As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Has Mario reached his peak ?

SieferSiefer Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Games and Technology
I have real
mo

Siefer on

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Three words:

Super Mario Supercluster.

Beat that.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Those links to your blog sure are subtle.

Also I don't think so. Nintendo are fantastic at taking an existing product and making it into something fantastic and new.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    They could build on Sunshine's structure, instead of taking a step backwards from 64 like they did with the Galaxy games.

jothki on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Play Super Mario Brothers Wii with four players.

Get dumped into a pit and then miss your penguin suit because somebody can't let go of the goddamn sprint button.

Invent new swearwords.

TADA INNOVATION!

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If they are able to use the same sort of game style and concept for two separate games, and yet give us 120 unique challenges in each, with a majority of the challenges doing something pretty creative...why in the world would you assume they've reached the end of the line?

It's like saying, well, now that we've made songs featuring every good-sounding chord at least once, now that we've used every key on the piano, it's all downhill from here!

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Can't you just put a link to your blog in your sig or something? This is like the 4th time you've done this.

edit: in fact it's all you've posted!

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    no, you have to hold the button down longer.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I didn't read your post or click your links, but no, he hasn't. I think Galaxy is done now, two games was enough and there's no need to keep revisiting that idea. They should definitely hold off on the next proper 3D Mario until next gen, and I'd like to see something a little more adventure-ish next time. Revisit Mushroom Kingdom and other countries or whatever, SMB3-style. No more magical paintings or floating islands, but some actual real scenery. I don't want it to be a full open world game or anything, but a sense of actually playing in a real world would be a nice change of pace. I think Nintendo can come up with enough new ideas to keep it fresh, and all of the 3D Marios so far have just been disparate levels attached together by a hub world, so this would be a pretty big change.

Zek on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Zek wrote: »
    I didn't read your post or click your links, but no, he hasn't. I think Galaxy is done now, two games was enough and there's no need to keep revisiting that idea. They should definitely hold off on the next proper 3D Mario until next gen, and I'd like to see something a little more adventure-ish next time. Revisit Mushroom Kingdom and other countries or whatever, SMB3-style. No more magical paintings or floating islands, but some actual real scenery. I don't want it to be a full open world game or anything, but a sense of actually playing in a real world would be a nice change of pace. I think Nintendo can come up with enough new ideas to keep it fresh, and all of the 3D Marios so far have just been disparate levels attached together by a hub world, so this would be a pretty big change.

Merging the 3D games with the Mario and Luigi RPGs would be amazing.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's indeed suspect. Put the first sentence of that post into Google.

It's been posted across several boards.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    ZedarZedar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think it's a bit silly to say "well, this is the best mario game ever, and I can't think of any new ways to improve it, so surely nintendo can't either." I mean, before galaxy came out did anyone envision improving Mario in this direction? I don't think anyone can predict what will emerge from Nintendo next, but there is a good chance we will see this kind of post again saying how mario has peaked and nobody can beat the new iteration's gameplay.

Zedar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2010
    If you want to make a thread without the incredibly unsubtle linkbuilding attempts you can go ahead. We do not exist for you to pimp out your blog.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.