As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

• SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    Breaking News!

Demize99 is a useless shitface who hates the PC community. The AT4 has had a damage reduction. The RPG is now better in every way. You have no reason to use the AT4 at all.

But at least the CG was nerfed.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    : I

Warcry on
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The AT4? I've never ever seen anyone use it ever.

And now I never will.

hailthefish on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It used to be great for smashing tanks in the ass and dealing massive damage to them. Hiding behind a wall and nailing one in the treads was usually an insta-kill. But you have to guide it, and can't lock on with tracers. It was perfectly balanced.

Warcry on
    edited July 2010
    I used it for a few seconds right after I unlocked it. The manual tracking sounds like such a nifty feature but it's such a pain.

hailthefish on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You can just shoot it then swap weapons, and I personally preferred having that control to using the tracer. There was absolutely no reason to nerf it, ugh.

L|ama on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arlington wrote: »
    grambo wrote: »
    Wait, how do you try out for a clan on a pub? Is there a competitive BC2 scene? I thought the lack of server tools nullified it. Would be interesting to see how it played, 8 vs. 8 I imagine? Or even 4vs4?

Yeah I'm sort of vaguely curious about the clan stuff. Havn't done anything like that since TFC.

In the comps and ladders I've been playing in, standard matches tend to be conquest 8v8, with some 4v4 squad rush. I've been liking the 4v4 a lot more, partially because whenever I play conquest I just wish I was playing rush.

exis on
    edited July 2010
    To all snipers, Throw some god damned motion mines, jesus christ.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • AthaedosAthaedos Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So... I logged in to finally get my all weapons and all general bronze stars, but once I got it with the Garand I still didn't get it. Does anything new give stars? I don't have anything for the tracer dart gun or smoke grenade launcher and other non-shooty gadgets but everything else is starred. Also, sorry about the motion mine thing. I almost never play recon and I was just getting my garrand and mortar kills. Forgot!

Oh wait... defrib or repair tool?

Athaedos on
    edited July 2010
    It's pretty cool when people start acting like colossal douchebags, and then when you tell them not to be, they become even bigger ones, and then you ban them.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »

Hey, I throw motion mines all the damn time.

Sometimes I just stand near an ammo box and spam the blasted things towards the shots.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    edited July 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Sometimes I just stand near an ammo box and spam the blasted things towards the shots.

You can't really spam them, since throwing another deactivates the previous. But still, you'd be better off than 80% of recons right there.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »

You can't really spam them, since throwing another deactivates the previous. But still, you'd be better off than 80% of recons right there.

Yeah, I know it deactivates. I think of it as sending out multiple pings like a sub.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    edited July 2010
    Soupah1 was de-rez'd by HarshLanguage.

It works.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Has anyone noticed that if you revive someone who has switched teams while being dead, their old model remains, so you can have Russians fighting Russians and Americans fighting Americans.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Traitorous liberal commie pinko hippie sonnuvabitches.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fantastic night on the Dome, gents!

Indeed. They're free points and it feels like cheating! And drop your bolt-actions and have some fun on the front lines while you're at it, too.
    The AT4 has had a damage reduction. The RPG is now better in every way. You have no reason to use the AT4 at all.

That is a really silly change. The extra damage was the tradeoff for not being fire-and-forget.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
    edited July 2010
    Those guys were whiners. And the most CG happy band of dicks I ever saw. It was raining CG-fire

hailthefish on
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Those guys were whiners. And the most CG happy band of dicks I ever saw. It was raining CG-fire

Those idiots aside, whats up with the admin telling them to stop using the CG

I'm not saying they didn't deserved to be kicked when they started mouthing off, but that was kinda.... :?

gunwarrior on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fantastic night on the Dome, gents!

Indeed. They're free points and it feels like cheating! And drop your bolt-actions and have some fun on the front lines while you're at it, too.

SVU/T88 + Ammo Upgrade + Revolver = frontline asshole shooting medics and throwing motion mines. If you get an assault buddy and keep mines on the hills that the offense inevitably stalls on, you can easily get 1000 points from motion mine assists alone. It's also stupid fun.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited July 2010
    He just asked them to take it easy with the rocket spam.

hailthefish on
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yeah but he repeated it again saying he wasn't kidding when he told them to ease it up.
    Bothered me a bit but, eh, maybe I'm reading too much into it

gunwarrior on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rocket Spam Still Exists Despite CG Nerf

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    edited July 2010
    CG still useful for its intended purpose and is easy as fuck to use.

People will use it, they need to nerf the max rocket limit to 3 and make it take 20 seconds per rocket to refill from a box.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited July 2010
    gunwarrior wrote: »

Yeah but he repeated it again saying he wasn't kidding when he told them to ease it up.
    Bothered me a bit but, eh, maybe I'm reading too much into it

Spoken like someone who didn't play through the great heydays of rocket spam. The Dome has always frowned upon CG spam, for the only way to counter heavy CG spam is with your own CG spam, and then the server gets super shitty and empties. Also, people with more CG kills than SMG kills are lesser men who may what enjoy the company of other fellows, if you catch my meaning.

Also, Kaffal Sure Loves Capitalizing Every Letter In A Sentence.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wow one patch and the CG whining begins all over again. It's like things are back to normal! >,>

Really it's not hardly as bad as it used to be.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    edited July 2010
    Still doesn't make it good or acceptable.

Warcry on
    edited July 2010

No, C4ing a UAV to blow up points is not good. CG isn't that bad. A moveing target is hard to take out, save if you can lead them and have height. Basically it's best taking out folks behind cover anymore.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Masume wrote: »

No, C4ing a UAV to blow up points is not good. CG isn't that bad. A moveing target is hard to take out, save if you can lead them and have height. Basically it's best taking out folks behind cover anymore.

If it was only used to take people out while they were in cover or when someone was running from point a to point b then no one would complain. Hell, even the occasional snipe from across the map is acceptable. But the point blank shot or using it like a better shotgun is ridiculous.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    Masume wrote: »

If it was only used to take people out while they were in cover or when someone was running from point a to point b then no one would complain. Hell, even the occasional snipe from across the map is acceptable. But the point blank shot or using it like a better shotgun is ridiculous.

You can't use that thing point blank, your just going to end up suiciding at best. Shotguns are so good, your better off using an actual shotgun if you want to go that route. I never find guys running in close quarters with it, it's mostly used to pummel buildings, cover and peg guys from a distance. Is this not the case for everyone else? :P

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I've actually noticed that people trying to point blank blast with the gustav have been killing themselves with the blast quite frequently.

I'll bust out the gustav when I see 6+ people grouped up behind the same cover because getting a multi kill of that is fantastic.

ghost_master2000 on
    edited July 2010
    You can achieve the same thing by throwing a hand grenade, then launching a 40mm grenade at it. And it's like 10x cooler.

Say NO to carl gustav

Warcry on
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    True, but as you can see I've got plenty of 40mm and hand grenade kills. Have to switch it up since I so rarely use the gustav.

ghost_master2000 on
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's great fun to catch people on your own team trying to C4 UAV the points, better when they're coordinating it through team chat.

I show up, shoot a rocket at the UAV and it loses all it's C4. Or even better, they go "Hey let's try that again", I then run up to the UAV, let them C4 it, then just jump out of the console. whiiiiir whiiirrrrr BOOM

Satsumomo on
    edited July 2010
    Do not argue with Masume regarding the Gustav. He didn't see reason in the past and he won't see it now. He has 737 CG kills, and his next highest is the M60. He is biased and it will be a fruitless argument.

That aside, CG spam isn't as bad as it used to be since so many more things are viable now. It just so happens that the people who do spam CG and the like just also happen to be tremendous silly gooses. And those people, CG spam or not, won't last long if I'm around.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If CGs are outlawed then only outlaws will have CGs.

tofu on
    edited July 2010
    I just updated the server to the R16 beta. DUHN DUHN DUHN.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • grambogrambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Athaedos wrote: »
    So... I logged in to finally get my all weapons and all general bronze stars, but once I got it with the Garand I still didn't get it. Does anything new give stars? I don't have anything for the tracer dart gun or smoke grenade launcher and other non-shooty gadgets but everything else is starred. Also, sorry about the motion mine thing. I almost never play recon and I was just getting my garrand and mortar kills. Forgot!

Oh wait... defrib or repair tool?

Nope, both are still broken (bronze all weapons bronze all guns), stupid DICE. There are no stars for defib/repair tool/40mm smoke/tracer.

grambo on
    grambo..png
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Having the CG itself is okay. But only using the CG combined with Explosives Mk2 is pretty disappointing. My use of the CG is limited to using it against Blackhawks, because it travels faster than the RPG, and bunker busting (i.e. houses with people in them). Other than that, I've gotten good enough with the SMG's that using the CG is no longer necessary.

EDIT: I should add that I also have around 700 CG kills, so I might have a bias towards the CG. I just hate teams or people who use it exclusively, while I use my SMG as my primary weapon.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    edited July 2010
    My favorite moment last night when me and some other PAer on the attacking team tried to take the lighthouse. He was a recon and I was an assault, and thanks to his motion mines and my resupplying of said motion mines, we knew there was a guy somewhere in there. So we starting moving up the stairs, checking out each floor one by one. Right before we get to the top, the guy drops off the radar. "Where'd he go?", I said. He'd stopped moving, obviously

After waiting a few moments, we finally made our move, only I'm not sure entirely what happened next. There was an explosion, which made me back off, and a few beats later the enemy recon dropped down to the stairs and my buddy was dead. I in turn shot the guy in the face, and the lighthouse was ours.

My least favorite moment was when I cut through a door only to find a guy inside crouching in a corner aiming a CG at the entrance.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif