As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] LEAGUE OF FUCKING LEGENDS, FUCKING FREE!

1565758596062»

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cutfang wrote: »
    Quick idea. In a lane against heimer, why not stick an extra champion in that lane to deal with him? The exp averages out the same, just skewed in favour of two champions.

Let's just say that putting 3 champions in a single lane will put you in a severe disadvantage exp wise. This is if heimer is at top or bot, obviously.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Cutfang wrote: »
    Quick idea. In a lane against heimer, why not stick an extra champion in that lane to deal with him? The exp averages out the same, just skewed in favour of two champions.

Let's just say that putting 3 champions in a single lane will put you in a severe disadvantage exp wise. This is if heimer is at top or bot, obviously.

Especially because you're going to have no more luck. When heimer outlevels you, the turrets hit harder, are more resilient, and because you have less health, will chew you up extremely fast.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Really you should just play with NuNu or an AP Yi every game

No more turrets!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    EvilsvilleEvilsville Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, when do you guys do inhouses? I think I need to get in on this so I can maybe get an estimate on my play so I can get better.

So I can stop sucking. Also, I like PA and SC2 inhouses were fun as hell

Evilsville on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Getting better can also be done through matchmaker

Really 10% is knowing your hero, 10% is items, and the rest is knowing other game mechanics, most of which can really be learned through repetition.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Evilsville wrote: »
    facetious wrote: »
    Another convert!

Seriously Singed is just the most fun you can have.

I like the idea of Singed. But I cannot play him well worth a damn.

He can't gank, teamfight, he's squish. What's going on here.

How the heck is singed squish? He's a freaking tank.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just played a game where the Janna on the opposing team went AS/AD wtf? who does that?

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    HootoramaHootorama Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    CasedOut wrote: »
    I just played a game where the Janna on the opposing team went AS/AD wtf? who does that?

Everyone? AP Janna is trash.

Hootorama on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hootorama wrote: »

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Another convert!

How the heck is singed squish? He's a freaking tank.

Prolly built him as a squishy AP caster.

Hootorama on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hoot log on.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Will my summoner be level 30 if I play on the US servers from the EU?

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm at work Wah. Was sick those other days when I was on during the day =/ Sorry brosef.

Hootorama on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Will my summoner be level 30 if I play on the US servers from the EU?

No.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I had my first go at leading the team and playing initiator last night, it was fun actively trying to win rather than sitting back. But can anyone give me some general leading tips? Like when should you aim to team fight/just push one lane? Who should you target first in team battles?

Snare on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Snare wrote: »
    So I had my first go at leading the team and playing initiator last night, it was fun actively trying to win rather than sitting back. But can anyone give me some general leading tips? Like when should you aim to team fight/just push one lane? Who should you target first in team battles?

Which champion? Different situations/initiation styles depending on the champion. A Blitz initiates in a different way than an Amumu for example.

Hootorama on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Phreak wrote:
    Flash is staying in.

Link

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Spoiler that shit, can't read that site at work.

Hootorama on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Snare wrote: »

Its really so situation dependent that its hard to say. You generally push after you've had a team fight in which you emerged with less deaths than the other team. Then you use your man advantage to advance your minions with relative immunity.

Targeting first is pretty easy, whomever their squishies are.

In general, it takes experience and communication with your teammates.

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's the whole post.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Spoiler that shit, can't read that site at work.

Thats all he said. Post was from last night.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cool!

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    Erin6641Erin6641 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Where is mooman!

Erin6641 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ugh... I despise Flash and all it brings to the game. Wait, scratch that. I despise Riot's fetish for new champions w/blink abilities.

Hootorama on
  • Options
    Erin6641Erin6641 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Flash isn't as good as ghost anyway. Ghost cleanse ftw. Running through anivia's wall is lol

Erin6641 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I think ghost is actually used more than flash these days.

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Erin6641 wrote: »
    Where is mooman!

i am here...

watching.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That's b/c every hero and their mother that's played nowadays has a built in flash/blink ability. How many EZ's or Kats or Shens or Akalis or Kassadins do you see in every game? TELL ME!!?

Hootorama on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ugh... I despise Flash and all it brings to the game. Wait, scratch that. I despise Riot's fetish for new champions w/blink abilities.

i have a bit of this feeling

instead of making a blink dagger item (which i kind of feel they should, with a large price tag) they just give blinks to characters on shortish cooldowns

i mean dota had some of those (antimage and uhhh)

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That's b/c every hero and their mother that's played nowadays has a built in flash/blink ability. How many EZ's or Kats or Shens or Akalis or Kassadins do you see in every game? TELL ME!!?

I can't remember the last time I've seen a Kassadin. I've found Akali pretty rare (and rarely played well).

Ez, Kat and Shen are very common. Though, I think Shen will be much less common starting in season 1 since everyone will ban him.

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kassadin = LoL's Antimage

EDIT: Fixed to make sense in light of Chrono posting before me.

Hootorama on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kassadin.

:?:

Edit: Ahh, makes a bit more sense then. ;-)

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No.

Gah.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hooray, I broke my 30 game losing streak!

too bad it took the other team to be down a hero =/

Xaquin on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I've seen this mentioned a few times but haven't seen anything to back it up. If you care to indulge my curious self, can you explain why AP Janna is so trash? It seems that building for attack damaging death means getting her squishy self close into a fight and into the range of stuns and other death. Whilst building for AP means you can put bigger shields and harder hitting tornados on people from afar, or jump in and throw a Zephyr and jump out. Also her ult scales something like x2 with AP, or 1.5x.

It might be a terrible idea, but at a glance I don't understand why.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    THE THREAD IS DEAD

LONG LIVE THE THREAD

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    yea p much like every jannna specs this way - or should.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Another convert!

He's actually an amazing initiator and tank, and hellaciously useful in team fights.

Try out the build I use and then tell me what you think:

Exhaust + Ghost as your Summoner Spells.

Sapphire Crystal + 2hp pots to start, take fling first. Hang back and try to last hit. If you have a lanemate who can burst really well early or has a stun, go for an early first blood - find an opportunity to fling someone back into your turret or your lanemate, exhaust, kill.

Your skill order should be Q>E>R>W.

Rush Rod of Ages, before even boots.

Your item build should be:

Saphire Crystal + hp pots
    Rod of Ages
    Boots of Swiftness
    Banshee's Veil
    Sunfire Cape
    Sunfire Cape

Now you're the best tank ever.

Always have your poison on anytime creeps or enemies are around, with your rod charged up for 10mins+ you can have it on basically 24/7.

Turn your poison on, run in to initiate, fling the enemyy back into your team, watch him die.

Kite people. They'll chase you because you have 3 bars of health (which, for you, will still be like 1k health) and your poison will eat away at them and before they know it, you've popped your ult, turned around, flinged them, and killed them.

Anyway, I'm starting to love Singed since I started playing him recently, so thought I'd share my build.

I also plan on trying to find a way to fling my own teammates into crowstorms at some point.

Legen Dairy on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Singed is an AP Tank, his poison hurts way way more than it looks once he gets some AP going. People don't even realize it's killing them.

Zek on
  • Options
    KarniusKarnius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd like to point out in any win I have with Singed, I never get past Rod of Ages, Boots of Swiftness, and one additional item (Thornmail if there's a heavy physical auto attacks, otherwise G/A or Sunfire). You don't earn the gold quick enough, but you're winning anyway so who cares?

Karnius on
    "There's nothing more foolish than a man chasin' his hat."
This discussion has been closed.