As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

• Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Loving the patch. Just finished a round where Iw as finishing the last 15 and 5 kills to gold star the VSS and T88 respectively. Then switched to the MG3 until my team (attackers) were down to 10 tickets and decided to go smoke launcher assault with extra grenades, and body armor. the smoke allowing my teammates to arm the mcom while I hump my ammo box and keep a steady stream of grenades and smoke on the mcom to prevent disarms. It exploded with 2 tickets left allowing us to assault the next set.

Even though we lost with 1 mcom left I went 47 and 18 and 18000 points after all hte awards. Twas badass.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    übergeek wrote: »
    Warcry, when you say the hit detection is fixed, did you remove your beta folder, and it's still working correctly?

EDIT Carbon, do I need to undo your changes, or does the patch overwrite them?

Yeah, I deleted it. Things are going smoothly without it. :>

I'm off to Cairns today to pick up drawing supplies, so I won't be on. :c

Warcry on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think it is about time for some BC2. GET ON THE DOME! Get in vent too.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gonna get on in like 15 mins

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Who needs the high-power optics? Arica Harbor is fun with a stock scope. Attacking the last point, nailed a sniper from the first capture point. Such a satisfying thing to see "Marksman Headshot +497" pop up.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I never use scopes with ARs now.

My regular kit is as follows:

M16
    M9
    40mm Shotgun
    Grenade pouch
    Magnum ammo
    V-Optics

Great for CQC and long-midrange.

Warcry on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    WOOOOOO PATCHHH

Hell I will be playing all day, PAers unite and let's kick some ass on the Dome!

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't know what changes they made, but it is nice to play on a full sever again.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That was fun.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This game has had a revival of sorts.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, I can now consistently shotgun snipe with the occasional 1 hit only doing 60% instead of being a full kill. As soon as I'm done pulling my medic K/D out of the gutter, I'll be shotgun wookie for quite a while.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm happy you PC'ers are happy, and having BF: BC2 fun again :)

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    C4 UAVs really needs to be nerfed.

Or you know, you could not let them fly the UAV into your MCOMs. They take like four shots to destroy, one if you hit the C4.

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If not one single player can see the UAV coming in right next to an MCOM, and can't blow it up with even a goddamn sidearm, your team deserves to lose it.

Suriko on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Waffen wrote: »

Or you know, you could not let them fly the UAV into your MCOMs. They take like four shots to destroy, one if you hit the C4.

You sir, are a GENIUS.

Holy fuck, why did I never think of just shooting the tiny little fucking spec that zips over our heads, past the defensive line and blows up the MCOM in one shot?

You should write a strategy guide. AMAZING.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    grambogrambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So it appears the bronze star insignias still do not work, I have bronzed everything besides the 40mm shotgun, light vehicles and water vehicles and am still not getting the All Weapons one, people who have bronze+ on everything including the M1 are reporting the same problem on the DICE UK forums. Oh well.

Patch seems good, haven't had a chance to try flares yet, but from what I understand, when a tracer hits you and someone with a CG/RPG is trying to lock on, you start to hear the beeping, once they get a hard lock the beeping gets faster, so if you launch flares during the slower beeping shouldn't you be ok (this way you don't have to fly third person and be useless in an attack chopper).

Hit detection felt better from the 2 hours I played this afternoon.

The reality of the C4 UAV is that it works 90% of the time in pubs. On the Dome, with an entire team on vent, someone might see it in time and alert people, but I find it pretty rare that someone shoots it in time on random games.

grambo on
    grambo..png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Much better, this patch certainly will bring good things!

Ironically enough, I just got a beta code for Medal of Honor....hell.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Waffen wrote: »

You sir, are a GENIUS.

Holy fuck, why did I never think of just shooting the tiny little fucking spec that zips over our heads, past the defensive line and blows up the MCOM in one shot?

You should write a strategy guide. AMAZING.

The problem that since C4ing your Blackhawk/UAV/Suicide troops only result in the death of a maximum one attacker per attempt, which means that they can be repeated many times over. This of course means that at least some of the attacks will get through.

I think mining is fine, as long as you don't do it too much.

finnith on
  • Options
    Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    WWWOOO top attacker and we control the harbor, then I lost connection when I got to be a defender. Got a whole two bars for my medic! Nice to finally game with you gents.

