As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational [chat]

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Johannen wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    If you're going to shave your junk, male or female junk, for the first few times absolutely always have running water and shave with the hairs.

it is 1000x easier if you just always do it in the bath

Oh hell no, unless you have a shower in the bath and you don't mean lying underwater and shaving. Having hairs floating up in a bath and the water itself distorting the view and using the razor underwater and not being able to keep shaving foam or what have you on your bits is wrong, just pure wrong.

years of experience can't be wrong

Senjutsu on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Corbius wrote: »
    Sarksus if you want to lead [chat] down this path of "God pineapple on pizza is so terrible abloo bloo bloo" I will break out my Korean pizza pictures again.

korea fighting!

ps it doesnt count until you buy and consume one

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    And Arivia, as long as you are working towards your goals then there's nothing to beat yourself up for.

I know, just frustrated. Sooooo frustrated. Ugh.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Man, I wish my building had squash/racquetball courts.

The closest thing I have is the tennis courts down by the lake.

I have tennis courts right outside my apartment, there are the two pools, the volleyball court and the gym.

Thomamelas on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    main character and a guy she met at the grocery store: first names only when they introduce themselves at their second meeting is appropriate, right? informal setting?

edit: this is Cara and Paul, same book I've been discussing in [chat] off and on for the past few months

Face-to-face it would make sense to use first names conversationally if it's not a professional setting.

Leaving a voicemail or email or something, one would still use the full name as you don't want to assume the other person only knows one person with your first name.

well yeah but I mean first name only versus first+last

I'm thinking that people would not use last names here, not until they know each other better, but I'm not sure

I guess maybe more context would help?
    Okay, suppressing Pony syndrome:
    Paul helps Cara load dog food into her cart the first week. She takes that dog food to her friend's sick aunt's apartment, and she tells that friend about meeting Paul. Karen encourages her to get to know Paul better, and the following week she spots him in the canned soup aisle. She mentions that she didn't catch his name last time, and they exchange names. I think in this situation they wouldn't bother with last names.

Captain Carrot on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pineapples are not edible.

Thanatos on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus if you want to lead [chat] down this path of "God pineapple on pizza is so terrible abloo bloo bloo" I will break out my Korean pizza pictures again.

I will persevere against your unwholesome pizza.

Sarksus on
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If you're going to shave your junk, male or female junk, for the first few times absolutely always have running water and shave with the hairs.

it is 1000x easier if you just always do it in the bath

Oh hell no, unless you have a shower in the bath and you don't mean lying underwater and shaving. Having hairs floating up in a bath and the water itself distorting the view and using the razor underwater and not being able to keep shaving foam or what have you on your bits is wrong, just pure wrong.

years of experience can't be wrong

You ever shaved a womans? It's a little trickier than ours, even with the balls and such, which I find to be the easiest bit of shaving mine.
    Because I had mine botoxed and pumice stone smoothe....... they're like giant oval pearls.

Johannen on
    edited June 2010
    you people have terrible taste in pizza

Senjutsu on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    having a gym in the building will really change how i go about procrastinating from going to the gym

Evil Multifarious on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I lost 40lbs and ate pizza once a week pretty much the whole time

greenpepper and onions, dogg

I hate green peppers. I once got the most severe food poisoning from a pepper sandwich at Trader Joe's that I couldn't keep anything down for 3 days. I was almost hospitalized.

Wait a minute...

Severe food poisoning is the gateway to weightloss
    This is true! Just by voiding your entire digestive system, you can lose anywhere from 5-10 pounds.

I know this because, the last time I got food poisoning I also got curious as to just how much I was about to puke and crap out, and I weighed myself right before the first hurl.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Baths are disgusting. Laying in the water, soaking in your own filth.

you must be gross

Casual Eddy on
    edited June 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Man, I wish my building had squash/racquetball courts.

The closest thing I have is the tennis courts down by the lake.
    I have tennis courts right outside my apartment, there are the two pools, the volleyball court and the gym.
    Yeah, I just have the lake and the community center.

Though, you can swim in the lake during the summer. And there are volleyball courts, baseball fields, soccer fields, etc. I should probably take up some sport or something.

Thanatos on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    I am sorry to hear about your breakup Ellie, although you didn't sound too happy with the course of things
    This was the first time that things really came to this sort of a head and I truly became discontent. I think I had either been complacent because I know he's not in the best place and figured he would come around, or because I felt I couldn't do better.

I don't think I can do better, to be honest. I think it will be years before I find another man dumb enough to be in a relationship with me. Yes, I know if I display this attitude, that will be true. But if you can't engage in a self-hate fest online where no one can see that face you make when you're trying not to cry, then where can you?

I'll be putting on my "confident single lady" face Thursday and will party to excess clear through Sunday. I will be okay. Or at least look the part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I
    heres some gloria gaynor for you

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited June 2010
    you must be gross
    I take showers. The filth goes down the drain.

Thanatos on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    main character and a guy she met at the grocery store: first names only when they introduce themselves at their second meeting is appropriate, right? informal setting?

edit: this is Cara and Paul, same book I've been discussing in [chat] off and on for the past few months

Face-to-face it would make sense to use first names conversationally if it's not a professional setting.

Leaving a voicemail or email or something, one would still use the full name as you don't want to assume the other person only knows one person with your first name.

well yeah but I mean first name only versus first+last

I'm thinking that people would not use last names here, not until they know each other better, but I'm not sure

I guess maybe more context would help?
    Okay, suppressing Pony syndrome:
    Paul helps Cara load dog food into her cart the first week. She takes that dog food to her friend's sick aunt's apartment, and she tells that friend about meeting Paul. Karen encourages her to get to know Paul better, and the following week she spots him in the canned soup aisle. She mentions that she didn't catch his name last time, and they exchange names. I think in this situation they wouldn't bother with last names.

I would say that sounds right.

I could see it going either way, but adding the last name might seem awkward.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    edited June 2010
    malformed URLs in this thread

Senjutsu on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Blarrrgh. Bored.
    Erlands? :winky:

Elendil on
    edited June 2010
    malformed URLs in this thread

It's obscene.

Sarksus on
    edited June 2010
    It is time to go to bed, where I shall get the shaving razor and my picture of Senj...... mmmmmmmmmm.

Johannen on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2010
    sigh

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Elki wrote: »
    sigh

gulp

Johannen on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elki wrote: »
    sigh

gulp

Boom

Thomamelas on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    obviously sleep is not for me tonight.

blergh.

BobCesca on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    you must be gross

I'm never covered in filth. When I get out a bath the water is clear because I'm never covered in filth.

If I were covered in mud I might not take a bath.

If I were really worried about it I could take a 10 second shower before I fill up the tub.

Casual Eddy on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am sorry to hear about your breakup Ellie, although you didn't sound too happy with the course of things
    This was the first time that things really came to this sort of a head and I truly became discontent. I think I had either been complacent because I know he's not in the best place and figured he would come around, or because I felt I couldn't do better.

I don't think I can do better, to be honest. I think it will be years before I find another man dumb enough to be in a relationship with me. Yes, I know if I display this attitude, that will be true. But if you can't engage in a self-hate fest online where no one can see that face you make when you're trying not to cry, then where can you?

I'll be putting on my "confident single lady" face Thursday and will party to excess clear through Sunday. I will be okay. Or at least look the part.
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Single now?
    Yep.

Game over.

Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

::spray binaca in mouth::

So...what are you doing this weekend?

Jokerman on
    edited June 2010
    It is time to go to bed, where I shall get the shaving razor and my picture of Senj...... mmmmmmmmmm.

hawt

Senjutsu on
    edited June 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

blergh.

Insomnia for the win!

Thomamelas on
    edited June 2010

blergh.

how many of those sword of truth novels are you going to subject yourself to?

Senjutsu on
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wouldn't worry about not finding another boyfriend ever Ellie. If you hang around [chat] long enough one of us pathetic nerd losers will willingly become your man-slave and obey your every wish.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
    edited June 2010

blergh.

Yeah seriously, watching them pop up on Twitter is painful to me.

Sarksus on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    you must be gross

I'm never covered in filth. When I get out a bath the water is clear because I'm never covered in filth.

If I were covered in mud I might not take a bath.

If I were really worried about it I could take a 10 second shower before I fill up the tub.
    you're covered in filth all the time

everyone is

we are all wrapped in shells of death and decay

Elendil on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Best remedy for breakups.

Or, atleast the one I use.

although drinking is my go-to problem remover for everything

anyway

ever feel like visiting Norway?

EDIT: Also crying could be a good idea it releases delicious endorphins

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

I was hoping for something a bit more Beyoncé, but my relationship is dead as disco, so Gloria is definitely more appropriate. Thanks.

Joker: Cute. How you doin'?

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Severe food poisoning is the gateway to weightloss

this is so true

I pray every day that this bit of chicken will be the one to leave me shitting out thirty pounds in a week

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wouldn't worry about not finding another boyfriend ever Ellie. If you hang around [chat] long enough one of us pathetic nerd losers will willingly become your man-slave and obey your every wish.

i can get behind this

mind you i'm pretty big on the slave part

who's in

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Single now?
    Yep.

Game over.

Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

::spray binaca in mouth::

So...what are you doing this weekend?

Jokerman on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Blarrrgh. Bored.
    Erlands? :winky:

I thought you'd never ask!

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited June 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

I was hoping for something a bit more Beyoncé, but my relationship is dead as disco, so Gloria is definitely more appropriate. Thanks.

Joker: Cute. How you doin'?

A lot better now beautiful
    :winky:

Jokerman on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

blergh.

I think I'm finished. I honestly can't stand to read anymore of it.

BobCesca on
This discussion has been closed.