[PTA] Decapitation and Dismemberment versions, available now

17810121363

Posts

  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    I take it there has been some sort of Sentai/Power Ranger character in the Pokemon-verse at some point?

    Gligar Man.

    alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • LucedesLucedes keeps happening for some reason Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You know, I think I might have Verity go Ace Trainer / Stat Ace, or Ranger / Rider, or Juggler / Massage Therapist.

    It all depends on how the party forms and how the RP goes.

    Lucedes on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    It is enormous. ENORMOUS!

    Also, there is no apparent way to derive base stats.

    Oh! I also need to update her with a pokegadget of some kind.

    EDIT: She totally has a Poketch. YEAH!

    There's a base stat spreadsheet in one of the downloads I think. In the GM ONLY folder to be specific.

    The starters technically have 4 points to distribute at level 5, but unless folks object I might just pre-distribute them in a balanced manner and they can take over from there.

    Edit: For you playing at home, ENORMOUS means 700 pages. Yeah, someone typed that up. The people who made this game are terrifying in their focus.

    Marshmallow on
    img]
  • LucedesLucedes keeps happening for some reason Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Also, for the record, I think there should be some kind of in-forum Pokemon League
    There...is...

    For the RP pokemans, Rent. Get with the times!

    Lucedes on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Going to pick up Black Belt like any REAL Martial Artist would. After that... I dunno. But I have a ways to go (even assuming I get accepted!) before I have to worry about that. It'll probably become clear enough in time.

    Also, Squall, while the Ace Trainer's abilities are kinda of a Big Deal for Pokemon fights, I had enough Ace Trainers from playing the game. Jack Stone's perspective is that the Pokemon League is just for people who don't want to learn to rely upon their own strength! They don't do the same exercises as their Pokemon, don't spar with their Pokemon (Jack Stone is rethinking this one with his last duel with Muscles, though...), don't teach their Pokemon, and don't even learn from their Pokemon.

    Hey, I'll have you know that Doug and Belmont lift weights together. Belmont even helps spot Doug on the bench press!

    Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Also, for the record, I think there should be some kind of in-forum Pokemon League
    There...is...

    For the RP pokemans, Rent. Get with the times!

    That is the single nerdiest idea I've ever heard Lucedes

    Rent on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey, I'll have you know that Doug and Belmont lift weights together. Belmont even helps spot Doug on the bench press!

    So... would you like to my Dojo?

    Capfalcon on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Guys stop stealing my brilliant idea to subtly imply my foresight and dedication by posting about what features I want my character to develop in the future, thereby bolstering my image as a prime candidate!

    I thought of it first!

    Speed Racer on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Guys stop stealing my brilliant idea to subtly imply my foresight and dedication by posting about what features I want my character to develop in the future, thereby bolstering my image as a prime candidate!

    I thought of it first!

    I have no idea what you're talking about!
    Ok, Ok, that was exactly my intent...

    But, it is fun, so oh well.

    Capfalcon on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    everyone shut up I am the prettiest pokemaster

    Squall on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    It is enormous. ENORMOUS!

    Also, there is no apparent way to derive base stats.

    Oh! I also need to update her with a pokegadget of some kind.

    EDIT: She totally has a Poketch. YEAH!

    There's a base stat spreadsheet in one of the downloads I think. In the GM ONLY folder to be specific.

    The starters technically have 4 points to distribute at level 5, but unless folks object I might just pre-distribute them in a balanced manner and they can take over from there.

    Edit: For you playing at home, ENORMOUS means 700 pages. Yeah, someone typed that up. The people who made this game are terrifying in their focus.

    Is there a way for a Pokemon to increase his capabilities or whatever they're called? For example, could a trainer work closely with his or her Pokemon with training weights in order to increase its Jump? Could the trainer read to the Pokemon every night and have it watch Pokemon Sesame Street and Pokemon Bill Nye the Science Guy to make it smarter?

    Terrendos on
  • notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It is entirely possible for Pokemon to deviate from the listed parameters in the Pokedex. You could very easily have a Pokemon who is smarter, faster, tougher, stronger than average for his species. Case in point, the creator of this game statted Red's Pikachu, and it had an Intelligence of 5 (compared to Pikachu standard of 4).

