As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

• Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yar, it's the people who use the CG at the range the SMG was intended for that get most annoying. I prefer the RPG 7, since you can get some pretty nifty lob shots going on once you have a feel for the drop. I used to run with the CG but anymore I only bust it out to counter the CGspam of others. That and I've got all my engineer unlocks.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So the game has seen some patches then? I think I might come back and try to play!

What weapons are people bitching about now and what weapons will get me banned if I use them. :P

Sarksus on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, looks like I can play this again. For the longest time the updater has simply refused to work, and today as I was researching how to fix Mass Effect 2's Cerberus Network not connecting I discovered what is apparently a catch-all fix for all EA online games.

Just gotta download a bunch of patches and then I'm off to shooting things with my lovely Carl Gustav again.

edit: Well I'm delighted to see the server browser is still suffering from a severe case of balls.

reVerse on
  • Options
    ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    For anyone sitting on the fence the game just went on sale on steam for $33.49 for the next 24 hours.

Chromatomic on
  • Options
    ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Meh I rock explosives Mk2 with the CG.

Well really most times I'm running it as engy for the CG or RPG, to hopefully kill the pack of engies repairing the tank.

Then again I don't use either as a shotgun.

Arlington on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    See if you're trying to kill the engies as well it's much better to just have your Recons calling in Mortar Strikes when the tanks are being repaired. On maps like Valparaiso, I usually like having me or someone else C4ing the Bradleys.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have terrible terrible luck with the Mortar. But I'm even worse with C4.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    My favorite moment last night when me and some other PAer on the attacking team tried to take the lighthouse. He was a recon and I was an assault, and thanks to his motion mines and my resupplying of said motion mines, we knew there was a guy somewhere in there. So we starting moving up the stairs, checking out each floor one by one. Right before we get to the top, the guy drops off the radar. "Where'd he go?", I said. He'd stopped moving, obviously

After waiting a few moments, we finally made our move, only I'm not sure entirely what happened next. There was an explosion, which made me back off, and a few beats later the enemy recon dropped down to the stairs and my buddy was dead. I in turn shot the guy in the face, and the lighthouse was ours.

A sniper in the lighthouse was killing our mans repeatedly, and no one was taking care of him, so eventually a medic and I (assault) worked our way over there and cleared it floor by floor, like you say. There were two snipers, and we killed one on the staircase. Took his mines, tossed them, found another guy higher up, but he had paradropped onto the roof and tossing grenades up through the opening wasn't working. Then the mines went silent and we tossed a few more grenades to no avail. The medic started down the stairs and I leaped out the back balcony, parachuting to the base. Sure enough, ten feet away on the walkway on defense side of the lighthouse, that damn ghillie suit crouched with an M95.

Knifing that dude in the back was the best.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    My favorite moment last night when me and some other PAer on the attacking team tried to take the lighthouse. He was a recon and I was an assault, and thanks to his motion mines and my resupplying of said motion mines, we knew there was a guy somewhere in there. So we starting moving up the stairs, checking out each floor one by one. Right before we get to the top, the guy drops off the radar. "Where'd he go?", I said. He'd stopped moving, obviously

After waiting a few moments, we finally made our move, only I'm not sure entirely what happened next. There was an explosion, which made me back off, and a few beats later the enemy recon dropped down to the stairs and my buddy was dead. I in turn shot the guy in the face, and the lighthouse was ours.

My least favorite moment was when I cut through a door only to find a guy inside crouching in a corner aiming a CG at the entrance.

I was that sniper. The dude had a VSS and was just standing there waiting for me to pop my head out.

My favorite part about last night was getting ACE pin on the same map because I was the only one pushing the mcoms. Granted I ended up just c4ing half of them, but it was so worth it.

I am glad Slad started banning those silly CG spamming geese after they started mouthing off in the chat. I regularly ask people to cool it with the over use of the CG, if I am playing. When the only thing that kills me on a map is the CG, we have a problem. The first person to go had been camping one spot with nothing but the GC and a few ammo boxes for quite some time. Enough was enough.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    At the very least bust out the smg every 2 CG kills.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    Do not argue with Masume regarding the Gustav. He didn't see reason in the past and he won't see it now. He has 737 CG kills, and his next highest is the M60. He is biased and it will be a fruitless argument.

That aside, CG spam isn't as bad as it used to be since so many more things are viable now. It just so happens that the people who do spam CG and the like just also happen to be tremendous silly gooses. And those people, CG spam or not, won't last long if I'm around.

