As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

• rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Does dx9 work? or singleplayer?
    maybe goto dxdiag
    Select the sound tab at the top of the tool.
    Set the Hardware Sound Acceleration Slider to "Basic".

switch speaker number from 0->2 or 2->0

rRootagea on
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Heh nice. Though I doubt using the OP was really necessary to advertise the issues you're having.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think I would completely reinstall BC2 after all that. Rather than chasing ghosts of ideas, start with a clean slate. Especially because I know you all tweak a lot of settings in this game.

El Guaco on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    Heh nice. Though I doubt using the OP was really necessary to advertise the issues you're having.
    El Guaco wrote: »
    I think I would completely reinstall BC2 after all that. Rather than chasing ghosts of ideas, start with a clean slate.

Done and done.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Urgh, getting tired of playing in random public games, theres no co-ordination at all.

Also the fiddly bastards who've mastered spinning the apache on a dime can burn in hell

101 on
  • KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am done with this game, i've had it with always having to use a fucktarded OP set of weapons just to win a game, or get CG/Sniped. Uninstalling now.

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
    edited July 2010
    I hate getting sniped, and half the time it causes me to make a vendetta against the person who just killed me. Which often means going sniper and giving them a taste of their own medicine. Most noobs stay put after sniping someone which means I know right where to look for them. Last night there were 3 humpers on the island on Isla giving me grief so I went recon and killed all of them in a row. The last one gave me a marksman bonus of 193! (What's the highest you guys have gotten?)

When long range sniping I like to shoot and immediately retreat behind cover and point in a different direction. If I score a kill, the kill cam will show me in a slightly different place and facing the wrong way. It can sometimes make it harder for my victim to know where I just killed him from. This tactic seems to work especially well if you're behind enemy lines.

El Guaco on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Snipers are why I don't play Hardcore. And honestly while a lot of people seem to complain about CG rape, I don't seem to experience it that often (outside of the very occasional "CG is all I use DERP DERP DERP" guy).

People will ALWAYS gravitate to the most overpowered weapons. This isn't a special feature of Battlefield games. About the only FPS I know that even makes a decent attempt to balance each weapon is TF2, and even that is occasionally unbalanced.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I hate getting sniped, and half the time it causes me to make a vendetta against the person who just killed me. Which often means going sniper and giving them a taste of their own medicine. Most noobs stay put after sniping someone which means I know right where to look for them. Last night there were 3 humpers on the island on Isla giving me grief so I went recon and killed all of them in a row. The last one gave me a marksman bonus of 193! (What's the highest you guys have gotten?)

When long range sniping I like to shoot and immediately retreat behind cover and point in a different direction. If I score a kill, the kill cam will show me in a slightly different place and facing the wrong way. It can sometimes make it harder for my victim to know where I just killed him from. This tactic seems to work especially well if you're behind enemy lines.

I got a 250ish point marksman bonus once. I was on the lighthouse sniping just as we advanced to the last point. Someone had been spotted through a buch of trees and somehow I managed to nail them right in the face from way way back there. It was a total luck shot, but I didn't shut up about it for hours.

That_Guy on
    edited July 2010
    I wish there was a softcore mode, where everyone has double the health, and everyone on the enemy team is automatically spotted when you pass your cursor over them.

rRootagea on
    edited July 2010
    Fun with unnecessary censorship!
    rRootagea wrote: »
    I wish there was a softcore mode, where everyone has double ____ and everyone on the enemy team is automatically _____ when you ____ your _____ over them.

El Guaco on
  • proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    And you call that softcore. Shame on you.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That sounds dirty, Rootage.

Call me for a good time.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fun with unnecessary censorship!
    I wish there was a softcore mode, where everyone has double ____ and everyone on the enemy team is automatically _____ when you ____ your _____ over them.

:lol:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited July 2010
    As satisfying as bad company is now, with its firm and mature foundation, I propose we mass-debate the areas of limp inadequency so that group experimentation may lead to the fulfillment of previously unexposed clefts.
    Not to say it doensn't stand erect in delivering a complete penetration of the senses, that innate desire to shoot harder and faster towards multiple targets. I simply hope more pleasure may be derived through oral skill.
    Starting slowly: The ideal is easy, a relaxed evening made pleasing by introductions to companions new and old. The actions rises, a consensus reached, and
    Together, we Men deftly grasp the objective by the ankles, part its tender defenses allowing the specialized maneuvers to penetrate, eagarly ascending into a white hot climax, to undulate in a dance of collapse and revival.
    To come to such heights, we need only to maintain the fluid play, tone down the emphasis on big guns, while engorging the communicative and consensual aspects.

rRootagea on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010

This is the exact reason why I play recon so damn much.

Has the new patch made the game noticably better or...?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I feel intensely guilty about playing Recon but it's the class I've unlocked the least in, and I'm terrible as a shotgun wookiee. Whenever I do Shotgun Wookiee it seems like there's always a neon sign over my head.

hailthefish on
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You could try using the 4x/RDS with one of the silenced sniper rifles. It takes a lot of skill but you can be pretty effective with them. Otherwise you can just use the M14/Garand, though you can't spam shots with those.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    You could try using the 4x/RDS with one of the silenced sniper rifles. It takes a lot of skill but you can be pretty effective with them. Otherwise you can just use the M14/Garand, though you can't spam shots with those.

Vanilla VSS son.

Killin' fools near and far all evening every day.

But not mid-range.

That's tough.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Use the G3 for cryin' out loud.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    phbt phbt phbt

phbt phbt phbt

I can't hear your over my reloading animation/sound

phbt phbt phbt

phbt phbt phbt

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    As satisfying as bad company is now, with its firm and mature foundation, I propose we mass-debate the areas of limp inadequency so that group experimentation may lead to the fulfillment of previously unexposed clefts.
    Not to say it doensn't stand erect in delivering a complete penetration of the senses, that innate desire to shoot harder and faster towards multiple targets. I simply hope more pleasure may be derived through oral skill.
    Starting slowly: The ideal is easy, a relaxed evening made pleasing by introductions to companions new and old. The actions rises, a consensus reached, and
    Together, we Men deftly grasp the objective by the ankles, part its tender defenses allowing the specialized maneuvers to penetrate, eagarly ascending into a white hot climax, to undulate in a dance of collapse and revival.
    To come to such heights, we need only to maintain the fluid play, tone down the emphasis on big guns, while engorging the communicative and consensual aspects.

LOL that sounds like something Tobias Funke would say (http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0011699/quotes)

Arlington on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Arlington wrote: »

LOL that sounds like something Tobias Funke would say (http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0011699/quotes)

also, that whole thing was difficult to read.

did you really have to use all those WORDS man i mean COME ON

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • DoomninjaDoomninja Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    proyebat wrote: »
    Use the G3 for cryin' out loud.

THANKyou.

i love out sniping snipers with my G3. Oh, they must rage.

Doomninja on
    1154825-1.png
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ITT: rRoot writes Bad Company pseudo-erotica!

Also Rak, the patch fixed many little niggling issues. For me the big one was points while dead, but I think everyone has their own little pet fix that made it a great patch. Except That_Guy, who drew the short straw apparently. D:

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    101 wrote: »
    Urgh, getting tired of playing in random public games, theres no co-ordination at all.

Also the fiddly bastards who've mastered spinning the apache on a dime can burn in hell

You're a 360 player too right? I'm on like almost every evening and pretty much most of that is with pubs. Its not bad at all now compared to release month. Most do what you need to do and squads I've seen help each other out.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Probably my best round ever.
    Valparaiso on Attackers. Done while trying out for this clan. I feel pretty good :>

Warcry on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    Valparaiso on Attackers. Done while trying out for this clan. I feel pretty good :>

What clan?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tryhard Squad.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited July 2010
    Probably all of them

one for each account

rRootagea on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tryhard Squad.

I've missed you so much.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    101 wrote: »

You're a 360 player too right? I'm on like almost every evening and pretty much most of that is with pubs. Its not bad at all now compared to release month. Most do what you need to do and squads I've seen help each other out.

Yeah it can be pretty good at times, I guess I've just been unlucky recently - running into more sniper teams and the like.

Also how many people here still play on the 360?

101 on
    edited July 2010
    I am reminded how much of a flying brick the blackhawk is. Roadkilling erry day.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • grambogrambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wait, how do you try out for a clan on a pub? Is there a competitive BC2 scene? I thought the lack of server tools nullified it. Would be interesting to see how it played, 8 vs. 8 I imagine? Or even 4vs4?

grambo on
    grambo..png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    T88 sniper is fucking sex. Accurate rapid fire, great at long and middle ranges, plus ridiculous close-range capability? omnomnom

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    grambo wrote: »
    Wait, how do you try out for a clan on a pub? Is there a competitive BC2 scene? I thought the lack of server tools nullified it. Would be interesting to see how it played, 8 vs. 8 I imagine? Or even 4vs4?

Yeah I'm sort of vaguely curious about the clan stuff. Havn't done anything like that since TFC.

Arlington on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How about you all get on the dome?

That_Guy on
    edited July 2010
    I am in there. It is quite empty.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Warcry wrote: »

What clan?

Wargrounds. I got invited by one of their dudes while I was on their server. Probably cos I was dropping ammo.

Warcry on
    edited July 2010
    Breaking News!

Demize99 is a useless shitface who hates the PC community. The AT4 has had a damage reduction. The RPG is now better in every way. You have no reason to use the AT4 at all.

Warcry on