As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DEAD [Let's Play!] Persona 2: Part 3! Pride and Masks

fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas CallThe Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
edited July 2010 in Games and Technology
Unforunately, real life decided to kick in this summer, and I doubt I'll have the time to finish this. Sorry for starting something i couldn't finish, I didn't realize how time consuming it would be. Kudos to whoever decides to take this up.

Hello and welcome to my Let's Play of Persona 2! I'm a long time fan of the SMT series, but have really only finished the ps2 rpgs (Nocturne, DDS, Persona3/4). Having been inspired by CJ Iwakura's lets plays, Ive decided that if I'm going to play through this epic and insane story, I might as well document it! This will be my first Let's Play, so please excuse any poor formatting and terrible jokes. I welcome any advice and tips, and I am planning to have both games finished before PAX (September). 2 months, 2 games.

persona2-is2.jpgpersona2ep-us2.jpg

Persona 2 is a unique JRPG, and vastly different from Persona 3/4. Its story is split up into 2 games, Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment. Innocent Sin is the first, and was never released outside of Japan due to its highly controversial topics like suicide, homosexual relationships, the inclusion of Hitler as a boss...among other things. Eternal Punishment is a direct continuation of the ending of Innocent Sin, and much of what happens in EP relies on back story from IS. I'll be playing the fan translated version of IS for convenience sake, and the regular PSX disc of EP after.

So, before I begin rambling on about the little I've played of both games, lets begin!
Start up cutscene, the poem is Der Goppleganger by Franz Schubert, read into that as you will. :P

ScreenHunter_03Jun281402.jpg
ScreenHunter_06Jun281402.jpg
Hey Maya! She's really important to everything and the Let's Positive Thinking slogan creator.

ScreenHunter_07Jun281402.jpg
ScreenHunter_08Jun281402.jpg
Freaking butterflies always messing with my realities!

ScreenHunter_09Jun281403.jpg
ScreenHunter_12Jun281403.jpg
Some really good character art in these scenes, I don't think Lisa ever looks this good again.

ScreenHunter_13Jun281403.jpg
ScreenHunter_15Jun281403.jpg
If you met this guy the only thing you wouldn't be wondering about is his sexual orientation.

ScreenHunter_16Jun281403.jpg
ScreenHunter_17Jun281403.jpg
Literally the opposite of my previous statement for this one.

ScreenHunter_18Jun281403.jpg
ScreenHunter_20Jun281403.jpg
Heya Tatsuy... ahem

ScreenHunter_21Jun281404.jpg
The chilling Piano music really makes this a great introduction, and it proceeds to go into heavy techno cut frame of motorcycles, personae, and other crap.

ScreenHunter_08Jun290058.jpg
And into the madness we go.

ScreenHunter_09Jun290058.jpg
Hmm, fixing his bike.

ScreenHunter_10Jun290058.jpg
That can't be good.

ScreenHunter_26Jun281405.jpg
Isn't it the best when games refer to people as ??? before you know their names? Genius I say.

ScreenHunter_28Jun281406.jpg
Well that's more then sorta delinquent of you Sorta Delinquent Student. Taking it to the next level I see.

ScreenHunter_30Jun281406.jpg
WHATS HAPPENING?!

ScreenHunter_31Jun281406.jpg
ScreenHunter_32Jun281406.jpg
Me, We're a happy family.

ScreenHunter_34Jun281407.jpg
What if it is Scarface?

ScreenHunter_35Jun281407.jpg
Thank god for these little introductions, saves me a ton of time.

ScreenHunter_36Jun281407.jpg
Too bad, thought you were stepping up Sorta Delinquent Student. Ill catch you on the flipside.

ScreenHunter_37Jun281407.jpg
Get off my back old man.

ScreenHunter_38Jun281407.jpg
I don't have to talk to you, you're not a cop.

ScreenHunter_39Jun281407.jpg
This is him pulling out a lighter and flipping it. He is either really cool, or this is of some significance.

ScreenHunter_40Jun281407.jpg
Oh shit. Really? Already that time? Well, you guys know what to do. This is the only character we can name, afaik.

J3qcnBP.png
fRAWRst on

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tatsuya Suou. I'm a traditionalist. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cool start, just a suggestion though, maybe condense the dialogue into text when the scene itself doesn't change, its a lot better than looking through a bunch of images.

Also, be prepared to grind a lot for this game =P

Mattakuevan on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmm. At first I thought the parts of the Significant And Vague opening narration had something to do with the characters after each bit shown.

But apparently not.

Unless Lisa isn't what she appears to be. :P

WotanAnubis on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gonna let this run till tommorow, then ill work on a long update. I was thinking of posting one or 2 ss of the conversations, and paraphrasing the rest, but some may enjoy the graphic novel and the translation really is good for this version.

We shall seee

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh, hey, I had been thinking of doing this. I am glad you are instead because I don't think I have the time, really.

I'll try not to judge your stat and Persona choices too harshly. :P

Anyway, just keep his name the default.

edit: as for the conversations, a few screenshots is better than a screenshot for every single line of dialog, but don't paraphrase the rest. Just type it out.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I dunno if it's just me but your screenshots seem to be a mite too big. If you're fine with them or are unable to adjust the size, it's cool. A good start for the LP otherwise. :)

Owenashi on
    edited June 2010
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I dunno if it's just me but your screenshots seem to be a mite too big. If you're fine with them or are unable to adjust the size, it's cool. A good start for the LP otherwise. :)
    They're definitely big. The text looks sloppy, to me.

To be fair, though, I just took some to see if I could offer advice, and mine turned out way too small with all attempts at increasing the size decreasing the quality, so...
    11vljkp.png

Maybe someone who doesn't suck at this kind of thing (ie not me) can offer advice :lol:

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You could try copying and pasting using MSP. I did that for my own version of the intro in a forum game.

It's more time consuming, but prettier.

1-1.jpg

Well, not really. Smaller at least. :P

As it is, I think the screens in the OP are passable.

And I've been considering doing Revelations Persona(that is, the original US release) after SMTII, so maybe I can be the precursor unless someone beats me to it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited July 2010
    Sorry, I'm using an emulator that only does full screen, so the pictures are going to have to remain the same until I can find another program.

Part 2 is gonna be split up into 2, one of all the exposition, and one for the rest of the first dungeon. Here we go!
    We're given control of Tatsuya, and told that we're to find our teacher for guidance counseling. Exploring the classrooms gives us info that rumors are part of the high school experience at Seven Sisters, and the biggest one is if you dial your own cell number from your cell, the Joker will appear and make your dreams come true.

ScreenHunter_03Jun301139.jpg
    Everyone is selfish and out for loving, it seems. Continuing looking for Guidance leads us to the courtyard.

There's a giant rock, a stone statue which rumors say comes to life and walks around at night, and some characters.

ScreenHunter_239Jun301716.jpg

mayaokateacher.jpg
    She's batshit crazy.

hanyafate.jpg
    My grade 12 english teacher was just like this guy. Except, y'know, without the scar..

We're pretty much on a goose chase for our teacher, going up 3 floors and down 3 floors with “oh you just missed her” on the way. Of course this is a rpg, so we find 1000yen.jpg
    and some antidotes along the way.

When we head back to the AREA WE STARTED IN, we move the story along.

saekotakamii.jpg
    Guidance counseling really isn't as painful as you think. Don't worry.
    Right, well have you made a decision on what you want to do?

->I already decided
    → I haven't decided yet.*

Is that so? Well there's no need to be impatient. You have to put some thought into what you want to do.
    ->Actually there is something I want to do.*
    ->There's nothing I really want to do.

