As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Social Entropy Weekender

bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Social Entropy++
seweekender.jpg

In Aukland, New Zealand, the clock strikes five PM. Tipsy office workers down the last of their Friday beers and meander to their buses and trains. Retail staff check and recheck the time, wondering if it's too soon to roll up the shutters and call it a day. Amatuer gourmets maraud the greengrocer's shelves in anticipation of the feasts to be conjured up. The weekend, for them as much as anyone else, is about preparation.

Whether it's the height of the beating summer or the midst of rain-slick winter, the weekend is at hand and that means - for the lucky majority - a bit of freedom. Freedom for adventure, for relaxation, for feats of absentminded creativity or hard work at a personal passion. Time to be a social darling or time to be decidedly, happily alone. Time that for whatever unknowable reason feels implicitly, supernaturally... better.

Tell us what you're doing! Share your grand plans or miserable failures, Saturday parties or Sunday blues. For some of us the weekend starts now; for the rest, you don't have long to wait.

I'm in the mood for gettin' ready.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
bsjezz on

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i'm going to get drunk and hit on women and be devastatingly rejected and cry a whole lot over a bucket of fried chicken.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Going to watch some Predators. And hang out at my brother's place, maybe finally haul out the copy of Arkham Horror thats been gathering dust on his shelf forever.

Arrath on
  • celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    10 k race. Other than that, who knows. Bookstore? Problem sets? Booze?

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have to work on the weekend.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Last weekend was amazing so I wouldn't be surprised if this one was a bust.

But I might go to Mana Bar tonight to drink some cocktails and play some video games and hit on some nerd girls

Plus tomorrow I have two birthday parties. A four year old's and a 32 year olds.

#pipe on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    im gonna sob into my laptop again

if it aint broke dont fix it

mensch-o-matic on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

me too, but only for a few hours, fortunately

i really feel like doing some shopping. i need clothes, books and records. if i hit two out of three i'll be happy, but i have a feeling i'll have to settle for "one of the above"

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    school

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am going to look at a couple of cars to buy, play mini golf, and think some more about a career in economics.

marty_0001 on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Probably gonna do some yard work for my grandma.
    More research on camera stuff, as I inch ever closer to dropping some hundreds on a DSLR.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why are we talking about New Zealanders?

Blake T on
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    lunch with my brother tomorrow, followed by maybe finishing my second playthrough of mass effect 2 at his house (i play on his computer), hanging out with a friend tomorrow night, and then I'm hanging out with a dude I don't know too well despite having known him for like eight years on saturday. I'm slightly afraid he might have the wrong idea about in what capacity we are hanging out, so that remains to be seen.

bowtiedseal on
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm recording guitar and vocal tracks Friday through Sunday, likely with minimal sleep. Likely get some bass done in there, too.

New Blaze full length coming soon. Woohoo!

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    Why are we talking about New Zealanders?

It was five PM there when he made the thread.

#pipe on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This weekend is a weekend for beers and a lake, thats what i'm preparing for.

RubberAC on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am going to get literally so high and blow a bunch of money at 7-11 and play DJ Hero with my friends

I am going to be terrible and it is going to be awesome.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Friday night I'm going to see Avenue Q. On a date :winky:

Saturday I'm going up to Glendale to visit the Disney Imagineer Studios for their open house. They'll tour us around the buildings, talk about upcoming projects for the various parks, and then show us some stuff that I am not allowed to talk about but I probably will anyways because that is my idea of rebellion. It promises to be pretty exciting.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sounds like a promising weekend swords

RubberAC on
    edited July 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    It was five PM there when he made the thread.
    Don't be silly, it's night time.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Crushing loneliness and sloth

looooots of sloth.

Fire Truck on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    RubberAC wrote: »
    This weekend is a weekend for beers and a lake, thats what i'm preparing for.

you've hit the epitome

good job

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thankyou pipe.

I don't have too much on this weekend.

The weather is shitty so tomorrow I need to decide if I'm going out with friends to one of my favourite bars, or not getting rained on.

Blake T on
  • GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Crushing loneliness and sloth

looooots of sloth.

high 5 dude me too

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    1 word

MINNEAPAX!

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm going to go to work and read some books and probably not do anything else. Might go hang out with some friends but probably not. Hermitting it up this weekend.

Cilla Black on
    edited July 2010
    Thankyou pipe.

I don't have too much on this weekend.

The weather is shitty so tomorrow I need to decide if I'm going out with friends to one of my favourite bars, or not getting rained on.
    You all are living in crazyville.

It's night time and hot out with no rain in sight.

Weirdos.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited July 2010
    Callius wrote: »
    You all are living in crazyville.

It's night time and hot out with no rain in sight.

Weirdos.
    You tell that to my feet which are currently damp and ice fucking cold.

Blake T on
  • Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »

me too, but only for a few hours, fortunately

i really feel like doing some shopping. i need clothes, books and records. if i hit two out of three i'll be happy, but i have a feeling i'll have to settle for "one of the above"

I work a 10hr night shift.
    So my weekends are shot.

At least the movies are cheap during the week.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    lunch with my brother tomorrow, followed by maybe finishing my second playthrough of mass effect 2 at his house (i play on his computer), hanging out with a friend tomorrow night, and then I'm hanging out with a dude I don't know too well despite having known him for like eight years on saturday. I'm slightly afraid he might have the wrong idea about in what capacity we are hanging out, so that remains to be seen.

write 'not a date' on your forehead! My bill is in the mail

Meissnerd on
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My buddy's wedding is on Saturday, I have to read a poem that contains a line that reads

"We snurkle under fences."

Then I work on Sunday.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • [Michael][Michael] Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My weekend started tonight, and it was going awesome initially. I was eatin' some golden grahams (no milk, just the way I like it) and watching Sliders on hulu. I got to the bottom of the bowl, episode ended, turned the lights on and there were 2 live maggots in it.

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

[Michael] on
    edited July 2010
    You tell that to my feet which are currently damp and ice fucking cold.
    Pleased to be pointing your monitor at the offending bodily region.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hahahahahaha oh god thats awful

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
    edited July 2010
    I just learned that maggots can be dyed... huh...

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • [Michael][Michael] Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll probably have nightmares tonight about maggots just multiplying from inside me and eventually spilling and oozing out of every oriface.

[Michael] on
    edited July 2010
    [Michael] wrote: »
    I'll probably have nightmares tonight about maggots just multiplying from inside me and eventually spilling and oozing out of every oriface.
    Yeah, that's actually how they work.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • absolutebollocksabsolutebollocks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Celebrating my burfday with a garage sale on Friday then going to a Paul McCartney concert on Saturday. To say I've been looking forward to this weekend would be an understatement.

absolutebollocks on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Probably gonna skulk around town and kill some people.

ChicoBlue on
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Saturday I work

But then Sunday I go to a Magic the Gathering Pre Release Tournament

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
    edited July 2010
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Probably gonna skulk around town and kill some people.

Jeeez Chico, you need to get out of that rut you are in.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg