As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect Thread: LegionOverlordEDI3way.txt

• eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    so like..... fuck these heavily armoured mechs in the space prison?.... what beats armour? overload the shield then.... i dunno?

i use the scientist and archangel whats his name

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll have to download this once I'm back at my apartment.

Wallhitter on
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    so like..... fuck these heavily armoured mechs in the space prison?.... what beats armour? overload the shield then.... i dunno?

i use the scientist and archangel whats his name

Fire does extra damage to armor. So use Mordin's incinerate ability, as well as inferno ammo, if you have it.

Also, Heavy Weapons. Use whatever HW you have.

Vargas Prime on
  • eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    yeah i only play games on hard. i figure im going to be too bored on normal and not gonna wanna bother when i beat it on normal to play it again so... there ya go

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    archangel whats his name

I know you like to be intentionally grating but this makes me hate you

ZeroFill on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think Warp does decent damage to Armor also

Speed Racer on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Reave eats up armor.

Seriously on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seriously wrote: »
    Reave eats up armor.

He's on a first playthrough and if he's doing the prison ship he most likely doesn't even have access to Samara yet.

Speed Racer on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    yeah i only play games on hard. i figure im going to be too bored on normal and not gonna wanna bother when i beat it on normal to play it again so... there ya go

normally, i would agree with this stance, but since biotic powers are affected by armor, its much more fun to just roll though your first playthrough being a death machine, then pick on of the combat classes for the insanity run that has you dying every few seconds

Also the new armor makes the shepard punch insane

ronzo on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seriously wrote: »
    Reave eats up armor.

He's on a first playthrough and if he's doing the prison ship he most likely doesn't even have access to Samara yet.

All bad decisions how can I be expected to account for bad decisions

Seriously on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This is probably a stupid question but is it possible as a fem-Shep to dissuade Kaiden from seeking romance in ME1 in a way that will still allow me to talk to him about his past?

Owenashi on
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, I mean you can lead him on and then turn him down later

But other than that no, I don't think so. It's either learn about his past as a prelude to Kaidensex, or keep it strictly professional

Didgeridoo on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    thank you bogey

I thought this thread was dead and gone

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    kasumi's an absurdly broken character and she's pretty cool to boot

i'd love to see her back, but as a DLC character you know she'll be reserved for the sidelines of the sidelines

Nuzak on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    kasumi's an absurdly broken character and she's pretty cool to boot

i'd love to see her back, but as a DLC character you know she'll be reserved for the sidelines of the sidelines

BioWare can surely figure out a way to get her in as a main character for ME3. maybe explain that Shep met her inbetween games if you didn't get the DLC.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU, BIOWARE PA FORUMERS.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    edited July 2010
    honestly I'd like Kasumi to have a legitimate set of dialogue options

I also want to bang kelly

and I already talked to Tali after her trial and she got all flustered

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I want to bang the Normandy, personally

just get in a space suit and lay it into her

I'm well familiar with the... inside contours

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited July 2010
    Oh man, the DLC where you go plant the relic on the Normandy crash site and find navigator pressly's logs was pretty touching

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • _Mattman__Mattman_ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Could you ever have a romance plot with Kelly? I got pretty flirty, but it happened to be on my suicide run. So I died.

_Mattman_ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    _Mattman_ wrote: »
    Could you ever have a romance plot with Kelly? I got pretty flirty, but it happened to be on my suicide run. So I died.

from what I have read if you decide to save her she sleeps with you

[edit] ps when the fuck do I get Legion?

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You can bang Kelly, it's cool.

Also, seconded for making Kasumi a heavily used character in ME3.

She's got her problems, but she's dealt with them. She's funny and pleasant to be around. The only other characters I like as much are my bros Garrus and Tali. Grunt's funny but he's a serious sociopath. Jack is wack. Miranda works ok as a femme fatale, but she's not someone I want to go hang out and drink with like my bros. Jacob is ok, but he isn't funny the way Garrus, Tali, or Kasumi are. I could go on...

tl;dr: BIOWARE WE NEED MORE KASUMI!

edit: apparently I was really emphatic and said stuff twice.

Orca on
  • _Mattman__Mattman_ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fandyien wrote: »
    _Mattman_ wrote: »

from what I have read if you decide to save her she sleeps with you

[edit] ps when the fuck do I get Legion?

After the Reaper IFF mission I think.

