As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Dawn of The Final Day -24 Hours Remain-

• mwoodymwoody Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Okay so I bought the Borderlands DLC but it's not showing up on my games list

Does it show up somewhere else or what? I mean Borderlands the game is, but not the DLC

No, it doesn't show up on the list. When you run the game, you should see one of those "first time setup" thingies running a DLC installation file (presumably downloaded automatically like it would a patch).

Come to think of it, it may be that - since it's a multiplayer game - Steam automatically installs the DLC content so anyone can see items you bring over; I don't know.

mwoody on
    Steam: mwoody450
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Does it show up somewhere else or what? I mean Borderlands the game is, but not the DLC

It downloads straight into Borderlands. There aren't any separate items on the list for the DLC.

aaaannnd beat'd

Drake on
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So with the Civ IV complete pack, is there a way to run all versions from one exe (sorta like how Starcraft had that little "Original Campaign/Brood War" menu)?

Aren't two of the expansions part of Civ 4 but Colonization is it's own thing...or something?

Darlan on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

DLC is accessed from within the game. If you open the properties of a game, it should show the DLC you own on the DLC tab.

Borderlands DLC specifically is accessed by fast travelling to the appropiate area.

Peewi on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DAMAGE REPORT

Left 4 Dead 2 -- $10.19
    Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines - $1.69
    Commandos 2: Men of Courage - $1.69
    Freedom Pack - $1.87
    Bioshock - $4.99
    Thief: Deadly Shadows - $2.99
    Torchlight - $5.00
    X-Com Complete Pack - $3.74
    Grand Theft Auto IV - $4.99
    Civilization IV: Complete Edition - $9.99
    Max Payne Bundle - $3.74

Total - $50.88
    # games - 19
    avg price - $2.68

All of this, for just slightly less than that copy of Red Dead Redemption I was thinking about getting. God bless America.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Darlan wrote: »
    So with the Civ IV complete pack, is there a way to run all versions from one exe (sorta like how Starcraft had that little "Original Campaign/Brood War" menu)?

Aren't two of the expansions part of Civ 4 but Colonization is it's own thing...or something?

If you wanna play Civ4, launch Beyond the sword (although change the menu theme and music to the original one).

For Colonization, I think you just launch Colonization. It is separate (not played it yet myself, despite picking it up in a previous sale).

LewieP on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Darlan wrote: »

You only need to install and run Beyond the Sword to cover that, the original Civ IV, and Warlords. Colonization is pretty much an entirely separate game and yeah, it pretty much its own thing.

Ketar on
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Annnd, I spent more than I planned to during this sale. But I got alot of games and I think I'm set for a very long time.

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition Pre-order (the first one for free)
    Portal
    Shatter
    King's Bounty: The Legend
    Titan Quest Gold
    Bioshock
    Bioshock 2
    Left 4 Dead
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Zeno Clash
    The Guild 2
    Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2 Gold
    Borderlands+all DLC

Soo, 14 games, 3 things of DLC and two expansions. For 90-ish dollars. Awesome.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    'Kay thanks, will do. I'm going to lose a lot of hours to these games...only to have Starcraft II and New Vegas blindside me after that.

Ah, this hobby. :P

Darlan on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ketar wrote: »

Unless it launches separately it shows up within the main listing. Right-click on Borderlands and choose View Downloadable Content - it should show up there, and should auto-install.

thanks duders

Rent on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hahaha what the fuck. Wikipedia just crashed?

Tamin on
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    mwoody wrote: »
    So I see people talking about The Guild 2, and I decide that despite the flaws, I like the idea. I see it's priced at $7 or so, which is a decent deal (50% off). I research the game, down to downloading a mod, patches, and a hotfix, and figuring out how to configure them.

Then, right before I'm about to complete my purchase, a friend points out that it was $3.75 earlier in the week. And now I'm not interested in it at all. Because that game spent 24 hours at 75% off, I now feel like a sucker if I pay one cent more for it, ever.

