As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Dawn of The Final Day -24 Hours Remain-

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    In honor of 'Murika, I bought the Call of Duty Collection. I've only played Modern Warfare 2, so I thought it'd be nice to check out the previous games. Started with Call of Duty, the original. It's pretty good! And at 1680x1050 8xAA, it looks sharp too.

Renzo on
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think I held back pretty well this sale. These were my new additions, excluding the Borderlands DLC.

de59a63f503649493a8ae0a3f88f652405d21f5b.jpgcf64f47b55269b35e559e7dd575f4261c20b9c51.jpg6a1f18f2142ef005fa35bc712a9c3c3630d2c59b.jpg95beda0d8dbd3d317359fae9f0e6ca1193b2429c.jpg315d98c4ece56ca708343c7529693394157e32c1.jpg912683e5813f331ef5bf9022be53922c2cb39a2a.jpgd73261f7f57b0ccf175acc81cdab00dc55b421fa.jpg5c89feae2ceb954f6db723323261edb951d02926.jpg6391cfcfdf72d12d06ea29c4ed2bb1b890897a30.jpg3066daa0b8f8d94c9c03172a58df5c0cbaddd63a.jpg3f24e709b546f06641586190a6a84be791161830.jpge6138094ded2bc5c72c52ebd84ca510d73b05362.jpg

Can you guess them all? I wouldn't be able to! Not the greatest icons.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I dug up links to the demo for SotS if you guys wanted them- the bottom of this wiki page.

http://sots.rorschach.net/LHI_CE_DEMO

Lykouragh on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I recognize Shatter, Serious Sam, Darwinia, Gothic, and Uplink.

Renzo on
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay. 101.05 spent, I may have to turn off my internet so I don't spend more.

The Guild II + Pirates of the European Seas
    12.49 USD
    Just Cause 2
    24.99 USD +5 for all DLC
    Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
    3.39 USD
    Majesty 2: Kingmaker
    7.49 USD
    The Settlers 7 - Gold Edition (NA)
    40.19 USD
    Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection
    14.99 USD

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    I think I held back pretty well this sale. These were my new additions, excluding the Borderlands DLC.

de59a63f503649493a8ae0a3f88f652405d21f5b.jpgcf64f47b55269b35e559e7dd575f4261c20b9c51.jpg6a1f18f2142ef005fa35bc712a9c3c3630d2c59b.jpg95beda0d8dbd3d317359fae9f0e6ca1193b2429c.jpg315d98c4ece56ca708343c7529693394157e32c1.jpg912683e5813f331ef5bf9022be53922c2cb39a2a.jpgd73261f7f57b0ccf175acc81cdab00dc55b421fa.jpg5c89feae2ceb954f6db723323261edb951d02926.jpg6391cfcfdf72d12d06ea29c4ed2bb1b890897a30.jpg3066daa0b8f8d94c9c03172a58df5c0cbaddd63a.jpg3f24e709b546f06641586190a6a84be791161830.jpge6138094ded2bc5c72c52ebd84ca510d73b05362.jpg

• ?
    • ?
    • Beat Hazard, maybe?
    • Serious Sam
    • ?
    • Darwinia
    • Multiwinia
    • Gothic
    • Gothic 2
    • ? Some sort of city building sim, I'd imagine.
    • Uplink
    • Pirates!

Tamin on
  • AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Renzo wrote: »
    I recognize Shatter, Serious Sam, Darwinia, Gothic, and Uplink.

And the Guild 2 and Beat Hazard

AdditionalPylons on
  • TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks to this steam sale i now have 133 total games on steam with a brand new value of over 2200 bucks according to steam calculator.

I have spent only about 600 dollars on steam over the course of 3 years.

Talkc on
  • DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tamin wrote: »

• ?
    • Maybe Call of Pripyat?
    • Beat Hazard, maybe?
    • Serious Sam
    • Cryostasis
    • Darwinia
    • Multiwinia
    • Gothic
    • Gothic 2
    • ? Some sort of city building sim, I'd imagine.
    • Uplink
    • Pirates!