FYI always flank and use their own gun emplacements if you can, got a tank and 6 people doing that.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Options
    Tinit5190Tinit5190 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You guys fix the problems with the patch and the input settings¿ I just finished reconfiguring mine so it is as close to the old way as possible.

Tinit5190 on
    b524e.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tinit5190 wrote: »
    You guys fix the problems with the patch and the input settings¿ I just finished reconfiguring mine so it is as close to the old way as possible.

Renamed all the fix files, replaced original. Pretty easy, really. Turret speed is poo again though.

Also, MoH beta is underwhelming, news at 11.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm working on the turret speed thing as we speak.

And whatever they did to choppers, they fly REALLY nice now. <3

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Tinit5190Tinit5190 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, try my new settings, tell me what you think of them.
    My mouse is a Razer Deathadder (1800dpi) so lotsa configuring I underwent.

gamesettings.ini
    ►Scheme0Sensitivity=0.0001

infantry
    ►ScaleValue = 0.25

land
    ►ScaleValue = 15

air
    ►ScaleValue = 250

That`s what I use.

Tinit5190 on
    b524e.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Masume wrote: »

Renamed all the fix files, replaced original. Pretty easy, really. Turret speed is poo again though.

I wouldn't say MoH is bad, it's just that the multiplayer fails to distinguish itself from MW2 enough, or even match it in some parts. It's still a beta though, so hopefully more weapons will be added, bugs will be fixed, etc. Playing Helmand Valley just makes me crave Battlefield sometimes, and other times I think it's way too easy to line up those headshot kills. Hopefully the single-player provides a better experience than the mediocre one delivered by MW2's "story".

finnith on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh fuuuuu

The browser shows pingtimes now! Sweet!

Thanks, DICE, for making me excited about stuff that every other developer had gotten right the first time.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I experienced the most impressive pubstomp ever yesterday. 6 people from one clan on the other team (24p server) and for the 3 rounds I was there they lost horribly every single time. They weren't even bad players, they just played like pubtards (cap one flag and defend, ignore everything else).
    Warcry wrote: »
    Campy wrote: »
    Ach, why did this finally drop when I'm busy all evening :< I will most certainly be down for some domed angriness tomorrow though.

Most of the patch changes look really good. I feel slightly sad that the ones I'm most excited for are the server functionality improvements. Not so sure about the hitbox fix (pleasedonthitmeWarcry), seems like a bit of a fudge just to make it bigger. I frequently scamper for cover under fire, which under this patch would basically make me a big (literally) fat bullet magnet.

*hits Campy*

the hit detection is great now.

Also I killed a guy at like 15m with my 40mm shotgun in one hit.
    it was amazing

Yeah the 40mm shotgun is now really goddamn powerful. I bronze starred it in two rounds with only having 3 kills before.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    Masume wrote: »

I wouldn't say MoH is bad, it's just that the multiplayer fails to distinguish itself from MW2 enough, or even match it in some parts. It's still a beta though, so hopefully more weapons will be added, bugs will be fixed, etc. Playing Helmand Valley just makes me crave Battlefield sometimes, and other times I think it's way too easy to line up those headshot kills. Hopefully the single-player provides a better experience than the mediocre one delivered by MW2's "story".

It was interesting. The interface was meh, the gunplay wasn't too bad...I did like the map that had all the zig-zag walls though, great in close fighting feel to it. Grenades also don't suck, which is a plus. It was pretty good, it just didn't distinguish itself enough from BC2. In fact, I just kept thinking of playing BC2 while I was playing it.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Underwhelming is a great way to describe it.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I AM BACK WITH MY DRAFTING TABLE AND VARIOUS SHIT

I BET THERE IS NO-ONE ONLINE NOW

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It's like 3 AM EST. What do you expect?

finnith on
  • Options
    KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    I AM BACK WITH MY DRAFTING TABLE AND VARIOUS SHIT

I BET THERE IS NO-ONE ONLINE NOW

I am on sir, now stop ignoring me on steam.

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did they change the FOV setting in the files to use horizontal FOV now? When I checked it it was something like 84 instead of 65 (the vertical setting I previously had it at).