*sigh*

And on a similar note, I just discovered that the Steam version of Culpa Innata is in all likelihood a censored version, and out of my cart it goes. I probably wouldn't have even ever noticed it, but I refuse to pay any price for a stripped down game.

What is censored about Culpa Innata? I've been eyeing that one, but I don't want to wind up with a gimped version.

PolloDiablo on
  • Alchemist449Alchemist449 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fucking THQ pack.

Alchemist449 on
    edited July 2010
    Also I meant to post that in chat, oops.

Tamin on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The damage:

THQ Pack
    Puzzle Kingdoms
    Thief: Deadly Shadows
    Introversion Pack
    XCOM Pack
    Cryostasis
    Lead and Gold
    Beat Hazard

The amount of stuff in the THQ pack is just outrageous. I'm still finding stuff in my games list I had no idea was in there.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Can I get an invite to the Penny Arcade group?

I escaped the sale with minimal damage to my bank account. I bought:

Overlord Complete Pack
    Trine
    Red Faction Guerrilla
    Borderlands

Total: $23.69

Now that I think about it I probably should have bought Shatter. D:

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Can I get an invite to the Penny Arcade group?

I escaped the sale with minimal damage to my bank account. I bought:

Overlord Complete Pack
    Trine
    Red Faction Guerrilla
    Borderlands

Total: $23.69

Now that I think about it I probably should have bought Shatter. D:

Those Borderlands expansions are on sale, too. The Moxxi one is a stinker but the others are worthy of their $3 price tags.

emnmnme on
  • HeliosHelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Let's see... I think I could have gotten away from this past week with less but lurking this thread has, I can honestly say, cost me some ducats (that I was not altogether reluctant to part with, admittedly).

Overlord Complete Pack
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Civ IV Collection
    Osmos
    Puzzle Kingdoms
    Borderlands and DLC
    Beat Hazard
    Bioshock 2

To a grand total of $71.71.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't undertaken this calculation. And this doesn't even count the 5850 I decided to pick up so I can play these games at pretty settings.

Helios on
    Who is driving?
    Oh my god, bear is driving!
    edited July 2010
    If anyone is starting a L4D2 4-pack, I'd appreciate being informed; one of my friends missed the last sale by a couple of hours.

Tamin on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So if someone in Australia where Borderlands is on sale for $27 signs into my account and uses their own credit card to buy it for $10 and gift it to their account should that work?

Xeddicus on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    So if someone in Australia where Borderlands is on sale for $27 signs into my account and uses their own credit card to buy it for $10 and gift it to their account should that work?

Steam charges you based on which country you are in, and also blocks purchases when you are not in the correct country for your account.

LewieP on
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Those Borderlands expansions are on sale, too. The Moxxi one is a stinker but the others are worthy of their $3 price tags.

But only Knoxx is DRM free.

That's what stopped me from getting Zombie Island. :?

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Glad to see that I am not the only one who dropped cash on a new video card during this sale.

projectmayhem on
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So despite being able to make lots of purchases all throughout the length of sale, I wake up this morning and Steam now reports that both my credit cards are being declined.

In reality some fuckup in their backend has flagged my account as fraudulent, meaning I cannot purchase anything on it til they fix it. There's a big 11 page thread in their help forums about it. The last big day of a fucking sale is a bad time for them to fuck this up. Christ.

Entriech on
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is Second Sight worth $3.39?

Dirty on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Entriech wrote: »
    So despite being able to make lots of purchases all throughout the length of sale, I wake up this morning and Steam now reports that both my credit cards are being declined.

In reality some fuckup in their backend has flagged my account as fraudulent, meaning I cannot purchase anything on it til they fix it. There's a big 11 page thread in their help forums about it. The last big day of a fucking sale is a bad time for them to fuck this up. Christ.

Would that Bill Me Later option in PayPal work in that case? It seems like a scam but I've been curious about it.

emnmnme on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    LewieP wrote: »

Steam charges you based on which country you are in, and also blocks purchases when you are not in the correct country for your account.

