As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat]tlenet 2.0

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Blizzard wrote:
    Spell Power - Spell Power is another stat that you'll no longer see present on most items. Instead, Intellect will grant Spell Power. Intellect will also provide less mana than it currently does. One exception is that caster weapons will still have Spell Power. This allows us to make weapons proportionately more powerful for casters in the same way they are for melee classes.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh that's pretty cool I guess.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    AlethiometerAlethiometer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Here's a list of all the datamined blacksmithing stuff. There's a bunch of caster items on there. Looks like the entry level for raid epics will be 359, or about 100 ilevels beyond ICC 10. That seems about right.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1121

edit: I like the shield with nearly 12k armor on it. whee!

Alethiometer on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Actually, I dunno if they've gone back on that caster weapons thing or not. None of the newly-databased caster items, regardless of if they're armor or weapons, have any spellpower on them.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Actually, I dunno if they've gone back on that caster weapons thing or not. None of the newly-databased caster items, regardless of if they're armor or weapons, have any spellpower on them.

Might start only on raid epics, kind of like it did back in vanilla. But less sucky.

Echo on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The guild perks are insane. There are talents for raiding guilds, leveling guilds, PvP guilds and even types of guilds that don't even exist yet (crafting guilds, farming guilds) .

jackal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    The guild perks are insane. There are talents for raiding guilds, leveling guilds and even types of guilds that don't even exist yet (crafting guilds, farming guilds) .

Are those on MMO? didn't see them.

Echo on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    jackal wrote: »
    The guild perks are insane. There are talents for raiding guilds, leveling guilds and even types of guilds that don't even exist yet (crafting guilds, farming guilds) .

Are those on MMO? didn't see them.

http://www.wow.com/2010/06/30/cataclysm-beta-guild-perks/

jackal on
  • Options
    wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Ugh. I called someone on some GS bullshit in trade, and got spammed to shit by a bunch of mouthbreathers.
    People really seem to like defending their terrible little system on my server. :?

I uninstalled Gearscore last night and noticed a HUGE performance boost, and my PC is no slouch. It was useful when I used to run pugs, (to see the experience tab for people) but I'm not doing that anymore.

This. I uninstalled it because I wasn't really learning anything new from it anymore. Behavior is the true gauge for me. My rig is no slouch as well, and my performance also went through the roof.

wusoldjr on
  • Options
    AlethiometerAlethiometer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I installed elitist group 3 days ago and I love it. Gear score is a one dimensional measurement and shows nothing of value. Elitist group actually lets you check their raid experience, gems/enchants, and whether they're wearing appropriate gear, and it does it for the whole group in one command. You can also rate people and add commentary.

I think the only way people are going to beat gear score is by forming pugs and setting the standards. Most of the pugs I've seen lately are formed by desperate people who can't get into other groups, generally because they have no clue what they're doing. It goes without saying that these groups are going to blow. Be the solution!

Alethiometer on
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Actually GS can look at what content you have completed and how many times per boss. It also has gear to spec scores as well. It's a command prompt that next to no one knows about. It does not do raid wide checks though so that seems useful. As I have said before the only way to make mods like that go away is to have Blizzard bake it into their UI in some capacity.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    SerpicoSerpico Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, the whole rockbiter/unleash mechanic is really terribly implemented. 2 GCDs for a taunt really doesn't seem very 'emergency' to me. Its only use would be for kiting, and even then you run into the fact that A: If you need to kite something that doesn't need to be killed, Frost Shock alone will pretty much do it since noone else will be dpsing it and B: if you're kiting something that needs to be killed hunters and DKs are still much better since hunters can do more damage while moving and have feign death if the tank wants to pick it up at some point, while DKs have much more threat gen with frost presence+icy touch and tons of survivability CDs if there's a risk of what you're kiting cathes up to you. If you're kiting something that can be slowed it would have a niche since being able to cast from time to time plus Rockbiter might mean more TPS than a hunter/DK can cram out (still don't think you could beat a DK though), and I guess this gives raids an alternative for kiting without hunters/DKs but that's still very very limited.

