As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2010 Omegathon - OMEGANAUTS MAKE YOURSELVES KNOWN!

crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
As were getting closer to pax, i thought id start a thread on what kind of games everyone thinks might show up in this years contest, realistically or not, and how awesome it would be to be chosen.

i think it would a nice change if the 5v5 group band round was replaced with some other group game, like a 5v5 heroes of newerth or some team battle co-op.

Here is the list of the Omeganauts so far, if ive spelled your name wrong or if you know someone else to add to the list, send me a PM
Contrefait
MegaDestructo
Clerise
TOGSolid
MajikMan13
Theoselk
olanmills
Heleor
Amp300
m@!
langri
Netil
SurlyDuff
TheWolff

its a secret to everyone
crackgoblin on

• cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ubisoft's Laser Tag.

:?

cocowoushi on
  • SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just Dance-off :)

Solelron on
  • ccarroll85ccarroll85 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Another vote for Just Dance! I had so much fun playing this last year at PAX.

Dug up this old video of me even haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jthy4TjdRl0

ccarroll85 on
    Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.

Casey Jones
    : You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
  • cuennascuennas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    question is how do i apply to do all these things

cuennas on
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    cuennas wrote: »
    question is how do i apply to do all these things

When you preorder your pax passes there is an option to check for if you want to be included in the pool. On some date in the not so distant future they will randomly draw phone numbers and call those people until they get 18-19 competitors. (last years runner up gets a free pass and if they do they same thing they did last year, they will draw someone at random at the keynote)

JonnyNero on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    Don't know how many of you caught Khoo's tweet today but they're going to make the Omeganaut calls next week, so if you haven't bought your passes yet, you'll want to do that now.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Get the sneaking suspicion that Halo Reach - Firefight 2.0 might just be a round in the Omegathon.

Nope on
  • BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Don't know how many of you caught Khoo's tweet today but they're going to make the Omeganaut calls next week, so if you haven't bought your passes yet, you'll want to do that now.

I did not see that Tweet! I don't have a clue which phone number I put on my form, but luckily both my numbers forward to my cell. Too bad I'm pretty sure it won't count if I change my voice mail to, "If this is about the Omegathon, my answer is yes" just in case I can't answer.

BrennaCeDria on
    edited July 2010

I did not see that Tweet! I don't have a clue which phone number I put on my form, but luckily both my numbers forward to my cell. Too bad I'm pretty sure it won't count if I change my voice mail to, "If this is about the Omegathon, my answer is yes" just in case I can't answer.

That's what I'm doing! It's worth a shot at the title right?

JonnyNero on
  • crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

yep, im doing the same as well since i have no service where i work. i hope they stick around on the phone long enough to hear it.

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
    edited July 2010
    @JonnyNero & crackgoblin I'm not 100%, but I'm sure this has been asked in past years if it would be accepted, and it won't be. I'll go through the "calls about to go out" threads from the past few years to make sure, but I'll just have my phone on my hip the whole week just in case.

...Actually, I didn't see the question in the 09 thread at all, I'll try and check the 08 thread in a bit. Maybe it's worth a shot after all? Probably not, but here's to hoping. :p

BrennaCeDria on
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm pretty confident a voicemail message won't work. If you know you'll be out of coverage, you might look into telling your cell provider to forward all calls to whatever landline you'll be able to answer.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah pretty sure its "Must be present to win" Considering how many calls they have to make they will just be skipping down the list.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited July 2010
    Should we light the Khoo light on this?

JonnyNero on
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Before lighting the Khoo signal, I'd check last year's Omegathon thread, and witness the firsthand reports of people who missed it by that much.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=96742

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
    edited July 2010
    I'm not seeing anythign that specifically puts the kabosh on voicemail greetings.

I'll say again what I said last year. I won a glow in the dark sleeping bag and a bunch of other cool shit from Nickelodeon one year for their nick or treat thing by changing my families answering machine greeting to say Nick-or-Treat. I was playing T-Ball when I got the call and they accepted.

I still think the Khoo light should be lit just to make sure

JonnyNero on
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think the final round should include a tribute to those awful, awful interactive games that contestants had to play during the finale of Nick Arcade episodes. Speaking of which, would be really cool to see contestants at arcade cabinets.

Gundabad on
    edited July 2010
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    I'm not seeing anythign that specifically puts the kabosh on voicemail greetings.

I'll say again what I said last year. I won a glow in the dark sleeping bag and a bunch of other cool shit from Nickelodeon one year for their nick or treat thing by changing my families answering machine greeting to say Nick-or-Treat. I was playing T-Ball when I got the call and they accepted.

I still think the Khoo light should be lit just to make sure

yea, would be awesome if someone could clarify. definitely want to know so if im preoccupied by; lets say, shoving fingers up asses in a hospital and cant answer the phone; if an answer message would work.

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Funky Town on Dance Central IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGD0dLrkYPk

parabola on
    edited July 2010
    I didn't see anything for or against the voice-mail-acceptance just-in-case in either the 2008 or 2009 threads; I went through both yesterday. That said, while I don't actually think it would work, I will change my vm greeting tonight if we don't hear a 100% "NO, THAT WON'T WORK" before I go to sleep tonight. :p I'd hate to have the phone on me, know it's ringing, and not be able to answer because I'm with a customer. If they call and I'm at the doctor's office tomorrow or Wednesday, well, the doctor will have to give me a moment. :p

BrennaCeDria on
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Go Ferris Bueler style and just leave a voicemail greeting of the anticipated conversation you will have to accept the Omeganaught slot. Maybe they won't realize ; )

Gundabad on
    edited July 2010
    Ringer changed to something I WILL HEAR NO MATTER WHAT AND SO WILL EVERYONE IN A 5 MILE RADIUS: CHECK.
    Google Voice call screening turned off just in case I put that number down instead of my actual mobile number: CHECK
    Voice mail changed to an "oh god pretty please let me accept via voice mail" greeting even though I don't think it will be accepted: CHECK.

Now to jump anxiously every time my phone rings, whether I know the number or not, until everyone posts and says they got their call. Work and doctor's offices are going to have to be patient with me this week. *sigh*

BrennaCeDria on
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Chess. Boxing.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
    edited July 2010
    If I were in it, I might could get lucky with chess. It would totally be luck, but at least it would be a quick game either way. :p

BrennaCeDria on
  • WinyderWinyder Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Highly Likely:

Puzzle Quest 2
    Rockband 3 w/ Keytar
    Reach: Firefight 2.0

What I'd want to see:

Left 4 Dead - Versus / Survival
    Killer Bunnies
    Red Dead Redemption shootout

Winyder on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    For the non-video game game this year, hungry hungry hippos.

The_Reflection on
    edited July 2010

THIS. DO. WANT.

BrennaCeDria on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd really like to see something with the new Rock Band instruments. I don't know how far along the game is, but I bet it's pretty likely.

Halo Reach will almost assuredly be in there somewhere.

Personally, I'd like to see something involving Microsoft Kinect just because people look so absolutely ridiculous using it. It would make for great entertainment.

For the final round... I will, and always will, vote for ping pong.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • OrosoOroso Enforcer PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd like to see Reach but I'm not sure we will after ODST last year.

I'll go ahead and make my completly wrong guess on the final round now: Tetrisphere

Oroso on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

No. Nonononono. Nono. No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited July 2010
    Decius wins the thread.

BigRed on
  • ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They should totally do Jarts. Then there's the added excitement of *permanent* elimination.

ky13 on
    Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
    edited July 2010
    I keep waiting for when they'll finally scrounge up some ole nes power pads and have people compete side by side in Stadium Events.

Nope on
    edited July 2010
    ...so im beginning to think that khoo put that message up because hes a sadistic evil man and he relishes the thought of hundreds of people breaking their normal routine to obsessively check their phone.

i feel like im back in middle school and im picking up my phone to make sure it still works

back on topic - plants vs zombies 2 (it comes out in august)

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • niq24601niq24601 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Classic:
    * Joust
    * R.C. Pro-Am

Modern:
    * BlazBlue (fighter)
    * echochrome 2 or whatever it's called (puzzler -- will it be out then?)
    * Something Move- or Kinect-based

niq24601 on
    niq24601.jpg
    "gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
    edited July 2010
    ...so im beginning to think that khoo put that message up because hes a sadistic evil man and he relishes the thought of hundreds of people breaking their normal routine to obsessively check their phone.

i feel like im back in middle school and im picking up my phone to make sure it still works

Right there with ya, did the same thing last year too. Today I kept randomly looking at my cell to make sure it had a good clear signal. Only thing I can imagine worse then not getting called is you get called but your cell doesn't show anybody is calling till after the fact.

Nope on
    edited July 2010
    Nope wrote: »
    Only thing I can imagine worse then not getting called is you get called but your cell doesn't show anybody is calling till after the fact.

My sentiments exactly. I'm 100% cool with not GETTING called, but I don't know that I'd survive MISSING the call, especially if it was a miss that I should have been able to prevent. I was terrified today running to and from my car in the storms not from the lightning, but because I wouldn't be able to reach my phone without it getting soaked, and I don't have insurance on it. :(

BrennaCeDria on
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You really don't need to worry about missing the call.

Years ago I was living at home and working a summer job when Gabe called my home phone.

Of course my mom picked up, had no idea what Gabe was talking about, told him she wouldn't let me attend his convention, and hung up on him.

He laughed it off and we got in touch later.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Can I change my ph# for the Omegathon since my billing ph# is diffeerent from the number I can be reached at?

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited July 2010
    Decius wrote: »
    Can I change my ph# for the Omegathon since my billing ph# is diffeerent from the number I can be reached at?

Probably not before they start calling :P

BigRed on
This discussion has been closed.