As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Starcraft 2] Only 2 weeks left! Sign up to the PA friend list in the OP now!

1555657585961»

• TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I thought I should let you all know Ryougi is a jerk

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I thought that insult was male specific.

hmm, i should probably get on for some games tonight.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nah, girls can be jerks all the time.

I've been either remarkably lucky these last few nights or I'm getting back into the swing of SC2. I just got my "5th consecutive win" achievement after two matches tonight that didn't feel especially close. Hopefully that means I'll be moving up to Silver soon... where I'll doubtlessly get my butt kicked over and over again.

I think I'm starting to get a lot better at understanding my scouting data. For example, I scouted a Stargate in PvP and started massing some extra Stalkers, then later scouted a bunch of Gateways going down and knew it would be a great time to attack. Second game (PvZ) my Observer caught sight of a fast expo with a dozen lings at the bottom of a ramp and 10 Roaches on top. One force field cut the army in 2, and a second one held the Roaches off until I had managed to kill the expo and all its precious Drones.

I think my next step will be integrating hotkeys, which I barely touch except for Probes, Pylons, and 1-10 for my assigned control groups. I like the idea a few pages back of adding one at a time and forcing myself to use it every time.

Terrendos on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    god i'm so bad at microing and macroing simultaneously

i always lose track of SOMETHING i should be doing at some point every game

i'll focus too much on battles and end up with ridonkulous amounts of resources and no larva to use it on, gotta get better with dis larva shite

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    god i'm so bad at microing and macroing simultaneously

i always lose track of SOMETHING i should be doing at some point every game

i'll focus too much on battles and end up with ridonkulous amounts of resources and no larva to use it on, gotta get better with dis larva shite

In your defense, it's really hard to macro with Zerg while focusing on your units. The other races have their production buildings hotkeyed and don't need to switch focus to keep up macro, but with Zerg you need to stay on top of spawn larvae. If I were you I'd focus more on macro and just A-move your army. Even if you lose the battle, you should be able to respawn your army almost instantly.

mEEksa on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I literally cannot count the number of times I have been microing a battle and feeling all, as Day[9] would say, Suave and handsome, and then I look up at my mineral count and thing "holy fuck I've got 1k minerals". ANd then I make 7 mutas simultaneously.

Stupid attention problem.

Khavall on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    GAH! So I am finally back home and get my computer back set up and my mouse is not working right and my computer keeps overheating stopping me from playing any SC2.

Neaden on
  • EzekielEzekiel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Neaden wrote: »
    GAH! So I am finally back home and get my computer back set up and my mouse is not working right and my computer keeps overheating stopping me from playing any SC2.

Put it on low?

Ezekiel on
    428475-1.png
    I will throw you on the land and hurl you on the open field. I will let all the birds of the air settle on you and all the beasts of the earth gorge themselves on you. I will spread your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your remains. I will drench the land with your flowing blood all the way to the mountains, and the ravines will be filled with your flesh. - Ezekiel 32: 4-6
    edited July 2010
    screw that. Open the case and put a fan on it.

TheStig on
  • WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TheStig wrote: »
    screw that. Open the case and put a fan on it.

What on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    duld i feel like half your posts are quotes of posts that are correct

which is good i guess, but i just had to point it out

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    just got called a cheater. that feels great.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • McSnugglesMcSnuggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Like 70% of my games are TvT. Terran and Randoms who random T. On the plus side, I win most of them. On the other hand, TvT is BORING AS HELL and I can't practice v Z and P and so I do pretty poorly versus them. Anyone wanna help me practice BOs versus those two races?

Edit: Platinum/Diamond.

McSnuggles on
    360 Gamertag: Mcsnuggles
    371610-1.png
  • StreltsyStreltsy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Same here McSnuggles, except that I suck at TvT and lose most of my games. In fact I went on tilt yesterday, and lost like 10 games in a row. Most of them TvTs. :(

Streltsy on
    410239-1.png
    edited July 2010
    Variable wrote: »

Reminds me of my Q3 rocket arena days when I would hit guys mid air with rocket and be called an aim botter.
    It's like the best compliment.

TheStig on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't mind tvt to be honest.

feel actually happy with all of my matchups right now, but then I'm on a streak right now. this afternoon I was going nuts!

it was a protoss who called me a cheater which feels extra great after how I felt earlier. wheeeeeee

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TheStig wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

Reminds me of my Q3 rocket arena days when I would hit guys mid air with rocket and be called an aim botter.
    It's like the best compliment.

Man. An aimbot wouldn't even do that. I would have typed out things like: Aimbot Superh4x 2.1 enabled.

I don't doubt that there are maphacks out there, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Shens on
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ghooooosts

fucking ghoooooooooosts arhghghrhghhrt

It's like Psi Storm but instant, more damaging, removes your ability to cast spells, and way lower on the tech tree to boot!

