As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat]tlenet 2.0

• Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well that begs the question...why the hell did you just pay for 6 months during which there will be no new content?

Vincent Grayson on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I want to see what will happen with my current gear once the 4.0 stat changes go in before I wail and gnash my teeth about how soon I'm going to replace my ICC gear.

I highly suspect Blizzard will horribly inflate xp requirements to level to stretch out the time it takes to get those last five levels, so replacing most of your gear at, say, 82 will be like losing your TBC gear at around 74-75.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Because I'm the only fucking holy pally in the guild, and as such I'm kind of compelled to show up, since I mostly play with people I actually know who will bitch at me if I don't.

Salvation122 on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Because I'm the only fucking holy pally in the guild, and as such I'm kind of compelled to show up, since I mostly play with people I actually know who will bitch at me if I don't.

If you are not having fun, quit.

Either quit the guild and find a better one.

Or quit WoW. Seems like you are no longer enjoying it.

Neither are a design problem with WoW itself.

Wassermelone on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    WoW should not be a job.

Tomanta on
  • ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would play way more often if it gave me dental coverage.

Toothy on
  • KremKrem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Krem on
  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You're getting ripped off. I'm getting full dental AND vision!

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wusoldjr wrote: »
    Yep, my account was compromised somehow. Password wasn't working, that raised an immediate flag. I went to the armory and my 80's are mostly naked. Looks like they got my gmail too.

Hi thank you for calling Blizzard, due to an excessively high call volume..... >.<

Trying to figure out how this happened now, I'm pretty careful with my browser security. Not careful enough it seems.

Looks like I'm not the only one waiting for Blizzard! I sent a nice email to them while I wait for the ability to call. Getting gmail back is a bitch though and until I'm able to do the secret question and answer I probably won't be using it, as I switched every major thing (steam, facebook, ps3, etc) confirmation emails to a new gmail I set up.

Oghulk on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »
    All gear is throw away in this game. End game gear simply lasts longer before it's replaced. Since the argument is being made that raiding for gear is the reason people raid then I have to ask... if gear is really whats important to you why the hate when new better gear is offered? Is it really because the color of the text is different?

1): It is highly irritating that the gear I (effectively) work a non-paying part-time job to earn will be immediately voided.

Its immediately voided?

Goddamn, I thought Catas release was months away still

Gumpy on
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Krem wrote: »

Again.

I'll never understand the people that roll a class that they hate because noone else will do it and then complain about it.

IMO you just need to take a break from the game. You're friends will be fine without you, you are not irreplaceable. If you don't want to raid, then dont. Now is the PERFECT time to level any alts you have sitting in their 60s. OR like you said, grind that rep for those last couple factions. Complete Loremaster if you haven't. Contrary to popular belief, raiding is not the only thing to do in this game.

Buddies on
  • douglydougly Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

/facepalm

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am actually leveling my "alt" pre-Cata, as stupid as it may be, but I have a purpose for doing it: I'm switching mains with Cata, so I'd like my new main (my Priest) to be 80 when Cata releases. It lets me "catch up" to the rest of my guild, since I stopped doing content progression just before ToC was released. I do have another alt that isn't being touched until after Cata's release though, because I want to level him in the new Azeroth.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    dougly wrote: »

/facepalm

Your friends take this game way too seriously.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So there is some sort of beta out?

But is it the US beta, or US and EU beta?

Gumpy on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    WoW is and always has been about leveling up characters and pvp for me

PvE is the necessary evil I must endure (repeatedly) to get the new toys. PvE (instances/quests) are okay the first time around but then it's nothing but mechanical grinding after that.

This is why rated BGs can't come soon enough. They will be my new home in WoW

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If you really view WoW as an unpaid job then it may be time to walk away. I have stopped playing several times when it starts to become a chore. Who cares if people bitch at you for quiting? They are not paying your sub. You never, under any circumstances have an obligation to play a video game. As people have said that particular position is not a design flaw in the game. Really though I think it needs to be said again. Maybe it's time for a break.

Mutilate on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

/facepalm

I think it is YOU who takes it too seriously.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »
    If you really view WoW as an unpaid job then it may be time to walk away. I have stopped playing several times when it starts to become a chore. Who cares if people bitch at you for quiting? They are not paying your sub. You never, under any circumstances have an obligation to play a video game. As people have said that particular position is not a design flaw in the game. Really though I think it needs to be said again. Maybe it's time for a break.

I hate to be "that guy", but yah, this is true. Every time WoW starts to feel like a job to me...I quit. It will be there waiting for me when I find it fun again (like right now).

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited July 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »

/facepalm

Hey, it's you, that guy I haven't seen in forever.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Haha. I just got Wrecking Ball on my level 19 priest.
    Awesome.

Rizzi on
  • KremKrem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So has anyone actually gotten a beta invite e-mail yet? I'm wondering if they even sent them. The only talk I'm seeing seems to be from former alpha testers. I haven't really seen any "OMG I GOT AN INVITE!" posts yet (like, anywhere).

I'm also wondering about this. I imagine people will post here when/if they do get invites, so they probably just haven't gone out yet, but that blue post yesterday saying to keep an eye on your email "over the next 24 hours" made me think that, you know, some invites would have gone out by now. Oh well.