Hmm, thats right!! Even if you're not clear on the details, you still have a dream to chase, right?
    But you can't stay that way your whole life, right? What do you think about that?

->One day, my dreams and my life will both come together*
    ->I don't really think about it.

As long as you believe in yourself, you can achieve your dreams! You have my support, so good luck!
    She gives Tasuya a pat on the shoulder, and Tatsuya turns away and flips his lighter.
    Suo... Why do you ignore others and push people away? I can't stand to see you look so bitter.

lisasilverman.jpg
    I think Tatsuya is relived to be bothered this one time.

lisaintro.jpg
    ….Lisa! Is something wrong? Whats with the shouting?
    S...Sorry-ya, Professor Saeko. This is really important! Can I borrow Tatsuya for a while?
    If you insist... We'll continue this chat later, Suo.

ScreenHunter_36Jun301153.jpg

lisaburnp.jpg
    Hey! There's no time to sit here and talk!! We've got to take of this!! Some guy from K'ass-u-gay-ama High told me to give this to you, Tatsuya!!
    (K'ass-u-gay-ama is a terrible translation of a derogatory nickname for a high school.)
    What's this?
    “Listen up, Tatsuya Suo! We've got one of the girls from your school here. If you want her back alive, come to the Sumaru Prison, alone.” Kasugayama High's Gang Leader, Michelle Eikichi...!?
    Haime!? Is this guy for real!? This is like, so retro... But the rumor is that hes pretty tough!
    Speaking of rumors, the word's going around that it was somebody from K'ass-u-gay-ama High that cursed the emblems. It's probably the same guy! Tatsuya, do you really want to go there alone?
    I thought you would... But do you even know how to get to Sumaru Prison? I can show you the way, and I'd hate to just wait here for the curse to take me. Please, let me go with you!

The two hop on Tatsuyas bike, and a 3 second fmv shows them speeding off.

Meanwhile, at the Prison we find a big girl eating all of Kasugayamas gangs food
    hannji.jpg

and the leader of the gang.
    eikichi.jpg

Nothing much happens until Lisa and Tatsuya show up, in which more nothing happens. Few highlights

holwoing.jpg
    wereyouhowling.jpg
    whyyoulittle.jpg

Turns out Eikichi's gang/band just wanted the coolest kid from Sevens (Tatsuya) to join, so they told Haniji that they knew about the emblems curse to be able to fake the ransom letter. Eikichi knew nothing and is pissed, and apologizes for the cowardice of his friends. He then offers Suo a spot in the band. Lisa butts in with an oh snap.

ohnspa.jpg

Eikichi loses it, and summons his “Grim Reaper”

ScreenHunter_89Jun301156.jpg
    ScreenHunter_90Jun301156.jpg
    ScreenHunter_95Jun301157.jpg

All 3 hit each other with magic, and pass out.

Cutscene!

ScreenHunter_96Jun301157.jpg
    ScreenHunter_97Jun301157.jpg
    ScreenHunter_98Jun301157.jpg
    ScreenHunter_100Jun301158.jpg
    The power that you wield is called a 'Persona”... Gods and demons that remain dormant in your hearts, they are your other selves, powers that may be called out. Gods are the side of you that's full of loving affection.. Demons are the side of you that's capable of great atrocities... Humans wear masks such as these throughout their lives...
    The mask you wear now is but one of countless possibilities. Such is your Persona as well, one of many. From this moment forth, you and your Personas will fight for a greater purpose... Because your very existence and the future of all things are at stake. Time is already up. You cannot remain oblivious. For now, Sumaru has been transformed into a world where rumors become reality... Your battle to defend the future has begun. I invited you here to simply tell you of it. Together with your Personas, you will break the chains bound together by karma....

The crew wakes up back in Sumaru Prison, and realize they all had the same dream. Lisa has a brilliant plan; call the Joker to see if rumors really are coming true. This is all going swell, isn't it?

ScreenHunter_127Jun301200.jpg
    ScreenHunter_129Jun301200.jpg
    thejkoker.jpg

Rumor has it that if you don't tell the joker your dream quick enough, he'll steal them. Eikichi's friends are not very quick minded. :(

ScreenHunter_135Jun301201.jpg
    They will see but not be seen. They will hear but not be heard. They will become shadows, outcasts of the world full of dreamers.

ScreenHunter_142Jun301201.jpg
    Let me show you something interesting... A souvenir of sorts, brought to you directly from the Underworld... These are no mere Personas.. These are genuine demons!

ScreenHunter_148Jun301202.jpg

The party kills both of the demons, and team up for a fusion spell on The Joker. These are very important during battles, but we're not controlling anything right now.

A fused spell, eh...? It was a good idea; I'll give you that... But not good enough. At that rate, you wouldn't be able to defeat me, even if I gave you another 10,000 years. Eikichi Mishina... Lisa Silverman... And you, the one who stole away a dream... It's time for you to die! There's no way to escape the wheel of fortune!

The Joker then summons his Persona, a lanky doll-like thing, and proceeds to whip ass.

ScreenHunter_152Jun301202.jpg

ScreenHunter_153Jun301202.jpg
    You can't hide it from me... You want.. to follow you dreams, yes? Am I right? Huhuhuh! Ahahaha! As if I would ever make your dream come true! You should know by now... You must know why I have appeared to you!!

How would we know!?

What did we.. ever do to you?

You truly... don't remember? Ridiculous!! What are you saying!? What does this mean!? Would killing you off have any meaning if you don't remember!? I will spare your lives for now.. But I will give you no rest... My demon subordinates will pursue you constantly. May this Iris seal the deal... run as far as you like! And remember the sins you have committed!! When that time comes, I will return to sate my revenge!!

The Joker dips, and the crew sort out some kind of a plan. Eikichi wants revenge for his now forgotten buddies, Lisa wants weapons so the Joker will think twice next time, and Tatsuya flips his lighter.

Hanaji also happens to mention “a rumor that the owner of the Kameya Alley ramen shop is secretly selling weapons on the side... “

And world map time! This is just a small portion, and its very simple to navigate.

ScreenHunter_187Jun301205.jpg

ScreenHunter_203Jun301207.jpg

Here's the shopping mall. Ramen Shirashi is where we're headed, but as you can see there's an armory, 2 other sushi places that sell food that temporarily boost stats, a chiropractic place which heals for set amounts of money, a detective agency (Devil Summoner fans will recognize the name), and of course, the Velvet Room.

Unfortunately, when we enter Ramen Shirashi, we find

tadashi.jpg

He's ordering terrible tasting food in hopes of saying the password to buy weapons. The clerk and other patrons assure its just a silly rumor, but the party decides to investigate what the Detective Agency knows.

ScreenHunter_205Jun301207.jpg
    Japanese detective agencies are awesome. We can donate money to this thing, and if we do it enough, we probably get something cool. We are also introduced to

tamaki.jpg

and

chefittodoriki.jpg

who offer to spread rumors for a fee.

ScreenHunter_222Jun301209.jpg

The party returns to the ramen shop, and order the Banana Cha Siu Ramen, which prompts the lady to give us... free weapons?

ScreenHunter_227Jun301209.jpg

Immediately following Eikichi swallowing terrible ramen, Hanaji bursts in and tells us that Principle Hannya has been seen with a masked figure. It gots to be the joker! First dungeon time!

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    edited July 2010
    Sweet, format is much better.

