As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Social Entropy Weekender

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay you got me there

Gatsby on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    me and my friends are going to play Arkham Asylum, and every time someone loses Sanity points he has to down a drink

then once we are properly wasted we'll hop in the hot tub for good (sexy) times

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Callius wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    It was five PM there when he made the thread.
    Don't be silly, it's night time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDvu6wz9qF4

L|ama on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    gon get crunk

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    lots of things to get done this weekend

buy pax pass
    buy airline tickets
    make sure sister's grad party goes off without a hitch
    go to secretary of state to make sure I get my new license when I turn 21 in a few weeks
    find out why my uni account has a hold on it, seriously you guys the scholarship covers summer classes get on it
    doodle the fuck out of the doodle thread

hope I find time for all of this!

Squall on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ah, finally I'm home.

First things first: Open a nice cold bottle of beer!

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    the world cup final is on sunday

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    this weekend i am

going to avoid alcohol like the plague

Projeck on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am working tomorrow. Then company lunch with my girlfriend.

Then paid vacation starts and I am going to Tennessee..

oh man so fucking happy.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tonight I'm going to a party and then probably just relaxing on the weekend.

Then on Tuesday I'm going out on a date with a lady friend

Summer is great

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
    edited July 2010
    just found out my boss doesnt want me to take the 23rd off anymore, which is the day after my 21st birthday (there goes celebrating) and the day before I leave for vegas :(

Squall on
    edited July 2010
    go anyway

where do you work?

THEPAIN73 on
    edited July 2010
    army civilian

Squall on
    edited July 2010
    I mean, I'm still going to vegas

I just kind of wanted to celebrate on my actual birthday at home as well

ah well, firstworldproblems

Squall on
    edited July 2010
    well damn

guess they got you there then

a belated birthday celebration never hurt anybody though

just go another time and have more fun man

THEPAIN73 on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    gonna buy Mass Effect, watch the first disc of Deadwood

tomorrow maybe mill about at Sailfest downtown and hopefully avoid the massive influx of New Yorkers/Massholes into my tiny little town, eat street food and watch some fireworks

and then get even more excited for my upcoming Seattle trip

Usagi on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm doing laundry, because I haven't in like 2 weeks and I need to very badly. I'll also go to the gym and probably hit the pool for some laps. Then I'm going to buy new sneakers and gloves for the gym and possibly a few dresses because it's hot as hell this summer. And somewhere in there I'll try and get fresh meat and veggies at the farmers market.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey guys.

Guess who has a single malt whisky?

Blake T on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    okay yeah that looks delicious

hows the weather down there blake

Squall on
    edited July 2010
    It's not raining at the moment which is a welcome change!

But I'm rugged up and watching the football and I will probably play some darksiders next.

Blake T on
    edited July 2010
    Also apparently you can freeze them and lower the flour content even further.

Plus instant treats!

Blake T on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Blake T wrote: »

the link said fondant and I was all "Why would you want to eat that?"

but dang, those little cakes look very yummy

Usagi on
    edited July 2010
    oh man that looks good

why do you make me want such delicious things?

THEPAIN73 on
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yay. My weekend will start off with knee surgery, then a weekend doped up on vicodin.

MereHappenstance on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I get to spend my weekend working, yay

It's okay, though, cuz I spent the last two days out sick. :(

Sheri on
    edited July 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »

the link said fondant and I was all "Why would you want to eat that?"

but dang, those little cakes look very yummy

I thought the same thing too, but apparently there are two different types of fondant.

The idea of these is just to cook the outside and to gooey up the middle.

Blake T on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh man this is terrible. I've got a single bottle of beer left currently. But in order to bring back the crate I have to drive around town and I don't want to drink the last bottle and drive. Daaaaaamn.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Friday: Super Bomberman tournament
    Saturday: D&D
    Sunday: The Potomen, 8bit Brothers, and Duane and Brando in concert

Huuuuuuuuuge nerd

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wife is going out tonight with some new local friends, I'll probably buy some beer and mope around here and then hopefully get some programmin' done. Then get frustrated at it and mope some more.

