dunno if there's something out there that would fit better what you need

when my current job offered me a phone I asked for a Droid with the physical keyboard, but our IT didn't support the OS yet :(

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Whoa what a dull name for a thread about whips and chains.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    To anyone who was following my job hunt:
    I got the mo'fucking job!

what job is it again?

Computer Tech for a local networking company. I get an allowance towards a smart phone & data plan, and after 90 days it's 2 weeks paid vacation and 5 personal days.

nice!

what phone are you going to pick up?

A new Blackberry can be pretty rugged. Our CEO just swapped out his several year old one and it looks like it's been carried through a war zone. But it works perfectly.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

the thread is just 4 pages of smug people in zipper masks patting each other on the backs and kicking around J for being autistic.

it was impossible not to post something. it was leering at me.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

if anything, i think we're more judgemental on this forum than in the broad internet

I feel like you could only say that if you hadn't visited the rest of the internet in awhile. This joint is pretty well moderated. You dickbags do a pretty good job. Well done.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

I have no idea

I've had a 1G and a 3GS and enjoyed both, but the only real work I do on them is email/web stuff

when my current job offered me a phone I asked for a Droid with the physical keyboard, but our IT didn't support the OS yet :(

I think they just want me to be able to answer emails in the field, so it doesn't need to be anything fancy.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ghostbusters rocks.

must have missed that. i do work for Raytheon directly. I'm at the woburn facility now, but previously worked in bedford, andover, and sudbury,

My grandfather worked for them for almost 40 years, I think. I think he worked at Woburn.

I don't know if you saw but amongst his belongings was a Sidewinder missile guidance chip from 1963 presented to 10,000 Raytheon employees when the missile was developed. It's in a glass case with his name and the date.

There's a picture of it up on my facebook.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

the thread is just 4 pages of smug people in zipper masks patting each other on the backs and kicking around J for being autistic.

that thread wants to put it in a butt, will

a butt

Elendil on
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think you can get palm pre's for like $50 or less now.

Smurph on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I feel like you could only say that if you hadn't visited the rest of the internet in awhile. This joint is pretty well moderated. You dickbags do a pretty good job. Well done.

i guess my view of the rest of the social internet is, like, facebook, youtube comments, SA, and, like, 4chan. my general impression is that people are so randomly vicious and puerile that there are basically no real social standards or concrete judgments/ criticisms, etc.

mostly this subforum in particular is full of nerds looking to score debate points by attacking someone else's thing.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ghostbusters rocks.

My grandfather worked for them for almost 40 years, I think. I think he worked at Woburn.

I don't know if you saw but amongst his belongings was a Sidewinder missile guidance chip from 1963 presented to 10,000 Raytheon employees when the missile was developed. It's in a glass case with his name and the date.

you are both evil government defense contractor employees! (or the second degree spawn thereof)

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

a butt

there is poop in there you know?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I have no idea

I think they just want me to be able to answer emails in the field, so it doesn't need to be anything fancy.

well, get the nicest phone your allowance will pay for, then :D

with the new iphone out, I bet the price on the 3GS has dropped if you're interested in that.

if not, a regular black berry with the rolly ball thing should be hella cheap

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ooooookay that was not a good decision

apparently my mouth still isn't ready to handle anything other than soup, even though i was getting dizzy from not really having anything of substance

oh well the veggie burger was yummy

Arch on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

a butt

there is poop in there you know?

are you scared of poop?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

i guess my view of the rest of the social internet is, like, facebook, youtube comments, SA, and, like, 4chan. my general impression is that people are so randomly vicious and puerile that there are basically no real social standards or concrete judgments/ criticisms, etc.

mostly this subforum in particular is full of nerds looking to score debate points by attacking someone else's thing.

Yeah, there's that, but that's people trying to score points in a game that doesn't exist. I think most people know enough to not take it personally.

Whereas half the time the rest of the internet is actively trying to talk you into committing suicide. Especially if you like weird stuff.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Arch wrote: »

apparently my mouth still isn't ready to handle anything other than soup, even though i was getting dizzy from not really having anything of substance

we told you not to suck Preacher's cock so much

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Arch wrote: »

imagine that I made a dick joke here and it was awesome.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ghostbusters rocks.

huh. that's pretty cool. the facility in andover does a lot more of the fabs and materials, and bedford did a little, so it's more likely that he worked at one of those. i did a little cruise missile work at a previous job, but am solely on radar duty at ratheon.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, what crazy timing for that thread considering I'm about to engage in D/S activities with someone later this evening.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Seriously Arch, when are you gonna learn to word things better?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, what crazy timing for that thread considering I'm about to engage in D/S activities with someone later this evening.

dick sucking

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    are you scared of poop?

i am definitely poop-averse

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    welp, now that someone made a terrible dick joke, its gonna be hard for arch to imagine an awesome one.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

co-op mario world, right?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

dick sucking
    It is unlikely that dick sucking will be involved, unless she has changed more in the last year than I'm expecting.

...on my part, at least. I suspect she will be doing some.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Seriously Arch, when are you gonna learn to word things better?

you say that like i don't do this intentionally

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.