That is not entirely true...I never did say that the CG wasn't entirely OP prior the patch. I just found my reasons for using it when other stuff drove me nuts, and that currently yeah, it's kind of pointless now to bitch about it.

That said, all of my M60 kills are post nerf! It's the only gun I use when I play medic, because I suck using LMG's. I think my current fav is the M16, it just clicks well with me. Problem is lack of ressing and healing and you know, important stuff.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Got the patch and returned to running un-clanned on pubbie servers again.

So far so good....

OK, I am still crap, but at least I can hit stuff with the shottie now.

trevellian on
    McGough_EA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    At the very least bust out the smg every 2 CG kills.

Slapping an RDS and Magnum Ammo along with the UMP/PP2K/AKS/UZI on your Engie makes headshots all the better.

Masume wrote: »
    Do not argue with Masume regarding the Gustav. He didn't see reason in the past and he won't see it now. He has 737 CG kills, and his next highest is the M60. He is biased and it will be a fruitless argument.

That aside, CG spam isn't as bad as it used to be since so many more things are viable now. It just so happens that the people who do spam CG and the like just also happen to be tremendous silly gooses. And those people, CG spam or not, won't last long if I'm around.

That is not entirely true...I never did say that the CG wasn't entirely OP prior the patch. I just found my reasons for using it when other stuff drove me nuts, and that currently yeah, it's kind of pointless now to bitch about it.

That said, all of my M60 kills are post nerf! It's the only gun I use when I play medic, because I suck using LMG's. I think my current fav is the M16, it just clicks well with me. Problem is lack of ressing and healing and you know, important stuff.

I always find that the M16 doesn't do enough damage. I like toughing it out with the AUG or M416. All it takes to be good with the auto AR's is smart tap/burst firing.

finnith on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Now that the weapons have changed, perhaps start exploring counter-weapon tactic strategies that weren't viable before instead of resorting to pre-patch protocol.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We should fill up the Dome.

Cmawnn.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All I know is the recent updates fixed the insignias/kill tracking for the 360.

Finally got the last two bronze star insignias that I've been waiting for since like 2 weeks after launch.

Feels good man.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Changes that need to be made to Atacama Desert:
    1) You cannot enter the enemy team's first spawn point.

That is all.

(I am mad at this map)

101 on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    101 wrote: »

That is all.

(I am mad at this map)

I can't wait for the rush version.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

That is all.

(I am mad at this map)

That would be just...wow. So good.

I enjoy having the other team steal our chopper then base-rape us with 2 helicopters for the rest of the match as much as the next person, but man it gets old sometimes.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dangerous wrote: »

That is all.

(I am mad at this map)

That would be just...wow. So good.

I enjoy having the other team steal our chopper then base-rape us with 2 helicopters for the rest of the match as much as the next person, but man it gets old sometimes.

This doesn't happen too often to me but yes, it is annoying as shit. The only time I've seen it is when it was 19v13 before they capped teams.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, is this game worth buying now?

Scosglen on
  • Options
    ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If you like the battlefield style games, I would say its more worth buying now with the patch out and the steam sale then it was a week or two ago.

Chromatomic on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Alright I caved in finally. I look forward to meeting death at the hands of everyone's favorite friend Carl Gustav.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I will shot you with my knife.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sir that is a logical fallacy

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Fuck punkbuster. Seriously.

Also, fuck those pubnubs who think the only way to win at rush is suicide ATVs, UAVs, and Helicopters. Also, fuck the pubnubs who PAY ABSOLUTELY NO ATTENTION.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Not in Battlefield.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »

That is all.

(I am mad at this map)

I can't wait for the rush version.

The rush version will be awesome.

The Conquest version is ruined by the jackasses.

Also while I'm on the subject of maps.

Isla Innocentes needs the following changes:
    1) Change sections 1 and 3:
    Section1-Remove useless fucking sniper hill next to the attacking spawn, and make it so defenders can't mortar the attacking spawn.
    Section3- that fucking hill
    or
    2)scrap the map entirely.
    It is awful and encourages the very worst in the people who play it.

I am getting more mad at this game.

101 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I wish the game had better stat tracking. I swear my K/D always takes a dip when I play Isla Inocentes. Though it is a nice change of scenery from the usual snow/desert/jungle rotation that Arica Harbour, Valparaiso and Port Valdez/Nelson Bay present, I find it very hard to be effective in the first and last points. Both of them are all-or-nothing efforts. You either have a coordinated team who is able to take both MCOMs or a team that is more or less stonewalled.