Mattakuevan on
    edited July 2010
    I gotta say it again, less paraphrasing :( you cut out a lot of the character interaction between Lisa and Eikichi, which is some of the best stuff in the game.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited July 2010
    Yes, make sure you say all of the dialogue, then make your comments afterward.

Mattakuevan on
    edited July 2010
    Tadashi and Tamaki are also in the first Persona game, though they were still students then(and at each other's throats).

Tammy also kind of looks like Rei Reihou from Devil Summoner 1(probably not coincedence).

devsumart2.jpg

And I like the format, only thing that may help is some character avatars over their text to help pick out who's saying what.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited July 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Tadashi and Tamaki are also in the first Persona game, though they were still students then(and at each other's throats).

Tammy also kind of looks like Rei Reihou from Devil Summoner 1(probably not coincedence).

devsumart2.jpg

And I like the format, only thing that may help is some character avatars over their text to help pick out who's saying what.
    That is a coincidence, really.

Although Tammy was one of the main characters in Shin Megami Tensei: If... which is basically Persona Beta. She is the only character in the series that is both a Persona user ("Guardian Beasts" in If...) and a Devil Summoner.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited July 2010
    o_O

I'm gonna assume 'Michelle' just sounds really cool in Japanese or something.

WotanAnubis on
    edited July 2010
    o_O

Technically it's supposed to be Michel (the male name), but the translator made it Michelle because "it has hell in it so that's cool"

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited July 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    o_O

Technically it's supposed to be Michel (the male name), but the translator made it Michelle because "it has hell in it so that's cool"
    That... doesn't make any sense.

Besides, Michel has Hel in it, who's ruler of the Underworld. And a girl, granted, but it's still better than Michelle.

WotanAnubis on
    edited July 2010
    There's a lot of weird stuff in the fan translation(namely NPCs dropping f-bombs left and right), but I hope fRAWRst knows about the worst; the suicide+revive all item glitch.
    It kills the user and everyone else.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited July 2010
    o_O

That... doesn't make any sense.

Besides, Michel has Hel in it, who's ruler of the Underworld. And a girl, granted, but it's still better than Michelle.
    Tom and I discussed the other days about Michelle vs Michel. We decided to revert it again to Michelle, for several reasons. First of all, because Michel looks plain boring for a visual idol’s nickname. And Michelle contains a pun about him being the Grim Reaper gang leader. :D
    (emphasis theirs)

And apparently everyone that read the blog was happy about it. o_O

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited July 2010
    Sorry about the paraphrasing, ill try to type out as much dialogue as i can. LP's are tiring =[

And im gonna have to post part 2 of the dungeon later on tonight, some friends stopped by yesterday for Canada Day and stayed the night, all day drinking is gonna make this dungeon exciting. :P

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm using an emulator that only does full screen, so the pictures are going to have to remain the same until I can find another program.

No prob, fRAW. You can use IrfanView to shrink-ray your screenshots individually or as a group after you got them. It's a free pic-viewing program beloved by LPers the world round. :)

Owenashi on
    edited July 2010
    Tried resizing the screens this time. Let me know what you guys think.

Seven Sisters High Dungeon

Edi: Oh god, reached the 35000 word limit. 2 posts incoming D: Think i might've over done it, but oh well.

Arriving at the school, we find a bunch of people looking scared and worried outside.

ScreenHunter_254Jun302135.jpg

ScreenHunter_258Jun302135.jpg

ScreenHunter_257Jun302135.jpg

ScreenHunter_260Jun302135.jpg

eikichi1.jpg
    Everybody, what's the big deal!? Why are people worried about a clock that works?

lisa1.jpg
    There are a lot of rumors about this clock tower! Like, evil spirits will come out, or something bad... if the clock moves again... and it's moving.

School Janitor
    Ohh... The End is upon us... Nan man dabu.... I place my faith in Amida Buddha

eikichi1.jpg
    Hey, hey! Grandpa! Don't be afraid! Now that I'm here, there's no problem!

School Janitor
    Oh, but you're wrong!! There certainly is a problem. Before that teacher died, he said... 'Time must be stopped, or the world will be destroyed”...

lisa1.jpg
    You mean... the teacher who died in the clock tower?

School Janitor
    Yes... That one... That teacher gave up his life so that the children would be able to live in peace..

ScreenHunter_268Jun302136.jpg
    Huh!? The Narlato Stone!! What's happening to the Narlato Stone!?

Male Student
    What's up with Professor Ideal? What could be more important then this!? The clock's working again... Something big is about to happen!

Female Student
    Was tearing the emblem off my uniform really enough to ward off the curse?

femalestudenfacemtl.jpg
    Aaaaah!!

Male Student
    Uwaaah! Th-th-that face...!

Female Student
    It's the curse! It's the emblems curse!!

eikichi2.jpg
    Hey, hey... Is this for real? That girl's face just... All of the sudden...

lisa2.jpg
    Keh he! What's going on !? Even removing the emblem from our uniforms isn't enough to keep the curse at bay!? Let's hurry up and get to Principal Hannya!! Before Tatsuya and I get our faces turned to mush by that curse too!

Alright, finally some gameplay! Random encounters, demon negotiations, agi bufu and garu oh my!

ScreenHunter_30Jul011245.jpg

Here is the square button menu, the triangle gives us the games automap. Spells self-explanatory, use things like Dia and Patra outside of battle. Analyze gives you options to see tarots, demons, or personas, all with descriptions, spells, and a bunch of other info. Items is... items. Personal Data is where you see the characters currently equipped persona, they're equipment and level, and bio. Card list is a list of the cards demons have given us.

Speaking of cards, that's how Personas are summoned in this game. You befriend demons through negotiations in random encounters, with different character actions making the demons either interested in you, happy to be with you, scared to be near you, or angry at you. Interested leads to tarot cards of the demons associated arcana, something which we need to summon them in the velvet room. Happiness leads to contracts, which means that next time you encounter the demon, you can ask it for money, items, or information.

ScreenHunter_36Jul011301.jpg
    That's kinda impressive...

ScreenHunter_114Jul011317.jpg
    Why yes, Lisa is indeed seducing this marshmellow man. Its all for the Persona

ScreenHunter_109Jul011312.jpg
    Hellz yes I do.

Combat is odd, but manageable. There are no press turns or one mores from what I can tell, and it has a very weird auto battle. Lets just put some pictures and explain.

ScreenHunter_471Jul011625.jpg

This is the battle screen. Kinda boring, but it does what it does. Start battle is a trick, that really starts the auto battle with whatever Strategy you've chosen. Contact is the negotiations, Analyze gives you some info after you've done certain requirements, and Retreat gets us the fuck out.

ScreenHunter_472Jul011625.jpg

Here we can change what we're doing, from spells to items to mid battle persona changes..Change Order is important because spell fusions need to be done in certain orders, or else you just get the single spell. Fusion Spell is a list of our currently known, and Battle Mode allows us to choose between Group and Single, which toggles when our auto battle feature allows us to reissue orders.

We're tasked with finding the principal and breaking the curse, but the faculty office on the second floor is closed because they're conducting a staff meeting on how to deal with the curse. Logical. Exploring the courtyard has us find an empty pedestal where the statue rested.