_Mattman_ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Oh man, the DLC where you go plant the relic on the Normandy crash site and find navigator pressly's logs was pretty touching

I loved the atmosphere, the little details, and the flashbacks in that one. No combat, no allies, just you, a crashed ship, and the sense of mourning for your lost comrades.

My only complaint is that the hunting for dog-tags bit turned it into a game and sort of trivialized it, despite Bioware giving names to each of them.

Still, wonderfully executed.

Orca on
    edited July 2010
    I have no idea how complicated this would be since I'm not a game making guy

but if they really wanted Kasumi back, couldn't they just check to see if you bought the DLC, and then if you did they do a short bit where you're happy to see each other again or whatever, but if you didn't it loads a cutscene where she introduces herself?

I haven't actually bought the Kasumi DLC so I dunno if that's a practical solution given her character or not

Speed Racer on
    edited July 2010
    If they decided to do it (and honestly there isn't a good reason for her to stick around, which makes me think it's kind of unlikely despite my fervent desire to see her in ME3), they could treat her the same way they do Garrus; a simple check and then maybe one line difference in recruitment. And then another check for whatever that info is that you grabbed (assuming you recruited her).

Orca on
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I loves me some Kasumi, but from a story standpoint does she really have that much of a reason to stick around? She was paid to help you complete a mission, and that mission has been completed. Same for Zaeed really, and to a lesser extent Samara.

Going to be interesting to see who (if anyone) gets the boot for ME3.

Didgeridoo on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well both Kasumi and Zaeed were paid to help you with your mission the entire way through.

Cilla Black on
    edited July 2010
    Well both Kasumi and Zaeed were paid to help you with your mission the entire way through.

Mission, unfortunately, accomplished. And
    Shepard told TIM to fuck off if you blew the station, so it's not like there's more pay coming down the pike to keep any of the hirees on board.

But I still want to see Kasumi around. :|

Orca on
    edited July 2010
    Overload had an absolutely fantastic story but I fucking hated the hammerhead part

Except for "Analysis: Defenseless herbivores no match for guided missiles."

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Again I haven't played the Kasumi stuff

but presumably her loyalty mission results in the two of you becoming friends like all the other ones?

Speed Racer on
    edited July 2010
    Again I haven't played the Kasumi stuff

but presumably her loyalty mission results in the two of you becoming friends like all the other ones?

Not really, no

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    I loves me some Kasumi, but from a story standpoint does she really have that much of a reason to stick around? She was paid to help you complete a mission, and that mission has been completed. Same for Zaeed really, and to a lesser extent Samara.

those three are probably gone

and then there are the two who probably die between games due to short life span/illness

satansfingers on
    edited July 2010
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

those three are probably gone

and then there are the two who probably die between games due to short life span/illness

i honestly won't miss any of them

I like
    Thane and stuff, but after his mission he just stops being fun

I picked up Legion yesterday, broke up the fight between it and Tali, boned Tali, and went through the omega 4 relay to save my crew

GONNA BONE KELLY NOW

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited July 2010
    I figure it's even odds that ME3 will have a mission on the hanar world and as a side-thing
    You can go see Thane one last time on his deathbed

I mean the guy is a potential love interest I doubt they'll have him already dead and buried in 3.

Speed Racer on
    edited July 2010
    I figure it's even odds that ME3 will have a mission on the hanar world and as a side-thing
    You can go see Thane one last time on this deathbed

Oh my God

I would love to see the Hanar in their natural environment on their home planet

Thanes description of it made me salivate at the potential radness

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited July 2010
    I thought the Hanar world was almost all water with a few spots of land where the Drell live

Speed Racer on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I want Shepard, in ME3, to be leading the galaxy's Spectres in the final assault.

with Blasto as his second in command.

Each Spectre assigned group of ally ships to oversee command and control and to issue Shepards orders.

Buttcleft on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man I hope there's a vorcha team mate

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    edited July 2010
    I thought the Hanar world was almost all water with a few spots of land where the Drell live

It is

Though by my interpretation the Drell spend lots of time underwater because the Hanar live primarily in the depths of the sea like huge sentient octopi

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited July 2010

It is

Though by my interpretation the Drell spend lots of time underwater because the Hanar live primarily in the depths of the sea like huge sentient octopi

Uh

You do remember what Thane's illness is caused by right

Speed Racer on