As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Spider-Man 3 Discussion Thread

• Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Tank wrote: »
    Anyone know if Bruce Campbell is going to do a cameo in this one?

I think he plays a french guy

Algertman on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bruce Campbell Online sez:

'Hell no! They say there are no small parts. Especially in humungous blockbuster movies like the highly-anticipated threequel to Spider-Man!

"All the Sony lawyers will let me say is that I once again have a pivotal role in the movie and that this time, Spider-man and I team up!" -BC'

Wildcat on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    God I love that man...

Frankly, he might make an interesting villian.. maybe Rhino or Kraven... or Hammerhead. It sucks that none of Spider-Man's villians are exceptionally witty...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The general consensus seems to be that he'd make a great Mysterio.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

yes!! How could I forget about Mysterio! That is perfect. Well... good enough, anyway. Better then Kirsten Dunst as MJ...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rotten Tomatoes has a bunch of theatres in my area have a 12:01AM showing for May 3rd listed.

I'm trying to figure out if they're really showing it a day early, or if they're just the kind of Dummy Dumbingtons I've had to deal with who'll say "midnight tonight" and actually mean midnight tomorrow.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rotten Tomatoes has a bunch of theatres in my area have a 12:01AM showing for May 3rd listed.

I'm trying to figure out if they're really showing it a day early, or if they're just the kind of Dummy Dumbingtons I've had to deal with who'll say "midnight tonight" and actually mean midnight tomorrow.

Seriously.
    Guys.
    May 3rd at 12:00AM means a minute after May 2nd, 11:59. Stop saying "MIDNIGHT MAY 3RD"

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah. When I was buying my tickets on Saturday I didn't see any listings for midnight May 4th. Even Movietickets.com was pulling that "midnight May 3rd" shit.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Yeah. When I was buying my tickets on Saturday I didn't see any listings for midnight May 4th. Even Movietickets.com was pulling that "midnight May 3rd" shit.

RT has about a dozen theatres in my area listing midnight showings for May 3rd, and another dozen for May 4th.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My theater took the safe route and said May 3rd at 11:59 PM.

Also, 3 AM showings!

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    Herr CaesarHerr Caesar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Someone please tell me why the hell Sandman was picked over both Lizard and Mysterio.

Herr Caesar on
    civbandit.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Someone please tell me why the hell Sandman was picked over both Lizard and Mysterio.

Probably because Venom is the "real" villain and they didn't want to use either of those two as a throwaway?

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Lizard would seem derivative to casual audiences, and Raimi's got to be saving Mysterio until he can convince Sony that Bruce Campbell is the only person for the role.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Herr CaesarHerr Caesar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Lizard would seem derivative to casual audiences, and Raimi's got to be saving Mysterio until he can convince Sony that Bruce Campbell is the only person for EVERY role.
    Fixed

Herr Caesar on
    civbandit.jpg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bruce Campbell as Spider-man would be pretty awesome.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just got back from the Cinema, and I have to say I had a really good time! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the first two films.

And I learned something about the symbiote...
    it imbues you with the amazing power of the emo-swoop!

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I don't even know who Bruce Campbell is.

Except I think he did the tutorial narration in the first Spider-Man: The Movie game.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Kill yourself. Now.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Virral wrote: »
    Kill yourself. Now.
    Or even better, go out and buy The Evil Dead.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well I too just got back from seeing the movie. Easily worst of the three (think Ghost Rider, just not as bad). Sure it was condensed and had an ending that seemed like it was there just for the sake of wrapping things up, but it did have some "redeeming qualities".
    Gwen Stacy. It's amazing how platinum blond hair gave Bryce Dallas Howard an extreme boost hotness. Her personality was really likable as well. Though he she was a minor character, but damn, every scene with her was such a blessing, unlike MJ who was just torture. Song, dance, and green-eyed monster is all you need to know about MJ.

The witty-confident-smartass Spidey we've all wanted is finally here. I was so happy to see this and even cracked a boner a few times over it. :p When he gets the black suit it gets better (c'ya chum!)...but also leads to some very lame moments. Like "rip out my eyes" lame. Serious, just about everyone in the audience groaned and rolled their eyes. A fine example of this was when Peter started dancing in street. That sequence will forever plague my mind. Also, the emo hair wasn't needed at all. "Hmm. How should I express my dark side? Oh I know!" *brushes down the front of his hair*

Action was at it's highest. Six fight scenes, including one super-dupa-mega-brawl and one minor fight at the jazz club. Sandman was the only robber/thug person, and boy was he undeveloped. Venom too, as was Harry. So much potential left undeveloped.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kill yourself. Now.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kill yourself. Now.

Also, did Spidey actually crack more than one joke this movie? Really?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The movie is tracking at 68% at Rottentomatoes.com. Definately a drop from the 92% that Spider-man 2 is at, and I don't think all the reviews have come in yet.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Cubicle CaptiveCubicle Captive Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Okay everyone --

Anybody got a guess on the domestic box office take for the weekend? Think Spidey will reclaim the record from Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Pirates?

Cubicle Captive on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Okay everyone --

Anybody got a guess on the domestic box office take for the weekend? Think Spidey will reclaim the record from Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Pirates?

Nope. Pirates didn't just beat it, it whipped it, kicked it and made the record its bitch.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    its a shame too because pirates 2 was gawd awful.

Guek on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, I wouldn't say that. 132 million (Pirates 2) v. 114 million? Sure it's a healthy margin, but come on..

Cubicle Captive on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, I wouldn't say that. 132 million (Pirates 2) v. 114 million? Sure it's a healthy margin, but come on..

Really only 132? I thought it was like 150+. Well I guess since my numbers were wrong I withdraw my previous statement

smokmnky on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

yes!! How could I forget about Mysterio! That is perfect. Well... good enough, anyway. Better then Kirsten Dunst as MJ...

Hello Spider-man! I am GAY! For YOU!

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    But sadly, no one is gay for Mole Man.

Anybody get the reference?

Cubicle Captive on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

If anyone didn't, I'm confiscating their nerd badges.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Seriously... where do you think you are?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

Seriously... where do you think you are?

I'm new. Sorry.

Anyway, any dollar amount estimates for SP3?

Cubicle Captive on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Crap. I meant Spider-man 3.

Cubicle Captive on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    "Ghost Rider" but not as bad, Heatwave? "Bad" is the only thing that characterized Ghost Rider. :P

T-minus 7.5 hours until my show time. While the reviews aren't as fantastic this time around (at least, not yet - it still only has half the reviews of Spidey 2), I'm still excited.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Well I too just got back from seeing the movie. Easily worst of the three (think Ghost Rider, just not as bad). Sure it was condensed and had an ending that seemed like it was there just for the sake of wrapping things up, but it did have some "redeeming qualities".
    Gwen Stacy. It's amazing how platinum blond hair gave Bryce Dallas Howard an extreme boost hotness. Her personality was really likable as well. Though he she was a minor character, but damn, every scene with her was such a blessing, unlike MJ who was just torture. Song, dance, and green-eyed monster is all you need to know about MJ.

The witty-confident-smartass Spidey we've all wanted is finally here. I was so happy to see this and even cracked a boner a few times over it. :p When he gets the black suit it gets better (c'ya chum!)...but also leads to some very lame moments. Like "rip out my eyes" lame. Serious, just about everyone in the audience groaned and rolled their eyes. A fine example of this was when Peter started dancing in street. That sequence will forever plague my mind. Also, the emo hair wasn't needed at all. "Hmm. How should I express my dark side? Oh I know!" *brushes down the front of his hair*

Action was at it's highest. Six fight scenes, including one super-dupa-mega-brawl and one minor fight at the jazz club. Sandman was the only robber/thug person, and boy was he undeveloped. Venom too, as was Harry. So much potential left undeveloped.

Wow I don't agree at all...
    I thought the part where the suit was taking control was hilarious, with his emo hair. It showed the absurd amount of confidence and aggression the suit was giving him, and while the part in the jazz club was absurdly bad, it lead to the realization that the suit was evil and the scene in the church.

Him strutting along the street freaking out all the women who walked past was pure awesome.

100% agreement on Gwen Stacy, she was absurdly hot and MJ was pretty painful ("Sthut up Peter, it's all about meeeeeeeeeee")

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I thought the part where the suit was taking control was hilarious, with his emo hair. It showed the absurd amount of confidence and aggression the suit was giving him, and while the part in the jazz club was absurdly bad, it lead to the realization that the suit was evil and the scene in the church.

Him strutting along the street freaking out all the women who walked past was pure awesome.

100% agreement on Gwen Stacy, she was absurdly hot and MJ was pretty painful ("Sthut up Peter, it's all about meeeeeeeeeee")

That's
    absurd

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The movie is tracking at 68% at Rottentomatoes.com. Definately a drop from the 92% that Spider-man 2 is at, and I don't think all the reviews have come in yet.

Does anyone else think it's weird that it dropped so far so fast? I've gone from being impossibly confident to slightly nervous about the movie.

Ah well. Not much longer now.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Charmy wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

Does anyone else think it's weird that it dropped so far so fast? I've gone from being impossibly confident to slightly nervous about the movie.

Ah well. Not much longer now.

If you're letting a bunch of reviews from people most likely with different tastes from yourself get to you, then i feel sorry for you. I never care what reviews have to say, because i disagree half of the time. I'm not saying the movie is going to live up to it's immense expectations (probably a big factor of the low score), but to lose excitement over what a couple of asshats who think their opinion on movies is better than everyone else's say, well then i'm sorry for you.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Nogs wrote: »

That's
    absurd

Bah, quiet you!

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg