As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Dawn of The Final Day -24 Hours Remain-

1555657585961»

• LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Isn't the price for L4D2 when bought in a 4 pack less than the cost of the DLC on the 360 version?

LewieP on
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    Jintor wrote: »
    Is there any way to see what games I've bought/been gifted recently? I had to proxy buy through a friend due to some paypal issues and I've already forgotten half of what I got.

Account settings, top right hand corner, by minimize

Dankeshen!

Let's see...

Just Cause 2 + DLC Fullpack
    Saints Row 2
    Beat Hazard
    X-Com Complete Pack
    Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack
    Serious Sam HD Pack
    Grand Theft Auto: Episode from Liberty City
    Introversion Pack

Not too bad... I'll calculate prices later, since half of them were gifted.

Jintor on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They're still planning on bringing L4D2 to the mac with steamplay? I'm tempted to buy it, but I probably won't play it much at all on my fiance's PC, but I'd probably play a ton when I can on my mac.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BTW, for those who just bought Thief3:

Make sure that you install the Widescreen Mod and the FOV mod here (though I can't figure out how to get T3Tweak to work with Steam) and John P.'s high res texture pack here.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All this talk of people buying commando's makes me want to make a thread about it, and all it's glory.

Probably one of my top 10 Coop games.

Nobody buy Commandos on Steam. Buy it on GOG so it works. This is very important.

PolloDiablo on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They're still planning on bringing L4D2 to the mac with steamplay? I'm tempted to buy it, but I probably won't play it much at all on my fiance's PC, but I'd probably play a ton when I can on my mac.

All valve games will eventually get mac compatibility, for sures.

Dehumanized on
  • powersurgepowersurge Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Argh! Not only has my console backlog gotten huge (thanks to WoW and multiplayer shooters) now my PC back log is growing as well? Damn you steam! Your all a bunch of pirates! You got the loot Gabe! (Pirates of Silicon Valley)

Summer Sale damage:

Bad Company 2 (Double dipped at that due to 360 version... many many hours of play though)
    Dark Void Zero (Gettin my Retro on)
    Lead and Gold (hell of a lot of fun)
    L4D2 (I already had the 1st one I couldn't resist I'm WEAK)
    PB Winterbottom (I hear this is great)
    RE5 (Never been a huge fan of the series so I'm a little lost on the story)
    Trine ($4 and it looks amazing)
    Tales of Monkey Island Pack (thought about getting the Uber pack with all the Sam and Max games but I resisted due to backlog and the fact that Pirates > Rabbits)

This is why I love steam though. For the price of one brand new console game I got a haul of great pc games. Only minor annoyance is the servers are being flooded right now and I can't seem to install my latest game.

powersurge on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure I can pass up the THQ pack. 50 bucks for all that is just rigoddamneddiculous.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    OK. Let's see.

Alpha Protocol
    Flotilla
    Civ IV pack
    Commandos pack
    DoD Source
    Guild 2
    Dragon Age Awakening
    Metro 2033
    PB Winterbottom
    Shatter
    Mount and Blade: Warband
    Saints Row 2
    Sam and Max season 3
    Thief Deadly Shadows
    Tropico 3
    The Void
    Borderlands DLC (Knoxx and Zombie island)

Man... steam really got me good this time around. No way am I tallying up the actual money spent there. TOO MUCH, will suffice.

-SPI- on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sales bounty boils down to:
    Serious Sam HD Double Pack - $7.50
    The Guild II: Pirates of the European Seas - $3.75
    All the Just Cause 2 DLC - $4.43
    Dawn of Discovery Gold - $20.09
    Mount & Blade: Warband - $14.99
    Introversion Complete Pack - $5.00

Comes out to $55.76. Wish Ubisoft had more than a 33% discount so I could fit Trackmania somewhere in there.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • DockenDocken Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    If anyone is starting a L4D2 4-pack, I'd appreciate being informed; one of my friends missed the last sale by a couple of hours.

I'm considering heavily about taking part in this

Would really love to take part in this too!!! Let me know PM details etc if it goes down...

Docken on
  • cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would like to again highly recommend Men of War. Even though the name sounds generic and the voice-overs in the game are shit, its really an incredible game. I liked it so much that I bought it as gifts for three of my friends. Its only $4!! Get it quickly!

cpugeek13 on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Make sure that you install the Widescreen Mod and the FOV mod here (though I can't figure out how to get T3Tweak to work with Steam) and John P.'s high res texture pack here.

raiden you are too excellent you know that right

where do you install the files at

Rent on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cryostasis is a must have for everybody at £2.49. The Max Payne bundle is also at that price and Thief 3 is around the "4 mark I believe. Also look into the Chrome pack. I picked it up and despite not having checked it out yet, lots of people have been posting about how incredible it is for a such a cheap shooter.

Ultimately, if you get one more thing make it the Penumbra pack. Really atmospheric and scary and the control scheme is fantastically clever.

Big Classy on
    edited July 2010
    Docken wrote: »
    If anyone is starting a L4D2 4-pack, I'd appreciate being informed; one of my friends missed the last sale by a couple of hours.

Would really love to take part in this too!!! Let me know PM details etc if it goes down...

Okay, I'm more than likely going to buy the four-pack. esp since it's only 30 bucks

Rent on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Puzzle Kingdoms
    Helios wrote: »
    Puzzle Kingdoms
    Well, at least I'm not the only one that fell into that particular trap.

Monger on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can't say no to something that is a dollar. That one dollar blowjob has actually cost me so much in paying for medical bills though.

Couscous on
  • DockenDocken Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Okay, I'm more than likely going to buy the four-pack. esp since it's only 30 bucks

Ok great - happy to pay in whatever method you want, just let me know through PM!

