As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Les Phalles? Send me Char PMs.

FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understandingGNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
We are currently figuring out whether this can be saved, or I should start over (if we do, send me your character PMs so I don't have to write them again) If we restart, I can easily shuffle things around, make it easier for everyone to understand, and clarify a few roles. Also some people might be leaving/coming in.

The year is 179-. The Royal Treasury is empty. Food prices are through the roof. The people have declared that they deserve representation and power in government, creating the National Assembly. Distrust and paranoia permeate the Parisan streets. In the midst of this, 3 major political factions begin to gain power among the people: The Jacobins, The Girondins, and The Hebertists, each trying to jockey for the best position while also attempting to win freedom for the French Downtrodden (colloquially called Les Miserables) from the Royalists. Suddenly, terrible news runs through the city like fire: General Lamarck, the last of Louis XVI's inner circle who gave a damn about the people is dead. The last hope of a peaceful Republic is dashed. Riots break out. Fighting erupts in the streets. The Royal Family is forced to flee. Barricades are erected, blocking off streets and neighborhoods. We focus our attention on the neighborhood of Les Phalles, on the street of the same name, and the barricade that has adopted that name as well. Rumors abound of Royalist spies or hard line Jacobin or Girondin fanatics or maybe even something else among the people, carting them off to be guillotined. No one knows who to trust, or where to defend from. Fear and paranoia are the order of the day. Who will survive these terrible days? That's for you to decide. Bienvenue à Les Phalles.

DO NOT USE THE NAMES I GAVE YOU IN THIS THREAD

Please do not delete your PMs until the game is over.

First vote is counted tomorrow

My gtalk is christocbd in case anyone is interested

The New Voting Mechanic:

First, for someone to die, they must be in Jail.

To put someone in Jail, you vote (in some green) I !Vote [Name] for Jail

The three most popular votes will be put in jail. The jail only holds seven at any given time. If more than 7 are put in jail, the ones that have been in the longest are set free. Also, you can vote someone out of jail using the same mechanism as blocking a vote, but I !vote to free [name]

Once someone is in jail, the next night they can be Guillotined.

Like so: I !Vote [Name] for the chop/guillotine/execution

You can also block votes for jail or for the guillotine, like this:

I !Block [Name] from jail/death

To block a vote, a majority by at least half again must vote to block (except in some special cases, which are secret)

You cannot block your own death or vote for your unjailing. You can vote to block your jailing, however

Some special abilities will be known to the users. Others will be revealed through the course of the game.

The goal of the for factions is to gain dominance over the other three.

The downtrodden win if every faction has been dwindled down to less than half. They must also be in the majority by the end

PLAYER LIST

1. visiblehowl
2. Smasher
3. Gnasty
4. Gundam470
5. FunkyWaltDogg
6. Elendil
7. DrinkinStout
8. Elkamil
9. Hakkekage
10. Titmouse
11. Tuxkamen
12. Celebrim
13. Bad Kitty
14. an_alt
15. PsychoLarry1
16. Variable
17. UnearthlyStew
18. VishNub
19. ElJeffe
20. Oboro
21. Bitstream
22. Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
23. Thorgot
24. Buzz Buzz
25. Ardor
26. GrimmyTOA
27. GrundlTerror
28. Frosteey
29. Aldo
30. Rygar
31. precisionk
32. tofu
33. Senor Fish
34. Kilnaga
35. Munkus Beaver
36. Andrew_Jay
37. Drez
38. Digger Dude
39. Cantide
40. TehSpectre
41. Plutonium
42. AcidSerra
43. frandelgearslip
44. Kusuguttai
45. Casual Eddy
46. Saburbia
47. Dynagrip

Fencingsax on

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !vote Rygar for jail.

VishNub on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That's pretty sketchy.

I !vote VishNub for jail.

Also, can we please use ANYTHING besides Blue? Honestly, nothing hurts my eyes more. Black is also rather hard to read.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is the first phalla ever where I had to look at my role twice just to even be sure what role I was.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm still not sure what my role is.

Gorilla Salad on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm still not sure :(

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    That's pretty sketchy.