    For those of us familiar with the stats and Base Stat Relation, can we do the statting ourselves instead if we wish? I can handle stat'ing a level 5 Jolly Shroomish easily.

    notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Hey, I'll have you know that Doug and Belmont lift weights together. Belmont even helps spot Doug on the bench press!

    So... would you like to my Dojo?

    My guy lives in some backwater town in the mountains, but he would definitely be interested.

    Right now, me and Belmont tend to do our workouts outside when the weather is nice. Like so:

    dbwork.png

    Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Guys stop stealing my brilliant idea to subtly imply my foresight and dedication by posting about what features I want my character to develop in the future, thereby bolstering my image as a prime candidate!

    I thought of it first!

    Yeah you see, this is why I don't mention my Martial Artist aspirations!

    o_O

    Egos on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    notsoy wrote: »
    It is entirely possible for Pokemon to deviate from the listed parameters in the Pokedex. You could very easily have a Pokemon who is smarter, faster, tougher, stronger than average for his species. Case in point, the creator of this game statted Red's Pikachu, and it had an Intelligence of 5 (compared to Pikachu standard of 4).

    For those of us familiar with the stats and Base Stat Relation, can we do the statting ourselves instead if we wish? I can handle stat'ing a level 5 Jolly Shroomish easily.

    I see no reason why not.

    Also, if you teach a pokemon certain moves, like fly or strength, it can increase their capabilities.

    Also, you can gain entirely new ones this way. Example: Growlithe doesn't usually start with any fire moves, and he doesn't have the firestarter capability. but once he gets "Ember" he automatically gains the firestarter capability.

    Marshmallow on
    img]
  • notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Am I correct that natures also change the Pokemon's stats upon acquiring them, in accordance with the base nature?

    i.e.

    Level 1 Shroomish
    HP: 6
    Atk: 4
    Def: 6
    SpAtk: 4
    SpDef: 6
    Speed: 4

    Jolly would change SpAtk to 2 and Speed to 6?

    notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yup, exactly that. That's why having a well chosen nature is pretty sweet, it can completely change how you can set up your stats.

    For instance, using growlithe as an example again, his base stats are

    HP: 6
    ATK: 7
    DEF: 5
    SATK: 7
    SDEF: 5
    SPD : 6

    make him modest, and now his ATK (5) is less then his speed and hp (6) equal to his defenses (5). So you can now raise his speed, hp, and defenses without having to raise both attack stats, very useful if you want a somewhat balanced special attacker.

    Marshmallow on
    img]
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Also, for the record, I think there should be some kind of in-forum Pokemon League
    There...is...

    For the RP pokemans, Rent. Get with the times!

    That is the single nerdiest idea I've ever heard Lucedes

    I'm aspiring to achieve a position in this theoretical RPG league.

    Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Also, for the record, I think there should be some kind of in-forum Pokemon League
    There...is...

    For the RP pokemans, Rent. Get with the times!

    That is the single nerdiest idea I've ever heard Lucedes

    I'm aspiring to achieve a position in this theoretical RPG league.

    So, let me get this straight. We want to use a game based off of another game to make a league based of the league in the game we are basing our game off of?

    Capfalcon on
  • notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So, let me get this straight. We want to use a game based off of another game to make a league based of the league in the game we are basing our game off of?

    More or less, yes.

    Of course, some of us may have characters not quite interested in being the very best trainer, like no one ever was. All the same, to catch them is our real test, to train them is our cause.

    By the way, I updated my post in page 2 to include my Shroomish's stats, which I will also include here.
    Base Stats
    HP: 6 + 1 = 7
    Atk: 4 + 1 = 5
    Def: 6 + 1 = 7
    SpAtk: 2
    SpDef: 6
    Speed: 6 + 1 = 7

    notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Also, for the record, I think there should be some kind of in-forum Pokemon League
    There...is...

    For the RP pokemans, Rent. Get with the times!

    That is the single nerdiest idea I've ever heard Lucedes

    I'm aspiring to achieve a position in this theoretical RPG league.

    So, let me get this straight. We want to use a game based off of another game to make a league based of the league in the game we are basing our game off of?

    Exactly. But first I must prove my dominance by crushing all the other Gym Leaders beneath my well muscled heel.

    Don't ask me what exercises I did to muscle up my heel!

    It's a secret.

    Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bratrbratr Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Not that my picture is any good but I hate to be outdone

    So here is my Ranger and Pidgey
    PKtrainer.png

    bratr on
  • Dr. Mr. StarkDr. Mr. Stark Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Holy crap!

    Need any help getting anything sorted out?

    I can answer any questions about the confusion found from the .docs I've put out in the alpha splatbooks.

    Oh yeah, and Beta .pdfs come out this month, after nearly two years. (Ideally).

    Dr. Mr. Stark on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wait, where the hell are you guys getting these stats

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
  • notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy crap!

    Need any help getting anything sorted out?

    I can answer any questions about the confusion found from the .docs I've put out in the alpha splatbooks.

    Oh yeah, and Beta .pdfs come out this month, after nearly two years. (Ideally).

    HOLY SHIT DUDE

    Another reason to stay up late even though I'm supposed to eat breakfast and watch World Cup with my folks

    Uh...

    OOHOOHOOH

    When a Pokemon evolves, are they granted any stat increases as a result of evolving? I like to imagine that a Pokemon is granted stat changes based on the differences in base stats (i.e. a Shroomish evolving into Breloom gains 13-4 = 9 base Attack, a Kirlia evolving into Gallade sees its Special Attack reduced, etc.).

    How do Choice Items work? Are you restricted to three moves, or do you have to re-use one move every third turn (and can do whatever for the other two)? How does that figure in with the At-Will/EOT/Daily/Center thing (i.e. what do I do if I use Spore while wearing a Choice Scarf and my fourth turn comes up later)?

    Why are all the non-Choice boosters +10% damage increases (as opposed to 20%, which they are in-game)? Does that result in better balance?

    How goes the splatbook? I'm finding quite a few typos and such, I trust your crew is working hard fixing errors of that nature?

    And do Vitamins also increase a Base Stat in addition to changing the Base Stat Relation?

    notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Has the position of adorable/creepy little girl been filled yet? Because if not, well...

    Description:
    Name: Cassandra Star
    Age: 10
    Gender: Female
    Level: 1

    Nathan's deep musing on which soft drink to purchase from the vending machine was interrupted by a tug on his sleeve, startled, he looked down to see a small doll like girl staring up at him solemnly.
    "Oh! Hello there little lady. Are you lost?" He asked cheerfully. Nathan wasn't usually all that great with kids, but the way this little girl was staring at him so seriously was oddly adorable. He chuckled a bit as the girl shook her head, "All right then, what can I do for you?"

    The girl gravely held out what Nathan had assumed was a doll she was carrying, "Angelika is thirsty." The proffered Ralts, dressed in what was almost certainly a doll's dress, hung it's head, "Ralts." it said sadly, hanging it's head.

    "Well we can't have that now can we," Nathan chuckled, "I was going to get a lemonade, but I can get two waters instead if you want."

    "Ralts!" The little thing perked up immediately.

    The three sat in companionable silence for a few moments as Nathan drank his water and the girl and her Ralts shared theirs. Finally Nathan's curiosity got the better of him. "What are you two doing up here on your own anyways? Aren't you a bit young to be wandering around without your parents?"

    The girl scowled and kicked at the table, "Parents stink." The Ralts nodded emphatically.

    Nathan frowned, "Maybe so, still..." He trailed off as the girl scowled at him and shrugged, "Ah well. Where are you headed then?"

    "Pewter City." She answered with impressive dignity.

    He scratched his head, "Bit of a ways from here." He thought about it for a moment as he finished his water, "Well, good luck then I guess."

    With that he left the girl swinging her feet at the table. As the elevator door closed the girl raised her hand and waved slowly, once. He waved back, and wondered what would become of that strange girl.

    It wasn't until he got home that he realized his wallet was missing.

    (Boring stat stuff in spoilers)
    Stats:
    Str: 4 (-3)
    Dex: 6 (-2)
    Con: 14 (+2)
    Int: 16 (+3)
    Wis: 10 (0)
    Cha: 15 (+2)

    Derived Stats:
    HP: 70
    Evasion: -2
    Perception: 0
    Persuasion: +2
    Damage Bonus: 0
    Academics: +3

    Features:
    Psychic – Class Feature
    Prerequisites: 13 INT, 13 CON
    Key Abilities: +1 INT +1 CON
    Negligent Ability: -2 STR
    Class Features: Telepathy, Telekinesis


    Telekinesis: Psychic Feature
    At-Will
    Target: Any object that you may lift.
    Effect: Add your INT and CON modifiers and multiply the total by 5 pounds. This represents the weight you may lift (25lbs.) and items you may target with Telekinesis. Multiply your INT and CON modifiers then multiply that product by 3-meters. This is how far the target can be (18m).

    Telepathy: Psychic Feature
    At-Will
    Target: Any other human, some may be immune to Telepathy
    Effect: You may read the surface thoughts of other humans, as well as project your surface thoughts to other humans.

    Pole Weapons User: Arms Feature
    Gifted To: Capture Specialist or Researcher or Psychic or Martial Artist
    Prerequisites: 14 INT
    Effect: The Trainer can use Spears, Poleaxes, Polehammers, Glaives, Halberd, Mauls, Pikes, or any other Weapon that would fit into the Pole Weapons category. These weapons deal 1d6 + INT modifier.

    Throwing Weapons User: Arms Feature
    Gifted To: Capture Specialist or Psychic or Researcher or Ninja
    Prerequisites: 14 DEX or 14 INT
    Effect: The Trainer can use Darts, Throwing Stars, Throwing Knives, Kunai, or any other Weapon that would fit into the Throwing Weapons category. These weapons deal 1d4 + INT modifier.

    Inventory:
    P$2,000
    1 Great Ball
    5 Poké Balls
    Pokédex
    Small Suitcase
    -3 sets clothing
    -14 sets doll clothing
    -Assorted toiletries
    3 Chakram

    Pokémon:
    Name: Angelika
    Level: 5
    Species: Ralts
    Gender: Female
    Type: Psychic
    Nature: Timid
    Egg Group: Indeterminate
    Max HP: ?
    Current HP: ?
    Atk: ?
    Sp. Atk: ?
    Def: ?
    Sp. Def: ?
    Spd: ?
    Atk Eva: ?
    Sp. Atk Eva: ?
    Spd Eva: ?

    Kayne Red Robe on
  • notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Starters are usually level 5, FYI.

    Here is a list of "natures". If you want to pick a nature that matches the Pokemon's personality well, go ahead. If you want something more min-maxish, I would recommend a Timid nature so you can try to pump Ralts' speed early on to help cover for its frailty by hitting first.

    EDIT: May want to start Ralts at level 6 since that's when it learns Confusion, otherwise it will have no attacks to work with until it bums a level-up off of the team. Other options include Cassandra having stolen a Charge Beam or Shock Wave TM (Ralts' other special attacking options are comparatively overpowered at beginner levels), since none of Ralts' egg moves include worthwhile attacking options.

    notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks. Timid seems a bout right from an RP perspective anyways, so I'll run with that.

    I hope this system is a bit different than the games, since from what I recall, Ralts doesn't get an actual attack until level 6.

    Kayne Red Robe on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ohmigosh. It's Dr. Mr. Stark.

    I was going to message you on steam to give you a heads up about this but I uh... couldn't figure out how. I don't use steam much.

    For sorting out things, I've kinda been making a lot of stuff up. Also houserules, if I can go back through I'll try and find out what exactly I've been changing around in case it'll be of any help to you with the Beta or anything.

    Also, I am off to work for the next 9 hours, when I'm back signups are closed. I'll be taking stock of the characters and posting a final roster then, probably followed by the first game post however fast I can get it written.