Dourin on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh fuck! I totally forgot about Call of Pripyat! It's still on sale, so it'll be the last thing I buy. Great!

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Alpha Prime
    Chrome + Chrome: Specforce
    Champions Online
    Ghost Master
    Crysis Complete (NA)
    The Guild II: Pirates of the European Seas
    Torchlight
    Shatter
    The Void (ND)
    Left 4 Dead
    X-Com Complete Pack
    Max Payne Bundle
    Audiosurf
    Introversion Complete Pack - Summer 2010
    Trine
    Time Gentlemen, Please! & Ben There, Dan That!

$75.48 total.

Still thinking about L4D2, THQ pack, and JC2. If the THQ pack had all 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games in it, it would be bought. Maybe I'll just get RF: Guerilla, and wait for future insane deals on Metro 2033 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I've got enough to keep me busy until Atari decides to sell The Witcher for <$10 again.

Eh, I'm probably done for now.

Doctor Detroit on
  • CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    And The Witcher is one of the seminal RPGs of our time, with racist elves, sexist dwarfs, lots of titties, and a legitimately good storyline that integrates choice not just into the next conversation but into the very tapestry of your experience. Tough choices, perky nipples. A combination for the ages.

If this is true then the game is bullshit, because dwarves are very gender-egalitarian. Those elf bastards sure are racist though.

Cervetus on
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Answers ( I had to recheck one because even I forgot what it was...)
    • Shatter
    • Defcon (was expecting a better icon for this one)
    • Beat Hazard
    • Serious Sam (HD 2nd Encounter, specifically)
    • Cryostasis
    • Darwinia (or Multiwinia)
    • Multiwinia (or Darwinia)
    • Gothic 2
    • Gothic 3
    • Puzzle Kingdoms
    • Uplink
    • The Guild 2: Pirates of Burning Loins or whatever the name is

Although now I'm considering adding Pripyat to this hideous list.

Nah, I got enough games to last me until 2011's Christmas sale.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think I'm going to get Men of War, the King's Bounty pack, and the Space Rangers pack tonight.

Should I replace Space Rangers with Star Wolves, or get just the second game instead of the pack? Or just go with it?

Lykouragh on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cervetus wrote: »
    And The Witcher is one of the seminal RPGs of our time, with racist elves, sexist dwarfs, lots of titties, and a legitimately good storyline that integrates choice not just into the next conversation but into the very tapestry of your experience. Tough choices, perky nipples. A combination for the ages.

If this is true then the game is bullshit, because dwarves are very gender-egalitarian. Those elf bastards sure are racist though.

I might have switched some stuff up. I haven't played it myself (waiting for The Witcher 2 and 3 to come out then I'll buy a big ol' combo pack).
    I am very good at not spending money.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've had my eye on Dark Void Zero for some time, anyone know if it's worth grabbing for it's whopping 66 cents off?

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm contemplating the Commandos pack and Left 4 Dead 2. (I've heard that the expansion for the first game and 3 aren't worth it - can anyone confirm/deny?)

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I bought Safecracker for $2.50

The idea sounds fun but I bet I'll need a strategy guide by the fourth or fifth puzzle.

emnmnme on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    In lieu of a celebration of stuff I've failed to buy because I'm stingy and also trying to get my American Express gift card to buy stuff, here is a...

List of Games You Really Ought to Buy if You Like...

Strategy Games!
    Men of War is less than $4. It is an insanely detailed game with fully destroyable environments, an individual inventory for every man and vehicle, an intricate damage model for vehicles, an epic single player campaign that can be played in coop, and wonderful multiplayer with a number of game modes. My YouTube channel has gameplay videos. A standalone expansion/sequel is coming sometime next year, probably, so if you're incredibly patient you can hold out for that.

