As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guyRegistered User regular
edited December 2010 in Games and Technology
It's official. We have a new PA Bad Company 2 server. Make sure to add it to your favorites list. We are now running all 3 map types. If 12 or fewer people are on the server, the map type will be Squad Death Match. Once 13 people are on the server it will switch to Conquest/Rush. Currently Conquest has 65% ticket count and 85% bleed rate. Rush has 90% ticket count. Tanks are disabled on Squad Death Match. Rush, Conquest and Squad Death Match have have 10 second spawn times.

Get in vent if you are playing!
IP: 69.174.244.173
Port: 19577
Search "Penny Arcade Public Server"

PA people should use PA as their clan tag. You might get kicked or harassed if you don't.

Fill out the following Google form to be added to the PA reserved slot list. I update the list about once a week.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dDhmVkhncU1hS01MSmhrTVpzeWo0LVE6MQ#gid=0

btn_donate_LG.gif

VENT INFO
IP: 69.12.36.171
Port: 2377

Latest Patch Notes 11-30-10
VIP Map Pack 7 coming out on 12-1-10
- Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.

- Fixed an issue where the Bullet Tracers wouldn't display

- Fixed an issue where Play Now wouldn't work

- Added Ticket Count for Conquest end of round.

- Added the server info to the objectives screen.

The Vietnam Expantion will be out of the 18th for Steam users and the 21st for everyone else.
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/11/30/release-dates-set-for-vip-map-pack-7-and-battlefield-bad-company-2-vietn.aspx

Preventing you from getting yelled at in 9 Minutes

PC System Requirements!
[B]Minimum Frostbite PC Specs[/B]
    * Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
    * Main memory: 2GB
    * Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
    * Graphics memory: 256MB
    * Free HDD space:
          o 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
          o 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943) 

[B]Recommended Frostbite PC Specs[/B]
    * Processor: Quadcore
    * Main memory: 2GB
    * Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
    * Graphics memory: 512MB
    * Free HDD space:
          o 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
          o 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943) 

Game Modes
Single-player
There is single player! In a battlefield game! Weird, I know!

Squad Rush: 4v4
Each team has an M-COMM station. Kind of like CTF but the flags don't move.

Squad Death-Match: 4v4v4v4
Played on a smaller map, this is just a straight up team-dm with a single vehicle dropped in the centre to fight over. Get your mates, grab your guns and start shooting.

Conquest: 16v16 PC, 12v12 PS3/360
A Battlefield mainstay, this mode makes its return here. No major changes announced, and there've been hints at classic maps making reappearances as DLC.

Rush: 16v16 PC, 12v12 PS3/360
Players choose to join either the Attacking team or the Defending team, and spawn in their respective bases. Attackers try to set up demolition charges on a set of 2 M-COMM crates in the Defending team's base. For each Attacker killed, the team loses one life, or "ticket." If the Attacking team's tickets run out, game over. If they manage to detonate the M-COMM's, a new Defending team base opens up, and the process repeats itself until three bases have been destroyed and the Attackers win.

Kits (Loadouts)
Assault
The basic offensive loadout. Main features are an ammo box that replenishes ammo when dropped, and a 40mm launcher that can be used for grenades, smoke grenades, or a slow-reloading shotgun attachment. Assault Rifles are the Assault's main primary weapon. Against vehicles, the Assault will generally not fare so well.

Medic
Similar to the Assault's ammo box, the medic gets a first aid kit. Once dropped, it will replenish health to everyone within a fairly tight radius. The medic also gets defib paddles, which can resurrect recently deceased teammates. These teammates, still caught in the limbo of the spawn timer, will be marked on your minimap (and on screen if HUD is enabled) by a little green or blue heart-rate monitor symbol. The medic's primary is the Light Machine Gun, making him great for infantry support. Against vehicles, though, he is worse off than the Assault.

Engineer
The engineer's specials are a welding tool that repairs friendly vehicles (and deals damage to enemies!), and the choice between RPG's or anti-tank mines. RPG's have the added benefit of being able to lock onto anything that has already been marked by the cross-kit unlock tracer dart pistol, while anti-tank mines will not harm friendly vehicles and stay deployed even after you die or switch kits. Engineer's primaries are Sub Machine Guns, generally pretty weak but also silenced and fairly accurate.

Recon
The recon's specials are a choice between remote-detonated C4 and the ability to call down a mortar strike on a target with which you have line-of-sight. They also gets the incredibly useful motion sensor thing, which spots all enemies within a decent radius for a limited time. The recon's primaries are sniper rifles. Also it can't be overstated how much proper hiding will help you in this: people will walk within 2 feet of you if you're in the right bush, the ghillie suit is your friend.