Lemming on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    McSnuggles wrote: »
    Like 70% of my games are TvT. Terran and Randoms who random T.
    Tell me about it. It's gotten to the point where when I see "Random" on the loading screen I just assume it's going to be Terran.

Salvation122 on
  • xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    not sure if anyone cares, but from my post on the prior page

you can d/l sc2

http://beta-us.battle.net/en/info/digital-purchase

xta on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So if I still haven't got some sort of an invite to the beta, it's because I wronged a Blizzard exec in a previous life, yes?

His Corkiness on
  • MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The chances to get a beta key from just randomly signing up was pretty low. Most of us just preordered the game and got a key.

Not me, because I'm one of the lucky ones. :smug.gif:

EDIT: And the beta ends on monday anyway.

Movitz on
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    McSnuggles wrote: »
    Like 70% of my games are TvT. Terran and Randoms who random T. On the plus side, I win most of them. On the other hand, TvT is BORING AS HELL and I can't practice v Z and P and so I do pretty poorly versus them. Anyone wanna help me practice BOs versus those two races?

Edit: Platinum/Diamond.

My games today went in this order
    ZvZ, ZvZ, ZvZ, ZvZ, ZvT, ZvZ, ZvP.

On the plus side it did help me learn a nice little trick in ZvZ early game.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • EzekielEzekiel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That zerg play on this recent d9d was pretty sad. He had a spire, never used it.... ugh. That was frustrating to watch.

Ezekiel on
    428475-1.png
    I will throw you on the land and hurl you on the open field. I will let all the birds of the air settle on you and all the beasts of the earth gorge themselves on you. I will spread your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your remains. I will drench the land with your flowing blood all the way to the mountains, and the ravines will be filled with your flesh. - Ezekiel 32: 4-6
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lemming wrote: »
    Ghooooosts

It's like Psi Storm but instant, more damaging, removes your ability to cast spells, and way lower on the tech tree to boot!

Fuck EMP, fo realz.

I looked at my matches played list yesterday - 55% of my opponents are T, 35% are P, and a measly 10% are Zerg. Where the Zerg at?

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Does anyone know if there's going to be a demo? It seems as though my PC meets the recommended specs, but I'm never sure. Any other ways to test?

Snare on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ezekiel wrote: »
    That zerg play on this recent d9d was pretty sad. He had a spire, never used it.... ugh. That was frustrating to watch.

Trus did the same thing in some game someone posted a replay of. The guy was using almost nothing but zealot's and Colossus' and Trus builds a spire after forever of seeing this and I'm thinking "Hooray, 6 Muta's and he has this finally!". Then he builds roaches and not 1 muta. I was sad. :(

Xeddicus on
  • RivulentRivulent Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Trus did the same thing in some game someone posted a replay of. The guy was using almost nothing but zealot's and Colossus' and Trus builds a spire after forever of seeing this and I'm thinking "Hooray, 6 Muta's and he has this finally!". Then he builds roaches and not 1 muta. I was sad. :(

Haha glad someone watched it! I was ready to pop stalkers the second he got mutas or corrupters. I was pretty shocked at how effective just zealots and collosus are against zerg ground forces, although Ultras didnt come into the mix.

Rivulent on
  • MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rivulent wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Haha glad someone watched it! I was ready to pop stalkers the second he got mutas or corrupters. I was pretty shocked at how effective just zealots and collosus are against zerg ground forces, although Ultras didnt come into the mix.

Heh, I watched it too and was also thinking "get those mutas up dammit!!!". I sort of half-sped through it though so I guess there was a good reason, like gas economy or that he was already devoted to ground units by upgrades.

Movitz on
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Ghooooosts

Fuck EMP, fo realz.

I looked at my matches played list yesterday - 55% of my opponents are T, 35% are P, and a measly 10% are Zerg. Where the Zerg at?

we're getting steamrolled by terran mech, being bored to death by ling v ling yet fighting honourably vs. tossers.

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Time to retire this old and tattered thread. Gentleman, I bring you.....

The New Starcraft 2 thread!

Make sure to leave all the old, decrepit conversations behind.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've played a bunch of TvT recently, it every game has come down to air support. Either the other guy tries to Seige Tank me to death and I banshee/BC his ass (seriously, BCs vs Marines is hilariously one sided), or we both go air and have a white-knuckle harrassment game.

Also, I tried auto-unburrow for the first time last night, on some Banelings with Roaches just behind. I completely missed a group of marines stim themselves and run up my ramp.. because they dissolved as soon as they reached the top of the cliff. Hilarious. I'm gonna do that every game I can now.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Auto-unburrow? I've never heard of that. Do tell!

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Ghooooosts

Fuck EMP, fo realz.

Tired of getting rolled by Terran mech

Salvation122 on