As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SCP] ECHELON TEAM

1272829303133»

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Plum figures he'll try to spot something too. After all, a professor should know what a real jungle would look like.

Book Smarts 5:19

BugBoy on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Michel is going to use his knowledge of nature to see if anything is a little off.

Biology 3: 12

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "I've got a butter knife, but it's not gonna be able to do much to trees. We could just shoot the trees to mark our path."

Straightzi on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    Miles continues squinting, hoping to see something.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Miles and crew:
    As Miles lean forward and squint into the depths of the shadow, he's suddenly pulled back by Mason. "Look the fuck out!" he hisses as the circle of light shrinks by a half-foot. As Miles falls backwards, his hand accidentally brushes the darkness and he cries out, clutching it to his chest. Carb grabbed his hand roughly to take a look at it and recoiled from it.

It was freezing cold. It gradually warmed, but Miles grimaced as feeling returned to it.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Miles blows into his hand.

"What the fuck. I don't even."

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Miles blows into his hand.

"What the fuck. I don't even."

Trio looks down at miles, looks in a semi-circle at the perimeter of light encasing the group from the cold outer darkness, and then looks back miles.

"So, we're trapped..."

"awesome"

Felix sticks the handle of his flashlight halfway into the darkness, to test if it affects objects as well as people.

Fedora on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Carb is deeply disturbed but does his best not to show it.

"It's times like this I wish I knew more about endothermic phenomena and less about making punk kids shit themselves."

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Fedora wrote: »

Trio looks down at miles, looks in a semi-circle at the perimeter of light encasing the group from the cold outer darkness, and then looks back miles.

"So, we're trapped..."

"awesome"

Felix sticks the handle of his flashlight halfway into the darkness, to test if it affects objects as well as people.
    It doesn't seem like it's particularly affected, but as you draw it back, you notice a thin layer of frost crackling along the bottom of the handle. You can feel the cold emanating from the metal.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Miles cranes his head to look at Trio.

"Got any ideas? I don't know what the fuck."

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Hmm, alright. Miles this is important, your hand went cold instantly right?"

Felix tries to replay the EMT course covering frostbite in his head, trying to remember just how much cold the human body can withstand and for how long.

"Did you completely lose sensation or did it feel like your hand was slowly going numb from cold?"

Felix tries to figure out just how cold the surrounding perimeter is.

EMT training 2: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2580609/ (6)

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "It was instantaneous. I don't think I'd last more than two feet. Maybe if you threw me through, but then I'd probably black out."

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nothing keeps a good man down. Not even parties on the 4th. We're back, people.

Miles and crew:
    You take another step back as the circle shrinks yet again. The ten of you are crushed into the tiny space afforded by the rapidly shrinking spot of light. You hold your breath and know that in another few seconds, people are going to start losing digits. Suddenly, a bright flare of light from outside the circle blinds you. "Hey, you! Follow me!" a voice cries from the light. A beam of light flickers on and creates a "path" of light that leads away from the circle. You look at each other. It may be a trick, but anything is better than getting frozen to death.

Katy Perry and misc.:
    As you explore the clearing, you stumble upon a wild variety of plants. This place is unlike any you've ever seen before: although all of the flora is clearly from, or at least related to, things you've seen on Earth, it's far more vivid and colorful than it. But as the minutes wear on, the relentless heat from the sun above yu begins to take its toll. Your uniforms are soaked through with sweat and no matter what little patch of shade you recline in, you can't seem to escape the oppressively humid warmth. After a while, all of your eyes longingly rest upon the mouth of a cool, dark path deeper into the jungle.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "Oh god, whose idea was it to come in here. I vote we go back to our rooms and shower until we stop sweating."Alicia wipes the sweat from her brow for what seems like the millionth time, clearly not enjoying the heat.

Melding on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Plum is scowling, half from the heat, half from annoyance.

"This utterly defies all logic and reason. Sentient computers, jungles in the middle of a building, what's next?"

He sighs.