Krem on
    edited July 2010

/facepalm

I will possibly be playing again by next week.

Only possibly because I'm hoping to get a new video card for my birthday. But I might just get socks.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Haha. I just got Wrecking Ball on my level 19 priest.
    Awesome.

You need a nerf you OP butthole.

/nerfbat

Beyond Normal on
    edited July 2010

/facepalm

I will possibly be playing again by next week.

Only possibly because I'm hoping to get a new video card for my birthday. But I might just get socks.

Ah, well, I've stopped playing for the time being. >.>

Beyond Normal on
    edited July 2010
    Oh, good. Because I hate you.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    Our bromance is over then? FINE! I'm keeping the couch, and the dog, and this painting that I like so much!

Beyond Normal on
    edited July 2010
    Nooooooooo! Not the painting!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    You can keep the Van Goghs, enjoy his blue period!

Back on topic: I want to see some of this beta action so I have something to occupy my mind.

Beyond Normal on
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm actually quit WoW loads of times over the years. Then I usually start playing again when my studies die down.

But there isn't actually any new feature about Cataclysm that makes me want to come back. Which is wierd. It's like pining after a girl for years then realising you don't have feelings for her anymore.

Actually I think the main reason the new expac doesn't interest me is because Goblins seem like the most boring choice for a new race ever.

Blurbl on
    edited July 2010
    I just want to see all the news being released but I still have 2 hours left at work. Boooooo

Mutilate on
    edited July 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »
    I'm actually quit WoW loads of times over the years. Then I usually start playing again when my studies die down.

But there isn't actually any new feature about Cataclysm that makes me want to come back. Which is wierd. It's like pining after a girl for years then realising you don't have feelings for her anymore.

Actually I think the main reason the new expac doesn't interest me is because Goblins seem like the most boring choice for a new race ever.

I dunno, the total re-design of Azeroth to catch up with WoTLK levels of content, based on Blizzards years, and years of experience guiding this giant ship seems pretty exciting to me. Azeroth can be a pretty jarring place when you're used to the well planned, content-filled zones of WoTLK (and even BC to an extent).

GnomeTank on
    edited July 2010
    Old Azeroth flat out BLOWS compared to Lich King stuff. I'm glad it's getting a toss up.

Beyond Normal on
  • ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Except that in the first 5 levels of questing the Goblins show more personality and creativity then any other class I've played in the game. Honestly they are just so completely insane and over the top that you have to be pretty boring not to like them after going through the starting zone.

I'd agree that they might have been the most 'boring' choice for a Horde race in that they were the most obvious and non-surprising route they could have taken, but they are a series staple and fit in. Besides the opposite of an obvious choice would be Dranei... And honestly I wouldn't want a repeat of that fiasco.

Just choosing some unexpected race to fill out either faction doesn't make it a good choice.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
    edited July 2010
    Old Azeroth flat out BLOWS compared to Lich King stuff. I'm glad it's getting a toss up.

Yah, I've been leveling my Priest, and it's basically a race to get to 58 and get the fuck out of Azeroth. If I didn't want him to be level 80 when Cata releases, I would just wait.

There are a couple of zones in Azeroth that have gotten "the treatment" and aren't terribad, like Dustwallow, but those are the exception not the rule.

GnomeTank on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wonder if Blizzard's going to be taking a look at some of the itemization of Outland quest rewards/instance drops. I can imagine once 4.0 hits, it's going to be all kinds of jacked up.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shrieve wrote: »

Except that in the first 5 levels of questing the Goblins show more personality and creativity then any other class I've played in the game. Honestly they are just so completely insane and over the top that you have to be pretty boring not to like them after going through the starting zone.

I'd agree that they might have been the most 'boring' choice for a Horde race in that they were the most obvious and non-surprising route they could have taken, but they are a series staple and fit in. Besides the opposite of an obvious choice would be Dranei... And honestly I wouldn't want a repeat of that fiasco.

Just choosing some unexpected race to fill out either faction doesn't make it a good choice.

Huh. Thanks, that's certainly made me reconsider my position.

I actually assumed the new Horde race would be Naga or something after I learned Alliance had Worgen. Both Beastial races and all.

Blurbl on
    edited July 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    I wonder if Blizzard's going to be taking a look at some of the itemization of Outland quest rewards/instance drops. I can imagine once 4.0 hits, it's going to be all kinds of jacked up.

If I had to guess, I would doubt it. I mean, Blizzard didn't clean up Azeroth's itemization when BC and WoTLK released, and both those expansions made pretty sweeping changes to the game play systems (though, admittedly, not as sweeping as Cata will).

BC, and to some extent Northrend, will become somewhat like Azeroth is now: Pass through content on your way to the next tier of stuff.

GnomeTank on
    edited July 2010
    Shrieve wrote: »

Goblins don't appeal to me from an aesthetics stand point but I am willing to try one if for no other reason than the opening zones. Personally I would love to see The Broken as a playable race. I find them much more aesthetically pleasing than Goblin. Ideally Panderan would be my top choice but I know it will never happen.

Mutilate on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would imagine they have to redo the itemization on every single piece of gear in game just because of the changes they're making.

Poketpixie on
This discussion has been closed.