Serpico on
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man they have done that in every expansion

were people not expecting it this time?

Sunwell gear was better than anything up to and including level 80 greens and blues -- only once you started raiding did you replace it. If this keeps, the first blues out of the starting pen in Cataclysm will be better than anything in Wrath.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Serpico wrote: »
    Man, the whole rockbiter/unleash mechanic is really terribly implemented. 2 GCDs for a taunt really doesn't seem very 'emergency' to me. Its only use would be for kiting, and even then you run into the fact that A: If you need to kite something that doesn't need to be killed, Frost Shock alone will pretty much do it since noone else will be dpsing it and B: if you're kiting something that needs to be killed hunters and DKs are still much better since hunters can do more damage while moving and have feign death if the tank wants to pick it up at some point, while DKs have much more threat gen with frost presence+icy touch and tons of survivability CDs if there's a risk of what you're kiting cathes up to you. If you're kiting something that can be slowed it would have a niche since being able to cast from time to time plus Rockbiter might mean more TPS than a hunter/DK can cram out (still don't think you could beat a DK though), and I guess this gives raids an alternative for kiting without hunters/DKs but that's still very very limited.

Clearly this means that Shaman will be tanking and Blizzard does not want to come out an announce it yet. :)

Mutilate on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    eh, people replaced sunwell stuff with craftables in wrath, although granted not until level 80.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Now this is what I call a placeholder.
    WoWScrnShot_051010_160916.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, the whole rockbiter/unleash mechanic is really terribly implemented. 2 GCDs for a taunt really doesn't seem very 'emergency' to me.

I don't think imbues are supposed to be reactive. I'm pretty sure the idea is you'd already have RB on your weapon situationally, and the unleash is an added perk that follows the same purpose.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ah, I can see it now...
    LFG <entry-level Cata dungeon>, must have 10k GS!

Gearscore is going to have a terrible inflation problem in Cata, and it really doesn't tell you anything more than average iLevel would.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, the whole rockbiter/unleash mechanic is really terribly implemented. 2 GCDs for a taunt really doesn't seem very 'emergency' to me.

I don't think imbues are supposed to be reactive. I'm pretty sure the idea is you'd already have RB on your weapon situationally, and the unleash is an added perk that follows the same purpose.

I can't see any situation where a shaman would want to generate 30% more threat except an emergency.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »

I can't see any situation where a shaman would want to generate 30% more threat except an emergency.

Probably because you haven't played Cataclysm yet.

Which isn't to say that this isn't a bizarre and unnecessary change, but it's also possible there are very specific reasons for it.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wow how is this for awesome I get in the beta, and sometime between now and when the sc2 beta closed my account was compromised.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    god damnit this is going to end up with me obsessively and also compulsively refreshing my battle.net management page in hopes that i'll get access to the beta wont it?

PoolCue on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So wow.com has an interesting lore tidbit up from Cataclysm about the Forsaken
    The Val'kyrs have a new master now, and also happen to solve a little problem the Forsaken have with keeping their numbers up

Nobody on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    So wow.com has an interesting lore tidbit up from Cataclysm about the Forsaken
    The Val'kyrs have a new master now, and also happen to solve a little problem the Forsaken have with keeping their numbers up
    :winky:

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What? I don't get it?

Well looking at troll druids they are no longer something I want to play a worgen either male or female replaces it what class I do not know

Do they ever want people to play goblins all that crap they get
    I looked and saw nothing yet again for a beta invite in my email account

Someone was talking about how troll druids and night elf mages get a story land like death knights? last night

Brainleech on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah in the same way that green quests items replace dungeon blues, maybe early crafted epics from previous expansions, they're just going all out. Expect to replace your 264 shit at least as soon as questing begins

Javen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What? I don't get it?

Well looking at troll druids they are no longer something I want to play a worgen either male or female replaces it what class I do not know

Someone was talking about how troll druids and night efl mages get a story land like death knights? last night

if you're referring to my spoiler:
    After the death of Arthas, Sylvanas took control of the Val'kyr and is using them to create more Forsaken.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    What? I don't get it?

Someone was talking about how troll druids and night efl mages get a story land like death knights? last night

if you're referring to my spoiler:
    After the death of Arthas, Sylvanas took control of the Val'kyr and is using them to create more Forsaken.
    They are setting her up perfectly to be a villian.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sylvanas has always been a villain, to some extent or another. She's always been in it for her own goals. Even Thrall knew/knows she is only part of the horde as a matter of convenience. There is a reason there are Orc guards that walk around Undercity now, and it's not just because of the uprising (this was actually a great touch by Blizzard, to put the orc watchers in Undercity).

(Why are you guys spoilering this stuff? It's up on the WoW website, it's not really spoiler material).

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I always felt like her endgame was vengeance, but she doesn't really have that going for her now that the LK is dead.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What? I don't get it?

Someone was talking about how troll druids and night elf mages get a story land like death knights? last night

Where are you from? Your posts are very difficult to read sometimes. They read like a stream of conciousness and not much like a person whose second language is english.

Buddies on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Problem is, she is the Forsaken. I don't think I've run into a Forsaken NPC (aside from Putress who just wants to kill EVERYONE) who wasn't fiercely loyal to her. If she does defect and become a villain, it'll be very difficult to explain why the rest of the Forsaken don't follow her.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    End wrote: »
    I always felt like her endgame was vengeance, but she doesn't really have that going for her now that the LK is dead.

She never really got her revenge though. Yeah Arthas has been handled but there is still a LK (although to what extend we don't know) and she was, in a way, robbed of her revenge. Sure she was around when he dies but she did not actually kill him. If anything it may add fuel to her fire to lash out against all those who were involved with his death. Or they could go the typical route and just say that DW corrupts her. Either way I will be surprised if we don't fight her in a raid during this expansion.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If Sylvanas & the Forsaken really go over the wall it will probably be in WC4 or whatever, not in WoW's lifetime. Doesn't hurt to set up for it though.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    Problem is, she is the Forsaken. I don't think I've run into a Forsaken NPC (aside from Putress who just wants to kill EVERYONE) who wasn't fiercely loyal to her. If she does defect and become a villain, it'll be very difficult to explain why the rest of the Forsaken don't follow her.

Yeah, well, Kael'thas.

reVerse on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's a good point reVerse.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Javen wrote: »

Eh, I dunno that she'll defect, so much as ride that razor edge. She'll probably occasionally do things counter to the will of the Horde, get in some hot water with Thrall, maybe be a cool cameo in some quests, but I doubt she goes full on rogue (see: Kael'thas), because she needs the horde to some extent.

e: Naphtali also makes a great point. Blizzard thinks in the long term, the very big picture. Don't be surprised when Blizzard starts using WoW to setup what will be WC4, and then WC4 is used as a setup for WoW 2.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Are they loyal to her or loayl to whoever their leader is? I can't honestly think of anyone off the top of my head that could take over but you can always throw out the angle that she loses followers because she goes bat shit and stops worrying about the best interest of the Forsaken.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Sylvanas has always been a villain, to some extent or another. She's always been in it for her own goals. Even Thrall knew/knows she is only part of the horde as a matter of convenience. There is a reason there are Orc guards that walk around Undercity now, and it's not just because of the uprising (this was actually a great touch by Blizzard, to put the orc watchers in Undercity).

(Why are you guys spoilering this stuff? It's up on the WoW website, it's not really spoiler material).

It's on wow.com, not the blizzard site, and I know there are people who are avoiding lore spoilers so I figured I'd spoiler stuff so people don't complain down the line.

Nobody on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Are they loyal to her or loayl to whoever their leader is? I can't honestly think of anyone off the top of my head that could take over but you can always throw out the angle that she loses followers because she goes bat shit and stops worrying about the best interest of the Forsaken.

I'd imagine we can predict Sylvanas going evil the moment they introduce a new Forsaken NPC with a major role in things, as that NPC will be her successor as the leader of the Forsaken.

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.