ScreenHunter_42Jul011302.jpg
    hoylshit.jpg

eikichicorutyard.jpg
    …..It's movin'.

lisacourtard1.jpg
    It really is moving!

eikichicorutyard.jpg
    .....It's obvious, right?

ekichicourtyard2.jpg
    What the hell is going' on here!? This is totally fucked up! Where'd my 3,000 yen go?

lisacourtyard2.jpg
    Wow, rumors really do become reality! I just got 3,000 yen! Let's get something to eat, Tatsuya! <3

As we head to the Principals office, we kill enough stuff to level up a bunch of times. We also learn a bunch of fusion spells

ScreenHunter_105Jul011310.jpg
    ScreenHunter_118Jul011318.jpg

ScreenHunter_121Jul011323.jpg

From what I can tell, AGI is how fast and how many turns you get in combat, so its important. I usually always pump VIT in SMT titles because you never know how much HP you need, and most of the damage im doing is from fusion spells, so less emphasis on STR and more on TEC. I'm open to anyone elses knowledge on how to build this guy, however!

Our persona also go up in rank

ScreenHunter_106Jul011311.jpg

Rank up grants bonus stats, new spells, and may allow some persona to change into new ones. This allows some of your first personas to scale pretty well. Fusion spells are the fastest way to rank up.

We reach the third floor, and enter the Principals office.

ScreenHunter_125Jul011330.jpg
    Waai! Hey, Hey! Do you know where the principal is?

Male Student
    No matter where we look, we can't find him. Where could he have gone when the school needs him most of all...?

Female Student
    If the principal were here, he'd be able to do something about this curse.

eikichioffice1.jpg
    Maybe he went and disappeared because he couldn't stand in the presence of me, the great Michelle!? Hmph... Seems like the worse kind o' scum!

Male Student
    Huh? Are you from K'ass-u-gay... I mean.. from Kasugayama High?

eikichioffice1.jpg
    Okaaaay! Let's go, everybody!! Right on!

Male Student
    Get him! His emblem will ward off the curse!!

ScreenHunter_136Jul011333.jpg
    They smack him around and steal his emblem, and then jet.

ekichioffice2.jpg
    Cut that crap out, you bunch o' dumbasses! Man, what's with this school!? Why do I have to put with this!?

lisaoffice1.jpg
    You're in Sevens now... Walking around with K'ass-u-gay-ama High's emblem can't be good!

ekichioffice2.jpg
    And why's that!? It's not my fault you went and called that Joker bastard! You need to take your share of the responsibility for this!!

lisaoffice2.jpg
    Keh he! What do you know!? People can't take responsibility when they don't even know what was going on! And what does responsibility even mean to you? You're the Underpants Gang leader, the guy who gets a kick out of pulling other people's pants down!! Yeah, you! The Underpants Gang leader! Underpants... Gang... Leader!

ekichioffice2.jpg
    And who do you think you are? Some foreign chick thinkin' she can speak fluent Japanese! Even throwin' in words from a language nobody here knows! Where the hell do you even come from, anyway!? Here, I'll make it easier for everyone to remember you! From now on, you're silver-girl. “Gin-ko”! Ginko! Ginko! Ginko! GINKO!

ginkooffice.jpg
    Fan ah! No-no-no! Don't call me that stupid name!

ScreenHunter_148Jul011334.jpg
    Ciao...
    Pretty stormy atmosphere in here, if you ask me! Come on now, you guys! I can't stand so watch your little lover's quarrel!

eikinchiandginko.jpg

mayaoffice1.jpg
    Sometimes, I'm a hot-blooded reporter! Other times, I'm a shy little editor. But the truth is.. I'm always... The ace journalist from the editorial divisions at 'Coolest”! Maya Amano! Please to meet ya!

mayaintro.jpg

and shes accompanied by another familiar face too;

yukinamaya.jpg

eikichioffice3.jpg
    Okay! Let's go, babes! I'm....

ginkooffice.jpg
    “Coolest”... That's gotten pretty popular lately, huh? But why would a journalist be wandering a high school?

mayaoffice2.jpg
    We're trying to gather some good pictures and quotes for a special article about rumors being spread in high schools. The biggest thing other than the cursed emblems would have to be this “Joker” character. But all of a sudden, the school went nuts! Nobody's exactly eager to do interviews right now! What exactly is happening here at Sevens? If you know anything about it, can you tell us? Anything worth adding to the article?

ginkooffice2.jpg
    Umm, well... Th, that is to say... We don't really know much about it....
    Right, Tatsuya?

mayaoffice2.jpg
    Hmm.... You're hiding something!

eikichioffice3.jpg
    No lie, babe! I ain't searchin' for the Sevens principal! And the Joker didn't step on me or nothin'!

yukinaoffice1.jpg
    What do you mean, “didn't step on you”? You know something important, don't you!?

mayaoffice2.jpg
    I've interviewed enough people to be able to see when someone is hiding stuff from me! And now that I know that much... I'm not letting you out of my sight!!

yukinaoffice1.jpg
    Tell is everything, or suffer the consequences!

What the hell kind of journalists are these? Good thing the Jokers minions burst in before Yukino and Maya kick our asses.

ScreenHunter_173Jul011336.jpg

Of course, Yukino and Maya have their own personas. They destroy these zombies with no help from our party

ScreenHunter_182Jul011336.jpg
    ScreenHunter_185Jul011337.jpg

mayaoffice3.jpg
    Whew... Is everyone okay? (Maya turns around to see Tatsuya, Eikichi, and Lisa weeping)
    W, wait... What happened to all of you? Were you really that frightened?

lisaoffice5.jpg
    What...? Why did I start crying? All of a sudden, *sniff*... Tears just came to my eyes.

eikichicrying.jpg
    It's like.. It's a feeling I haven't had for a long time. I feel even warmer then when I'm with Ginko or Suo... Almost like I'm... bein' held in my mother's arms.

mayaoffice3.jpg
    Pretty strange... I felt it too... Why does this all feel so familiar...?

yukinoclocktower2.jpg
    Maybe I can try to explain? I'm pretty knowledgeable about demons.. What I have to say might be useful.

mayaoffice2.jpg
    Wait, you all have the same power as me? A Persona, huh? So it wasn't my guardian angel after all...Yukki! I had no idea you were a Persona-user. Today's just been full of surprises!

yukinoclocktower2.jpg
    The first time I used a persona was in high school. It was after playing a game called 'Master Persona”... Has it already been three years? You wouldn't happen to have played a game by the name of “Master Persona”, have you?

masterperonsa.jpg

Eikichioffice4.jpg
    I sorta remember playing a game by that name, but I think it was while I was dreaming...

lisaoffice4.jpg
    …. Dreaming!?

yukinoclocktower2.jpg
    What about you, Lisa? Do you know of that game?

lisaoffice5.jpg
    No, not at all... I've never played a game like that.

mayaoffice2.jpg
    Well, we don't need to know exactly where Personas come from. Let's just leave it at that. We've go to think about what we're going to do now!

Mayaoffice4.jpg
    Well, you're being targeted by the Joker after all, right? What a scoop that'd be, running into him! And hey, if we stick together, we might be able to find out why we all became persona-users.

yukinoclocktower2.jpg
    I'll go with you too! Knowing that you're going up against demons is enough for me. I can't just sit back and ignore it!

ginkooffice3.jpg
    Wait a minute! We don't even have a clue where the principal is! Even if you come with us, I'm not sure what we're gonna do!

mayaoffice2.jpg
    Well, first things first! We'll put an end to this madness! Just as you might have wondered... If the principal were behind this mess, how would everyone react?

yukinoclocktower2.jpg
    Maya, it's one thing to say we'll put an end to it, but how will we be able to do it?

mayaoffice2.jpg
    I got it! Why not just destroy all the school emblems? The emblems are behind the rumors, so without any of them, this whole thing'd go away, right?

yukinooffice2.jpg
    Well... If rumors really are becoming reality, then the curse would have no effect without any emblems. Do you really buy it? Rumors becoming reality?

mayaoffice2.jpg
    Let's think positive! Even if it doesn't work, we did what we could! I wonder who decided to model Sevens' emblem after the constellation Pleiades? There have got to be other things that have the emblem design, other than the uniforms! W should look around for them.

ginkoclocktower2.jpg
    Then... What about the clocks in the classrooms? The background of each clock looks like the school emblem...

eikichioffice3.jpg
    Okay, my friends! The only thing we're doing now is getting older! Let's go and look for those emblems!