The Introversion Pack is $5 and you get four games that push the envelope in terms of gameplay innovation, art design, and throwbacks to the 80s. Uplink is easily the best hacking simulation that exists for the PC, unless you're an actual hacker, in which case hacking people is a better simulation. DEFCON is a game that looks like the computer display in NORAD from WarGames and it somehow makes you feel far, far worse about fighting war than any game ever has before, despite not having any actual people who you can see. Darwinia and Multiwinia combine a retro styling with fun, frantic RTS-lite gameplay mechanics. Lemmings plus Command and Conquer, really.

Civilization IV and its expansion packs will consume your very soul and you will emerge months later into the sunlight, blinking, wondering why everyone is not acknowledging your clear superiority which is evident because you have conquered the world a thousand times in a thousand different ways. Civ V is coming soon though so if you're patient, wait it out.

Freedom Force and its sequel are a must if you're a fan of squad based strategy and comic books. They hearken back to the Silver Age comic books, and in addition to telling an amazing story with humor and pathos (these are the Bioshock guys, remember), they let you design your own superheroes and throw cars at people. Even Nazis.

Tropico 3 lets you be the dictator of your own little Banana Republic. Kowtow to the Soviets and they'll help you build cheap tenements to keep your people just happy enough not to revolt against you for paying them almost nothing to work in the mines and on the farms while you funnel profits to your Swiss bank account, or cozy up with the USA and the CIA so that they'll keep you safe from your own impoverished citizens while you spend huge amounts of money making the island pretty for tourists and even huger amounts of money enriching your Swiss bank account!

Shooters!
    The Chronicles of Riddong/Ridwang/Riddick is two games in one, and they're both great. Punching, shooting, and stabbing all make an appearance in this faithful recreation of what Vin Diesel would actually be like in prison in the future if he were anything like his D&D characters. Starbreeze Studios put a lot of love into these games and it has earned them a place in the limited and coveted "games that represent the best aspect of the universe they are set in" club. Other winners include Crimson Skies and Shadowrun (JUST KIDDING ABOUT SHADOWRUN).

Mass Effect 2 is actually an RPG.

Chrome and its expansion cost $2 total and are apparently a lot like Crysis. Big levels, choice in how to approach gunfights, and gunfights. So, take a chance! Roll the dice! Shoot some mans!

Five bucks for the good Painkiller game is a bargain. Why? You get a gun that shoots lightning. But that's its secondary fire. Primary fire shoots shurikens. And that's the boring gun, because the exciting one fires stakes. And grenades.

Securing American Dominance!
    It's the Fourth of July, silly geese! The Fourth of July! America's birthday! Are you ready to prove to the rest of the world that America is the best fucking country ever?! YOU BUY THESE GAMES NOW!

Just Cause 2 is a game where you play a CIA agent sent into destabilize a country by destroying most of its infrastructure solely because the new leader does not support the United States. You have a blank check to buy weaponry from the black market and nobody cares if you kill civilians. This is literally what the game is about.

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead is set in "Takistan" where you shoot "terrorists" who hate our "freedom." Of course we all know that this is just code for running around Afghanistan shooting freedom fighters who just want to live in peace for 15 consecutive years without being invaded by a superpower. Nice try, guys! This game lets you pilot UAVs and drop Hellfire missiles on people who wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of fighting back even if they had more than $5 to spend on military equipment, and it has missions where you and your team use advanced night vision and infrared signaling technology against what are essentially goat herders with things what go pop when they point them at you. user122324_pic1820_1221454527.gif

I already mentioned Tropico 3 but if you want to you can completely screw over the people of your island in order to make it a staging area for the American military so that they can combat Soviet influence in South America, or a tourist paradise for rich Americans who you will have to keep away from your starving citizens so they don't get unhappy on their vacation.

In Grand Theft Auto IV you play as an immigrant, but that's okay, America is the great melting pot. And most importantly, you play as an AMERICAN who knows what AMERICA is about: earning as much money as fast as possible even if you have to commit heinous crimes. And it's set in New York City, the most American of all cities if you ignore all those goddamn liberals who live there. Stay away from the standalone expansion pack: you can play as a biker gang, which is incredibly American, but there's also a gay guy, which is unAmerican, apparently (I don't make the rules user122324_pic1820_1221454527.gif).