So I could sign in from the USA and use their CC info and that'll work? We just figured one of us is giving the other info, and we care much less about Steam info. Or they could stop dicking over Oz.

Xeddicus on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    LewieP wrote: »

So I could sign in from the USA and use their CC info and that'll work? We just figured one of us is giving the other info, and we care much less about Steam info. Or they could stop dicking over Oz.

Why not just send the money through paypal?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, I forgot how fucking polished Thief 3 is, I haven't played it in years.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • SamuelsonSamuelson Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Well depending on what you're purchasing, I'm sure we'll be willing to help out.

Samuelson on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Glad to see that I am not the only one who dropped cash on a new video card during this sale.

I've been thinking hard about it, but ultimately I think I'd have to go as far as also getting a new power supply. I picked one that paired with my current video card well but didn't provide much more power than was essential. Replacing the power supply means I'd have to remove my CPU's heatsink, and from then it's just enough effort that I might as well just wait another year and put together a complete new system.

Dehumanized on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tamin wrote: »
    If anyone is starting a L4D2 4-pack, I'd appreciate being informed; one of my friends missed the last sale by a couple of hours.

I'm considering heavily about taking part in this

Rent on
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All this talk of people buying commando's makes me want to make a thread about it, and all it's glory.

Probably one of my top 10 Coop games.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Samuelson wrote: »

Well depending on what you're purchasing, I'm sure we'll be willing to help out.
    I appreciate the sentiment, but honestly if they can't manage to make it so I can give them money, I'm not giving them any more money. Plus it was only small things here and there I was going to bother with, and my backlog is silly now, so if I don't get it done, no biggie. Just pissed that they show such a deceptive message.

I'm almost more angry about having to call my card company only to hear "Nope, we're not seeing any transactions from them since yesterday."

Entriech on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Man, I forgot how fucking polished Thief 3 is, I haven't played it in years.

I keep being tempted by Thief 3 up until I realize how much I hate stealth games.

Lawndart on
  • SamuelsonSamuelson Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I appreciate the sentiment, but honestly if they can't manage to make it so I can give them money, I'm not giving them any more money. Plus it was only small things here and there I was going to bother with, and my backlog is silly now, so if I don't get it done, no biggie. Just pissed that they show such a deceptive message.

I'm almost more angry about having to call my card company only to hear "Nope, we're not seeing any transactions from them since yesterday."

Ok, sweet. Dammnit:

- Killing Floor and a few copies for friends
    OR
    - Mount and Blade Warband
    OR
    - Civ IV and Killing floor
    OR
    - The Witcher

Which should I go with?

Samuelson on
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is there any way to see what games I've bought/been gifted recently? I had to proxy buy through a friend due to some paypal issues and I've already forgotten half of what I got.

Jintor on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Jintor wrote: »
    Is there any way to see what games I've bought/been gifted recently? I had to proxy buy through a friend due to some paypal issues and I've already forgotten half of what I got.

Account settings, top right hand corner, by minimize

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZomboyZomboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Tried gifting stuff from a different (new) account to an e-mail address? Might want to wait for them to get their stuff all figured out before claiming the gifts on your real account but you'd have gotten the sale price on whatever you'd wanted. Using a different card and maybe even having a different IP might help as well. Kind of stupid you have to actually fight to give them your money, but it just depends on how much you want the games at this point.

Zomboy on
    steam_sig.png
  • AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Ok, sweet. Dammnit:

- Killing Floor and a few copies for friends
    OR
    - Mount and Blade Warband
    OR
    - Civ IV and Killing floor

Which should I go with?

Well. I have Killing Floor and while its fun with friends,i got bored of it pretty quick. I just got M&B Warband,and its pretty awesome. Basically a better m&b with multiplayer. Civ IV is always great. I hope that i helped somehow :?

AdditionalPylons on
This discussion has been closed.