    Catch you later.

    Marshmallow on
    img]
  • NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    omigosh omigosh omigosh so excited


    and yet so prepared for failure

    i won't resent you marsh

    NerfThatMan on
    PSN: corporateshill
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Aleksandr Ruskidoichev - Age 14 - Ace Trainer - Level 1


    Background:
    Aleksandr, or 'Al' as he prefers to be called, moved to Sunyshore City inthe Sinnoh region at an early age with his parents, who were originally from the Battle Zone, also known as Sakhalin. (Sinnoh is based on the geography of the Japanese island of Hokkaido, the southern part of the Russian island of Kunashir and the Northeastern island near Sinnoh resembles part of the Russian island of Sakhalin.) He was never particularly adept at school, and while some of that was due to his less than perfect command of Sinnoh's native language, a lot was down to the fact that he wasn't particularly book smart. In fact, the only subjects at which he excelled were those to do with the biology, psychology, care and training of Pokemon, his one true talent. Though he was not allowed a 'mon of his own as a young child, he contributed to the care and training of the family Pokemon at every opportunity. His parents, you see, were a trainer of no little repute, and a rather accomplished breeder. Together, his parents would breed and raise very high quality Pokemon, some would be kept and trained by his father, while the others would be sold as pets or battle-mons to families that could be trusted.

    On his thirteenth birthday, Al (or Sascha, as his parents call him, which he HATES) was given a Pokemon of his own, the son of two of his father's most famous battlers, Tyman and Voda, his Floatzels. He gave this Buizel the name Volnoy, and quickly formed a very strong bond with the sea weasel, even going so far as to swimming with the Pokemon daily, as part of his training regimen. Not even one year later, Al begged his parents to let him enter a local tournament for children his age, with Volnoy as his partner. Given the small-scale nature of the competition (children under 15 years of age, one Pokemon, one fall), his parents agreed. Al almost won, too. He reached the final through grit, determinatino and talent, and was beaten by a boy two years older than him, who brought his Luxray to the tournament. Volnoy was outclassed by the fully evolved Gleam Eyes pokemon, and beaten. Al swore to be a better trainer, to protect his Pokemon, and to figure out a technique for his beloved water type to beat Electrics.

    For his fourteenth birthday present, his parents have taken Al on holiday to the Kanto region, hoping to listen to some of Professor Oak's legendary lectures on Pokemon, to visit the Indigo Plateau, and to spend a day in Pewter City, to see the special event that is taking place there.

    His ambition is to combine training and breeding to become a renowned trainer, just like his parents.
    Stat Block:
    Str: 14 [+2]
    Dex:  6 [-2]
    Con: 14 [+2]
    Int:  6 [-2]
    Wis: 13 [+1]
    Cha: 12 [+1]
    
    Hit Points:    [70]
    Evasive Bonus: [+0]
    Perception:    [+1]
    Persuasion:    [+1]
    Damage Bonus:  [+2]
    Academics:     [-2]
    
    Features:
    Chain Weapon User: Arms Feature
    Gifted To: Ace Trainer or Ranger or Coordinator or Martial Artist
    Prerequisites: 14 CON
    Effect: The Trainer can use Whips, Bolas, Nunchaku, Chain Whips, Meteor Hammers, Kunai and Chain, Flails or any other Weapon that would fit into the Chain Weapons category. These weapons deal 1d6 + CON modifier.

    Fist Weapon User: Arms Feature
    Gifted To: Ace Trainer or Martial Artist
    Prerequisites: 14 STR
    Effect: The Trainer can use Gauntlets, Brass Knuckles, Cestus, Tessen, Cat Claws, Fan, Katar, Chakrams, Tonfa and any other Weapon that would fit into the Fist Weapons category. These weapons deal 1d4 + STR modifier.

    Enhanced Training: Ace Trainer Feature
    Static
    Trigger: Your pokemon gains experience points.
    Effect: Each of your pokemon gains 1.2x the amount of experience they would gain normally. This replaces the amount of experience they would normally gain.