Roleplaying Games!
    I know that The Witcher was cheaper earlier in the sale. Suck it up, crybaby. The difference in price is less than what you spent buying your underpants, and you don't even need underpants. That's a FACT. Because you wear PANTS. And The Witcher is one of the seminal RPGs of our time, with racist elves, sexist dwarfs, lots of titties, and a legitimately good storyline that integrates choice not just into the next conversation but into the very tapestry of your experience. Tough choices, perky nipples. A combination for the ages.

Mass Effect 2 is actually a shooter.

Potpourri!
    Red Faction: Guerilla is $5 and you can smash buildings with a hammer.

Thief 3 costs as many dollars as the number in its name says it ought to, and if you liked Thief 1 and 2 (which you DID because they OWNED FACE) then it's worth it.

If World of Goo looks interesting and you don't own it, you're weird as hell because it's been available for 1 cent more times than I can count, but hey. World of Goo!

If you don't own much or anything in the THQ complete pack it's actually a really awesome deal.

The Guild: Everyone's buying this shit lately. It's all about, like, diplomatic intrigue and economic intrigue and stabbing people intrigue and it's European so that's always fun.

Culpa Innata is a cyberpunk point and click adventure game and I am literally the only one who has ever mentioned it in the history of the universe in any context whatsoever.

This makes me so happy TychoChelchuuu. Thanks for making me feel so much better about all my spendings! A few of the shooters there I didn't get but all the strategy games I managed to pick up and a bunch of older other stuff I always wanted. Mad props to everyone here for the suggestions and help with all the confusing expansions and shit. The Guild 2 Pirates of the European Sea I'm looking at you!

Big Classy on
  • kleinfehnkleinfehn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone want to get a 4 pack for Borderlands? I'll buy one of them, so if we can find two more bros we would be set.

kleinfehn on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ferrus wrote: »
    What is the Guild II? I look at it and it looks interesting but I can't figure out what it is.

It's Sims + Economy + Clunkiness. In medieval Europe.

Hmmm......thanks.

That's part of it.

Basically you control members of a family in a European town. You start out with only one so the others you get to control have to be added to the game and family by first marrying one and then making babies.

You choose from one of four classes that each have a number of "businesses" they can start up. So a scholar could set up hospitals, alchemy shops, and/or churches in some combination to make money. A craftsman would set up shops for wood, metal, or cloth goods and can also expand into owning mines and the like. There's also a rogue class that has thieves guilds, bandit camps, and pirate forts instead. Each class has different exp costs to level up different skills so rogues are easier to turn into fighters while craftsmen can get really durable.

Most of the businesses will involve making some finished good from raw materials which are then sold for a profit. In addition to your family members, you hire employees that help out at work. You choose what to make, what raw materials to buy/gather, etc. with prices being set by supply and demand as far as I can tell.

You also hire henchmen to do things like guard your house, guard your resource wagons from bandits, and general thuggery. I'll get to that part later.

So far I've mentioned the stuff you deal with starting out. There's also a political aspect. Towns have various political offices with privileges attached. Exactly what those offices and privileges are depends on the size of the town. For instance, my Inquisitor became a Bishop when a town recently grew in status and gained the ability to absolve sins and thereby remove the ability to accuse the recipient of crimes while the leader of the city guard gained immunity from prosecution. There are other fun powers like jailers being able to have people arrested and tortured, inquisitors being able to demand harsher sentences when accusing someone of a crime, etc. To get these positions, you need to be elected and re-elected each time cycle and this involves all the bribery and seduction you would expect.

As I alluded to, there's a crime and justice system in place as well. If you witness or otherwise collect evidence of someone committing a crime (ie, having a henchman shadow or ask around about), you can request a trial. Or someone else may call a trial where you end up as a juror and get to decide on someone's fate. Again, bribery and seduction are often involved.