Also, can we please use ANYTHING besides Blue? Honestly, nothing hurts my eyes more. Black is also rather hard to read.

As someone who browsed the Phalla which I can only imagine spurred that vote, I don't find it sketchy in the least.

Frosteey on
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You know what your role is? Lucky.

Celebrim on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Let's get a chain going here.

I !Vote Drez for Jail

Smasher on
    edited May 2007
    I !vote Smasher for Jail

Gorilla Salad on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Do you hear the people sing?
    Singing the song of angry men.
    It is the music of a people
    who will not be slaves again!

When the beating of your heart
    echoes the beating of the drum
    there is a life about to start
    When tomorrow comes!

Plutonium on
    edited May 2007
    Wow, between this and Phallanoia, this is a tremendous day for the opening of Phallas.

Frosteey on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !vote Senor Fish for Jail

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    That's pretty sketchy.

As someone who browsed the Phalla which I can only imagine spurred that vote, I don't find it sketchy in the least.

What Phalla was that?

Drez on
    edited May 2007
    That's pretty sketchy.

What Phalla was that?

The one where Rygar gained his reputation. Castle Phalla, I think?

Frosteey on
    edited May 2007
    That's pretty sketchy.

What Phalla was that?

Castle, Cass/Sab's. He basically made things up to implicate me as being a villain. Things which he a) couldn't have known and b) Were false and c) I was the seer. So, fuck that guy. I'll be voting for him until he dies.

VishNub on
    edited May 2007
    That one was really fun to read.

Plutonium on
    edited May 2007
    VishNub wrote: »
    That's pretty sketchy.

What Phalla was that?

Castle, Cass/Sab's. He basically made things up to implicate me as being a villain. Things which he a) couldn't have known and b) Were false and c) I was the seer. So, fuck that guy. I'll be voting for him until he dies.

Interesting. I'll have to read it.

Drez on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Okay, instead of blue use a pink

Your side should have been at the bottom of the PM.

I'm going to say this now, very few of you will know what abilities, if any, you have.

Fencingsax on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !vote Grundlterror for jail.

Am I doing this right?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I too vote Smasher for jail. If I recall correctly, he came here bearing the signs of royal court, only to quickly shed them as he strode through the door.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited May 2007
    Will you join in our crusade?
    Who will be strong and stand with me?
    Beyond the barricade,
    is there a world you long to see?

Then join in the fight
    that will give you the right
    to be free!

Will you give all you can give
    so that a banner may advance?
    Some will fall and some will live,
    will you stand up and take your chance?
    The blood of the martyrs will water the meadows of France!

Plutonium on
    edited May 2007
    I too vote Smasher for jail. If I recall correctly, he came here bearing the signs of royal court, only to quickly shed them as he strode through the door.
    You screwed it up.

Gorilla Salad on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I'm going to say this now, very few of you will know what abilities, if any, you have.
    So then specials won't know that they're specials?

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    You screwed it up.

Huh? Care to explain?

Unearthly Stew on
    edited May 2007

The fact that you don't know whether you do is strongly suspicious now...

Frosteey on
    edited May 2007
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    You screwed it up.

Huh? Care to explain?
    We were all voting for the last person to vote someone into jail. Vishnub votes, then drez goes for him, smasher goes for drez, I go for smasher, and fwd goes for me. You were supposed to go after FWD.

Gorilla Salad on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

For the most part, yes.

Fencingsax on
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As my opening move I shall !vote Drez to jail.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    edited May 2007
    You can use different shades of the color if you want. Also, feedback on anything would be kind of nice, either here, or after it's all over would probably be smarter.

Fencingsax on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Royals and rich boys, the lot of them should rot in prison! Paris is turning bottoms-up, and I'll not stand for any of this elite scum trampling me or anyone else underfoot just because it's "too much trouble" to pay them a mind! What sort of revolution is this, enacted by and large by men with printing presses and students paid out the pockets of the very ones they turn against?

The whole lot of the city will burn, and the only bodies that'll get pulled out will have faces no one's paid any mind to since the start of it. It's a sin and a shame, and all the while I'm to sit here on the side while the men go off to barricades and guillotines. What a joke!

I've need of able-bodied men to do my will, since a woman's will still counts for so little in these times. Leave a post on the board of my landlord's house if you are interested-- I ain't have much to pay you with, but there'll be plunder yet to come, and I've been told my company is especially pleasant.

Oboro on
    words
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So what time are the votings going to be closed at? Unless I missed it or something.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited May 2007
    Voting closes at midnight Eastern time tomorrow.

Also, in case you missed it, please use forum names, not the names I gave you. This way I can be specific when talking about characters while still remaining anonymous, while it also doesn't bugger you lot over.

Fencingsax on
    edited May 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    Royals and rich boys, the lot of them should rot in prison! Paris is turning bottoms-up, and I'll not stand for any of this elite scum trampling me or anyone else underfoot just because it's "too much trouble" to pay them a mind! What sort of revolution is this, enacted by and large by men with printing presses and students paid out the pockets of the very ones they turn against?

The whole lot of the city will burn, and the only bodies that'll get pulled out will have faces no one's paid any mind to since the start of it. It's a sin and a shame, and all the while I'm to sit here on the side while the men go off to barricades and guillotines. What a joke!

I've need of able-bodied men to do my will, since a woman's will still counts for so little in these times. Leave a post on the board of my landlord's house if you are interested-- I ain't have much to pay you with, but there'll be plunder yet to come, and I've been told my company is especially pleasant.
    Ahh, the mistress of the house, I presume. Nice to meet you, Madame Thénardier.

Edit: Permit me to post some more lyrics. Take it as my version of the book of rage, though it's not actually mandated by my role or anything.

Welcome Monsiour, sit yourself down,
    and meet the best innkeeper in town

As for the rest, all of them crooks,
    rooking the guests and cooking the books.

Seldom do you see honest men like me.
    A gent of good intent, who's content to be.

Master of the house, doling out the charm
    Ready with a handshake, and an open palm.

Tells a saucy tale, makes a little stir.
    Customers appreciate a bon viveur.

Glad to do a friend a favor. Doesn't cost me to be nice.
    But nothing gets you nothing, everything has got a little price.

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo.
    Ready to relieve 'em of a suit or two.

Watering the wine, making up the weight.
    Picking up their nik-knacks when they can't see strait.

Everybody loves a landlord, everybody's bosom friend.
    I do whatever pleases, Jesus won't I bleed them in the end.

Master of the house, quick to catch your eye.
    Never wants a passerby to pass him by.
    Servant to the poor, butler to the great,
    Confidant philosopher and lifelong mate.
    Everybody's boon companion, everybody's chaperone.
    But lock up your valises, Jesus won't I skin you to the bone.

Plutonium on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    General Lamarck didn't die until the 1800's. The royalists are the monsters, right?

Couscous on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Don't insult me. The Thénardier family was purged from their house and set to the streets some weeks past, if I have heard correctly. My landlord, you may also notice, is not the vision of excess that Thénardier was, either.

I work for a more exacting establishment, and though my face is not familiar, perhaps other assets of mine may be? We are in need of voices and arms the same as any, however, and in these coming days you may simply call me Las Reine des Rats-de-Rue.

That is 'the Queen of the Street Rats', for those of you who do not believe a women of my profession may also be educated. In the interest of preserving my casual appeal, however, you may simply address me as Madame Reine.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance, pig.

Oboro on
    words
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !zap Oboro!

tofu on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What is the win condition for both sides?

Couscous on
    edited May 2007
    Really. Vote for Rygar, guys, before he turns on you.

VishNub on
  • Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Gah! You know how hard it is to stop myself from reading like every single article related to the Reign of Terror and Les Mis?

Bad Kitty on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Quick question, I'm just hopping in and out here...busy day.

Is it one block vote per day, or can each person vote for a block on guillotining and a block on jailing? I didn't really see this answered in the OP, but I think it's one block vote total.

Buzz Buzz on
This discussion has been closed.