    Improved Attacks: Ace Trainer Feature
    Static
    Trigger: Your pokemon’s damage dealing attack hits.
    Effect: When adding up damage dealt to the foe, add either half of your STR modifier or half of your CON modifier before your foes subtracts their defense or special defense from the attack.
    Equipment:
    I... couldn't find it in the docs? Halp! I copied someone else's list, and modified it some.
    P$300
    1 Great Ball
    5 Poké Balls
    Pokédex (includes carefully made notes detailling the locations, habits and capture tips for Pokemon he would like to meet).
    Three sets of clothing (tending towards athletics-wear).
    Swimming trunks.
    Swimmin goggles (worn at all times).
    Manriki-gusari (chain whip).
    Almanac of Pokemon Tournaments from the last five years.
    Fresh Water (Heal 50HP), 4.
    Awakening (Remove Sleep status), 2.
    Antidote (Remove Poison status), 2.
    Paralyse Heal (Remove Paralysis status), 1.
    Appearance and personality:
    Al is a tall kid for his age, at almost five feet and nine inches. He's also quite solidly build, partly from his insistance on training with his pokemon, partly due to genetics. He eats well and healthily, trains daily, and is usually dressed for a more active lifestyle than some. After all, shorts are comfortable, and easy to wear!

    He has blond spikey hair, usually held in place by a pair of red swimming goggles, blue eyes, and a strong jawline. Most of the time he's wearing a t-shirt of some description, shorts with numerous pockets for 'stuff', and a pair of close-fitting running/climbing/swimming sneakers that conform to his toes, for extra grip.

    Al is of the 'Never quit! Do your best! With determination, you can do anything!' camp, and it comes through in his behaviour. He is also rather protective of his Pokemon, sometimes stepping in the way to take a blow meant for Volnoy, especially if the attack is going to faint his fighting partner.
    Current Pokemon:
    Name: Volnoy
    Gender: Male
    Species: Buizel
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Adamant (+2 ATK, -2 SpATK), Swift Swim
    Hit Points: 36/36
    Base Stats:
    HP = 6 + 1 = 7
    ATK = 9 + 1 = 10
    DEF = 4 + 1 = 5 (1 Evade)
    SATK = 4 + 0 = 4
    SDEF = 3 + 0 = 3
    SPD = 9 + 1 = 10 (1 Evade)

    Capabilities: Overland 3, Surface 4, Underwater 1, Jump 2, Power 2, Intelligence 4, Fountain
    Moves: Quick Attack, Sonicboom, Growl, Water Sport, Protect
    Volnoy is the son of two battling legends, the twin Floatzels his father has used in double-battles across the world. He shares Al's 'never say never!' personality and determination, and is just as protective of Al as Al is of him. Volnoy enjoys Al's company, especially on their daily swimming sessions and training, and, to be honest, is a little stuck up when it comes to wild Pokemon as opposed to those bred for greatness.

    Name: Borzoi
    Gender: Female
    Species: Zigzagoon
    Nature: Brave
    Ability: Pick Up
    Brave (+2 ATK, -2 SPD), Pick Up
    Hit Points: 31/31
    Base Stats:
    HP = 4 + 1 = 5
    ATK = 5 + 1 = 6
    DEF = 4 + 1 = 5 (1 Evade)
    SATK = 3 + 0 = 3
    SDEF = 4 + 1 = 5 (1 Evade)
    SPD = 4 + 1 = 5

    Capabilities: Overland 3, Surface 3, Jump 3, Power 1, Intelligence 3
    Moves: Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip
    Caught early in Aleksandr's epic Pokémon journey, after a difficult battle outside of the Pewter City museum after an explosion ripped a hole in the Space Wing. Borzoi was named for her tenacity and ferocity in combat, but she's currently asleep (and angry!) in her Pokéball, on fairly low HP.
    Pokemon Al would like to meet:
    Quilava (well okay Cyndaquil but Quilava looks so much cooler)
    Treecko
    Zangoose
    Furret
    Zigzagoon
    Meowth
    Yanma
    Trapinch
    Nidoran (Male)
    Nirdoran (Female)
    Oh god that is long. Sorry. (Thanks for the item list, CapFalcon!)

    Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No matter who gets picked, there's certain things I'm really curious to see how they'll play out regardless. Like how will earning badges be handled, if at all? Will the party "take turns" fighting the Gym Leader one after another? That would be a little whacky!

    So many questions.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pressure time

    Kinda feeling like I should edit my backstory now

    BugBoy on
    You see lots of things, out there in the swamp at night. Some of them might even be real. But the Bugboy? That's just plain impossible.
  • LucedesLucedes keeps happening for some reason Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Calculated all of Gloria's stats, added them to the character post.

    Lucedes on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    Aleksandr Ruskidoichev - Age 14 - Ace Trainer - Level 1


    Background:
    Aleksandr, or 'Al' as he prefers to be called, moved to Sunyshore City inthe Sinnoh region at an early age with his parents, who were originally from the Battle Zone, also known as Sakhalin. (Sinnoh is based on the geography of the Japanese island of Hokkaido, the southern part of the Russian island of Kunashir and the Northeastern island near Sinnoh resembles part of the Russian island of Sakhalin.) He was never particularly adept at school, and while some of that was due to his less than perfect command of Sinnoh's native language, a lot was down to the fact that he wasn't particularly book smart. In fact, the only subjects at which he excelled were those to do with the biology, psychology, care and training of Pokemon, his one true talent. Though he was not allowed a 'mon of his own as a young child, he contributed to the care and training of the family Pokemon at every opportunity. His parents, you see, were a trainer of no little repute, and a rather accomplished breeder. Together, his parents would breed and raise very high quality Pokemon, some would be kept and trained by his father, while the others would be sold as pets or battle-mons to families that could be trusted.

    On his thirteenth birthday, Al (or Sascha, as his parents call him, which he HATES) was given a Pokemon of his own, the son of two of his father's most famous battlers, Tyman and Voda, his Floatzels. He gave this Buizel the name Volnoy, and quickly formed a very strong bond with the sea weasel, even going so far as to swimming with the Pokemon daily, as part of his training regimen. Not even one year later, Al begged his parents to let him enter a local tournament for children his age, with Volnoy as his partner. Given the small-scale nature of the competition (children under 15 years of age, one Pokemon, one fall), his parents agreed. Al almost won, too. He reached the final through grit, determinatino and talent, and was beaten by a boy two years older than him, who brought his Luxray to the tournament. Volnoy was outclassed by the fully evolved Gleam Eyes pokemon, and beaten. Al swore to be a better trainer, to protect his Pokemon, and to figure out a technique for his beloved water type to beat Electrics.

    For his fourteenth birthday present, his parents have taken Al on holiday to the Kanto region, hoping to listen to some of Professor Oak's legendary lectures on Pokemon, to visit the Indigo Plateau, and to spend a day in Pewter City, to see the special event that is taking place there.

    His ambition is to combine training and breeding to become a renowned trainer, just like his parents.
    Stat Block:
    Str: 14 [+2]
    Dex:  6 [-2]
    Con: 14 [+2]
    Int:  6 [-2]
    Wis: 13 [+1]
    Cha: 12 [+1]
    
    Hit Points:    [70]
    Evasive Bonus: [+0]
    Perception:    [+1]
    Persuasion:    [+1]
    Damage Bonus:  [+2]
    Academics:     [-2]
    
    Features:
    Chain Weapon User: Arms Feature
    Gifted To: Ace Trainer or Ranger or Coordinator or Martial Artist
    Prerequisites: 14 CON
    Effect: The Trainer can use Whips, Bolas, Nunchaku, Chain Whips, Meteor Hammers, Kunai and Chain, Flails or any other Weapon that would fit into the Chain Weapons category. These weapons deal 1d6 + CON modifier.

    Fist Weapon User: Arms Feature
    Gifted To: Ace Trainer or Martial Artist
    Prerequisites: 14 STR
    Effect: The Trainer can use Gauntlets, Brass Knuckles, Cestus, Tessen, Cat Claws, Fan, Katar, Chakrams, Tonfa and any other Weapon that would fit into the Fist Weapons category. These weapons deal 1d4 + STR modifier.

