As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Dawn of The Final Day -24 Hours Remain-

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    yeah I got Orange box on console for some damn reason when it came out. The episodes were the only thing I was missing for PC out of it (with the Free portal recently, and getting TF2 for cheap during Circuit City's closing)

ManetherenWolf on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    so why is it that when i try to play red faction guerilla, it tells me that i have to sign in, downloads an update for windows live, restarts the game, and then makes me do it all over again?

thus making it impossible to play the game?

Evil Multifarious on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok so I own Defense Grid, which is totally rad. But are there any other solid tower defense games available on Steam? Oh I also own Plants vs Zombies already.

Speaking of PvZ. . .

Dear PopCap,

Please release more content and levels for PvZ.

Love,

Lucas

Have you bought the Defense Grid DLC that just came out? That'd get you more maps to play if you haven't

Dehumanized on
  • BeenieWeenieBeenieWeenie So Delicious So NutritiousRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What was really cool to me was when I registered my old HL1 disc on Steam.

I got like 8 games for free... I think they were all the HL1 expansions, Counterstrike, Day of Defeat, Ricochet, Deathmatch Classic, some others I can't think of. Way to reward loyalty, Valve!

BeenieWeenie on
    camo_sig2.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok so I own Defense Grid, which is totally rad. But are there any other solid tower defense games available on Steam? Oh I also own Plants vs Zombies already.

Speaking of PvZ. . .

Dear PopCap,

Please release more content and levels for PvZ.

Love,

Lucas

Have you bought the Defense Grid DLC that just came out? That'd get you more maps to play if you haven't

Yeah, I actually did get those during this very sale. Playing Defense Grid again has sparked my hunger for more tower defense games.

Lucascraft on
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Someone convince me not to get borderlands + dlc when I already own everything on the 360

Veevee on
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I got like 8 games for free... I think they were all the HL1 expansions, Counterstrike, Day of Defeat, Ricochet, Deathmatch Classic, some others I can't think of. Way to reward loyalty, Valve!

My experience was the opposite. I tried to register my HL1 disc on Steam (I bought that motherfucker the day it came out) and it was already taken. And customer support told me that Valve resold old keys.

Way to not reward loyalty, Valve!

I boycotted Half Life 2 for a few years and then I preordered TF2 and now I have a steam account that is hundreds of games deep. Fuckers got me.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • SimpsonsParadoxSimpsonsParadox Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Veevee wrote: »
    Someone convince me not to get borderlands + dlc when I already own everything on the 360

Unless they've fixed it, multiplayer is pants on head stupid, and that's being charitable.

SimpsonsParadox on
  • BeenieWeenieBeenieWeenie So Delicious So NutritiousRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    .Tripwire. wrote: »

My experience was the opposite. I tried to register my HL1 disc on Steam (I bought that motherfucker the day it came out) and it was already taken. And customer support told me that Valve resold old keys.

Way to not reward loyalty, Valve!

I boycotted Half Life 2 for a few years and then I preordered TF2 and now I have a steam account that is hundreds of games deep. Fuckers got me.

Oh.

Uh... sorry.

Guess I got lucky?

BeenieWeenie on
    camo_sig2.png
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Q: I have borderlands on disc, but re-bought it on steam as part of the deals. Can I install it off the disc to steam's directory for it and save myself most of the download time? I know my friends and I have been able to do this in the past with a couple non-steam works games.

HadjiQuest on
  • TremblayTremblay Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    so why is it that when i try to play red faction guerilla, it tells me that i have to sign in, downloads an update for windows live, restarts the game, and then makes me do it all over again?

thus making it impossible to play the game?

I had the same issue, and I fixed it by going to the GFWL web site and downloading the client from there and installing it.

Tremblay on
  • RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    yeah I got Orange box on console for some damn reason when it came out. The episodes were the only thing I was missing for PC out of it (with the Free portal recently, and getting TF2 for cheap during Circuit City's closing)
    This is where I understood all the hate for GFWL. It downloads the update but doesn't patch properly causing a endless loop. I had the same issue , but their is a way to manually install the patch http://community.redfaction.com/content/2nd-pc-patch-release-manual-patch-instructions . It worked for me so hopefully it works for you.

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, is tomorrow the last day of daily deals, or will there be a new one ON sunday?

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drovek wrote: »
    So, is tomorrow the last day of daily deals, or will there be a new one ON sunday?
    Apparently it goes until 10 AM PST on Monday (but no new sales on Monday)

Darlan on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Redlance wrote: »
    This is where I understood all the hate for GFWL. It downloads the update but doesn't patch properly causing a endless loop. I had the same issue , but their is a way to manually install the patch http://community.redfaction.com/content/2nd-pc-patch-release-manual-patch-instructions . It worked for me so hopefully it works for you.

I had this problem a few years ago with Gears of War PC, which I think was one of the very first GfWL titles.

It really sucked, but once you get the external update for the client, things go smoothly.

HadjiQuest on
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Darlan wrote: »
    Apparently it goes until 10 AM PST on Monday (but no new sales on Monday)

However I wouldn't be surprised if the Midweek Madness pattern resumes not too long after this sale wraps up.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    OH MY FUCKING GOD BEAT HAZARD

BUY - LOAD UP JUSTICE ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

OMGFUCINGAKSJASKJDH

IT'S THE MOST GREATEST FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

JSUSSEESESSS!!!

TyrantCow on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    I registered my HL1 disc on steam when steam first came out, I had a pretty old account and lots of games on it. I join the military and while I was away my younger brother was playing CS with hacks and got my account banned, that is a permanent ban on your steam account and you pretty much can't play any games on it. gg

Fizban140 on
  • CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Should I buy the X-Com complete pack or just a couple?

I have never played X-Com because I'm dumb as hell.

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
    edited July 2010
    Wasn't a VAC ban on a per-game basis? I didn't think they would ban the whole account.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
    edited July 2010
    CmdPrompt wrote: »

The ones you want are UFO Defense and Terror from the Deep. So, those or the pack, whatever's cheaper.

EDIT: And maybe Apocalypse, but I'm not sure on that one.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    CmdPrompt wrote: »

The ones you want are UFO Defense and Terror from the Deep. So, those or the pack, whatever's cheaper.

EDIT: And maybe Apocalypse, but I'm not sure on that one.
    Alright, thanks. Getting all of them isn't much more expensive than getting those three, so I'll go that route.

now i have less monies to buy other things oh god

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    I think a VAC ban is for any online game through steam.

Fizban140 on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So the Civ 4 tutorial left me confused and terrified of Computer Sid Meier.

Was it just supposed to drop off at one point saying "expand and find another Civilization"? Because I felt kind of unsure of what to do next, and creepy Sid Meier face wouldn't go away.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Unless they've fixed it, multiplayer is pants on head stupid, and that's being charitable.

They fixed it. Back in January.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So glad I already bought shit, or I would jump on Empire At War. I always auto resolved the land battles but had tons o' fun with space strategy.

Docshifty on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Docshifty wrote: »
    So glad I already bought shit, or I would jump on Empire At War. I always auto resolved the land battles but had tons o' fun with space strategy.

This is what I did too. Auto resolve was shitty and would find a way to lose 3 AT-ATs invading a planet held by 3 squads of rebel riflemen, but it was better than doing it myself. Love the hell out of space combat though.

Arrath on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    I think a VAC ban is for any online game through steam.

I've read on the Steam forums that VAC bans are on a per-engine basis. So cheating in the original Counter-Strike will get you banned from playing Goldsrc games online, but you'd still be able to play Source engine games online. And of course it doesn't prevent playing single player games in any way.

Peewi on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wow, i just tried gothic

wow

that is some horrible shit

Evil Multifarious on
    edited July 2010
    Arrath wrote: »

This is what I did too. Auto resolve was shitty and would find a way to lose 3 AT-ATs invading a planet held by 3 squads of rebel riflemen, but it was better than doing it myself. Love the hell out of space combat though.

The last land battle I remembered playing, forces were clashing across the map, it looked suitably epic, but was damn boring to play. Then I saw Vader approaching, so I sent Obi Wan with a contingent of soldiers to him. Both of our soldiers stepped back as the two warriors drew their lightsabers, to give them a suitable fighting arena.

Then an AT-AT stepped on Obi Wan.

Docshifty on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Your face!

Yeah I find it hard trying to play them again but hey its a 9 years old Euro RPG.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

That man is either getting a promotion or his larynx crushed.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Iolo wrote: »

They fixed it. Back in January.

Eh... "fixed it." I'm still unable to play with my friend.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arrath wrote: »

The last land battle I remembered playing, forces were clashing across the map, it looked suitably epic, but was damn boring to play. Then I saw Vader approaching, so I sent Obi Wan with a contingent of soldiers to him. Both of our soldiers stepped back as the two warriors drew their lightsabers, to give them a suitable fighting arena.

Hahahaha.

There was a mod that made ground combat passable, in that it added in Capital Ship support. A Star Destroyer had range on most of the map (being like 1km long) and could just rain down death.

Arrath on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I think I'm getting a handle on The Guild 2.

I made a Rogue that has not bothered with stealth at all since he doesn't do any burglaries. The burglaries I do have my pickpockets commit are in the town I don't claim citizenship in.

Instead he trains at home and gets involved in politics really early on for exp. Also buys titles easily with the income from pickpocketing two towns and knocking off mines and woodsman huts.

His stats focus on rhetoric (for politics) and stuff relevant to combat. Then he goes around insulting his enemies in order to challenge them to duels. It kind of makes me wish I could have him wear a jaunty hat or a period suit. Well, except for the fact that I cheat horribly.

Not in the "shoot early" manner. Well, I do that too. I mean that before the duel, I'll have my rogues (henchmen plus pickpockets) follow the duel opponent until I can beat them up a bit before backing off. Then I shoot my half-dead opponent to completely dead during the duel.

I plan to do this several times in my current game.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like this idea of softening some jerk up a bit before a duel

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    I like using Extortions for my rogues.

Docshifty on
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So if I only buy one The Guild game, which one should I go for?

Peas on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Peas wrote: »

word on the street is the pirates one has everything

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Peas wrote: »

Pirates of the European Seas, the expansion, has all the stuff from the base game.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
This discussion has been closed.