As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

• Options
    schwartzyschwartzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    im having issues with my PC game, its laggy as all hell now, and i cant play, this cuz of the patch or somthing?

schwartzy on
    <--- naked snork ;)
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's probably your ISP, since BC2 feels much less laggy since the patch. For me, anyway.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    isp?

schwartzy on
    <--- naked snork ;)
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Intertron Service Producer.

The people who bring us to you via a series of tubes and dump trucks.

It is all very sciency.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Intelligent snail porthole. It's the aperture in your house that allow snails in (snails carry the Internet).

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ahh, but i never had a lag issue till now. i usely had the best ping till couple days ago

schwartzy on
    <--- naked snork ;)
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I had to pay extra for the dump trucks because I couldn't wait for the snails to carry the internet themselves.

You might want to test your connection to other games I guess.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    thats what my first quess was! so i pays CS no problem, TF2 no problem, HL deathmatch noooo problem, killing floor and no problems, then i hop in BC2 and its like im allowed 1move per min.

schwartzy on
    <--- naked snork ;)
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arlington wrote: »
    El Guaco wrote: »
    Chopper flares look amazing and seem to actually work. You guys flying the blades off that Hind was pretty funny - I think it took 5 rockets at once to finally bring you down.

It was funny hearing that over vent, but I don't really understand what was going on.

Independent of flares a rocket connecting with a chopper used to take it down. That no longer seems to be the case. Was it that an engy was repairing it that allowed the pilot to regain control?
    Yeah they had an engy in the back repairing. Between the flares and repairs he managed to stay in the air much longer than anyone expected. I think he de-tracered himself at least twice and survived several hits from rockets. It took a tracer and 5 rockets launched at once to finally bring him down.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Don't forget that an assault can sit inside the hind and shoot a smoke grenade inside the hind to remove a tracer too.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    :lol:Just played the utterly ridiculous match on Valparasio. Four people on my team had over 5000 points and I had 63 kills. I have to say, if the attackers can make it past the first base, the matches on Valparasio usually turn out to be pretty epic. Its pretty much the most well designed map in the game, since attack and defense is pretty even.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Chopper flares look amazing and seem to actually work. You guys flying the blades off that Hind was pretty funny - I think it took 5 rockets at once to finally bring you down.

It was funny hearing that over vent, but I don't really understand what was going on.

Independent of flares a rocket connecting with a chopper used to take it down. That no longer seems to be the case. Was it that an engy was repairing it that allowed the pilot to regain control?
    Yeah they had an engy in the back repairing. Between the flares and repairs he managed to stay in the air much longer than anyone expected. I think he de-tracered himself at least twice and survived several hits from rockets. It took a tracer and 5 rockets launched at once to finally bring him down.

Yeah, I was surprised to survive a couple of rockets while flying the hind.

The trick to regaining control of the hind on the ground is reversing the throttle, flying it into the ground. That'll straighten it out.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    proyebat wrote: »
    Don't forget that an assault can sit inside the hind and shoot a smoke grenade inside the hind to remove a tracer too.

Wait, what?

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Huh, never thought of that.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's probably your ISP, since BC2 feels much less laggy since the patch. For me, anyway.

There was a tweet from official BC2 stating "If you have lag problems with BFBC2 on PC, try disabling Remote Admin tools such as Wolfcom and ProCon."

We were getting some gnarly lag last night, I wonder if that was the problem.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Jast wrote: »
    :lol:Just played the utterly ridiculous match on Valparasio. Four people on my team had over 5000 points and I had 63 kills. I have to say, if the attackers can make it past the first base, the matches on Valparasio usually turn out to be pretty epic. Its pretty much the most well designed map in the game, since attack and defense is pretty even.

Hmm is it wrong that I still don't know any of the map names?

Like for me the rush maps are named snowy, deserty, islandy, jungly.

Arlington on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Most teams I play on that get past the first point always end up getting stopped at the 4th point (the one where you're going uphill), or end up completely smashing the defending team into tiny bits.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Hmm is it wrong that I still don't know any of the map names?

Like for me the rush maps are named snowy, deserty, islandy, jungly.

Cardcaptors, a mystic adventure!

Cardcaptors, a quest for all time!

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Let me rephrase that: Hitting a vehicle with a smoke grenade removes any attached tracers. Won't do shit to already incoming rockets though.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The smoke grenades with the increased grenade count are incredibly powerful. You can just throw out huge walls of smoke making it ridiculously easy to advance.

edit: lol @ having 1 less knife kill than 40mm kills.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The smoke grenades with the increased grenade count are incredibly powerful. You can just throw out huge walls of smoke making it ridiculously easy to advance.

Smoke launcher + ammo pack = near permanent wall of smoke, and I could do this before any buffs.

Almost any time I've been on attack and it ground to a standstill, putting down a nice thick smoke carpet usually turned things in our favor, provided my team wasn't a pile of gibbering morons.