Tomorrow: Cowboy movies and takeout, oh yeaaah.

Sunday: Laze around in my underwear and play videogames, probably.

Ten on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I will be at work.

It is going to be very hot in that place.

I am not looking forward to it.

At all.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    alls i got planned is seeing Predators today

as in right now

bye y'all

Sweeney Tom on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Friday: Nothin', might buy a fan, idk, bored, watch more planet earth
    Saturday: Cowboy movies and bacon
    Sunday: maybe get a haircut

Kochikens on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ok guys, decorum question

Hot as the blazes in New York lately

I lent my fan to my housemate upstairs before the heat struck because we don't have an attic so the top floor gets way super hot. The housemate lent it to my other housemate, who also lives upstairs. This is all fine.

However, today everywhere is way super hot, and I'm tired of sweating through three shirts a day.

The girl's not around. I'm not really friends with her, don't really know her. Would it be poor form to grab my fan back and leave a note where it's sitting saying, "Stole my fan back, sorry, I'd be willing to loan it out again once it cools down a little, Shank"? I'd kinda hate for her to get back at the end of the day to a hot, fanless room, but on the other hand I am hot and it is my fan. Should I wait for her?

Charles Kinbote on
    edited July 2010

I lent my fan to my housemate upstairs before the heat struck because we don't have an attic so the top floor gets way super hot. The housemate lent it to my other housemate, who also lives upstairs. This is all fine.

However, today everywhere is way super hot, and I'm tired of sweating through three shirts a day.

The girl's not around. I'm not really friends with her, don't really know her. Would it be poor form to grab my fan back and leave a note where it's sitting saying, "Stole my fan back, sorry, I'd be willing to loan it out again once it cools down a little, Shank"? I'd kinda hate for her to get back at the end of the day to a hot, fanless room, but on the other hand I am hot and it is my fan. Should I wait for her?

I wouldn't leave a note, I'd probably just grab it. It's your fan, if she wants one then she can buy one otherwise you can take it whenever you want. It's not like you lent it to her (which you didn't you lent it to someone else who lent it to her) with the promise of letting her keep it all summer or something.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited July 2010

I wouldn't leave a note, I'd probably just grab it. It's your fan, if she wants one then she can buy one otherwise you can take it whenever you want. It's not like you lent it to her (which you didn't you lent it to someone else who lent it to her) with the promise of letting her keep it all summer or something.

Well I mean fair but I don't want her to get back and be like "where is the fan I have been using oh that kid downstairs that I haven't really talked to must have come into my room uninvited while I was out and taken his thing back"

at the very least I'd like to leave a note, courtesy ain't hard

Charles Kinbote on
    edited July 2010

Well I mean fair but I don't want her to get back and be like "where is the fan I have been using oh that kid downstairs that I haven't really talked to must have come into my room uninvited while I was out and taken his thing back"

at the very least I'd like to leave a note, courtesy ain't hard

You can leave a note if you want but by you're still going in uninvited and taking the fan so it becomes "where is the fan I have been using oh that kid downstairs that I haven't really talked to came into my room uninvited while I was out and took his thing back, I know this because it says it on this sticky note where the fan was." It seems like the issue is whether or not it's polite to go into her room uninvited to get back your fan regardless of whether or not there's a note there isn't likely going to change how she feels about it, she'll either not give a shit or be annoyed.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited July 2010
    so you think it isn't impolite to go grab it? I know it isn't unjustified, I just want to know if it's impolite

Charles Kinbote on
    edited July 2010
    so you think it isn't impolite to go grab it? I know it isn't unjustified, I just want to know if it's impolite

No, I think she'd have to be a drama queen to get bitchy over this. Like I said, I'd just go in and take my fan back without much thought to it because fuck it, it's hot and I want my damn fan.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited July 2010
    it's not impolite for taking your fan back

it's impolite for entering a stranger's place uninvited

but yeah she shouldn't blow her top over it

Squall on