Smoke weed, play BC2. DO IT

UAV Controls Un-Invert
airinput1.jpg
If you swap [the red underlined] value the UAV and the helicopters will be the same inversion. To find these values, please refer to CarbonFire's turret fix.

Signatures
http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sigg-o-matic.php

I need some banners to run on the server.

Weapon Stats
http://battlefieldbadass.com/equipment/

More indepth information
http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/
http://rigel.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/90/90f94d16f127c0b75021ad27ceeeadf89dbdafb9.png
http://bfbc2info.blogspot.com/

Changing FOV
FOV (Field of View) determines how much of your surrounding area you can see without turning.
http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

Flying a Helicopter

That_Guy on

• DarkBridgeDarkBridge Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I booted up Steam this morning and saw the patch start downloading, I haven't played this game in a month or two. Nice to see Dice is continuing to support it.
    Question:
    Whatever happened to BF1943 for the PC?

DarkBridge on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    GIVE ME MY BADGES DICE

L|ama on
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DarkBridge wrote: »
    Question:
    Whatever happened to BF1943 for the PC?

Indefinitely delayed, last official word that I can remember was August 2009.

She's dead, Jim.

Suriko on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    guess ill start playin this again

M.D. on
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Okay I take that back. Supposedly it's releasing on the 9th of July, along with XBLA and PSN releases.

The total lack of marketing for it though is very odd indeed. There is absolutely nothing about the release around other than that page.

Suriko on
  • DarkBridgeDarkBridge Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Suriko wrote: »
    Okay I take that back. Supposedly it's releasing on the 9th of July, along with XBLA and PSN releases.

The total lack of marketing for it though is very odd indeed. There is absolutely nothing about the release around other than that page.

Hooray!
    I loved the original 1942, I ran out of patience and bought the PS3 version of 1943 when it came out last year knowing full well I'd also buy the PC version later.
    Not to say BF2 and BC2 haven't been fun, but sometimes I just like the weapons to be a little more crude.

DarkBridge on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    blue dotting this bitch

also, they broke the mortar.

Warcry on
  • ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    blue dotting this bitch

Did they break it, like it wont go off now?

Or do you not like that you have to hold the zoom toggle while holding fire to fire it?

Arlington on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I played for about 10 minutes this morning before work. They have made some good improvements here. My favorite change thus far is the server queueing system. I would have to say it is better than Vavle's at this point. Now there is a real line. First come first served. No more getting jumped by someone spamming this join button. I can't wait to see how the kick on demand list works. The toggle crouch toggle is a little buggy and Carbonfire's input fix broke a few things. From what I can tell, though, this fix will still help with the tanks. The turret is so slooooooooooow without it. I really didn't get a chance to try out many of the weapons, but I don't really feel much of a diference in the AN94's handling or performance. I am going to have to check out that MG3 tonight when I get home. I can't wait.

I will be getting home tonight at around 7pm EDT. I expect you all to be there too. We have to fill the server with PA people for once. If we can do it with TF2, we can do it with BC2.

That_Guy on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    MG3 is like spitting hot lava at people. It's fucking terrifying.

Warcry on
  • SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    They seemed to have increase the overall volume of C4's arming, making it nigh impossible to ambush tanks now. And on C4's, the old C4's not arming when you use them still exists. I actually experienced it in around 15 minutes of playing.

Also, I've lost the ability to see what kind of kits I'm picking up. Which is frustrating as hell. And the reload seems to stick on my screen even after reloading.

Revive and Squad Spawn Invulnerability are still there.

They made the Atacama Desert UAV console hidden now, which is nice, but they didn't change it on any of the other maps that have consoles out in the open.

Sigtyr on
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ach, why did this finally drop when I'm busy all evening :< I will most certainly be down for some domed angriness tomorrow though.

Most of the patch changes look really good. I feel slightly sad that the ones I'm most excited for are the server functionality improvements. Not so sure about the hitbox fix (pleasedonthitmeWarcry), seems like a bit of a fudge just to make it bigger. I frequently scamper for cover under fire, which under this patch would basically make me a big (literally) fat bullet magnet.

Campy on
  • KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    blue dotting this bitch

BLUE DOT UP IN HURRRR

Mortar takes a shitload to arm, man.

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    so excited to come back to this game, I'd basically quit when I heard they were patching in points after death.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So is there much PA love for the 360 version, or should I put on my boots and walk on outta here?

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited June 2010
    Campy wrote: »
    Ach, why did this finally drop when I'm busy all evening :< I will most certainly be down for some domed angriness tomorrow though.