Woggle on
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    On Nelson bay I sometimes throw smoke down at B on the second set of MCOMs. The defenders usually camp on the hill behind it and I find if someone can actually get the charge set and there are some allies in the general area the defense won't be able to stop them. Smoke also works sometimes on Valparasio, especially at the last set where you have to cross the killing field of doom.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Woggle wrote: »

Smoke launcher + ammo pack = near permanent wall of smoke, and I could do this before any buffs.

Almost any time I've been on attack and it ground to a standstill, putting down a nice thick smoke carpet usually turned things in our favor, provided my team wasn't a pile of gibbering morons.

The increased grenades just lets you stay on the move and throw down several cover points without having to hump the ammo box. I do the same thing when my team gets bottlenecked. Only the worst of teams can't benefit from it. I'm surprised with how rarely i see people using the smoke launcher.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Repairing that Hind from inside was a bitch. The repair tool is pretty wonky in there, you have to mouse around to find a spot where the tool will work, and then hold it still while it repairs. And the spots where the tool works seem to change, I couldn't just rely on one place. It was fun bringing the chopper back from near death, though. Ebo and that_guy would be sure we were going down, and then we'd miraculously live. :P

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Repairing that Hind from inside was a bitch. The repair tool is pretty wonky in there, you have to mouse around to find a spot where the tool will work, and then hold it still while it repairs. And the spots where the tool works seem to change, I couldn't just rely on one place. It was fun bringing the chopper back from near death, though. Ebo and that_guy would be sure we were going down, and then we'd miraculously live. :P

I thought repairing helicopters from the inside was hit-or-miss too, but it turns out it has to be almost still in order to be repaired, which I guess is a decent balance. So you end up repairing in spurts when the pilot gets into a lull. The game doesn't make it real obvious what's happening.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zxerol wrote: »

I thought repairing helicopters from the inside was hit-or-miss too, but it turns out it has to be almost still in order to be repaired, which I guess is a decent balance. So you end up repairing in spurts when the pilot gets into a lull. The game doesn't make it real obvious what's happening.

The repair tool only works from inside if you are going slow enough. You can repair from just about any place on the chopper as long as you are standing still or just barely moving.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Get on the Dome!

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why did some of you leave?

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am enjoying the fact that choppers can actually be killed now on 360, instead of being invincible rape machines. My gunner and I can still keep the other team on the run, but we actually get shot down fairly often now. Makes things a lot more fun and interesting for both sides, IMO.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Huh, for some reason I completely lost the ability to type in the chat window while playing. It's as if when the chat window comes up, all the letters turn off.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Finally managed to unlock all the class weapons. Means I'm not forced to play as a wookie unless I really want to. Also nice to finally be able to sneak up on someone and actually stab them in the back.

Zaylenz on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Has anyone seen White Pass now? It's totally different. It feels slightly claustrophopic because you can see EVERYTHING.

Warcry on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    Has anyone seen White PAss now? It's totally different. It feels slightly claustrophopic because you can see EVERYTHING.

You couldn't before?

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Tinit5190Tinit5190 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    I found that was a little fast for infantry movement, and a little slow for the chopper, but overall a pretty good range (could be because I have a 1600 DPI G5 rather than that 1800 DPI beast of a Razer).

The numbers I found to be better for my setup:

gamesettings.ini
    ►Scheme0Sensitivity=0.0001

infantry
    ►ScaleValue = 0.20

land
    ►ScaleValue = 12 (Pitch), 15 (Roll)

air
    ►ScaleValue = 300 (Pitch), 250 (Roll) (I found the Pitch to be too underpowered when they were both set to the same value)

Also don't forget to change the camera pitch/roll values in the land and air files, otherwise you won't be able to look around in first person view.

Again, some pretty good values there, good work :^:

Ya, I noticed it was a 'lil bit fast for sniping after finally playing some Rush. I use your settings aside that I have Infantry down to 0.15. Makes sniping really easy. Now your going to have to go to all the posts with this thing in it and change them to reflect the new settings lol.

Tinit5190 on
    b524e.png
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Warcry on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shenanigans!

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well that's retarded. It seems they only did it to the Squad Deathmatch version.

More pics.

http://img267.imageshack.us/i/bfbc2game20100703192624.png/
    http://img155.imageshack.us/i/bfbc2game20100703192756.png/

Warcry on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Makes sense with 16 people, large map with lots of buildings; hard enough to see a target without all the snow and shit.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I am having a problem. When I join a server (spesificly the Angry Dome) my game will crash to desktop before I see the map loading screen. The screen will just go black and I will be back at the desktop. I don't even get an error message. So far I have tried;

Disabling and increasing my overclocks (I am totally stable in other games)
    Disabling the Steam overlay
    Reinstalling Punkbuster from the installer in the BC2 directory
    Locking in my DX lv to 11
    Verifying game cache
    Deleting my BC2 settings folder from "Documents"
    Turning every setting down as far as it will go.

So far nothing has helped, at least not as far as I can tell. It will take a good 5 to 10 tries before I can join The Dome without crashing. I really want to play since this patch is now out, but this issue is really effecting that. Can any of you offer some assistance in this?

That_Guy on