Docken on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

raiden you are too excellent you know that right

where do you install the files at

I installed mine to Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/common/thief deadly shadows

For the Widescreen ones, I think you have to put them in the "System" folder there.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All this talk of people buying commando's makes me want to make a thread about it, and all it's glory.

Nobody buy Commandos on Steam. Buy it on GOG so it works. This is very important.

Whats the story with this? Doesn't work on Steam?

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
    edited July 2010

I think it's more a case of GOG.com updating the games to run better with newer OS'. I've yet to hear of people having trouble on steam though.

edit: checked the forums and apparently you just have to set the .exe's to XP compatibility and all is good.

Big Classy on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

By my counting, I see only 3 names attached to this 4-pack.

If there is still an available spot, I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a copy of L4D2 today.

Doctor Detroit on
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »

I think it's more a case of GOG.com updating the games to run better with newer OS'. I've yet to hear of people having trouble on steam though.

edit: checked the forums and apparently you just have to set the .exe's to XP compatibility and all is good.

Awesome tip thanks, I'm going to rally with a friend + vent tonight. Can't wait.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Introversion Complete Pack - Summer 2010 - cheap, several games, if I enjoy one of them it's worth it.

Jagged Alliance 2 / Disciples II Gold Combo - wanted since christmas, I'm not waiting anymore for a lower price, and $10.xx is pretty good anyway. hope these games live up to my excitement.

King's Bounty: Gold Edition - the price swayed me on this as well as the G&T thread. I keep thinking to myself that I want a strategy game and somehow overlook this genre and think about rts and something like civ where as I much prefer something like a srpg.

The Void (ND) - already started this, loving it. It was my big regret from the christmas sale, not jumping on it, so I made up for that!

Zeno Clash - I don't even remember buying this. I probably saw some positive posts (I hope) and just went for it

Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 - honestly just to have

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition - owned and played it way back, haven't had the disc for years and the price was amazing.

Fortix - 100% blind buy, just wanted something dumb/simple to play. this was a little simpler than I thought I was getting but I can't really call it bad... sort of pointless but it's small and basic so it has its place.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My brother says the Scourge Project is pretty good. Any opinons?

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    Zeno Clash - I don't even remember buying this. I probably saw some positive posts (I hope) and just went for it

Zeno Clash is well worth the $4 it went for just for the weirdness.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh man, should I just start the new thread now? I'm about to head to bed, and won't see it hit 100.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited July 2010
    No worries.
    Also, I just bought Borderlands. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME!?

Big Classy on
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm taking the thread back:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=15607483

NEW THREAD

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My only purchase of this sale was Prototype, and that's only because I got someone to gift me it. I had no money in my paypal account.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
    edited July 2010

By my counting, I see only 3 names attached to this 4-pack.

If there is still an available spot, I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a copy of L4D2 today.

Okies, I'm buying it, pm me your email accounts guys

Rent on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My list (small though it may be):

-Ghost Master: Great game, especially for a freaking $1
    -Aliens vs Predator Classic: Bought this due to the cheap price. What little I've played (Marine campaign) I haven't liked mainly because I'm completely lost the whole time and can't see anything without using night vision. Maybe the Alien and Predator campaigns are better?
    -Audiosurf: Actually amazed at how good this game is. Best $2.50 I've ever spent :P
    -X-COM Complete Pack: Already had the first one but I really wanted to get Terror from the Deep. Figured for an extra buck I might as well get all of them (besides I was vaguely curious about Apocolypse). Amazingly it feels weird because my other copy runs slightly fast during the battles, and this doesn't. Now I can't get used to the slow speed :D Also, I hate sprite smoothing. Don't know why everyone insists on using it in their emulation software. Had to go in and edit the DOSbox config files to turn that garbage off. Why is everyone afraid of pixels? Pixels never hurt you!

And that's it. The Witcher would have been on that list if the company wasn't a bunch of jerks who forced Valve to unexpectedly raise the price :( Ah well, it will be on sale again I'm sure. A few of the other titles were good deals but I already had the games!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pixelated looks better. Pixel smoothing makes it look like someone poured Vaseline on the screen.

Couscous on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2010
    You're not supposed to be able to see anything in AvP. You're supposed to be terrified and then die.

Tube on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Samm1ch wrote: »
    Kelor wrote: »
    I booted up Gothic 2, went to walk to the top of the tower you start in and it just turned into a total slideshow.

I'm not sure if it's because of the fire from the torches or all the trees below it was trying to render.

There's an issue with Gothic 2 and nvidia cards running in Win7 (and likely Vista) where any outdoor area becomes a slideshow and then crashes the game. This post has step-by-step instructions for a workaround. Unfortunately, the link in step 3 is busted; use the link in this post instead.

Hope this helps.

I am very late with this, but thank you so much. I will test this out immediately.

Kelor on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You're not supposed to be able to see anything in AvP. You're supposed to be terrified and then die.

But it's not scary. It's just annoying. It might be scary if they didn't give you crazy bright night vision mode...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • LogicowLogicow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Here we have a bandwidth cap of 30gb upload/download per month combined, but busting that limit can only cost up to $50 extra per month. And we're past that.

So I'm downloading:
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Civilisation IV and all of its expansions
    Trine
    Defense Grid
    Sacraboar
    King's Bounty

I actually got the Left4Dead 2 four pack so I can invite friends over and have a zombie evening.

And then stuff that I already had but didn't download on this computer yet, such as a Windows 7 ISO from my university and Titan Quest. Just because I can.

Logicow on
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
This discussion has been closed.