    Enhanced Training: Ace Trainer Feature
    Static
    Trigger: Your pokemon gains experience points.
    Effect: Each of your pokemon gains 1.2x the amount of experience they would gain normally. This replaces the amount of experience they would normally gain.

    Improved Attacks: Ace Trainer Feature
    Static
    Trigger: Your pokemon’s damage dealing attack hits.
    Effect: When adding up damage dealt to the foe, add either half of your STR modifier or half of your CON modifier before your foes subtracts their defense or special defense from the attack.
    Equipment:
    I... couldn't find it in the docs? Halp! I copied someone else's list, and modified it some.
    P$2,000
    1 Great Ball
    5 Poké Balls
    Pokédex (includes carefully made notes detailling the locations, habits and capture tips for Pokemon he would like to meet).
    Three sets of clothing (tending towards athletics-wear).
    Swimming trunks.
    Swimmin goggles (worn at all times).
    Manriki-gusari (chain whip).
    Almanac of Pokemon Tournaments from the last five years.
    Appearance and personality:
    Al is a tall kid for his age, at almost five feet and nine inches. He's also quite solidly build, partly from his insistance on training with his pokemon, partly due to genetics. He eats well and healthily, trains daily, and is usually dressed for a more active lifestyle than some. After all, shorts are comfortable, and easy to wear!

    He has blond spikey hair, usually held in place by a pair of red swimming goggles, blue eyes, and a strong jawline. Most of the time he's wearing a t-shirt of some description, shorts with numerous pockets for 'stuff', and a pair of close-fitting running/climbing/swimming sneakers that conform to his toes, for extra grip.

    Al is of the 'Never quit! Do your best! With determination, you can do anything!' camp, and it comes through in his behaviour. He is also rather protective of his Pokemon, sometimes stepping in the way to take a blow meant for Volnoy, especially if the attack is going to faint his fighting partner.
    Starting Pokemon:
    Name: Volnoy
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Swift Swim

    Volnoy is the son of two battling legends, the twin Floatzels his father has used in double-battles across the world. He shares Al's 'never say never!' personality and determination, and is just as protective of Al as Al is of him. Volnoy enjoys Al's company, especially on their daily swimming sessions and training, and, to be honest, is a little stuck up when it comes to wild Pokemon as opposed to those bred for greatness.
    Pokemon Al would like to meet:
    Quilava (well okay Cyndaquil but Quilava looks so much cooler)
    Treecko
    Zangoose
    Furret
    Zigzagoon
    Meowth
    Yanma
    Trapinch
    Nidoran (Male)
    Nirdoran (Female)
    Oh god that is long. Sorry. Can someone please point me to equipment listings? I couldn't find them!

    DAMN IT, PEOPLE. STOP POSTING GOOD CHARACTERS AND WORSENING MY CHANCES!

    Capfalcon on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sorry, Cap. I just wanted to go for a driven russian guy dedicated to his sports and pokemon training. :|

    I planned him to take the basic Breeder feature at level 2, so that he could breed his own awesomemons, and then train 'em up but good.

    Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh, and here's the items.


    ...You jerk.

    Capfalcon on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    good to see you pop in Dr. Mr. Stark, the system is pretty impressive so far. I'm excited to see how it will play.

    Kay: let's high five, swift swim is the rockingest ability

    Squall on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    Kay: let's high five, swift swim is the rockingest ability

    It totally is. Check it.

    You never played my own Rain Dance team, didja?

    Cap, thanks for the link!

    Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    Squall wrote: »
    Kay: let's high five, swift swim is the rockingest ability

    It totally is. Check it.

    You never played my own Rain Dance team, didja?

    Cap, thanks for the link!

    nope, here was mine in case you missed it when we had all that stuff going on in SE++

    I wasn't big into the battling anyways since I hate grindy powergamey frustrating bullshit, I had more fun building a team that I really liked

    Rainsquall_trainercardA_2.png

    Squall on
This discussion has been closed.