As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Verify Your Account NOW

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The calculator is detecting packages that i didn't buy in mine. It says i bought the "Dawn of War complete pack" but i never did, i bought those games all separately as they came out.

It also detects Dawn of War II Gold Edition on top of that. So it detects me as having 2 Dawn of War II's.

It's also not picking up my DLC. I don't know if it picks up some other stuff, but it claims I don't have the Defense Grid map packs.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey, the calculator finally works perfectly for me: It detects I have the Orange Box (Where before it would split it with the HL Episodes Pack and Portal and TF2 individually,) and all my packs have the right prices.
    You own 71 games worth: $844.07 USD
    You spend an average of $11.89 USD per game.
    $15.35 USD per month

D:D:D:
    Well, at least I know it's far less than that. Which explains why I don't really buy games until they're dirt cheap.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drovek wrote: »
    Well, "finished" Red Faction: Guerrilla. The main storyline anyways, still many collectibles and missions to complete. Kinda sucks that the multiplayer is so barren right now, but still: Best $5 ever.
    Go Space Asshole!

I wish the mining mech could use a giant hammer.

get some real wrath of god type shit going on

edit
    You own 54 games worth: $648.62 USD
    no wonder i'm poor!

Buttcleft on
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I get a lot of these "hey I never bought this pack" comments. I'll write an explanation of how the calculator works and it's limitations later.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DírhaelDírhael NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dirhael owns 86 games worth: 1,034.85€
    Dirhael has had a Steam account since: June 8, 2005, or ~61 months
    Dirhael has spent an average of 16.96€ per month
    What's Your Account Worth?
    <3 sales, I've spent nowhere near that amount. Well, at least I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Also, it would appear I have an extra copy of Monkey Island: SE that I don't need. Gifting the game to the first one asking for it.

EDIT: extra MI:SE copy gone!

Dírhael on
  • AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dírhael wrote: »
    <3 sales, I've spent nowhere near that amount. Well, at least I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Also, it would appear I have an extra copy of Monkey Island: SE that I don't need. Gifting the game to the first one asking for it.

I would like that

AdditionalPylons on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I always wanted to play that series to see what i've been missing

SubtleTies owns 53 games worth: $708.13 USD
    SubtleTies has had a Steam account since: January 2, 2009, or ~18 months
    SubtleTies has spent an average of $39.34 USD per month

yay everything actually has a price now

initiatefailure on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jclast wrote: »
    It's also not picking up my DLC. I don't know if it picks up some other stuff, but it claims I don't have the Defense Grid map packs.
    DLC is not displayed on the community pages, so ddgamer can't read it.

Alegis on
  • DírhaelDírhael NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dírhael wrote: »

I would like that

Gift sent!

Dírhael on
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Bioptic wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Morkath wrote: »
    It's even funnier because they amended it to say it was 33% off but until August instead of July 4th, half the sale but for more than twice as long.

And then of course it went back to full price on July 5th.

That was the image they used last year, no clue why they used it again this year, assuming someone screwed up.
    Really you guys should just let it go, someone fucked up, shit happens, a game was on sale for a bit cheaper than it was meant to be then they corrected it.

If you are really that hard up for a really cheap witcher, I guarentee you, you can find it in a brick and mortar store for far cheaper than on steam.

You assume there are Witcher copies in brick and mortar shops.

In my experience, at least around my area that is a rather wrong assumption :P.

Are Amazon and the like not feasible?

Every day of the Steam sale, I was checking the daily deals against hard copies on online stores - if a game was 50% off (a la Metro 2033) it was usually cheaper to order a hard copy (and in that instance, had a free copy of Red Faction Guerilla with it too). Even at 75% off, plenty of games were at a similar price there. Old copies of the Witcher (pre massive patch) are dirt cheap online, and can be patched into the newest version - or you can get a nice big box with physical versions of all the goodies for less than the normal Steam copy.

I'm still surprised from time to time when I remember to check elsewhere for games, but to be perfectly honest, it takes an insane discount to get me to buy something not on Steam. My games library has grown so much that the convenience of having everything digitally stored in a single location is just too much to pass up.

Agreed. Also, not having to worry about keeping track of discs and CD keys is a life saver for me. I've sworn off buying PC games at retail after losing my Fallout 3 DVD a few weeks after launch. That one still stings :(.

EDIT:
    You own 84 games worth: $704.72 USD - What does this number mean?
    You spend an average of $8.39 USD per game.
    Member for: ~80 months
    $8.81 USD per month

Better than I was expecting. I know I've paid no where near that for everything on my list. I think I've only bought 4 of the games on my list at or around launch for full price (not counting the HL2 silver pack I bought so many years ago).

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    DLC is not displayed on the community pages, so ddgamer can't read it.

Some DLC is shown on the community page, but it isn't really consistent.

Peewi on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yep. I've actually come around to where I feel completely comfortable buying games through Steam and hate buying physical retail copies. I remember hitting the purchase button on Half Life 2 the first time and thinking "I hope this isn't a mistake."

Now fast forward a few years and I get this from the Steam Calculator.
    You own 75 games worth: $811.57 USD
    You spend an average of $10.82 USD per game.

And I feel pretty good about that. Because I actually spent a pretty good bit less than that and far less than I would have buying the games retail.

Drake on
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I wish the mining mech could use a giant hammer.

get some real wrath of god type shit going on

My only complaint was that there weren't many mechs around in the world, or at least that I could find. I think I used like 4 in the time it took me to finish the storyline. And 2 tanks (the one they give you in the end included.)

I mean, it's fun to drop from a cliff and into a building with a truck and all, but a mech is a mech.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Question about BioShock
    When I went to Point Prometheus to get transformed into a Big Daddy, there was one spot left blank in the bathysphere control screen. I already had a vague idea of how the game ended and assumed this was for an "escape exploding Rapture" level. However, PP transitioned into the Fontaine boss fight, after which the game ended.

Did I miss a whole area somewhere, or is there just a blank spot in the bathysphere controls?

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    huh, apparently what I use to login to steam isn't my steamid? or there is some other problem.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    huh, apparently what I use to login to steam isn't my steamid? or there is some other problem.

Depending on what you need to use it for, you probably want a link to your profile or your custom URL.

Peewi on
  • Samm1chSamm1ch Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Variable wrote: »

It may be that you haven't yet set up your custom ID link, which you need to do manually. I missed this as well. If you click on "Edit My Profile" from the Community home screen, you'll see the space for a custom URL about halfway down the page.

Samm1ch on
    steam_sig.png
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ugh, the Serious Sam free weekend ended at 1pm? I thought it lasted the whole weekend. I completely missed it due to a very busy Friday and Saturday. I wonder what happened to the 900MB or whatever that I downloaded, since the game's no longer in my library. Did it delete itself or is it still taking up space? And if it is, how do I clear it?

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Watching world cup highlights and saw a cleat to the stomach that reminded me if my flying kicks in prototype.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Red TrousersRed Trousers Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Watching world cup highlights and saw a cleat to the stomach that reminded me if my flying kicks in prototype.

Aye it was a brutal kick

Red Trousers on
    steam_sig.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    _48321583_009786478-1.jpg

I don't know

Looks more like a Johnny Cage kick to me

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Alright guys, explanation written:

How The Steam Calculator Works

If you have questions, ask them there. I'm unlikely to see it here since this thread often moves too fast for me to keep up.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • MonthenorMonthenor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Today on Monty's Behind the Curve, I finally got around to Mirror's Edge from the Steam sale. I'm glad everybody here warns people to play on Easy. If those bullets were any more damaging I'd probably have thrown my controller by now. But when all the cops are merely punching bags for my amusement this game is fantastic.