The purpose of much of this is to eliminate rival families. Keep jailing the elderly patron of a rival dynasty and they'll die of old age without doing much to improve their family. Collect evidence of crimes and have a rival sentenced to death. Have henchmen set fire to a rival business to kill their income. Have family members insult rivals to get a duel scheduled. Put up smear pamphlets on the town board to make a political rival lose favor before and election. Have henchmen and family members wait in ambush for a rival and just murder them with axes. Buy some of the nastier items an alchemist's shop can put on the market to poison or curse rivals. The list goes on and on.

There's certainly an economic model underneath all this, but the end result is a medieval dickery simulator.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Just started Bioshock 2, the cut scene graphics are pretty weak, the color seems off and the clarity is pretty bad. Once I got in the actual game though everything looked amazing. One thing that is driving me insane though is the menus, is there any way to disable to magnetism around buttons?

Fizban140 on
  • zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm contemplating the Commandos pack and Left 4 Dead 2. (I've heard that the expansion for the first game and 3 aren't worth it - can anyone confirm/deny?)

The expansion for the first game is extra missions which are entertaining, but difficult as fuck, IIRC. It's most certainly worth it and I recommend that pack.

zeeny on
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I played the living crap out of commando's 1 and 2 + expansions. Mind you, it was Coop the whole way. This game shines like the sun with another person. commando's 3 fell flat because they left out Coop completely. You could only try to beat the other person to the target, not divide up the party control for the common goals like 1 and 2. 1 and 2 are still enjoyable solo for sure, but with a "sneak and shank" coop buddy it's pretty epic.

In short, I've revisited this game like 5 times or more. If you have another person to play with (Hell, I would go through it again and I have a vent server) it's a must buy in my mind.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
    edited July 2010
    Here's my list of 21 items purchased just this past 10 days during the summer sale.

Time Gentlemen, Please! + Been There Done That pack
    Trials 2: Second Edition
    Men of War
    Freedom Pack
    Thief: Deadly Shadows
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (EU)
    Tropico 3
    Torchlight
    Osmos
    Max Payne Bundle (EU)
    Gothic II
    Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
    Left 4 Dead 2
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
    Penumbra Collectors Pack
    Far Cry Complete
    Cryostasis
    The Deus Ex Collection

In total 35 games for £92.90. Insane.

However, I bought Morrowind and Oblivion 3 days before this sale along with gifting a copy of those each to a friend. Not to mention Mirror's Edge, Burnout and Crysis from the EA sale a few more days before that. So the grand total for a period of 31 days is £136.22. I'm just glad I'm not including May's purchases. Total would be £210 D:

Big Classy on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, Thief 3 was an instant buy, both for myself and my best friend, who's never played it.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Here's my list of 21 items purchased just this past 10 days during the summer sale.

Men of War
    Freedom Pack
    Tropico 3
    Torchlight
    Osmos
    Max Payne Bundle (EU)
    Gothic II
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Penumbra Collectors Pack
    Far Cry Complete
    Cryostasis
    The Deus Ex Collection

However, I bought Morrowind and Oblivion 3 days before this sale along with gifting a copy of those each to a friend. Not to mention Mirror's Edge, Burnout and Crysis from the EA sale a few more days before that. So the grand total for a period of 31 days is £136.22. I'm just glad I'm not including May's purchases. Total would be £210 D:

But you don't have to buy games for years now. :)

johnwing on
    edited July 2010
    johnwing wrote: »

Men of War
    Freedom Pack
    Tropico 3
    Torchlight
    Osmos
    Max Payne Bundle (EU)
    Gothic II
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Penumbra Collectors Pack
    Far Cry Complete
    Cryostasis
    The Deus Ex Collection

But you don't have to buy games for years now. :)

Exactly. Although, there's still plenty I want get. Just Cause 2, Batman: AA, Metro 2033. I just decided to go for stuff that would last me until atleast, Christmas. By then those will have dropped in price considerably.

Big Classy on
  • XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    johnwing wrote: »

Men of War
    Freedom Pack
    Tropico 3
    Torchlight
    Osmos
    Max Payne Bundle (EU)
    Gothic II
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Penumbra Collectors Pack
    Far Cry Complete
    Cryostasis
    The Deus Ex Collection

But you don't have to buy until the next big sale now. :)

Fixed.

