As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 7-14-10: Havink Anger Issues

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Graphic Violence
Thanos Imperative #2, it made up for how absolutely crummy Superman #701 was. Balls to the wall action, epic, epic stuff:

ti2a.jpg

Suck on that, Namor.

ti2b.jpg

Dogs rule, Hulks drool.

ti2c.jpg

ti2d.jpg

The cancerverse turned Galactus into a life machine to spread life.

TexiKen on

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My MotW: Amazon delivering Absolute Planetary Vol 1 lastnight, and picking up Vol 2 at the Silver Snail at lunch.

So wicked.

Sharp101 on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like how they moved his helmet spokes to make it look a little Unicron-esque.

Was Superman #701 as bad as we all thought it would be?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Alfred's Extreme Butlering joke was great in Batman.

KVW on
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I liked it, but then again- I am HITLER!

Tairu on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    X-Men: Second Coming #2 was a mixed bag. There's some good epilogue type stuff, but also some boo hoo pissing matches between the old team and the new team, and there's some really bad Greg Land art.

But the end kind of makes up for it, because this is what I expected from Fraction's run, and it also shuts TLB up about playing basketball with a gun that shoots happiness or something:

xmsc2a.jpg

xmsc2b.jpg

And then Cerebra picks up all these new mutant readings (about 5, probably the 5 lights).

It is kind of freaky that Hope gives Emma that "he's my man, bitch" look, because really X-People, she's only 16 at most, don't hint that she's Jean.

TexiKen on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    my MOTW was also receiving ABSOLUTE PLANETARY Vol 1 in the mail today.

it is a thing of incredible beauty.

Rans on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    X-Men: Second Coming #2 was a mixed bag. There's some good epilogue type stuff, but also some boo hoo pissing matches between the old team and the new team, and there's some really bad Greg Land art.

But the end kind of makes up for it, because this is what I expected from Fraction's run, and it also shuts TLB up about playing basketball with a gun that shoots happiness or something:

xmsc2a.jpg

xmsc2b.jpg

And then Cerebra picks up all these new mutant readings (about 5, probably the 5 lights).

It is kind of freaky that Hope gives Emma that "he's my man, bitch" look, because really X-People, she's only 16 at most, don't hint that she's Jean.

man

maaaaaaan

I wanna see the x-men face the happiness gun now

thanks a lot, texiken

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Rans wrote: »
    my MOTW was also receiving ABSOLUTE PLANETARY Vol 1 in the mail today.

it is a thing of incredible beauty.

I was so excited opening mine up.

It smells like heaven.

I can't wait to read though it all again.

Sharp101 on
    edited July 2010
    man

maaaaaaan

I wanna see the x-men face the happiness gun now

thanks a lot, texiken

xf1par.jpg

TexiKen on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I said the X-Men

not the gay old X-Force

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    MOTW Spider-Man, what could have been.

tasm637028029.jpg

Try to ignore the dialogue and focus on the interesting character he could've been.

DarkWarrior on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay I really like the Lobster Johnson-ish Spider-Man costume. I really like it. I think they should use that, screw the black suit. Maybe slap a bigger spider on it, but

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    edited July 2010
    The only problem with that page was freaking Logan giving him shit over killing someone. And speaking of killing people, X-Force Sex and Violence was gorgeous. Yost & Kyle pretty much let Dell'Otto do all the heavy lifting here. Amazing art.

KVW on
    edited July 2010
    KVW wrote: »
    The only problem with that page was freaking Logan giving him shit over killing someone. And speaking of killing people, X-Force Sex and Violence was gorgeous. Yost & Kyle pretty much let Dell'Otto do all the heavy lifting here. Amazing art.

I didn't even notice that, hed become too hardcore for Logan.

DarkWarrior on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ignore the dialogue and look at pictures of him commiting murder and marvel in what an amazing character murdering spider-man could have been!

Angry on
    edited July 2010
    Hes murdering Doc Ock, thats like ABH at best.

DarkWarrior on
    edited July 2010
    Angry wrote: »
    ignore the dialogue and look at pictures of him commiting murder and marvel in what an amazing character murdering spider-man could have been!

What If? Spider-Man vs WOlverine showed what he's like as super badass. Cooler costume, too.

KVW on
  • PookieMan357PookieMan357 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    KVW wrote: »

I didn't even notice that, hed become too hardcore for Logan.

I think it's more he's being ejected for daring to sport the same spotty unshaveness as Logan.

PookieMan357 on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanos Imperative #2, it made up for how absolutely crummy Superman #701 was. Balls to the wall action, epic, epic stuff:

ti2a.jpg

Suck on that, Namor.

ti2b.jpg

Dogs rule, Hulks drool.

ti2c.jpg

ti2d.jpg

Uuuuuuuh, Galactus being turned into a superweapon, AGAIN?

Synthetic Orange on
    edited July 2010

ti2a.jpg

Suck on that, Namor.

ti2b.jpg

Dogs rule, Hulks drool.

ti2c.jpg

ti2d.jpg

Uuuuuuuh, Galactus being turned into a superweapon, AGAIN?
    Look how huge it is compared to Galactus, there's something else to it, like maybe that's what the cancer-god lives in or something

TexiKen on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All Aboard the
    Galactus Train
    , Woo Woo!

Fencingsax on
    edited July 2010
    The GotG need to come up with putting the Knowhere Celestial head on a really tricked out 1990 Toyota Celica and play a game of Chicken.

Instead of being a rice rocket it would be a raccoon rocket hyuck hyuck high five!

TexiKen on
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So far I've only flipped through it, but Officer Downe is looking like Moment of the Decade material.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Everything Gavril says in Generation Lost is my MOTW

Tairu on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    UCSM #12 was good, nothing really stood out though. I hope Bendis doesn't mess up Peter's life too much after this Chameleon story arc though.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited July 2010
    Tairu wrote: »
    Everything Gavril says in Generation Lost is my MOTW

Hypocrite on Justice League! Give me some! Do not leave Gavril to be hanging!

I really like it when Lopresti draws the book, it makes it so much better.

TexiKen on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Amazing Spider-Man had some really good art

DrIanMalcolm on
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was surprised that Deadpool: Origins didn't suck! Actually had some touching moments mixed well with his zany goodness.
    deadpoolorigin.jpg

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Shadowland was good again but you know how its going to go, they're doing everything possible to make DD seem like teh dick and unstable and the Hand uncontrollable even though he's their leader. So its all going to crumble.

DarkWarrior on
    edited July 2010
    Aww yeah, Taskmaster might be the father of Finesse. Makes Academy infinitely more interesting. Not his best profile picture though.

DarkWarrior on
  • RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Aww yeah, Taskmaster might be the father of Finesse. Makes Academy infinitely more interesting. Not his best profile picture though.
    Not to mention the whole
    Quicksilver never being a Skrull
    thing is pretty interesting too.

Ruins on
    ach.png
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We knew about that though

Furu on
    edited July 2010
    I never even knew he was accused of being a Skrull, I dont really follow the guy.

Finesse at the moment is walking a fine line between being interesting and a pain in the ass. When she was talking with pym and having internal monologues about how her manipulations were succeeding and failing with him, that was interesting. But without Taskmasters attitude she's generally coming across as a smug, emotionless character without many likable qualities. Will have to see if they can build on her better components.

DarkWarrior on
    edited July 2010
    Finesse sounds a lot like Joystick, to be honest.

TexiKen on
    edited July 2010
    Iron man wasn't too bad, its interesting because one of these super geniuses is finally using their tech to drastically alter the landscape of the world, even if its just a repulsor car right now.

DarkWarrior on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So Grim Hunt didn't actually explain how Anya lost her powers, or indeed show any hint of it happening! Way to be up on it, Kelly.

Furu on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So far Batman #701 is my MotW. I'm loving this RIP/FC crossover. It feels like a "behind the scenes" sort of story. The whole "30 Days to Omega" thing is pretty sweet. Its impending doom to something we already know about.

Gotta say though, my favorite part was Superman on the big screen. "We need you on this." Its like... god stuff is happening. Galactic level crap. And who do they need? A mortal. They need the Batman.

Lucascraft on
    edited July 2010
    I never even knew he was accused of being a Skrull, I dont really follow the guy.

He wasn't really accused, he said he was a skrull because he was being a Jackass for a long time leading up to the Invasion. Like stealing the Inhumans' Mist Crystals and causing the US to invade the moon. So afterwords he was all "IT WAS A SKRULL! NOT ME!" and everyone bought it.

Sharp101 on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did any of you geese buy Officer Downe? I forgot to order it, which means my shop probably has zero copies.

DouglasDanger on
    edited July 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    So far Batman #701 is my MotW. I'm loving this RIP/FC crossover. It feels like a "behind the scenes" sort of story. The whole "30 Days to Omega" thing is pretty sweet. Its impending doom to something we already know about.

Gotta say though, my favorite part was Superman on the big screen. "We need you on this." Its like... god stuff is happening. Galactic level crap. And who do they need? A mortal. They need the Batman.

I didn't like how he said "I've tried so ahrd to earn their respect"

He doesn't need their respect and it doesn't seem at all like him to actually work at earning it.
    Sharp101 wrote: »

He wasn't really accused, he said he was a skrull because he was being a Jackass for a long time leading up to the Invasion. Like stealing the Inhumans' Mist Crystals and causing the US to invade the moon. So afterwords he was all "IT WAS A SKRULL! NOT ME!" and everyone bought it.

Thats a pretty awesome universe.

"YOU WERE SCREWING MY SISTER!"
    "It was a skrull"
    "Oh, ok. Well do you want to do me and my sister?"

DarkWarrior on