Everyone mentions how it feels like we've known each other forever, and as we leave Eikichi tells the ladies to wait up.

ScreenHunter_233Jul011341.jpg

Maya takes the dual pink pistols, and Yukino keeps her throwing knives. As we move through classrooms destroying clocks

ScreenHunter_237Jul011343.jpg

There are 10 of these clocks, one in each of the open classrooms. As we explore more of them, we find the Newspaper club.

ScreenHunter_246Jul011351.jpg
    Female Student
    Miyabi Hanakoji's the chief in charge of the school newspaper. I'm telling you! There's no need to worry! She probably just tripped somewhere and got another nosebleed, huh?

ekichicourtyard2.jpg
    Hey... Hey! You there... Did you just say “Miyabi Hanakoji”!? You know her? DO YA!?

Newspaper Staff Member
    Mi.. Miyabi Hanakoji's a student here... She said that she was going to K'ass-u-gay-ama High... Did you see her there?

eickihiclassrom1.jpg
    Nah... The only person who came was a plump girl who called herself Hanaji. For real..? Miyabi transferred to Sevens, huh...? Haha... Really..?

Female Student
    Huh? You met up with Hanaji...? Didn't you know? Hanaji is...

ginkooffice2.jpg
    Hey, uh! Underpants Gang Leader!? I know Miyabi pretty well... How do you know her, though?

eickihiclassroom2.jpg
    What!? Really...? So you know her, too!? Miyabi's not a tough-lookin' girl like you... She's slim and beautiful. She's really high class, isn't she? You know what I mean, right?

Newspaper Staff Member and Female Student
    S... Slim and beautiful!?

lisaoffice2.jpg
    Ugh... Gotta keep quiet, gotta gold it in...

ginksoclassroom.jpg
    Hey, come on! Tell us how you know her!

eikichioffice3.jpg
    How do I know her....? Well... Obviously, she was an old girlfriend of mine from a long time ago! And by a long time ago, I mean elementary school! Somethin' happened, and we split up... I remember her face, stained with tears, begging me, “Eikichi! Please don't leave me!”...

Ginkoclassroom.jpg
    His girlfriend back in elementary school, huh? I don't know about their breakup, but it's clear he has no idea who Hanaji is! That must be why Miyabi told us not to say anything... Heh heh! This is interesting! Let's not saying anything to him, Tatsuya!

Theres only one more classroom of interest, and its got the rumor for this dungeons optional mini-boss.

ScreenHunter_275Jul011354.jpg

A rumor you say? Sounds like we need to head to the detective agency.

ScreenHunter_290Jul011402.jpg

Also, while we're at the mall, I decided to check out some other shops and the velvet room.

ScreenHunter_291Jul011405.jpg
    ScreenHunter_292Jul011405.jpg
    ScreenHunter_294Jul011405.jpg
    ScreenHunter_295Jul011405.jpg
    ScreenHunter_296Jul011405.jpg
    ScreenHunter_301Jul011406.jpg
    ScreenHunter_304Jul011406.jpg

The Demon Artist can help us acquire Tarot cards that demons do not carry, as he can paint us them from Free Tarot cards, which are gotten from contracted interested demons. Belladona and Nanashi ar just for the background music.

I also hit up the other Ramen Shop, Gatten Ramen, and find out its being run by Eikichi's father.

ScreenHunter_317Jul011409.jpg
    ScreenHunter_318Jul011409.jpg
    eikichidads.jpg
    Eikichi's Father
    … What in the... ? This is ab.. ab.. absurd! What the hell kinda look you tryin' to pull here!?

Eikichioffice4.jpg
    Y-ye.. Yes sir! D-daddy... I mean.. uh, Dad... Listen, I can explain! There's a reason I look like this! We're uh.. We're getting ready for a costume party! Isn't That right, Suo!? It's part of a school festival! I... I don't usually go around looking like this!

Eikichi's Father
    Playin' dress up for a costume party, are ya!? You little brat... You think I can't tell when you're lyin' to me!? You've got to get your shit together so you can inherit this business! You can't go around looking like that! I'm not gonna let'cha off the hook on this one!

Eikichioffice4.jpg
    Uh... Ha ha ha.. Come... Come on, Dad... You don't really mean that, do you!? Hey, uh... Suo... We'd better split, man.... Ugh, I mean... Hey, shouldn't we be attending that practice right about now?

So Eikichi is a closet glam rocker who can't even look his dad in the face.

Not much else to do but return to the school and break the remaining 3 clocks in the faculty office. We're also looking for Nanako for the sub-quest.

Only took two or three random battles, and here she is

ScreenHunter_332Jul011412.jpg

Yeah, she a little girl in the toilet. She doesn't hit anyone hard except for Maya, and she goes down after 2 turns of fusion spells. When we return to the student who started the rumor, he gives us 5 SlipperyPowders, an item which I forgot its effect before I started this part. Sorry :( We head to the second floor and burst into the Faculty office, only to find Professor Saeko.

ScreenHunter_334Jul011421.jpg
    You all need to start behaving yourselves! How long have you been spreading these rumors!? Sheesh... I give up!

yukinofacultyoffice1.jpg
    Professor Saeko!? What are you doing here!?

Professor Saeko
    Ma... Mayazumi! I can't believe it's you! I took a position that opened up here last year! But why are you here Mayazumi? Could it be....? You did graduate high school, right?

yukinofacultyoffice1.jpg
    Oh, I'm here on a job! I'm working! I do part time work as a photographer. Today I came to the school to snap a few shots.

ginkooffice3.jpg
    Aiyaa! You two know each other?

Professor Saeko
    I taught her back at the school where I used to work before I came here. It looks like today was a bad day to come for some pictures, you know. Somethings not right here, as you can see...

yukinofacultyoffice1.jpg
    Yeah, it's a real mess out there, but there's something I wanted to ask you about, professor...

Professor Saeko
    …. What do you mean the curse was started by rumors!? So you're saying that if the crests are broken, the curse will have no effect... I see. If you need my help, I'll cooperate! Suo! I'll take responsibility if this doesn't work! You just go and break whatever emblems you find!

Tatsuya goes around and smashes 3 emblems. Don't know why they gave me control of this part.

eikichifacultyoffice1.jpg
    Okay, everybody! Now we should able to bust 'em up!

Professor Saeko
    This will make the illness go away, right?

ScreenHunter_351Jul011422.jpg
    lisaoffice1.jpg
    Hey, didn't we forget the biggest one? And by that I mean the clock tower!! It's still there, you know.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    edited July 2010
    I didn't read it all yet, but, Stats:
    VIT up to approximately 15 or so, then nothing but TEC up until it hits, like, fucking 60, or more! Max it if you want. Then 2 VIT:1 TEC until TEC is maxed, then 2 VIT:1 AGI.