I can get away with ninja MCOM arms on Valparaiso or even Port Valdez. Not so on those maps.

finnith on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Not that I think you deserve much more attention given your views on BC2 but you had a platinum M60 prior to is nerf.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Isla Inocentes is always either a meatgrinder on the first island, or a total steamroll. Very, very rarely have I seen the defense turn it around after losing the first set of MComs, except, like Finnith said, at the very end. That very end set, though, is brutal. The attackers almost always pitch their tents on that hill with their sniper rifles and CGs, and the defenders run around the back of the base, shooting back with sniper rifles and CGs, and it goes on like that for a very long time.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Isla Inocentes is always either a meatgrinder on the first island, or a total steamroll. Very, very rarely have I seen the defense turn it around after losing the first set of MComs, except, like Finnith said, at the very end. That very end set, though, is brutal. The attackers almost always pitch their tents on that hill with their sniper rifles and CGs, and the defenders run around the back of the base, shooting back with sniper rifles and CGs, and it goes on like that for a very long time.

Inocentes is almost as bad as Nelson Bay.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    Winnie The PoohWinnie The Pooh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Inocentes can disappear forever but Nelson Bay is the best.

Pre-nerf m60 users represent!

Winnie The Pooh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Inocentes is almost as bad as Nelson Bay.

Nelson Bay is the only map where I can consistently take out entire enemy squads with my Repair tool, so you can at least give it that.

finnith on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Not that I think you deserve much more attention given your views on BC2 but you had a platinum M60 prior to is nerf.

...man what? I didn't even USE the m60 until post nerf, I rarely played medic...and I don't even have a plat now, so I have no idea what your talking about. If you mean the CG, then yeah, I platted that fast. Also, lay off the attitude. My views on BC2 are the same as every other BF, which I've played since the first. Kick ass and win, and be as much of a vehicle whore as possible. There's a million ways to cheese in this game, and regardless of what's more OP than anything else, I guarantee if it isn't you then some other mother fucker will shoot you a million other ways from half a mile off. I still don't get this attitude of 'let's all use completely even weapons and run up to each other so it's fair and pew pew'. Every other ass will shoot you from a bush or stab you in the back. It's all good in WAR. Let's bitch about exploiters or hackers, folks who really break the game, how about that?

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You shouldn't pay too much attention to Sladvan. He kind of reminds me of Tube.

finnith on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    You shouldn't pay too much attention to Sladvan. He kind of reminds me of Tube.

Eh your right, I don't know why I bother. I must love to argue, or something. I'm just glad the patch got folks interested again really, it was dying off there a bit.

Still, without some new maps or perks this game might fade fast, I hope DICE puts some more work into it but I'm not holding my breath, their probably all assigned to BF3.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Winnie The PoohWinnie The Pooh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I dunno what slad was going on about the m60 thing for, but the reason you are getting "attitude" is you seem by your stats to be one of those people that ruin the game for everyone else and cause reduced server populations. Infantry wise all your kills come from the CG and M203 and your reasoning as you posted above is just nonsense when PA people are trying to run a friendly server.

You are just a horrible, despicable person. Based on the stats and the things you say, of course, so its nothing personal.

I hope the angry dome can sustain some sort of population Monday night when I get back to my computer, I want to shoot you people some more.

Winnie The Pooh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I dunno what slad was going on about the m60 thing for, but the reason you are getting "attitude" is you seem by your stats to be one of those people that ruin the game for everyone else and cause reduced server populations. Infantry wise all your kills come from the CG and M203 and your reasoning as you posted above is just nonsense when PA people are trying to run a friendly server.

You are just a horrible, despicable person. Based on the stats and the things you say, of course, so its nothing personal.

I hope the angry dome can sustain some sort of population Monday night when I get back to my computer, I want to shoot you people some more.

Been playing for awhile now, and I certainly didn't see people fleeing the server because of me when I did. I also didn't overly abuse the CG on the Dome, I mostly saved that for *other* servers. I'm just as friendly as the next guy when it comes to shooting people, and I normally respect the weapon hate, even if (post patch) it's slightly irrational. Mostly I've been medic/assault of late whenever I'm on the dome. I can handle despicable in a game where your supposed to kill everyone else, as long as it's in the game and not an exploit or just complete ass hattery. I'm looking at you, base rapers. >,>

Oh, and nice stats on that M60, pooh. *cough cough* ;)

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited July 2010

You are one of the PAers I actively avoid when you're on the enemy team. I just can't seem to beat you in a firefight.

finnith on