"Oh well. I have no doubts that this is some sort of trap, but I simply cannot think of anything to do but press onwards. Shall we, ladies and gentlemen?"

BugBoy on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "Murder that bitch who tried to burn me to death, then go back to shower."

Perry marches forward, gun drawn, onto the path.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "I couldn't put in any better myself. Oh, and let's not get ourselves killed."

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "Don't tell me I have to take point."

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    "Don't tell me I have to take point."

Felix carefully weighs his options, before nodding his head over in Carb's direction. Mr. Trio is a not a brave man, nor spiritual in any capacity. His next actions should not be misconstrued as acts of faith nor extreme bravery.

"Screw you guys, i'm getting out of the death circle."

Women, children, and terrible bastards first, he thinks to himself.

Felix leaps towards the light path like the last man on the titanic towards a life raft.

yay, SCP is back.

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The Good Doctors and Companions:
    The five of you creep into the shadowy corridor formed by the thick canopy of branches above your head. It's significantly dimmer in here and your eyes have trouble adjusting the rapid change in lighting conditions. You already feel cooler, a kind of damp chill emanating from the water-slick trees around you. You can't help but glance behind yourself every couple of minutes to make sure the open glade and the tree are still there.

You walk down a natural trail, beaten down by some sort of indigenous creature (as Adam announces, apparently, to thin air). About four hundred feet away from the clearing, the path splits into two identical forks, leading away from each other at about a fifty-degree angle. The darkness of the jungle increases gradually and makes looking down each path a futile proposition.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "Mm. Lovely. Anybody have a coin? Or shall we split up, gang?"

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "As fond as I am of Scooby Doo, I see no benefit to be had from splitting up. Besides, considering how strange the situation is already, I would not be surprised if both paths led to equally unpleasant outcomes."

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "Robert Frost poem for your thoughts?"

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "To be honest, I would be surprised if our choice made a difference. In the interest of being arbitrary, I choose left."

Michel begins to walk down the path to his left.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »
    "As fond as I am of Scooby Doo, I see no benefit to be had from splitting up. Besides, considering how strange the situation is already, I would not be surprised if both paths led to equally unpleasant outcomes."

"Now wait just a second. Doesn't the Scooby Doo option mean that the handsome leader gets to go off with the lovelier of the two ladies while the rest actually solve the problem?

Because I am all for going off with either of these two. Or both, really. I'm not picky."

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Michel turns around.

"Don't get your hopes up, Fred. We've got work to do."

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "Y'know ascots are really comfortable

Way better than ties, I'm hoping the fashion trend swings back, because I rarely have to play the part of a gay sailor in my line of work, and that's about all they're good for"

Perry begins to follow Michel

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "Here's hoping that whatever is causing this incident has a particular vulnerability to Scooby Snacks."

Plum follows the rest

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Miles hurries after Felix.

"Come on, everyone."

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "Why does everything i do in my life eventually devolve into hanna babera cartoons?" Alicia stretches, deciding to follow the rest, lest she be on the team that just walks around for the rest of the episode.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Perry crushes out his cigarette on a nearby tree.

"Alright ladies and gents, thanks for that break, but we need to keep moving."

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Guess I can't hide anymore, then.

For Perry and the gang:

The thin shafts of light that penetrate the canopy are unwavering, despite the length of time you estimate that you've spent in the jungle. Maybe it's the heat, but something about the thick press of trees around you is making you uneasy. Michel glances down the path to the left. "So, shall we continue?"

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "We have to do something now, don't we? I mean, it's not like anything here is changing, we might as well keep exploring."

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "I wonder if this just goes on forever. I'd always hoped that dying in pursuit of a great mystery would be a bit more exciting."

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "I mean, we can go back if'n you want. Find the rest of the team, see if in any of the time we spent in here everything in the base got fixed or something. Maybe we ain't even in one of that bitch's weird dreamworlds, but something else entirely."

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "No, we should carry on. Going back would only make things worse. If this place still exists, then something is still wrong."

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Miles coughs quietly.

Orikaeshigitae on