Ignore Luck because you can get Lucky Sauces really easily. Ignore Agility because most of his best Personas give +1 Agility per level. If you manage to get Fool cards, equip a VIT Sauce instead of a Lucky Sauce because Fool Personas give +1 Luck per level. If you use a Persona that has a +1 TEC, then only put two points into TEC and put the third into VIT or Agility

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited July 2010
    Part Two of Part Two

oh god
    The PA system comes on, and the Principal wants to deliver a message.

ScreenHunter_353Jul011422.jpg
    The command of the principal is absolute! Is that understood? Seven Sisters High is mine, so take good care of it!

Professor Saeko gives up and tells everyone to clean up the mess they've made, but Tatsuya and friends decide to bust up the clock tower. First they need a key, which Hannya has. Luckily, theres a second copy in the janitors office.

ScreenHunter_367Jul011441.jpg

We find some very creepy things in here, like

poster.jpg

and

cardboardbox.jpg

but no key. Turns out the janitor has it in his hands the entire time, so the party takes it. Next stop, clock tower!

ginkofrightened.jpg

Basically a “SAVE NOW” warning.

The party ascends, and this place looks oddly like the clock tower from Deadly Premonition.

ScreenHunter_392Jul011516.jpg
    It doesn't look like Hannya's here. Let's just bust up this clock and say goodbye to this place!

ScreenHunter_397Jul011516.jpg
    notlikethis.jpg
    Time.. must not... flow.. I wanted... to be sure..

Both Eikichi and Ginko have seen the ghost before, but before they can discuss it anymore, both Hannya and the Joker appear.

thejoker.jpg
    ginkoclocktower.jpg
    Principal Hannya! Just as I thought, you've got some kind of connection to the Joker! The curse on the emblems, and the reason everyone's acting strangely is all because you made a deal with the Joker, isn't it? Admit it!

hannya.jpg
    What are yo saying, you little dumbass!? The cursed emblems are divine punishment upon the students for their misbehavior! You've all forgotten why you're here at school! You waste away, day by day, only thinking of your looks and dating! The curse was poetic justice! Even if it started as a rumor at Kasugayama High. I doubt that is what made it reality.... Still, a simple wish to Master Joker would make all of the students' faces return to normal. How does this sound? Kneel before master Joker, and he will give you whatever you wish!

yukinaoffice1.jpg
    And what did the Joker give to you!?

hannya.jpg
    Ha ha ha! To me!? He made the students love their principal... And brought back my long, flowing hair!

joker.jpg
    “As the stars shine in the sky above, the time that was once frozen comes to pass...”
    I desire more then just revenge. I, “the one who gives”... And you, “ the one who takes” … I am locked in battle with the dreams of Tatsuya Suo! Never again will I allow you to destroy another's dream... Never again will I allow the same mistake to be repeated! Time has begun to move again... Listen to the ringing of the bell which resounds with dreams!

The Joker then goes through his convenient portal, and our group tries to jump after him. Hannya likes his new hair, so he takes up the position of first boss.

ScreenHunter_426Jul011518.jpg
    ScreenHunter_433Jul011519.jpg

He has 3 attacks, a drill that hits for most of a characters HP (35-50), a light dmg aoe (15-20) and a normal wrench attack (30). Maya goes dedicated healer, as she only has bufu which the boss nulls, hama, and a light phys scratch. Tatsuya and Yukki tear him apart with Blazing Hell.

ScreenHunter_437Jul011522.jpg
    tripledigit.jpg

Triple digit damage, everything is in the bag.

hanyaalimp.jpg

Everyone levels up after this fight, so here's a look at our stats.

ScreenHunter_439Jul011523.jpg

ginkoclocktower.jpg
    We won! And now you're gonna tell us everything you know about the Joker!

ScreenHunter_445Jul011524.jpg

And then he proceeds to jump out the window.

eikichiclocktower.jpg
    Aren't we four stories up!? Man... That old guy's dead for sure.

ScreenHunter_450Jul011524.jpg
    That boy reminds me of you somehow, Tatsuya... And I feel like i've met him somewhere before. “It chills me, when I behold his pale face.. For the moon shows me my own features again. You spirit double, you specter with my face...” “Why do you mock my love-pain so... That tortured me here, here in this place... So many nights, so long ago?” It's from a poem called 'Der Doppleganger”. Tatsuya, have you heard it before?

yukinoclocktower1.jpg
    Maya... You don't mean to say that Suo has a doppleganger, do you?

Mayaoffice4.jpg
    As if!! I just thought they looked alike! Don't worry about it, Tatsuya.
    Let's Think Positive! At times like these, we just have to keep heading forward, right? It's not like we have no clues at all! We just have to follow the rumors!! The rumors will definitely lead us straight to the Joker!

yukinoclocktower2.jpg
    Hey, that's a great idea! Hannya was talking about how the emblem curse originated from rumors at Kasugayama High, didn't he?

eickihiclassrom1.jpg
    Wait a minute! I, the great Michelle, am from Kasuygayama High! And I don't know anybody there who'd spread a rumor like that! It'd be a waste of time following up on that. If we're going to check around, it should be at another spot!

ginkoclocktower2.jpg
    Since we're looking for rumors about the Joker, would'nt it be best to ask the president of the journalism club if she knows anything yet? I'm talking about Hanahji! We should be able to find her at the Peace Diner in Yumezaki. Why don't we just go to there for now?

ScreenHunter_466Jul011525.jpg
    didhedie.jpg

And that looks like a good place to end this one. Boy, maybe i over did it with the portraits, let me know what you guys think!

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    edited July 2010
    Spoilers relating to end of the update
    This is one of those questions that has an effect on later events. Which did you answer?

Also, yeah, the portraits were too much. And also too large. Screenshots are okay, and they'll help keep you from hitting the text cap, too. Just don't cap every single line.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited July 2010
    I choose him staying alive, however i can save state it to whatever the thread wants. Im here for you guys!

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    edited July 2010
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    I choose him staying alive
    That's a good answer. Good answer, fRAWRst :)

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited July 2010
    I love the new format, especially the portraits. I don't envy all the work that must take, but the results pay off.

Also, fun fact: the Demon Artist is basically Kazuma Kaneko's avatar.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited July 2010
    I really like the portrait thing. They could be a bit smaller, perhaps, but they're fine as is.

And if we can vote on the Principal's fate or whatever, I say... Death. But really only because fRAWRst went with him staying alive.

WotanAnubis on
    edited July 2010
    Update coming in tomorrow or monday, gonna see if i can find a bunch of set portraits to make things easier.
    Other then that, Hannyas staying alive, and im gonna start following Blackjack's lvl up/stat advice.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    edited July 2010
    Further advice: Make EMPEROR Airgetlam as soon as you can (ie level 4 or so -- give it an Aqua card or something so it has more than just Earth spells though) and give him to Eikichi. After it stops being useful, you can mutate it into ROD Hotei. They're both really good Personas in their own right and, more importantly, give +1 TEC a level, which is an amazing thing for Eikichi. Because Eikichi almost never puts points into TEC.

edit: also, everyone's Luck really only needs to be around 20 at the most--that'll give you sufficiently hight Mutation Rates without eating into your other stats' growth. Once luck is in the 15-20 for everyone, switch them to Vitality Sauces except for Yukki and Eikichi who get Agility Sauces.

This all has me very tempted to do another runthrough of the game, by the way. :lol:

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• TeyarTeyar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You know... Persona 2 was the first console game I bought with my own money, EVER. I kept staring at that damned box, trying to figure out what sort of game it was, if it was worth spending money on. Every time I went through the video game section I eyed it.

And then I finally freaking bought it and it was indeed sublime.