Xtarath on
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Silly question, but does Civ 4 have online play, and are people still playing this?

Most of my purchases revolve around online play a lot lately, so that's my major deal for this sale.

Well, save for Freedom Force...and Trine.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So uh... what do you guys think the regular weekly specials will be tomorrow? :P

I spent about $35 for

Altitude
    Introversion Pack
    GTA 4
    Indigo Prophecy
    Lead & Gold
    Port Royale 2
    Red Faction: Guerrilla
    Thief Deadly Shadows
    The Guild II
    Eve
    X-com Pack

18 games (though I don't think X-com enforcer or interceptor should count so 16)

Call of Pripyat is the my stand-out that didn't get a daily... I think i'll hold off since in theory it should be dirt cheap by the time I need to buy anything else, that of course isn't how things work

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Final Tally:

King's Bounty: Gold
    Secret Armory of General Knoxx
    Thi3f
    GRID
    Red Faction: Gorilla
    Left 4 Dead 2

$36.65

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There's certainly an economic model underneath all this, but the end result is a medieval dickery simulator.

......sold.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone have a clue why my steam download is shitting the bed?

Last night it downloaded at 600k/s for like 3 hours straight.

Now it's acting like a very slow sine wave... It'll spend 30 seconds downloading at 400k, gradually slow down to 0k/s, spend 30 seconds there, gradually accelerate back up to 400, and repeat the cycle. Over and over.

Could it just be as simple as "Lots of people using steam right now"?

edit: And now it's down to like 15 seconds on the "downloading" and 60 seconds on the "not downloading" parts of each cycle...

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Answers ( I had to recheck one because even I forgot what it was...)
    • Shatter
    • Defcon (was expecting a better icon for this one)
    • Beat Hazard
    • Serious Sam (HD 2nd Encounter, specifically)
    • Cryostasis
    • Darwinia (or Multiwinia)
    • Multiwinia (or Darwinia)
    • Gothic 2
    • Gothic 3
    • Puzzle Kingdoms
    • Uplink
    • The Guild 2: Pirates of Burning Loins or whatever the name is

Although now I'm considering adding Pripyat to this hideous list.

Nah, I got enough games to last me until 2011's Christmas sale.

Trip, how are you pulling those images from the Steam Stroe, I can't seem to get the source with copy image location in Firefox of the Steam Browser.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    Chances are, yes, that's the reason. The steam main page is still not loading right for me (since like friday or so.)

I received gifts I can't quite collect because the page won't load.

And yet I'm downloading around 220KB/sec steady.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks a lot guys, making me spend over one hundred bucks on vidja games after just having bought two of them a coupla days ago >.>

Rent on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Also here's my list of shit

BG&E
    X-COM pack
    Borderlands + DLC
    Machinarium
    ME2
    Max Payne Pack
    Peggle Pack
    Plants vs. Zombies

This is the first time I've ever used Steam to buy non-casual games (I'm a pretty devout console guy usually), so my question is 1) can these games be played adequately with a mouse + keyboard setup and 2) if not, what's a good controller to get for the PC?

Rent on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ok, going through the tutorials on the Guild II pirates now.

Where can I find anything that is needed as far as patches and mods and stuff (and what is recommended to get before I get started)?

ManetherenWolf on
    edited July 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Also here's my list of shit

BG&E
    X-COM pack
    Borderlands + DLC
    Machinarium
    ME2
    Max Payne Pack
    Peggle Pack
    Plants vs. Zombies

This is the first time I've ever used Steam to buy non-casual games (I'm a pretty devout console guy usually), so my question is 1) can these games be played adequately with a mouse + keyboard setup and 2) if not, what's a good controller to get for the PC?

The only "maybe" on your list would be Beyond Good and Evil, but I don't remember hating KB&M controls for that one. (But I tend to be pretty tolerant.) Other than that... nope.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
This discussion has been closed.