As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Phinal Phantasy Tactics - GAME OVER

1525354555658»

• Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also this game got me to play through War of the Lions again

So awesome

Nocturne on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    man, I put an extreme amount of effort into winning this game.........
    I know, it's hard having to not make lists, isn't it?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Daius wrote: »
    Well, some of my guys survived and won. Guess that counts for something.

And to think, if I hadn't forgotten to submit my order 2 days ago OS would have been dead.

Better watch yoself in future man

Also, how about that Shanic?

How about him eh?

2 days ago, I was guarded from the first faction kill that would have been dropped on me :P

The days when I wasn't guarding myself, L4H was actually guarding me. The 2nd time I knew about, the 1st time I had already left for the night and my friendly neighborhood goltana battlemaster convinced him to guard me.

Fair enough.

Still, screeewwww yooouuuu

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    <3<3<3

I wanted to kill all your heretics around you and win that way, until I realized that you had to die too for a church victory :(

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the game had a blast playing.

Being a thief was a lot of fun.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    As the odd-day peasant battlemaster, I vigged the even-day peasant battlemaster on the first day.
    The day one deaths were overwhelmingly peasant.
    I was also struck with a post restriction and warned for inactivity.

Basically it was the worst day ever.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey, hey...

WHO KILLED ME?

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was never allowed to change class to Green Chocobo! Oh, well.

I was initially going to go for Onion Knight, just to see what HOMING VLADS did. Could have made it before I died, too. After the fourth day I decided to just try and get as many classes as I could, since that's how I play the real game. :P

Good game, Rend and co-GMs!

ronrab on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How does a double grudge work?

cheez on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    by the way, I was supposed to be able to buff one faction that helped me find my target after I won but never did because..... well.... I didn't contact anyone and extermatott died to the vote instead of some random vig................

but I am curious as to what it would have done.
    One-off kill for their faction or link their two battlemasters, if alive.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, who killed me?

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Spreadsheet and proboards are up, you guys can check every action made, just go to the day you died and do a ctrl-f for your name.

You'll find it.

Rend on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rend wrote: »
    Spreadsheet and proboards are up, you guys can check every action made, just go to the day you died and do a ctrl-f for your name.

You'll find it.

Ah, thanks!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    WTF Optimus? Did I give anybody a reason to kill me?

Way to go making me grudge ANOTHER person who NEVER plays...

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Savant wrote: »
    Bah, I totally should have killed OS instead of trying to seer him my last night. Also, I had godawful luck with my black mage seering ability. I tried to seer Infidel then Elldren, and they both died the night that I used it.

Daius killing her was pretty dumb given her position on the church battlemaster bandwagon.

Who finally decided to off me?

Up until 2 nights ago, I had been guarding myself every night, so I would have avoided the first faction or physical kill placed on me. What would your kill have been?

I guarded Scotsglen 2 nights ago, and Daniant last night in case she had received a kill while she was slowed from the previous night (which she had). I'm happy I got to save her life like that. G/C/N for life!

I <3 you OS! Thanks for the save!

daniant on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Scosglen, did you really kill me because I mocked your haiku in haiku form? Because damn...

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    victory!

woohoo!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Scosglen, did you really kill me because I mocked your haiku in haiku form? Because damn...
    Scosglen wrote:
    The first night was a shot in the blind. Our kills are compulsory. ForceVoid was an unfortunate bystander.

The third night was Shalmelo. He was suspiciously quiet and he gave my Haikus a C-. He had to die. Bing Church Battlemaster.

The fifth night was when my recon finally was paying off and I killed my first Larg dog, jdarksun.

B:L was on my hitlist as well but someone else took care of him.

The seventh night is why we are talking now. I gave an order for Nocturne to die, after confirming his Larg loyalty, however, based on the ambiguous narration it actually sounds like a summoner vigged him first. Unfortunate redundancy. A lone summoner could not have seered out a Larg target and vigged him in 7 days though. I decided to try sniffing out a possible Goltana network.

My other motive is that I have run out of targets. You say you lost your vig. This could be a good arrangement. I stopped advancing at Black Mage however, to keep up my recon activities.

It will take me until the orders for day 11 to have both my kills in play if I begin advancing again toward Summoner. In the meanwhile, you have supplied Phyphor as a target, and if I survive the next night, he will die on the following.

I have one uncontacted Goltana on my lists. In the interest of of sharing information and not double-seering, cj iwakura is a potential ally.

heehee

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think the best strategy was the one that Spectrum was using. Only 1 type of seer in your network didn't really prove to be the winning strategy, because you couldn't figure out if someone matched 2 win conditions with you.

If you read the Goltana/Nobles board, they used 2 types of seers on the same target in the same night to look for allies. I really like being a seer in games and should have thought of this, but I never really get much chance to be a guard and I was already playing catch up from inactimus' lack of actions/poor actions, so I figured shooting for guard was my best bet.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, some of my guys survived and won. Guess that counts for something.