I'm pretty sure I never played more than ten hours in or so due to massive levels of not understanding WTF was going on.
    But man am I looking forward to following a full Lets Play of it.

Teyar on
    Kick At The Darkness Until It Bleeds Daylight
    edited July 2010
    Hey guys, let's talk music! This game has some great music.

First, character themes (some of the 'related videos are spoilery, try not to look at them :( ):

Tatsuya
    Maya Maya has about 37 other themes, too, each more spoilery than the last.

Lisa
    Eikichi
    Eikichi's Theme

...there is no sad version. Did you listen to that shit? If they made a sad version of that we'd all kill ourselves.

Yukino
    Joker
    Now, fights!

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited July 2010
    Part 3!

So we're off to find Hanaji at the Peace Diner, but before we head there we're gonna find some other characters that can tell us rumors. These guys are called Rumormongers, and they're are a bunch of them scattered throughout locations. Our first stop is Honmaru Park to find some homeless dude.

ScreenHunter_01Jul051159.jpg

ScreenHunter_04Jul051159.jpg
    I wish Toronto had more smart and philosophical homeless men. Would make subway rides much more interesting.

Toku, the Rumormonger
    I've been keeping my ears tuned to the whispering of society... From such rumors, we can obtain knowledge of certain aspects of the world, from the hypocrisy to the deceptions. ...If you know of any interesting rumors, would you tell me? I'll be sure to tell you what I know as well.

ScreenHunter_07Jul051159.jpg
    Rumormongers offer rumors of varying quality. The shop rumors have to deal with the quality (poor, average, great) and price (cheap, average, expensive) of the items being sold there. It's usually the best idea to get the highest quality, as money is not much of an issue as far as I can tell. The other rumors are about the rate of winning and item quality of the Sweepstakes magazine, and the best game to play at the casino.

tokutherumoromonger.jpg
    Do not want.

ScreenHunter_17Jul051201.jpg
    Hmm, what indeed!

Toku also mentions a suspicious fellow who goes by the name of Count, who apparently has the ability to see into the souls of others. Creepy, I bet he has nothing to do with the Joker though.

Next we head back to Gatten Sushi to meet up with Toro, another rumormonger.

ScreenHunter_20Jul051204.jpg
    We get all the available rumors, and book it to the newest area open on the map, Yumzezaki. Next stop, Peace Diner!

ScreenHunter_30Jul051207.jpg

ScreenHunter_31Jul051207.jpg

repoter.jpg
    Huuuh!? Is that you, Lisa? I never expected to bump into you in a place like this!

lisadiner1.jpg
    Oh... You're... that girl who works on the school newspaper with Hanaji... Umm.... Chikalin, right?

repoter.jpg
    Chikalin, the Rumormonger
    Uh, what? You forgot who I was for a second there, didn't you? Well, at least you remembered in the end, so I'll let that slide. Yeah, I'm Chikalin.

chikalinintro.jpg
    Sloppy and faster then Hanaji? These introductions are getting weird.

lisadiner2.jpg
    Cool... Hey, do you know where Hanaji is?

repoter.jpg
    Ahh, I had a feeling you'd ask that, I was searching for info on the emblem's curse with Hanaji, after all. We came across some info that some K'ass-u-gay-ama boy was the one who started the rumors of the illness, and that he was in the Zodiac. Hanaji snuck in to get the details.

eikichi1.jpg
    She... She snuck in!? There's no way a fat girl like her could sneak in there without being noticed!

lisadiner3.jpg
    Hey, Underpants Gang leader! Don't be stupid! Didn't you just notice she said the one who started the rumor was a boy from K'ass-u-gay-ama!?

eikichi2.jpg
    No way! Nobody in our school is that much of a coward! They know that I wouldn't let them get away with it! That porker just got the wrong idea!

lisadiner3.jpg
    Hannya said that a student from K'ass-u-gay-ama started the rumor, though! That makes two witnesses! You still doubt that it's true!?

eikichi2.jpg
    It's... just because everyone's jealous of us. I'll show you that these rumors aren't true!

yukino1.jpg
    Yeah, yeah. Just stop. Enough already, okay? We should just go to the Zodiac and find out the truth for ourselves, don't you think? If the rumor turns out to Eikichi, then you can just make sure that student pays for it... Deal?

ScreenHunter_54Jul051212.jpg
    We hit up Chikalin for all the rumors shes got, more rumors on sweepstakes, shops, and casinos. Next stop, Zodiac.

ScreenHunter_62Jul051220.jpg
    On our way in, we encounter 2 girls arguing.

ScreenHunter_64Jul051220.jpg

lisadiner1.jpg
    Aiyaa! Noriko, what are you doing here!? It looks like she hasn't given up on Anna Yoshizaka yet....

Noriko
    Don't do that! Smoking's bad for your health! If you do that, you won't be able to run again....

anna.jpg

Noriko
    Hey... Do I really bother you that much? You're so stupid!

yukino2.jpg
    Cut that out... Trying too hard to look cool is not cool.

Anna
    ….Who're you?

yukino2.jpg
    Me? I'm Yukino Mayuzumi. A photographer... in training.

Anna
    …What do you care what I do? … Would you just get out of my face?

yukino2.jpg
    Only if you start listening to the advice of others. Otherwise, it's your own fault.

Anna
    What a load of crap.

yukino2.jpg
    Well, aren't you angry?

Anna
    ...You're not gonna change anything. I'd hate it if you went through all that trouble for nothing.

Anna leaves, and some Kasugayama students notice our gang.

Kasugayama High Student
    Hey, hey! You came here to talk smack? You must think you're a pretty cool guy! You're from Sevens, huh? If you don't go home quickly, that creepy old principal of yours is gonna be mad!

eikichi1.jpg
    Everybody, that's enough! Try to behave a bit more “elegantly”! You don't want me to get angry, do you?

Kasugayama High Student
    Hmm, Michelle!? It's, it's... Eikichi Mishina!! Nobody's gonna listen to you anymore! You're not the leader of our gang anymore!

eikichi3.jpg
    What are you sayin'? What's up with all of ya?

Kasugayama High Student
    We've got a new head of the gang! Our new head's really strong! All of the gang at Kasugayama High that used to follow you decided to go with Head Sugimoto!

eikichi4.jpg
    Su... Sugimoto!? Sugimoto, the Head of Kasugayama High....? Don't you dare fuck with me!

Kasugayama High Student
    Eeeee!! He, help me... I... heard the rumors! “The Head's stronger then the Gang Leader”... Everybody's been saying it!
    We're the ones who spread the rumors for the Head! And whatever punishment Sevens got is what they deserved...

ScreenHunter_102Jul051223.jpg

eikichi3.jpg
    We're gonna hear that from Sugimoto himself! Hey! Where's Sugimoto now!?

Kasugayama High Student
    In a secret club area...

eikichi3.jpg
    A secret club? I'm gonna beat him to a pulp for letting this get outta hand!

ginko.jpg
    Wait a second, “Underpants Gang Leader”! Hey, did a girl named Hanaji come in here? She was doing some research about the cursed emblems...

Kasugayama High Student
    I don't know any Hanaji.... But some girl named Miyabi Hanakoji went into a secret club to meet with the Head...

eikichi4.jpg
    What!? Did you just say Miyabi Hanakoji? Hanakoji went to see Sugimoto!? This.... This ain't happenin'!

Eikichi storms off, but before we chase him, lets see what everyone has to say.

ScreenHunter_114Jul051237.jpg
    I like good stuff. So we head back to the detective agency to spread some juicy rumors!

