As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect Thread: LegionOverlordEDI3way.txt

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love this game so much

I keep trying to play other games, and then I end up putting the ME2 disk back in after half an hour. Please send help

Didgeridoo on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    biotics is space magic. it does stuff with gravity.

Mordin is awesome, Jacob is pretty awesome too.

Melding on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    wtf is this biotics and warp and i mean what i dont even

Biotics are totally-not-psychic powers that are in the Mass Effect universe.

Element Zero is the cool sci-fi thing that allows faster-than-light travel and all other sorts of technological marvels to exist. But if pregnant women get exposured to Eezo (as it's called) can cause biotic abilities to manifest in the children. For humans, anyway. Other species can have biotics occur naturally, at high (Asari) or low (Krogen) rates.

As far as Warp specifically, Warp is amazing. Warp eats through Barriers and Armor like no one's business. Overload and Warp are why Miranda is useful despite being a gigantic tool.

DarkPrimus on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    I'm wondering why they didn't do a Dragon Age and had the helmet come off during conversations

that's, like, half the reason I don't use most of the headgear

Because then you wouldn't have the comedy of DEATH MASK

DEATH MASK increases your negotiation skills.

cause no Batarians can't read my can't read my can't read my POKER FACE:whistle:

Batarians can't read my face because I shot their face off.

Hunter on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    picking engy the first time around, on hard, might not have been the best idea though

ronzo on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I'm wondering why they didn't do a Dragon Age and had the helmet come off during conversations

Because then you wouldn't have the comedy of DEATH MASK

DEATH MASK increases your negotiation skills.

cause no Batarians can't read my can't read my can't read my POKER FACE:whistle:

Batarians can't read my face because I shot their face off.

i think you have the better negotiations talent here.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That helmet seems okay!

But I also have a bizarre liking for that neon-blue Mars Attacks helmet so,

Seriously on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    god I hate this fucking recruit the krogan level on hard argghh fuck this

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i like the ghost in the shelll style helmet there

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    edited July 2010

What class are you and who are your squadmates.

DarkPrimus on
    edited July 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Vanguard, Garrus, Jack

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Vanguard, Garrus, Jack

Should have Garrus and Zaeed

Or Garrus and Mordin.

Sniper + Sniper fucks Krogan faces.

So does Sniper + Incinerate.

Buttcleft on
    edited July 2010

Vanguard, Garrus, Jack

You should have taken Zaeed for Disruptor Ammo + Inferno Grenade or Miranda for Overload + Warp instead of Jack.

If you're Vanguarding, then I can only hope you've got Heavy Charge and Vanguard upgraded all the way for the lowered cooldowns.

DarkPrimus on
    edited July 2010
    I have no idea what a Zaeed is (yet)

also, I've gotten through most of the krogan themselves okay, it's just all these fucking blue suns with their fucking heavy weapons fuck you guys

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited July 2010
    I have no idea what a Zaeed is (yet)

You used your Cerberus Network code, right?

DarkPrimus on
    edited July 2010
    Currently renting the game, so no

also, who do I take on the mission to the colony with Ashley on it

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Because you want to dip your dick in Ashley one more time.

Hunter on
    edited July 2010
    N-no

you don't know me

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I'm a sniper, so I use that awesome eyepiece.

I can't imagine what I'm going to do for my cutscenes when I finish my Biotic Playthrough.

Probably play without headgear.

sarukun on
    edited July 2010
    sarukun wrote: »

I can't imagine what I'm going to do for my cutscenes when I finish my Biotic Playthrough.

I prefered the recon hood on my sniper
    recon_hood-01-p.jpg

Hunter on
    edited July 2010

I prefered the recon hood on my sniper
    recon_hood-01-p.jpg

while that does look cooler, it has the same problem in cut-scenes.

sarukun on
    edited July 2010
    No, I'm a ninja. It's cool.

Hunter on
    edited July 2010
    You look more like some kind of weird mantis-creature.

sarukun on
    edited July 2010
    You're just jealous because all the space bitches are on my junk.

Hunter on
    edited July 2010
    Well, my first play through was a fem Shepard, and if there was a shot at lesbian shenanigans with someone other than Jack this time around, I missed it, so I guess you win this round.

sarukun on
    edited July 2010
    Well, my first play through was a fem Shepard, and if there was a shot at lesbian shenanigans with someone other than Jack this time around, I missed it, so I guess you win this round.

You can get with the red head assistant chick with either sex too.

Hunter on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Your only options for that are Kelly and Mornith, if I remember correctly, and neither are really as fleshed out as the non-lady on lady options
    that and mornith kills you right there

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    edited July 2010

Oh, right, but she came on way too strong, and also she's not one of the most efficient death dealers in the Galaxy, so not really my type.

I'm playing my male Shepard as a total skeeze bag, though, so I'll get around to it.

sarukun on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Oh, right, but she came on way too strong, and also she's not one of the most efficient death dealers in the Galaxy, so not really my type.

I'm playing my male Shepard as a total skeeze bag, though, so I'll get around to it.

you should totally get around to Morinth.
    you won't get to anything else afterwards D:

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

you should totally get around to Morinth.
    you won't get to anything else afterwards D:

She'll give you mindsex that's to
    die for.

Orca on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like Morinth

a classy lady sitting around with her no problems that need solving and always telling me how cool I am, it's refreshing.

Seriously on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seriously wrote: »
    I like Morinth

a classy lady sitting around with her no problems that need solving and always telling me how cool I am, it's refreshing.

She's kills people with mindsex.

She's got issues.

Her mum is much better. All she did was chill out and meditate. We'd have the odd chat about stuff. It was cool. And she was straight with me. She said if i made her do anything that broke her code she'd have to kill me after the mission was over.

Of course that would never happen, if i was any more paragon i would be spectre jesus.

Karl on
    edited July 2010
    Karl wrote: »
    Seriously wrote: »
    I like Morinth

She's kills people with mindsex.

She's got issues.

Her mum is much better. All she did was chill out and meditate. We'd have the odd chat about stuff. It was cool. And she was straight with me. She said if i made her do anything that broke her code she'd have to kill me after the mission was over.

Of course that would never happen, if i was any more paragon i would be spectre jesus.

Even spectre Jesus needs his mind-rape murdering Mary Magdalene by his side.

Hunter on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So is Overlord good?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    edited July 2010
    So is Overlord good?

It's got some beautiful skyboxes, great atmosphere, and good mission pacing. For the most part, the Hammerhead is used well and a few of the platforming sections had me jawdrop in wonder. The overall mission had some twists I didn't see coming, which is always good. Shepard's lines are also wonderfully genre savvy.

The only downside is that while there is Shepard-speech, your teammates are all silent. I understand it costs money to bring the actors and actresses back into the studio, but their one-off lines add to the experience...ah well.

No new items; just one well-executed 2 hour long mission. Just the way I like it.

Orca on
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    So is Overlord good?

It's got some beautiful skyboxes, great atmosphere, and good mission pacing. For the most part, the Hammerhead is used well and a few of the platforming sections had me jawdrop in wonder. The overall mission had some twists I didn't see coming, which is always good. Shepard's lines are also wonderfully genre savvy.

The only downside is that while there is Shepard-speech, your teammates are all silent. I understand it costs money to bring the actors and actresses back into the studio, but their one-off lines add to the experience...ah well.

No new items; just one well-executed 2 hour long mission. Just the way I like it.

Yeah, this is the problem with DLC - we could bring the followers back, but it would be an unreasonable amount of money for just a few lines. If we ever did DLC focused on a specific follower, that would be different, but for stuff like Overlord, the cost/benefit isn't worth it.

I do sympathize, though! Everyone feels so unnaturally silent. I feel like I did something to piss them all off. Maybe it was spinning the Normandy in tiny circles.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    vsove wrote: »
    So is Overlord good?

Yeah, this is the problem with DLC - we could bring the followers back, but it would be an unreasonable amount of money for just a few lines. If we ever did DLC focused on a specific follower, that would be different, but for stuff like Overlord, the cost/benefit isn't worth it.

I do sympathize, though! Everyone feels so unnaturally silent. I feel like I did something to piss them all off. Maybe it was spinning the Normandy in tiny circles.

you gotta find all the minerals, man

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    edited July 2010
    So is Overlord good?

Maybe they found out the source of that scale itch.

And it wasn't Kelly. D:

Orca on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    While spinning the Normandy in circles I always wanted to suddenly hear Shep scream, "JOKER!" "....sorry, captain."

DrZiplock on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So is Overlord good?

i'd be behind a DLC focussing on just shepard or shepard and a specific character, like kasumi.

Nuzak on