As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat]tlenet 2.0

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sylvanas is the Forsaken queen, unless she suddenly reverts to Scourge, she can't 'go rogue' to the Forsaken. Where she goes, the Forsaken follow. Very few is any Forsaken would give a damn if she suddenly turned on the Horde. Remember, the Undercity uprising happened because there were Forsaken that WANTED to turn the Horde into bubbling green puddles of goo.

If there's ever a raid where Sylvanas is the end badguy, I wanna be one of the raid bosses in it. Or at least one of the trash mobs.

*edit Also, I want big black etherial wings now.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    shosarshosar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    soooo, did someone ask for the goblin voices?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvxQL3GtaFI
    Howabout some flirts?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMKLwqUxHJk
    Oooh, you're not happy with just the male voices?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spC9Vtn03ow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czYiNGdC9oo

shosar on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like the female goblin jokes. Girl's got attitude.

edit: Also, what's that, Jersey accent? Sounds like Sopranos parody or something.

reVerse on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Soooo, I just saw in the mmo champ database that Warrior and Paladin shield slams have been changed to be a flat damage+100% AP instead of damage+SBV(obviously this had to be changed). I am now salivating at the thought of the massive shield slam crits I will be doing with full vengeance stacked up. I don't know how much AP we'll have at level 85, but I could easily imagine my Paladin having 20k attack power with a full vengeance stack.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Asuma wrote: »
    tehmarken wrote: »
    It would be interesting if these were just the "OH SHIT" cooldowns for tanking in case your main tank dies in a raid. Instead of just wiping, you could have a shaman or rogue pop cooldowns and tank a boss for 20-30 seconds while you battle rez the tank and get him back up.

What I was thinking as well. Combined with the (alleged) return of CC to Cataclysm, instances might actually require thought again rather than AoElololol.

I still think that the necessity of CC will be nerfed within the first month of release assuming it even gets out of Beta.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Now this is what I call a placeholder.
    WoWScrnShot_051010_160916.jpg

Oh my

This is the best

Gumpy on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    I like the female goblin jokes. Girl's got attitude.

edit: Also, what's that, Jersey accent? Sounds like Sopranos parody or something.

Brooklyn!

edit: oh lord that picture above.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So has anyone actually gotten a beta invite e-mail yet? I'm wondering if they even sent them. The only talk I'm seeing seems to be from former alpha testers. I haven't really seen any "OMG I GOT AN INVITE!" posts yet (like, anywhere).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wow, it's nice to see that level 79 BS greens are better than Heroic LK gear. What the fuck.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Shit, the fact that the levelling gear is so damn good just makes me feel even better about not putting in the effort to gear up my alts prior to Cata's release. I welcome it.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Now this is what I call a placeholder.
    WoWScrnShot_051010_160916.jpg

Oh my

This is the best

This is beautiful.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Shit, the fact that the levelling gear is so damn good just makes me feel even better about not putting in the effort to gear up my alts prior to Cata's release. I welcome it.

On the other hand it does make raiding for any other reason than achievements pretty fucking pointless

Edit: I mean, I worked pretty goddamn hard for my gear, I'd like to be able to level in it for at least a little while.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Some of you people talk like the entire concept of gear reset at the start of a new expansion is some sort of completely new idea that Blizzard just now came up with.

reVerse on
  • Options
    wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yep, my account was compromised somehow. Password wasn't working, that raised an immediate flag. I went to the armory and my 80's are mostly naked. Looks like they got my gmail too.

Hi thank you for calling Blizzard, due to an excessively high call volume..... >.<

Trying to figure out how this happened now, I'm pretty careful with my browser security. Not careful enough it seems.

wusoldjr on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    And really does no one at all raid because the encounters are cool and you want to see the content?

I don't care about whether my items will get replaced, but I sure would like to kill the Lich King before Cata launches.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've been convinced by the argument that you should raid for the fun as well as raid for the gear, and the gear is primarily so you can raid harder things because they are also fun.

Flip side, I wish we could get a wardrobe or something. I still like the look of my items, just not having to keep them around if they're not immediately useful. I'd love to have a 'costume creation' ability, that will let you feed items into a single item that, when used, gives you the appearance of wearing it. Would still need work to make sure it doesn't affect PVP but whatev, I just want my bag slots back.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Some of you people talk like the entire concept of gear reset at the start of a new expansion is some sort of completely new idea that Blizzard just now came up with.

I am absolutely 100% certain that the Cobalt gear was not better than T6.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, raiding should be about the gear and not the fun of getting down content with gear as a secondary goal since it's a tool to get down said content.

Opty on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    One thing that bugs me about all the crafted cloth stuff is that if Spirit is going to be the stat you stack for mana regen (and hit for certain classes), where the hell is it? There's no spirit on weapons or armor, and Spirit buffs are gone.

So how the hell do you get the stuff?

Edit: Okay, I see some Spirit on some quest reward stuff. Wow, that little bit of spirit takes an enormous chunk out of the item budget.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I'm not going to get into this with you seeing how you're hysterical, but I will say that there was quite a large leap in quality from Azeroth gear to Hellfire gear when TBC came out and that's much more relevant to Cata launch than Wrath because with both TBC and Cata they're tinkering with the stat system.

reVerse on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why would you want to race through the expansion, its already just 5 levels long anyway

Madness

Gumpy on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I am absolutely 100% certain that the Titansteel gear was not much better than T6.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd rather have a gear reset early and have upgrades often through the levelling experience than be vendoring and DEing everything and then replacing lvl cap epics from last expansion in heroics like several characters in Wrath.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

On the other hand it does make raiding for any other reason than achievements pretty fucking pointless

Edit: I mean, I worked pretty goddamn hard for my gear, I'd like to be able to level in it for at least a little while.

I don't raid for gear. I raid for the thrill of it and the fun of doing it with my friends. Whenever I get a new piece of gear that is an upgrade it's fun for me, whether it comes from a raid boss or a level 81 quest reward. There's nothing wrong with not liking the idea of replacing LK25 gear with quest greens, it just means the people with my outlook will be having more fun doing the quests in Cata than you will, because your excitement over getting a badass new weapon will be tempered with bitterness. /shrug

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    One thing that bugs me about all the crafted cloth stuff is that if Spirit is going to be the stat you stack for mana regen (and hit for certain classes), where the hell is it? There's no spirit on weapons or armor, and Spirit buffs are gone.

So how the hell do you get the stuff?

Edit: Okay, I see some Spirit on some quest reward stuff. Wow, that little bit of spirit takes an enormous chunk out of the item budget.

They want to nerf mana regen for healers, and part of that is less spirit on gear. It's going to be something some pieces of gear have, rather than something that comes on every piece.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I'm not going to get into this with you seeing how you're hysterical, but I will say that there was quite a large leap in quality from Azeroth gear to Hellfire gear when TBC came out and that's much more relevant to Cata launch than Wrath because with both TBC and Cata they're tinkering with the stat system.

Yeah, I think people are forgetting the Classic->TBC gear jump where you were replacing raiding gear in the first 5 minutes in Outland.

Nobody on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seriously, though, I kinda miss the look of my Primal Mooncloth set and my big honking purple hammer. :(

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

How about fun? Seeing the content?

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    drhazard wrote: »
    Seriously, though, I kinda miss the look of my Primal Mooncloth set and my big honking purple hammer. :(

Yeah, I like your wardrobe idea. It would be nice to store/display old sets for nostalgic value without their taking up bag space. It would even create a mild incentive to go back and farm gear to play mix/match.

Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This happened when TBC went into Beta and people started to notice the ilevels and stat budgets on quest items. They took a different approach in WotLK and ended up with all raid content cleared 24 hours after the game went live because if you had TBC end game gear you could clear all begining WotLK content. They swicthed back to the other model now and I think it's good. I,for one can't wait to replace epics with green gear.

Edit: re wardrobe. This a thousand times over. I would love to see a feature where once you have completed a set you have the option of consolidating the set down to a one item slot thing like a garment bag. When you equip the bag it equips the gear for you.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I'd rather have a gear reset early and have upgrades often through the levelling experience than be vendoring and DEing everything and then replacing lvl cap epics from last expansion in heroics like several characters in Wrath.

Agreed. I understand the loss of gear angst, but we've been through this once before. With only five levels in this new expansion, it's more interesting to start replacing gear early.

Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I already have my Kingslayer title.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Having fun raiding with your friends is okay once, but once you've killed all of the bosses it's no longer fun because there's no tangible reward for you anymore, you see. Even if your friends can still use more runs of the place or you could do achievements for the mount, no, you've gotten your gear and your title and all the fun is gone.

Opty on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Or, ya know, killing the same boss the 20th time is just not very fun, regardless of who you do it with. I totally get the "expansion almost here, I'm not raiding anymore" mind set. Back when I was at the top tier of raiding in vanilla and BC, I did the exact same thing. No, really, I didn't need to kill Nefarian again.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    Having fun raiding with your friends is okay once, but once you've killed all of the bosses it's no longer fun because there's no tangible reward for you anymore, you see. Even if your friends can still use more runs of the place or you could do achievements for the mount, no, you've gotten your gear and your title and all the fun is gone.

Considering I rerolled and power-leveled to play a spec I actively dislike for the good of the guild, half of which have disappeared since we got BQL down, yeah, pretty much.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I already have my Kingslayer title.

Then your gear served its purpose! Hooray!

Hooray new gear in Cataclysm!

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All gear is throw away in this game. End game gear simply lasts longer before it's replaced. Since the argument is being made that raiding for gear is the reason people raid then I have to ask... if gear is really whats important to you why the hate when new better gear is offered? Is it really because the color of the text is different?

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »
    All gear is throw away in this game. End game gear simply lasts longer before it's replaced. Since the argument is being made that raiding for gear is the reason people raid then I have to ask... if gear is really whats important to you why the hate when new better gear is offered? Is it really because the color of the text is different?

1): It is highly irritating that the gear I (effectively) work a non-paying part-time job to earn will be immediately voided.
    2): The new, revamped Azeroth makes leveling alts now stupid.
    3): I've already got Kingslayer, so really the only thing to do now is grind for rep, mounts, achievements, or titles.
    4): In conclusion, I just paid for six months of an account that offers little compelling reason to log in.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »

1): It is highly irritating that the gear I (effectively) work a non-paying part-time job to earn will be immediately voided.
    2): The new, revamped Azeroth makes leveling alts now stupid.
    3): I've already got Kingslayer, so really the only thing to do now is grind for rep, mounts, achievements, or titles.
    4): In conclusion, I just paid for six months of an account that offers little compelling reason to log in.

How does 2) make any sense? New Azeroth makes leveling alts more fun because you get to do new content.

Topia on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Levelling them now, as opposed to after Cataclysm's release, is stupid. But then, we already knew that.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
This discussion has been closed.