ScreenHunter_125Jul051239.jpg
    I've already spread the rumors about the weapons and armor shops; I went with high quality. I'll leave the casino and Sweepstakes up to you guys though.

Casino what wins big?
    Blackjack
    Poker
    Slots

Sweepstakes rarity of items and win rate
    you don't win often, but the items are great
    you generally win alot, but the items aren't to special
    you rarely win, but the items are even rarer!

Back to Zodiac, and we enter our second dungeon. Even though we're down a member due to Eikichi storming off, the encounters here are just more of the first dungeons monsters, with some new guys like blob thrown in. Also, I discover our first all hit fusion spell, Mega Blast. 2 Agi's and a Garu gets us 100+ fire dmg.

ScreenHunter_127Jul051241.jpg
    Triple fusion spells also rank up your Personas the fastest, so this becomes our bread and butter for the dungeon. It one hits pretty much anything that isn't fire resistant. I grind a bit, since SP is restored by moving. Tatsuya's persona Volcanius gets a bunch of rank ups and learns Dia too. Pretty handy.

ScreenHunter_131Jul051247.jpg
    Full vit until 15 or so, then full tec. Thanks Blackjack!

The second floor is indeed a maze, buts its simple and full of items. We get a bunch of different cards, which are used in summoning Personas to get added skills. Also, it is home to these adorable thing.

ScreenHunter_138Jul051308.jpg
    I should introduce myself! I'm Trish! I'm the fairy that protects the healing fountain... I'll heal whatever wounds you might have. It's not free, of course1 Passing through the world requires a little “give and take”! You can recover, if you've got the cash! Okay! Let's see... This healing will come to... Hmm...

ScreenHunter_143Jul051308.jpg
    Holy crap! And we're only missing 2 or 3 hps and some sp. No thank you!

Trish
    Tch, patience isn't a virtue if it gets you killed, you know! Go ahead and die then, you tightwad! It's dangerous beyond that door! Someone's got to be there if people are hurt! That's why I'm here! If you're not a tightwad, then you'll recover right away! Huh? You're not going to heal, then? No! This is unacceptable! Get out!

Bitch. We grab the rest of the items on the floor and move up to the third. As soon as we go up the stairs, Yukino pipes up.

ScreenHunter_148Jul051310.jpg
    HEY YOU MIGHT WANNA SAVE HERE!

ScreenHunter_150Jul051313.jpg
    I don't do smash and grabs bro. I just drive.

ScreenHunter_151Jul051313.jpg
    Ahh, dangerous floors! Walking over these does about 20 dmg to each party member, not bad but im more afraid of what is to come.

We find the Staff room, where a bunch of masked high schoolers are talking about an assembly.

ScreenHunter_154Jul051315.jpg

Time to get into the “secret club”

ScreenHunter_168Jul051316.jpg
    sigomoto.jpg

Sugimoto
    Oh, by the way! If you use that Grim Reaper of yours... Well... you know exactly what I'll do this girl here, huh?

Kasugayama High Student
    Without your Grim Reaper, you're just a lousy wimp! What was all that about 'Don't pick on the weak”? That was all just 'cause you were weak! You broke into this assembly, but I knew you didn't see this comin' at all! It's a good thing you came!

Sugimoto
    Ahh, you're pretty worn out.. Does this chunk of lard really mean that much to you?

eikichi5.jpg
    Cut the crap... This has gone far enough! If you've done anything to Hanakoji I'll make all of you bastards pay!!

Sugimoto
    Huh!? What're ya talking about? Hanakoji's right h.....

ScreenHunter_178Jul051317.jpg

Sugimoto
    Dyhahahahaha!! Don't you tell me he doesn't know!? She IS Miyabi Hanakoji!

eikichi5.jpg
    Are... you serous!? Is it really you, Hanakoji?

miyabi.jpg
    I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!

eikichi6.jpg
    Why....? Why didn't you tell me!? I... I...

miyabi.jpg
    Because I wouldn't be able to look at you! Eikichi, you... You were the one person I couldn't tell!

Sugimoto
    You two used to go out? You and the fatso, a couple! That would be a perfect match, huh?

eikichi6.jpg
    Shutup! Ever since that time, I've done whatever I could to be worthy of Hanakoji!

Sugimoto
    Worth? Of her!? Dyahahahahaha!!

eikichi5.jpg
    You bastard... You can mock me all you want... But don't you dare laugh at her!

Sugimoto
    You do know what kind of position you're in? If not, check this out!
    *swipes at Miyabi with his knife*

ScreenHunter_197Jul051318.jpg
    Hmm, this seems important. This has a lasting effect, and we can pick the wrong one. I'll come back to the thread tonight and start the next update, make the right choice guys!

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    edited July 2010
    Honestly, you get access to the casino (and therefore Luck and Vitality Sauces) earlier than I remember. Up VIT until 10, not 15. TEC, TEC, TEC! :)

Rumors:
    Slots for the casino, if you're not going to abuse your emulators powers and save state Bingo. If you are, then whatever because it doesn't matter.

Always go for the rarest/highest quality items for rumors, so "Hardly ever win, but the items are really rare" for the sweepstakes. It's really easy to up your luck through Personas (Pixie) and Items/Accessories, plus one other way I won't mention until you get to it, so if you submit 99 Magazines and have a pretty high Luck stat you'll still win fairly often, and you'll get things actually worth using, to boot.

As for my vote for the choice at the end
    Eikichi's a big boy. He can handle himself. :P

edit: also, you're still paraphrasing. Stop that. :P You cut out all the stuff between Lisa and Yukino leading up to that choice.

edit part 2! because I can't just say it all at once! Did you get the contact option for Tatsuya and Yukino in the Staff Room where you find the mask?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited July 2010
    Let's...
    save them. Saving sounds good.

WotanAnubis on
    edited July 2010

edit: also, you're still paraphrasing. Stop that. :P You cut out all the stuff between Lisa and Yukino leading up to that choice.

edit part 2! because I can't just say it all at once! Did you get the contact option for Tatsuya and Yukino in the Staff Room where you find the mask?

To be fair, "all that stuff" is 4 lines of Lisa and Yukino saying your two options. But next time! And yeah, i got the contact, i was gonna add in it and the Persona 1 mc reference but i'm trying to edit myself. :P

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    edited July 2010
    I'm changing my vote for the sweepstakes, too! I'm doing the rarely win and win rare items now (I started a new game myself :lol: ) and while I'm still winning a lot like I suggested, all I'm getting are crappy items like Somas and suchlike. Got a nice +3 to All Stats consumable, but other than that it's all Somas all the time. Try the middle of the road (Hard to win, good items) and see what you get. Be my guinea pig. :P

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited July 2010
    Vote: watch what happens.

Also, Toro's another Persona 1 vet, though hardly a major one; he's just kind of hanging around the cafeteria. (I just started P1 again, so I recognized him on sight)

Yukino is arguably the best cast member from the first game.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited July 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Vote: watch what happens.

Also, Toro's another Persona 1 vet, though hardly a major one; he's just kind of hanging around the cafeteria. (I just started P1 again, so I recognized him on sight)

Yukino is arguably the best cast member from the first game.
    Toro factors in a bit more in the Snow Queen Quest.
    He has a crush on Ayase, asks her out, is brutally rejected, and his Persona goes crazy and bursts from his chest, prompting her and Brown's Persona awakening.
    His Persona is Mara.
    Try not to think about how that helps him succeed in business.
    :winky:

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png