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The patch did a few things right for me. It fixed the spawn delay, although there is still a slight stutter as I materialize (for lack of a better word). It also felt a lot smoother overall, part of which seems to be a higher framerate, I didn't measure so I don't know how much but it's definitely a significant difference (ati card). I wasn't getting any lag issues last night either. One interesting note: I have a dual monitor setup, and sometimes I'll turn off my 2nd monitor to improve my framerate. This time it turned off my 2nd monitor for me - which could be a bad thing if I had wanted it left on?

MG3 is cool now. Chopper flares look amazing and seem to actually work. You guys flying the blades off that Hind was pretty funny - I think it took 5 rockets at once to finally bring you down.

Thanks to Zaylenz's epic wrench skills we tanked our way through almost an entire round with only 1 death. He actually outscored everyone making repairs!

El Guaco on
  • Options
    ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    El Guaco wrote: »
    Chopper flares look amazing and seem to actually work. You guys flying the blades off that Hind was pretty funny - I think it took 5 rockets at once to finally bring you down.

It was funny hearing that over vent, but I don't really understand what was going on.

Independent of flares a rocket connecting with a chopper used to take it down. That no longer seems to be the case. Was it that an engy was repairing it that allowed the pilot to regain control?

The patch seems nice over all. I forgot to delete my settings folder to undo Carbon's mouse fix, but the game did a settings reset for me.

The biggest difference has nothing to do with the game though, it's that more people are playing again.

Arlington on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Arlington wrote: »
    El Guaco wrote: »
    Chopper flares look amazing and seem to actually work. You guys flying the blades off that Hind was pretty funny - I think it took 5 rockets at once to finally bring you down.

It was funny hearing that over vent, but I don't really understand what was going on.

Independent of flares a rocket connecting with a chopper used to take it down. That no longer seems to be the case. Was it that an engy was repairing it that allowed the pilot to regain control?

The patch seems nice over all. I forgot to delete my settings folder to undo Carbon's mouse fix, but the game did a settings reset for me.

The biggest difference has nothing to do with the game though, it's that more people are playing again.

The Hind has always been a flying tank in regards to rocket damage. I think only an RPG or CG with exp. mkII can take it out in one hit. (CG will kill the pilot with splash damage)

Also, I got invited to an Aussie clan so I'm joining them but I'll still bitch and moan in here and play with you guys :>

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well, try my new settings, tell me what you think of them.
    My mouse is a Razer Deathadder (1800dpi) so lotsa configuring I underwent.

gamesettings.ini

infantry
    ►ScaleValue = 0.25

land
    ►ScaleValue = 15

air
    ►ScaleValue = 250

That`s what I use.

I found that was a little fast for infantry movement, and a little slow for the chopper, but overall a pretty good range (could be because I have a 1600 DPI G5 rather than that 1800 DPI beast of a Razer).

The numbers I found to be better for my setup:

gamesettings.ini

infantry
    ►ScaleValue = 0.20

land
    ►ScaleValue = 12 (Pitch), 15 (Roll)

air
    ►ScaleValue = 300 (Pitch), 250 (Roll) (I found the Pitch to be too underpowered when they were both set to the same value)

Also don't forget to change the camera pitch/roll values in the land and air files, otherwise you won't be able to look around in first person view.

Again, some pretty good values there, good work :^:

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Question if anyone knows. If a vehicle is tracered, does the locked on rocket actually hit where the tracer is, or just hit it at a pre-specified place?

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It seems like it traces the vehicle's center of mass, and hits it wherever it happens to hit. I.E. if you're on the right side of the tank and shoot straight at it, it'll hit in the right side. If the tank rolls backwards while the rocket is in flight and the rocket is locked on to a tracer, it'll hit more in the front.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It seems like it traces the vehicle's center of mass, and hits it wherever it happens to hit. I.E. if you're on the right side of the tank and shoot straight at it, it'll hit in the right side. If the tank rolls backwards while the rocket is in flight and the rocket is locked on to a tracer, it'll hit more in the front.

What a shame. Could do cool stuff like tracer the back of it for faster kills if it worked the other way.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

What a shame. Could do cool stuff like tracer the back of it for faster kills if it worked the other way.

You can still kind of do that, just matters how close you are to the vehicle and how you aim at it. The Rockets will curve quite a bit, so if you're generally pretty close to the tracered vehicle, just shoot away from it / behind it and the rocket will curve around and should hit it on the side / rear end.

CarbonFire on