And to think, if I hadn't forgotten to submit my order 2 days ago OS would have been dead.

Better watch yoself in future man

Also, how about that Shanic?

How about him eh?

2 days ago, I was guarded from the first faction kill that would have been dropped on me :P

The days when I wasn't guarding myself, L4H was actually guarding me. The 2nd time I knew about, the 1st time I had already left for the night and my friendly neighborhood goltana battlemaster convinced him to guard me.

Fair enough.

Still, screeewwww yooouuuu

OS you misread the guard skill descriptions the same way I did. Each side had a physical and a magical battlemaster, and without this knowledge it seemed like both chakra and absorb would protect against any battlemaster attempt. In reality Daius couldn't have harmed you with chakra as he was physical, but if Optimuszed had decided to vig you you would have been done for.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    No Daius was a faction kill?

There were 3 types of kills and chakra protected you from physical and faction
    absorb protected you from magic and faction

I knew I was vulnerable to a magic kill, but it seemed like way more people went dragoon.

edit: nvm read what you said more carefully.... so what was a "faction kill" then? That wording seemed painfully misleading.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    No Daius was a faction kill?

There were 3 types of kills and chakra protected you from physical and faction
    absorb protected you from physical and magic.

I knew I was vulnerable to a magic kill, but it seemed like way more people went dragoon.

edit: nvm read what you said more carefully.... so what was a "faction kill" then? That wording seemed painfully misleading.

That was another artifact of the pre-battlemaster mechanics.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Edited my post to say "There were 3 types of kills and chakra protected you from physical and faction
    absorb protected you from magic and faction"

Also good to know, but I don't see how I would have been able to know that wording was misleading so I'll just be grateful that diaus wasn't the magic heretic :P

I should have thought to ask Loser4HireX more questions about how his ability worked. Were all the even/odd day faction vigs the same type per even/odd day?

i.e. were all odd vigs magic and all even vigs physical?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nope, who was magic and who was physical was listed on the spreadsheet. Spread out fairly evenly between even/odd vigs and the factions.

And while I acknowledged the possibility, I also didn't realize this until reading the spreadsheet.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think the best strategy was the one that Spectrum was using. Only 1 type of seer in your network didn't really prove to be the winning strategy, because you couldn't figure out if someone matched 2 win conditions with you.

If you read the Goltana/Nobles board, they used 2 types of seers on the same target in the same night to look for allies. I really like being a seer in games and should have thought of this, but I never really get much chance to be a guard and I was already playing catch up from inactimus' lack of actions/poor actions, so I figured shooting for guard was my best bet.

Oh wow, I totally forgot you were Maximus.

cheez on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Scosglen, why did you murder me? You're getting a double grudge unless I get a reasonable answer. ;)

Me Goltana Battlemaster. You Larg scum. Me kill Larg scum!
    shalmelo wrote: »

Yes. I hope you have learned something.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also I thought it was neat that LoserX and I happened to network on Day 0

Loser: So hey let's see if we can work together!

Me: Okay!

Loser: You should go first because I probably have more to lose. I only belong to one faction.

Me: Huh, what a coincidence, I also only belong to one faction.

BATTLEMASTERS UNITE!

This was before anything in the thread was posted about the role so it was pretty trustworthy.

Too bad Larg slowly got stomped :(

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Scosglen, why did you murder me? You're getting a double grudge unless I get a reasonable answer. ;)
    Me Goltana Battlemaster. You Larg scum. Me kill Larg scum!
    But how did you know that?

Battlemasters also got to advance in regular jobs. Scosglen understandably decided to spend pretty much the whole game as a black mage.

CHECK THE SPREADSHEET GEEZ :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was hoping for the church/nobles win

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I blame time mages. OP!

:P

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    !crimsoncoyote as MVP for getting to shoot homing vlads even though they didn't go off

I agree with this completely. It was a great decision on my part, I think. I knew I was going to be really busy during this game, so I figured I would see what Onion Knight could bring to the table. I actually went up to Orator first, just in case I needed to use abilities of sorts before I could make it to Onion Knight.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »

As was I.

Garret Dorigan on
    "Never Hit"
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »

As was I.

:(

daniant on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    As the odd-day peasant battlemaster, I vigged the even-day peasant battlemaster on the first day.

IT WAS YOU?!

Does the fact that killing me made you look like a goose excuse the fact that you killed me? Hmmm....

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ringo wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »

IT WAS YOU?!

Does the fact that killing me made you look like a goose excuse the fact that you killed me? Hmmm....

You simply happened to be the worst possible target. That kind of luck could happen to anyone.

On the other hand, I killed you for Cyberpunk.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, I can't grudge anyone for killing me over a game I actually won. But man, I was so excited to get Archer and start an alternating seering/killing spree and WHOOPS I'm dead by my own vig :(

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    yeah, still sorry about that :(

Lucedes on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have been informed that I owe a narration of the sordid love-affair kind. That will arrive tonight.

Zellpher on