I actually feel bad about the one dude I did end up shooting accidentally. I know I'm not going for cheevos here but Faith is not supposed to be killing people. I just wish stealth was a little more viable; I'm in a spot now where the patrolling guards hear/see me through a wall and immediately go on alert. Do I have to crouch-walk past dudes or are there just some areas that alert immediately?

Monthenor on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Stealth isn't really a feature in ME, everybody kinda auto-magically homes in on you. You just gotta run as fast as you can. Which particular place you stuck at?

Big Classy on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Monthenor wrote: »
    Today on Monty's Behind the Curve, I finally got around to Mirror's Edge from the Steam sale. I'm glad everybody here warns people to play on Easy. If those bullets were any more damaging I'd probably have thrown my controller by now.

Stop doing it wrong. Use mouse and keyboard.

-Loki- on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I first played Mirror's Edge on the 360, but yes, the KBAM controls are much better imo.

LewieP on
  • Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    1278888390791.jpg

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    God damn I want to get Mirror's Edge but it requires a 3 GHz processor

Only got a 2.8 :(

Rent on
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mine's 2 GHz and it worked fine. I just had to turn off physx because I have an ATI card.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rent wrote: »

Is it a single core? Mines a 2.6ghz quad core and it worked fine.

-Loki- on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »

It's a uh

Phenom II X4-820 (D) 2.8 GHz (95W)

I think it's quad core? My roommate said it was

Rent on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mirror's Edge doesn't require anything beefy at all; the min sysreqs refers to a single-core Pentium 4 -- I'm pretty sure you have something way better than that dinosaur. It you can run any other UE3 game (and why not, everything can run it nowadays), ME won't have any problems.

edit: yeah, that proc will destroy that game don't even worry about it

Zxerol on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

It's a uh

start-run; dxdiag

should say something like X CPUs. Mine says 8 CPUs, which confuses me.

Tamin on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    yeah i'd guess that's much more than enough to play the game... and by guess i'd mean certain. the game worked fine on my 3.1ghz dual core athlon with older architecture. i'm guessing the 3ghz req is for single core processors

initiatefailure on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    1278888390791.jpg

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES!

15n0do4.jpg

SHOW YA MOVES!

Alegis on
    edited July 2010

It's a uh

It is a quad core. Mirrors Edge won't even make it wince.

-Loki- on
  • MonthenorMonthenor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Stealth isn't really a feature in ME, everybody kinda auto-magically homes in on you. You just gotta run as fast as you can. Which particular place you stuck at?

Didn't get stuck, I just had to take a break for dinner. I'm on a boat and there are a ton of SWAT-looking dudes patrolling...even if I sneak around to the left and stand in an empty room they focus in on me. Not sure yet if it's because I've been running there or if I'm just meant to be found.
    -Loki- wrote:

Huzza-wha? I don't know that I could switch now without causing me headaches, but what's better about kbam here? Just the ability to turn your head faster?

Monthenor on
  • Samm1chSamm1ch Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    _48321583_009786478-1.jpg

<Karate Champ judge> FULL POINT. </Karate Champ judge>

Samm1ch on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    Monthenor wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote:

Huzza-wha? I don't know that I could switch now without causing me headaches, but what's better about kbam here? Just the ability to turn your head faster?

Basically, yes. For some of the more complicated jumps, the speed and precision of a mouse is just plain better.

-Loki- on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I have a 2.8 GHz dual-core Pentium Core 2 duo. I have a Radeon HD 4850 with 512 of ram. And 4 gigs of dual channel memory.

Once I disable that silly PhysX bullshit I can run Mirror's Edge like a dream at 1680x1050 resolution on maximum quality settings. Smooth as butter.

The key for us ATI users though is to disable PhysX when playing Mirror's Edge, which is a feature that is enabled by default.

So yeah you said you have a Phenom II. That should be plenty to run it well. The critical factor here though is video card. Although ME runs extremely well in general on most hardware, even semi old and/or moderate video cards. (Just as long as y ou disable physx if you're an ati user)

slash000 on