Most of the patch changes look really good. I feel slightly sad that the ones I'm most excited for are the server functionality improvements. Not so sure about the hitbox fix (pleasedonthitmeWarcry), seems like a bit of a fudge just to make it bigger. I frequently scamper for cover under fire, which under this patch would basically make me a big (literally) fat bullet magnet.

*hits Campy*

the hit detection is great now.

Also I killed a guy at like 15m with my 40mm shotgun in one hit.
    it was amazing

Warcry on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Would you like to update to the latest version?"

Yes, yes I think I would.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    As the new patch has added whitelist support, I would ask you all to help us get together a whitelist. I started a list for you to add your BC2 soldier name to.

http://notepub.com/?note=40479

That_Guy on
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Isn't EDT GMT -4?

EST would be GMT -5.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    As the new patch has added whitelist support, I would ask you all to help us get together a whitelist. I started a list for you to add your BC2 soldier name to.

Put myself on the list. Was it really necessary for me to have yet another site login for something I'll never use again? Whatever.

I left my computer on last night and didn't notice any patch update, and then I very stupidly turned my computer off this morning.

El Guaco on
    edited June 2010
    hopefully this thread will populate again :>

Warcry on
  • DoomninjaDoomninja Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wait, hitboxes get BIGGER the faster you move? That doesn't make sense, that just means you're EASIER to hit when moving, right? You're moving, you're a moving target you should be HARDER to hit. Seems like a band-aid fix instead of actually correcting how hitboxes behave. Then again you as long as it makes aiming AT the target viable I'm for it... still... suspicious.

I'm sorry, you gave me helicopters that arn't flying coffins <3 dice.

Doomninja on
    1154825-1.png
  • KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Warcry wrote:
    hopefully this thread will populate again :>

Yeah the last one was pretty dead...

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
    edited June 2010
    I was successfully dogfighting three tanks on Atacama Desert in a Havok before. It was amazing.

In other news, chopper flares are ass. They remove the tracer but do nothing about the rocket in flight.
    :c

Warcry on
    edited June 2010
    I was successfully dogfighting three tanks on Atacama Desert in a Havok before. It was amazing.

In other news, chopper flares are ass. They remove the tracer but do nothing about the rocket in flight.

Meaning the rocket still tracks the chopper? Or does it just continue on its path?

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, nearly a 1GB patch - i'm pretty excited. Time to start playing this again!

Hawk on
    edited June 2010

Meaning the rocket still tracks the chopper? Or does it just continue on its path?

Still tracks it. Flares are useless unless you remove it immediately, for which you have to be in 3rd person. Only use it with the blackhawks, not the attack copters.

Warcry on
    edited June 2010
    El Guaco wrote: »

Put myself on the list. Was it really necessary for me to have yet another site login for something I'll never use again? Whatever.

How about we switch it over to a Public Google Docs Form? I can relay the entries over to Sladvan and That Guy. Or they can give their google email and I can share the document with them.

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

How about we switch it over to a Public Google Docs Form? I can relay the entries over to Sladvan and That Guy. Or they can give their google email and I can share the document with them.

I registered on Nailbunny's. I may or may not have registered on That_Guys, it's hard to say since that interface is confusing as fuck.

Arlington on
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arlington wrote: »

I registered on Nailbunny's. I may or may not have registered on That_Guys, it's hard to say since that interface is confusing as fuck.

I'm confused as to how notepub actually works.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    edited June 2010
    Here are the results of that form, for anyone interested. Saldvan and That Guy, PM me an email address and I can give you revision rights.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqDfgICRu4cwdGRlSi1tUVBZYmlFOUZaMEV5RDhyOXc&hl=en&authkey=CNLOzLMM

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • DoomninjaDoomninja Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Any specifics on the weapon balances?

Doomninja on
    1154825-1.png
    edited June 2010
    MG3 is now rape

that is all

but yeah I really want to see the new stats.

Warcry on
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, I'm excited to play this again now that the patch is finally here.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
    edited June 2010
    [strike]Has the patch hit Steam yet?[/strike]

And it has, I just needed to restart Steam.

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was just checking with some people who made the admin tool and yes,

"Using reserved slots no longer reduces your max capacity like it did in pre-R15 releases. "

So, hooray lists.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yay white lists!

Also yay patch! Game seems better, M14 is even more deadly now :twisted:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Setting up streaming to PBBans is the most annoying thing ever.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So how the hell do I fix the controls now? I'm alright with infantry controls, but the vehicles are making me cringe again.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    So how the hell do I fix the controls now? I'm alright with infantry controls, but the vehicles are making me cringe again.

Count me in the same boat. I'm using Carbonfire's fix and the patch kind of screwed everything up, I'm not sure how to get things back to normal.

unpurposed on